New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars Saga: In the Ash's of Edan II

Sel whipes her bloody hands off on the foliage, then notices Dra Ven's grisly work and wrinkles her nose. "Is that completely necessary?" she says, eyeing the paws.
    Thanks to Simius for the awesome avatar.

[Selia]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Cheelo

Without taking his eyes from watching the surrounding forests, Cheelo half-mutters, "He prevailed in the Hunt. It's his right."
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

The Mon Calamari looks at Dra Ven and Cheelo and says, "It may be his right, but if he intents to take those bloody hides with him, he will be giving away our position. Soon enough the scent of death will emanate from the hides. That will attract more animals. Animals which we may not prevail over." She pauses and then adds, "Perhaps worse than that, if the Empire suspects we are out here, they may attempt to utilize animals to track us down."

She looks at the corpses, and adds, "I would have thought that the rest of you would like to recover a day or two food supply from these fallen beasts. Such things do not sit well in my stomach."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-22 at 09:13 AM. Reason: fix colors
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #154

"That, and it's gross." She uses a little water from her canteen to get the last of the blood off her hands. The time in the wilds has actually made her cleaner, and she now only smells mildly of sweat instead of the stronger industrial odor she had at first. Her hair is still hopelessly tangled, looking as if it would take shaving to get all the oil and grime out of it.

[Selia]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Dra Ven

Piling the hides, Dra Ven starts dismembering one of the tigers and slicing it into steaks."There is a method ot my madness, I assure you. These furs can very well be useful in the long run. If someone would like to start a fire, we can get a decent meal out of this, as well as a few days rations."

"Also- if the Empire decides to track us at all, it woul be through the small army of probe droids waiting in orbit. I am much less worried about them coming down with a pack of hounds."
    Be kind... click on my dragons!

6. - Top - End - #156

Sel seems fascinated by the macabre display of slicing the tiger, "People eat that?" she expresses incredulously.

[Selia]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Joorn

Joorn grins a little at Sel.
    People will eat almost anything to stay alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

8. - Top - End - #158

"But food comes in bars! I've never seen anything like that."

[Selia]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Dra Ven

"Before food came in bars and people lived in glass towers that reached to the sky, we lived and died by what we could fend off of the land,

"Sadly the Empire looks down on that kind of living, and those species that still find it to be a preferable way of life."

Laying out the carved meat on a piece of fur, he leaves it to be cooked and takes a look around for the nearest body of water while staying within shouting distance.

- if there is a body of water within a short distance (no more than a 5-10 minute walk) he will take the skins to the water, scrape off whatever is left on them in terms of meat, and wash them clean.

- if there is no water nearby, he will return to the camp and do the same work sans water, tossing the detrius of his skinning into the fire.

- he never holsters his weapon, keeping a good look out for anything.
    If needed: Perception: (d20)[3]
    Be kind... click on my dragons!

10. - Top - End - #160

"I haven't lived in any glass towers, but everything I've eaten has come from a factory somewhere. I never really thought about where it came from before that." The gears turning in her mind are almost visible behind her eyes as this new information clicks into place. "I'd guessed it was mined or something, like glitterstim." she pauses, pondering, "Does that mean you eat plants too? Some parts of some rations look kinda like bits of plants." Her curiosity immediately overcomes disgust and she follows closely behind Dra Ven, examining the meat and his work closely.
    Last edited by pinkbunny; 2008-03-22 at 06:40 PM.

[Selia]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's a stream about 8 meters away.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

The Mon Calamari snorts in disgust at the sights. Not one to lead, she allows the other to do as they wish. Tiger doesn't seem much like fish food, so she avoids consuming too much for fear of what it might do to her digestive system. The force is powerful, but still, one must eat.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

13. - Top - End - #163

Joorn

Having no problem with eating meat, or plants for that matter, Joorn helps cook the tiger-beefs.

We need to keep up our strength, should we encounter imperials in the settlement, and why waste food when it literally jumped into our arms?
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

"Technically, I think it jumped at our throats. But food is food." Cheelo shrugs and helps as he can with the cooking. "I assume we are making camp while we recover and prepare?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Karloth

Watching the spectacle of the scouts skinning the tigers and slicing them into manageable sized bits to cook later he almost starts to feel queasy. I think I have to second Sels sentiments earlier. I've never thought of where my foodbars came from, but I guess since we're fresh out of those I'll eat my fair share of this bounty, he says while trying not to look at the tiger carcases. When we're ready to find a settlement I came across a map of Edan in my datapad. I think that should help us find our way a little easier.

16. - Top - End - #166

"Do you eat it like that? It's a bit... bloody..."

[Selia]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, you can... But it's common to cook it, first."

18. - Top - End - #168

"Oh, that explains it. This actually explains a lot."

[Selia]

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Cheelo's ears shift to the sides slightly and he moves his head slowly forward and down, as if examining Sel closer; a common rodian expression of puzzlement. "You've honestly never explored the wilds? Hunted and known what it is to be victorious? Have you never experienced the Hunt?" Cheelo's expression brightens. "Well, aren't you in luck! It's a whole new experience, no, a whole new life! You'll never know another thrill like the Hunt, and you'll wonder what your life was before it. And you've got me to show you how it's done! Karloth, you too! You'll be warriors in no time!"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

Jesara listens in to Cheelo's conversation, but keeps her thoughts to herself. Pah. Exploration. Hunting. Thrills. A jedi craves not these things. Warriors? Why would they want to be warriors? Wars do not make one great.

Jesara tries not to impose her will upon others and simply sits and mediates, listening to the forest and its sounds.

"Perception" - (1d20+14)[16]

21. - Top - End - #171

"The wilds on Kessel don't have trees, or much oxygen. And the few hunts I've been in have been on the- uh, recieving end." She muses, "And my goal isn't to become a warrior anyway. I want a ship, though, at this rate, I'll prolly have to steal one." she shrugs, "Unless one of you knows where I could find a freighter for a couple hundred credits? Help fulfill a sweet little girl's dream?" She laughs, though it's easy to detect a twinge of bitterness in her voice.
    Last edited by pinkbunny; 2008-03-24 at 07:59 AM.

[Selia]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Damian

Even though they had allready done everything they could for Joorn, Damian kept his place by his side. Damian is clearly concerned, but doesn't remark on it.

When Cheelo begins to descripe how the hunt feels like, Damian looks up slightly smiling.
    "Yeah, I remember what it was like to hunt. It gave you quite a thrill.
    But I never liked the part where you killed your game"
    he says with a shrug.
    "And as you can see, I'm better at saving lives then I am at wielding a blaster".
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it".

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah, but the Hunt can extend into space! That's what I'm trying to do. I'm going to prove that dogfighting in starfighters is as true to the Hunt as any ghest-slay. If we can get us a ship, I'll show you what I can really do!" Cheelo grins. (for a Rodian) "Last I heard there were some Imperials taking over this planet. I'm sure one of them has a shiny starship we could borrow." He turns to Damian. "Ah, yes. It is quite sad when the Hunt has to end, isn't it? But, such are things. You did well, friend. You did very well."

24. - Top - End - #174

Joorn

Joorn smiles at Cheelo's passion for hunting.

Hunting is indeed thrilling. Though, I prefer it when I'm hundreds of yards away, looking at an imperial through my scope, before shooting him in the head. Now that's hunting.

His hand unconsciously reach out and touches his rifle.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Karloth

Warriors? Not for me thanks. But don't mistake my lack of proficiency with weapons as a lack of knowledge of hunting. It's just that my prey is all trapped inside computers, and my weapons are my brains, slicers kit, datapad, and computers. He says still looking away from the bloody meat, and down towards his datapad again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use Computer - (1d20+13)[29] Trying to discern our exact location on the map

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Jesara

As the talk of hunting continues to flood her senses, Jesara becomes more and more nervous. Mon Calamari are obviously prey, not predators, as evidenced from the position of their eyes. Not only was hunting not in her instinct, it was against her teachings.

With a sigh, she tries to resume her focus on meditation.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

It is almost noon by the time you finish cooking all the stake you estimate you have at least three to four days of food be for it starts to spoil. Chadin is up and about, there is still plenty of light left to move on and with the new information that Karloth has found you just have to pick a direction to go in. Jesara while meditating hears for just a moment far off in the distance the unmistakable sound of a speeder bike engine.

Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-24 at 05:07 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

28. - Top - End - #178

"Am I the only one of us who'll have something productive to do after the war?" she smiles, "I don't think they're overly fond of shooting people in the head when it's peaceful."

She tries the steaks, delighted by the new flavors and textures, though she voices the opinion that "It's a little hard to chew."
    Last edited by pinkbunny; 2008-03-24 at 05:16 PM.

[Selia]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Cheelo laughs. "When has the galaxy ever been at peace?"

30. - Top - End - #180

"I prefer not to shoot people. I shoot when I have to, but it's not what I love. I love my machines and my ships and my hyperdrives. I tinker, I may mess with a blaster, but it's really for the love of the blaster, not what it does. I'm with the rebellion out of loyalty, and because when this is over, I can make the galaxy a better place, not by removing bad people from it, but by adding good things to it.
    "The ship's just what I want for myself. A ship is freedom. A ship is the ability to travel where you will, to make your own way. Something of my own, that I can play with the bits of however I want, not to someone's specifications. I've never been able to do that, I've never had much of any of those things."
    She smiles and sighs a little as she pours heart out. She reaches out to warm her hands at the fire, instinctively comforted by the crackling warmth projecting it's glow through her fingers onto her cheeks. "I guess we all need a dream."

[Selia]