France: GrandeDukeJerot
    England: Dwayna_DF07
    Japan: Elder_Kin
    Turkey: Karmuno
    Germany: Vexen
    China: Elektro
    Austria: Viggo
    Russia: Maldiem

Negotiations last until Monday September 10th, because I want you guys to have enough time and I have a lot to do this weekend.

Schedule:
    Moves due Wednesdays at 10:00 EST as a kindness to those of you running on that. That's 7:00 my time, so I should have moves up Thursday nights. Retreats due Fridays at 10:00 EST, builds Sundays, same story. Taking this rather slow as it's the first time I've ever DM'd a Dip game.
    Last edited by J_Muller; 2007-09-19 at 09:56 PM.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Fiscal Mereor, by NecroPaladin.

Spoiler
    Show

Kyrian, describing my very own Fourth Empire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian View Post
    ...god damned moron organizations full of morons...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

Greetings from the Great Dragon

I am Han Xiang Zi, advisor to Emperor Guangxu. The Son of Heaven has been restored to his rightful position after the downfall of the hated usurper and tyrant Sheng-ji Yang. I will act as his instrument in foreign affairs. Let it be known that Great China will no longer tolerate foreign interference in its affairs as occurred in the Boxer Rebellion. Direct all inquires and correspondence to me.

Zhu ni zou yun!

Spoiler
    Show
    Gratuitous Alpha Centauri reference for my fellow SMACers Moody and Vexen. Best game ever! Also, contact via PM is preferred.
    Last edited by Elektro; 2007-09-06 at 01:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Kaiser Vexen of the grand Empire of Germany is ready and willing to receive emissaries from all nations at this time. I warn all nations of attempted deceipt or treachory as Germany's intelligence agency are quite adept, having already intercepted foreign messages intended for others.

OoC: feel free to PM me, I prefer E-mail if that is acceptable. if so let me know in a PM and i will send you my E-mail. Also for any Newbies i prefer all messages have "Diplomacy-OE&P" in the subject it also makes it easier if you list your nation as well i.e. "Diplomacy -OE&P Germany to Italy"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Greetings! The magnificent Kingdom of Italy stands ready to take its rightful place in the world through negotiation and - should it come to it - force. If you wish to avoid use of force, the Italian Embassy stands open to receive diplomats from all corners of the earth.
    Ramm in Lords of the Elements
    Russia in The World is Dark

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

This is a message directly from Sultan Mustafa V, Padisha, Hünkar, Hakan ül-Berreyn vel-Bahreyn, Sovereign of the House of Osman, Sultan of Sultans, Khan of Khans, Caliph of the Faithful and Successor to the Prophet of the Lord of the Universe, Servant of the Holy Cities of Mecca, Madina, and Jerusalem, Caesar of the Roman Empire, Emperor of the Three Cities of Contsantinople, Adrianople, etc.

Diplomatic channels are now officially open. The Sultan prays that we can have civil, productive negotiations to help further our aims of nationalism and modernization.

OoC: J_Muller, What's the actual posting schedule, and can you put it in the original post, please?
    Metagaming - Inappropriate For All Ages

A Conversation Explaining D&D To A Friend:
    Me: You can also always get a bag of holding.
    Him: Aren't all bags technically of holding?
    Me: Yeah... but...

We are here on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. R.I.P. Mr. Vonnegut. Kurt's in heaven too.

Sign The World Petition! Save the world!

6. - Top - End - #6

BlueKnightGuy

OoC: If anyone cares to engage in a non-PM method of contact, my email address is [email protected] and my AIM screen name is Londonwerewolf6. And yes, that's a Warren Zevon reference.

"I do not know what weapons we will use in World War Three, but in World War Four we will use sticks and stones."
    -Albert Einstein

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

Hello, I am Dwayna DragonFire, Prime Minister of the great English Empire, representing her majesty, the Queen of England. Any negotiations to be made are to be directed towards me. Let it be known that the English Empire values loyalty, and that any deception will be dealt with accordingly. God save our Queen!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

OOC: I will be using actual japanese historical figures from the real life time line.
    From Katō Takaaki, Foreign Minister of the Empire of Japan (Gaimu Daijin).

Greetings to all representitives of foreign nations. I Katō Takaaki am the representitive of his Imperial Majesty, Emperor of the Chrysanthemum Throne, Emperor Mutsuhito. As his Imperial Majestys' representitive to all foreign nations I would like to first send a warm welcome from his Imperial Majesty as we open diplomatic ties. As we develop our cultural and political associations with one another, let us ensure proper honor and respect.

OOC: For those who wish to contact me outside the PM system, my public e-mail is [email protected]
    Last edited by Elder_Kin; 2007-09-06 at 04:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by karmuno View Post
    OoC: J_Muller, What's the actual posting schedule, and can you put it in the original post, please?
    ((I've added it to the OP.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Even better. Boy from Turkey and girl from UK wake up in Vegas married to one another. We'll call it Dude, Where's My Country?

10. - Top - End - #10

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by J_Muller View Post
    ((I've added it to the OP.))
    As far as the schedule goes, retreats and builds should be separate deadlines, at least 24 hours apart, because sometimes retreat orders can influence build orders, either directly or indirectly.

Also, if you need any help, I'll gladly help. I've done the whole thing several times. If you even want to just post all the orders at the appropriate deadlines, I'll adjudicate them and post maps and take care of pretty much everything else.

-Albert Einstein

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Moody the Wise View Post
    As far as the schedule goes, retreats and builds should be separate deadlines, at least 24 hours apart, because sometimes retreat orders can influence build orders, either directly or indirectly.

Also, if you need any help, I'll gladly help. I've done the whole thing several times. If you even want to just post all the orders at the appropriate deadlines, I'll adjudicate them and post maps and take care of pretty much everything else.
    ((Ah, true.

I've edited the schedule to allow for this and adjusted when moves are due to give more time between retreats and builds. Everybody make sure you're familiar with it.))
    Last edited by J_Muller; 2007-09-06 at 06:43 PM.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

BlueKnightGuy

Spring 1901

... Negotiations last until Monday September 10th, because I want you guys to have enough time and I have a lot to do this weekend.

Moves due Wednesdays at 10:00 EST ...
    So, just to make this perfectly clear to everyone, there are to be NO negotiations between Monday and Wednesday. =)

-Albert Einstein

13. - Top - End - #13

So, just to make this perfectly clear to everyone, there are to be NO negotiations between Monday and Wednesday. =)
    ((...whatever. You guys know what I mean.

Or not. I'm not even sure I know what I mean there. Regardless, moves are due Wednesday, and that's the only deadline you guys need to worry about.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

BlueKnightGuy

((...whatever. You guys know what I mean.

Or not. I'm not even sure I know what I mean there. Regardless, moves are due Wednesday, and that's the only deadline you guys need to worry about.))
    I'm just giving you a hard time, Muller. No hard feelings, though. I can't turn it off - I just have to make snarky comments.

-Albert Einstein

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greetings and salutations from the Prinz of Austria, Sigmund Broz Ferdinand. We look forward to mutual prosperity with our neighbors and isolation from any childishness, like war and skullduggery.
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

16. - Top - End - #16

I'm just giving you a hard time, Muller. No hard feelings, though. I can't turn it off - I just have to make snarky comments.
    ((Ha, don't worry. I'm the same way a lot of the time. I'm just not having the best of weeks, so I'm a bit off.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

I can't turn it off - I just have to make snarky comments.
    That and he likes to poke fun at spelling and grammatical errors in hasty posts.

18. - Top - End - #18

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
    That and he likes to poke fun at spelling and grammatical errors in hasty posts.
    From the archives:

Supper Powers?

Berlin was in a state of confusion this morning over a recent Turkish radio broadcast. "Who are these Western 'Supper Powers' of which you speak?" We eventually concluded that it must be us Germans. England would be more of a 'Tea-Time Power.' Everyone knows France is the land of all-day breakfast. The last time we checked, Italians subsist only on espresso and chocolates. And it is widely acknowledged that neither the Austrians nor the Russians feed their peasants.

War with Turkey makes babies?

German intelligence has discovered a hidden message in the recent Turkish radio broadcast. "War with Turkey makes babies, and nice girls cry." While we knew that nice girls cry, we were previously unaware that war with Turkey makes babies. We will be researching this claim further. We pray for everyone's sake that it is untrue; otherwise Turkey will likely be seeing a lot of declarations of war pass its way this season. We will also be sending a police unit to the Turkish Emperor to help him catch the dissidents that put this terrible message on the air.

OoC: Yeah, I'm a jerk. But I'm a funny jerk, or at least I like to think so.

-Albert Einstein

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

smile Re: Of Emperors and Presidents IC

OOC: Moody, those are hilarious!

20. - Top - End - #20

Everyone knows France is the land of all-day breakfast.
    ((This is untrue! I was in France this summer. Breakfast for them is a croissant and a cup of coffee. Spain suffers from this problem as well. I was grateful when I got to England and the hotel had an American-style breakfast buffet.))
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

BlueKnightGuy

((This is untrue! I was in France this summer. Breakfast for them is a croissant and a cup of coffee. Spain suffers from this problem as well. I was grateful when I got to England and the hotel had an American-style breakfast buffet.))
    ... Oh well.

-Albert Einstein

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Paris Report

President Jaques Sol mobilized the French Republican Army and Navy today, surprising the western powers at large. When questioned by reporters, he made this statement:

"The people of France have been upstaged for far too long. We now wish to make our name even more prominent with expansion. Any resistance to our growth will be rutlessly retaliated, leaving no one behind. The might of France will become renowned across the world."
    GENERATION 14: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social ecksperiment.

Spoiler
    Show
    KidKris's Tungsten Man

Djinn_in_Tonic's Tungsten Man

Credit to Djinn_In_Tonic for Peregrine
    Credit to Ninja_Chocobo for 10th doctor

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayna_DF07 View Post
    OOC: Moody, those are hilarious!
    Have you gone back and seen the game they are from. The first few seasons were pasted with it. it is from Chaos of War.

Though I would like to point out that, though incorrect, the comma in that sentence does not allow for the interpretation that moody used, hilarious as the ensuing commentary may have been.

24. - Top - End - #24

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vexen View Post
    Have you gone back and seen the game they are from. The first few seasons were pasted with it. it is from Chaos of War.

Though I would like to point out that, though incorrect, the comma in that sentence does not allow for the interpretation that moody used, hilarious as the ensuing commentary may have been.
    No, my interpretation is entirely valid. On what grounds do you find it otherwise?

-Albert Einstein

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueKnightGuy

Has anyone heard from Kylmä_Tuli? His profile shows he has not logged in since September 5th. If he's not really going to be here, should we find another player for India, J_Muller? I know that Charity is dying to get in on a game.

-Albert Einstein

26. - Top - End - #26

A good point, has anyone gotten a response from him in negotiations? If he hasn't shown by tonight after dinner, Charity gets the spot, since he'll need to get negotiations in quick.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Or I could play. Charity's in the other game...
    It says signature, but when I tried to sign my name, I just got pen on my computer screen.

Diplomacy:
    GM - The Lyapunov Affair
    Turkey - Fly Like a Butterfly
    French Austrians - Realpolitik

Want to play diplomacy? Want to GM a game? Want to learn what the game is? Good.

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by thewamp View Post
    Or that. Yeah, since Charity's already playing in one game, you can get it if Kylmä_Tuli doesn't show.
    Last edited by J_Muller; 2007-09-10 at 07:55 PM.
    <Rexatar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd love to play with thewamp again
    Marshal Josip Broz Tito avatar by Electric_Monkey

30. - Top - End - #30

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thewamp View Post
    Sweet, yeah, I love thewamp. He was my arch-nemesis turned fellow beleaguered power turned ally in Chaos of War! I didn't know you were around, or I would have suggested it. Not that Italy and India would have anything to talk about ... (call me).

-Albert Einstein