New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Avatar d20] Playtesting Combat 1 - level 1 pvp

Seeing the monk out numbered on the bridge, Shui Jin charges forward, stopping just out of reach of the firebender and lashes at him with his fire whip.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This'l probably kill me, but whatever. I'll go out in a far more awesome way than the guy I crit'd at the start.

charge to m12. If I have to go all the way to him with a charge, go ahead and stick me at k12 and ignore the fluff. attack with fire whip (only 15ft long, failed the check to make it 20)
    atk(1d20+3)[13] (+2 for charge)
    If I'm allowed to make a trip attempt with a fire whip (I don't know why not, hot feet would be as unstable as wrapped feet), here's my Strength check(1d20+1)[14]
    if not;
    dmg(1d6+1)[5]
    confirm(1d20+3)[19]

Spoiler
    Show
    damn, if only I could switch my confirm and my attack...:( should have made that an aid another
    Last edited by Pirate_King; 2008-02-28 at 03:45 PM.
    --------------------------
    Marten, make a wiggle check
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

Gold contributer to the Avatar Project
    Firebender avatar by Shades of Gray

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nice to see you finally joined Shui.

Yan strikes out at the waterbender with his weapons. (If the waterbender dies from my first attack, then my second attack will be aimed at the firebender)

attack1 - (1d20+4)[22]
    attack2 - (1d20+4)[14]
    damage1 - (1d6+2)[3]
    damage2 - (1d6+2)[6]
    confirm1 - (1d20+4)[12]
    confirm2 - (1d20+4)[20]

3. - Top - End - #33

Finally?Says Jin, a bit indignantly, In case you didn't remember, there were 4 enemies to start with
    Spoiler
    Show
    hee. banter. Also, sort of a minor thing, but in China, and I think Japan, I can't remember, a person's surname is traditionally placed before their informal, so Shui Jin's "first name" would technically be Jin. Though, I suppose they don't really do that much in the avatar world; the only one given multiple names who doesn't use all of them at once every time is Toph
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Eep, I'm at one! 5-2=3, plus 6-2 equals 4, and I have 8 hp. well, one now. But I'm not dead! Also, can I charge to K12 or so? K14, if the water isn't too deep? If so, I do that, hitting whichever one is closest. (1d20+7)[20] (2d4+7)[12]Elseways, Double move to threaten the pair of benders (K12)

Holding his sword in both hands, Arijin bounds across the intervening space, skidding to a halt in front of the enemy benders, brandishing his sword.
    Proud initiate ref for the Arena!
    Spoiler
    Show

Llince 2-1
    Akhond 1-0
    Wolatifex 0-0

Crimson Mageatar!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ex-avatar/ists:
    The Chilli God
    Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler
    Show
    since init order would have Arijin acting before me, I'll retcon my move to L11, my whip should still be able to reach E2 from there. 'm at 3HP, by the way
    Last edited by Pirate_King; 2008-02-28 at 05:52 PM.
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMolo View Post
    Holding his sword in both hands, Arijin bounds across the intervening space, skidding to a halt in front of the enemy benders, brandishing his sword.
    Does he have two swords, or is he jumping with his sword, sheathing it, then drawing it again?

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Does he have two swords, or is he jumping with his sword, sheathing it, then drawing it again?
    Arijin has a great sword, you might be confusing him with one of our enemies
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

8. - Top - End - #38

I meant Flymolo said with "his greatsword in hand" He ran and jumped over the river, then "drew his greatsword"

9. - Top - End - #39

ah. he must have changed his post
    Last edited by Pirate_King; 2008-02-28 at 09:35 PM.
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

10. - Top - End - #40

....Sorant begins to get nervous of his allies' talk of 'killing' their opponents and 'finishing off' the waterbender. He had always thought that this opposing group was to be respected and competed against, not eliminated. Nevertheless, he sees that no death has taken place and realizes that these two opponents can still be very effective, as they hold a choke point in the battlefield. It's time to turn that choke point into a cage.
    ....With all enemies in close proximity out of the way, Sorant makes a dash to the river's shore and makes a deft leap over the waters, getting into a good position to take a shot at either of the combatants hoping to break away from his friends' frontal assault.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, I take a move action to make it to I16, taking 10 on the DC 10 Jump check over the river and passing with a 14. After that, I prepare an action to attack the first opponent to get out of melee, so as not to suffer the -4 to attack roll. If neither of them breaks melee, then I'll take my shot at the waterbender to spare her the pain of lethal damage, as Sorant associates her with his sister.

Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[18]
    Damage Roll - (1d4)[3]
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth

11. - Top - End - #41

Round 3 Summary

Displaying an unearthly speed and grace, Sorant bounds forward and leaps across the stream, landing lightly on his toes on the other side. There he waits for an opportunity to strike.

Arijin, meanwhile, draws in a deep gasp of air as his wounds smart, but he musters up his strength and charges forward, reaching the bridge and thrusting his greatsword forward at the firebender in front of him, who gasps in pain before slumping to the ground (ouch, greatswords HURT).

Almost simultaneously, Shui Jin runs forward and takes his place behind Arijin, only to find that his intended target has already been dispatched.

The final remaining opponent, the female waterbender, sees her self completely outnumbered and out maneuvered, and raises her hands in surrender, the water she had previously readied for an attack splashing down into the stream.

I can see when I’m beaten. Well fought. Please, allow me to attend to my comrades.

She moves to each of her companions in turn, immersing her hands in water from her waterskin which glows momentarily before sinking into the wounds of the fallen warriors. They gasp as their wounds are knit back together, and sit up painfully. When this is finished, she offers similar services to those of your party who have been injured in the fighting.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    And that’s the battle! Well done, one and everyone. I hope that the combat was enjoyable and illuminating, and I apologize for my tardiness in posting the results of round 1.

If anyone has any comments they need to make about the system, I’ve started a new analysis thread. Check it out!
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!

12. - Top - End - #42

Sorant smiles kindly. This girl is so much like his sister; the thick black curls, a skilled waterbender, she's even learning to heal! It's been almost two years since he's been home...

...Wait a moment.

"Alma?! Alma! You're here!"

Rushing forward, Sorant engulfs his younger sister in a bear hug, immensely proud of her attitude and application of her waterbending. After a long embrace, he lets her go and starts asking and answering questions on how they both got to be in the Avatar Arena Games.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    You totally set this up, Meph. Nicely done.

You don't actually have to answer this post, but I'd like to make a level 10 version of Alma for later on, so might as well have some backstory.
    Water, Earth, Fire, and Air: Benders of the Avatar world
    Monks and Rangers for a non-magical world
    Quote Originally Posted by KKL View Post
    Edition Wars and Nerd Rage destroyed Rome. Ceasar died because he was a crappy DM.
    Avatar By the amazing Mephibosheth