New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Saga: In the Ash's of Edan II

"I'm useless with these things. I fix machines, not people." She pulls herself up, leaning on Dra-Ven's arm, "And who are you calling kid?"
    Thanks to Simius for the awesome avatar.

[Selia]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alright then... Time to get moving. If we're lucky, no one heard anything from our fighting, but I'd rather not take that risk.

Following his own advise, he quickly continues in the direction they were running before. Though, not before he grabs another spare power pack from the troopers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

3. - Top - End - #93

"Any of you good with a medpack?"

[Selia]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Ah ja! You see? One way or another, the Hunt comes. Cheelo finds the trooper he shot in the head and takes a couple spare power packs, the rifle, and a frag grenade. Yes, Let's go!
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

Seeing Sel limping, Jesara nods and says, "I have received training on the use of a medpac." Jesara motions to Dra Ven to set Sel down so that Jesara can have better access. Jesara does her best, given the unfamiliar alien physiology.

Spoiler
    Show

"Treat Injury" - (1d20+8)[20]
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-04 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Add color
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Damian

Panting from the excitement of the battle, and from the pain of his wounds, Damian slowly walks towards the injured girl.

"I'm a professional physician" he says as he sits besides the two women. "If you want me to take a look at it I will, but it seems like this young lady knowes what she is doing".
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it".

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Lyn Meii

Lyn retracts the blade of her lightsaber and puts it back in her secret pocket. She then goes over to the headless trooper and takes the utility belt and rifle, Still having the stern face she had during the battle. She silently starts walking of following Joorn.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

Jesara smiles and sighs in relief when the doctor shows up. "Thank you doctor. I'm not sure I've got this right." Jesara backs away and allows the doctor to do his work. Jesara goes back to watching for more approaching stormtroopers.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-04 at 04:23 PM. Reason: wrong color
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Dra Ven

As soon as the flurry of activity subsides, Dra Ven puts his fist in the air and looks around, Alright- we need to keep moving. There's a lot of chatter right now, and I honestly can't tell who's comin or goin right now. Lets get into the deep woods and figure out where we're going to go from there."
    Be kind... click on my dragons!

10. - Top - End - #100

Sel sighs as the anestetic numbs the pain in her leg, the bacta patches speed the healing, and she can walk decently again. "Thanks" she smiles at the Mon Calamari, then limps off, holding onto Dra Ven's shoulder.

She whispers into his ear, "And just cause I'm short doesn't mean I'm a kid."

OOC: now at 13 HP
    Last edited by pinkbunny; 2008-03-04 at 06:49 PM.

[Selia]

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Dra Ven

Grinning, Dra Ven helps support Sel and chuckles a bit, "Sure thing... kid."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

The Mon Calamari nods at Dra Ven, readies her new found rifle and moves out in the direction indicated. She keeps an eye out for approaching troops.

Spoiler
    Show

"Perception" - (1d20+13)[24]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

As you all make your way deeper into the dense forest, night begins to fall with in the hour the night is lite only by pale moon light.

......Fade Out.... End Part 1: Assault on Edan II
    ......Fade In.... Begin Part 2: Defeated!

You gaze thought the fading mist of your own breath in to the Edan night. It's cold: cold and eerily silent on the edge of the deep forest. The pristine atmosphere of Edan II -unmolested by industrial pollution- let the star shine in perfect clarity. As you look up to the myriad of distant suns, and the war which you know is occurring between them, you wonder if you'll ever be among the stars again.

It has been four days since the Imperials siege of Edan Base. The Sky slowly changes hues, lighting from a midnight black to a deep blue. The dawn is coming - and with it another day of survival on a lonely world. You've heard of a major settlement on this continent and one that lies to the south. With any luck you'll find fuel and weapon, spare equipment and Rebel sympathizers there.

You Remember hering Commander Drayson mentioning five rendezvous points scattered around the planet. Perhaps your fellow rebels are waiting for you at one of them.

But there will be no escape as long as that Star Destroyer is in orbit. In the deepest part of your minds, you know that you'll have to deal with the Imperial Star Destroyer Havoc before you can leave this world.

The faintest crest of the sun rises over the Eastern mountain range, and the chirping of a hundred Edan birds begins to fill the silence...

((OK so for all intents and purpose your all healed up, also go ahead and add a level every one.))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-06 at 06:32 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

14. - Top - End - #104

Selia sleeps curled up beside Dra-Ven, snoring softly. Her head rests on her folded flight suit, and she doesn't seem bothered by the lack of bedding, perhaps comforted by the soft, constant hum of the Kel-Dor's breath mask. As the first rays of sun peek through the leaves, she turns, averting her eyes and trying to catch a few more minutes of sleep. She gives up after a few seconds, rising and shaking the dew off of her clothes with a sigh.

HP: (1d6+2)[5]

[Selia]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Karloth

Up before the morning sun still feeling weak as a baby bantha in a krayt dragons maw, Karloth is sweeping through the data disks he loaded with information during the attack on their old station. Finally taking a break to rest his eyes he looks up at the pre-dawn sky and still sees the gray wedge shaped Imp star in orbit. Wish I had a real computer terminal with me, I'd find all sorts of things about you, he says more to himself than the stiring group.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

Cheelo

During these past days, Cheelo has been keeping an eye out for chances at fresh food, to supplement the meager rations brought with during the evacuation of the base. No reason to starve when we've got an entire Star Destroyer anxious to kill us first. Sometimes walking to the side of the group to gain some distance from the sound of their trek, he looks at the various flora and hopes for the occasional fauna.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want a check per day, here they are. If not, just take the first one. I guess today would be day five?
    Day One Survival [roll]d20+12[/roll]
    Day Two Survival [roll]d20+12[/roll]
    Day Three Survival [roll]d20+12[/roll]
    Day Four Survival [roll]d20+12[/roll]
    Day Five Survival [roll]d20+12[/roll]

As dawn breaks, Cheelo sits up with a grown and brushes the dew from his flight suit. So... any suggestions of where we should go? We've got options. I say we make our way to the closest settlement. They'll have transport there.
    Last edited by Quixotico; 2008-03-06 at 10:38 AM. Reason: grumble mumble... stupid die tag. Do it this way! Do it this way!

17. - Top - End - #107

Joorn

Not unfamiliar with surviving in the wilderness by himself, this was a small ordeal. Joorn's still as calm as anyone could possibly be under the circumstances.

He looks at Cheelo when he speaks, and answers.
    The closest settlement would indeed be the best option right now. Although, we cannot forget that there's almost certainly Imperials there as well.
    Last edited by Sayn; 2008-03-06 at 02:35 PM.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

As they say, "with newoongall above and ghest behind, I'll take my chances with the Hutt," eh? We'll be seeing Imperials no matter where we go.
    Last edited by Quixotico; 2008-03-06 at 02:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

"Imperials come from the Impstar-Deuce, in shuttles. Most standard shuttles have hyperspace capability and ample feul. All we'd have to do would be to wait until the big triangle in the sky orbits to the other side, then run. Unless they're in geosychronous, but we should still be able to get around the planet if we disable the transponder and fly low." She shrugs, offering her ideas to the group before gravitating to the furriest member and his datapad. "What do you want to know? I know a little about them."

[Selia]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

Jesara, unhappy with the dryness of the air and its affect on her skin, has been irritable. Her only solace is her meditation and the calming effect of standing guard.

When the subject of a destination comes up, Jesara says, "A possibility it remains, that an imperial shuttle is present at the remains of our old base. It is also possible, however unlikely, that a functional ship remains buried in the facility." Her thoughts drift off for the moment and then she finally adds, just before walking off on guard duty, "I have little knowledge of this planet. Unless we meet up with a local, I think returning to our former base may be our only option."

Spoiler
    Show

"HP" - (1d10)[8]
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-06 at 06:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Damian

Damian has been very quiet the last couple of days, not speaking with anybody unless they started a conversation with him. He helps finding sustenance in the wilderness and treating injuries, but right now he acts more like a droid then a human.

As the conversation turns to their destination, Damian approches the others and listens.
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it".

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Dra Ven

Dra Ven spends the next few days in deep contemplation of their options. Weiging each one against his rather stern logic, he spends more time musing with himself than actually communicating with the rest of his new found companions.

However, the little human female by the name of Sel has taken a shine to him. Beyond that, for some reason unknowable even to himself, he somehow feels obligated to her. As if that moment he jumped in front of her and made the realization that he would take a blaster bolt to the chest for someone he barely knew might have awakened something he has yet to understand.

As the conversation turns towards ideas and hopes of escape or revenge on the imperials, he can't help but identify with Joorn. "We need to head towards the nearest settlement and see if we can find a sympathizer or other way off planet. The handful of us alone can't take this on. We need cover or escape, and a city can do one, the other, or both."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

Jesara nods and says, "Indeed that is more desirable than what would seem to be an inevitable battle, but the question remains.. do you have knowledge of the planet or of the location of the nearest settlement? Without such, we might wander through the wilderness for weeks."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

((you know if any of you want to do a knowledge check to see what know about the planet and if venom gives me a use computer check on is datapad he might have something, and also i need a perception check.))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-07 at 05:58 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

Jesara tries to recall what she knows about the planet while looking around on guard duty.

Rolls :
    Spoiler
    Show

"KnowledgeOfThisPlanet" - (1d20+5)[20]
    "Perception" - (1d20+14)[20]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Karloth

Hmm, oh so do I miss ,Selia is it. Turning his attention away from his datapad for a few brief seconds. I know it's an Imperial Star Destoyer, and the compliment they usually carry, save for special missions. I was just wondering which ship it actually is, and possibly the captain. If I knew that I could give everyone here a better idea of what to expect from the man. Is he a base coward when faced with the slightest bit of opposition, or is he a blood thirsty killer that would sacrifice his ship to get us rebels? Sliding the disks in and out of his datapad he searches deeper for answers. I just hope what little data I was able to recover can help.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here are my rolls. I'll edit this post with a bit of roleplay later when I'm not rushed for time.
    Last edited by Venom; 2008-03-08 at 04:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Knowledge: (d20+5)[16]
    Perception: (d20+6)[23]

[Selia]

28. - Top - End - #118

Sel thinks it's too quiet, used to the endless humming of machinery. Her ears are fine tuned by the slight paranoia induced by the odd noises all around.

[Selia]

29. - Top - End - #119

Joorn

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[9]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Perception: (d20+0)[13]
    Knowledge: Eden II (d20+2)[17]
    Hit Points: (d10+2)[8]
    Bonus Soldier Feat: Precise Shot