New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    You have to have a license to carry one concealed, but pretty much anyone can buy one so long as they pass a background check.

I got a 10-.22 rifle for Christmas this year. This is what I get for having an MP as a husband. There's a shotgun in the bedroom and a revolver downstairs.

My parents, though, were ecstatic to have someone else they could go shooting with. I think they have a small militia in their home.
    Remind me to behave myself should I ever come visiting you, lest I get blown to smithereens.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I think they have a small militia in their home.
    Did you mean to say a small arsenal? Or do they actually have a handful of loosely organized pseudo-military types staying in the guest room?

Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2008-02-28 at 05:22 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eh, in all honesty we're not really the 'guns for defense' type family. We're more of a 'we like shooting bits of paper to prove how well we can shoot bits of paper' kind of family. It's just been kind of a running joke that we have a 'Charelton Heston' christmas, but hey, I've hijacked the thread enough.

Anyone have a splendid day?

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not having a splendid day, as I have too much work in too little hours and too many people depending on me to get it done.
    Need days off. Or weeks. Want to sleep.
    I have a Nathanatar

Check out my poems and photos at deviantArt

5. - Top - End - #305

Ahh, sleep. The most wonderful and addictive of drugs. And totally non-detrimental!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Ahh, sleep. The most wonderful and addictive of drugs. And totally non-detrimental!
    I challenge you to a sleep competition.

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

I would totally win a sleep competition.

8. - Top - End - #308

Gah! My Canadian sensibilities are shocked at this talk of domestic gun use, such a thing has no place in our wintery utopia!

And blah, sleep. Raise your hand if you have sleep apnea.
    Currently DMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eberron: The Secrets of War
    Dance my PC puppets, dance!

Image courtesy of iceddragons

Wonderful Avatar of Mehk, kobold Puppeteer of Legend, by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

On the subject of chihuahuas (and I can spell it because I'm a spelling goddess ), my dad was telling me about how out in the country near where we live, there was this lady who bred chihuahuas. Unfortunately for her, her boyfriend also dealt drugs out of their house, so when he got busted, they both hightailed it for Mexico - leaving several dozen chihuahuas on her chihuahua farm. They went feral.

There's nothing funnier than the thought of feral rat-dogs. They started breeding like mad and killing each other and pretty soon there were about fifty of the things running around down there and they had to call in the army or something to get rid of them.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-02-28 at 09:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

The thing I find most amazing about Chihuahuas... is that they're really bold for such little rat-like dogs. I've seen Chihuahuas go after (and scare!) HUGE dogs. Very dominant little rat-dogs they can be.

In other news, I barely slept. I'm a ZOMBIE.

...Braaaaaaains.

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    I would totally win a sleep competition.
    50 bucks say NOWAY, hun.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been having insomnia lately. I hate it. I really wish I knew the reason for it...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Dwarf in the Playground

Having some vampire blood in your veins?
    Or is it the full moon?
    Or are you an undead-in-the-closet?
    Or....

My mind runs off in various directions. At once, yes.
    I think I would win that sleep competition. By miles.
    I have a Nathanatar

Check out my poems and photos at deviantArt

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd lose any sleep competition.

Stupid nightmares.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

I, too, would loose a sleep competition, unless I can wake up multiple times during said competition.
    Stupid no-more-than-six-hours conditioning.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

16. - Top - End - #316

I sometimes feel I could sleep forever.

I've been sleeping for 12 hours, everyday this last month.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

@Dragonrider: A goddess of spelling?
    * venerates at alter *
    Now all I need is a grammer deity, and I'm good.

I've been going to sleep a 1:30ish the past couple nights, but naps are * insert obscure turn of phrase here *.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, i *cannot* nap. but being a teen male, i sleep a whole lot. i want to enter this compettition!
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

19. - Top - End - #319

I am tired and need to have my own sleep competition.

It has been a bad day.
    The legal wedding (i.e. getting a bit of paper, not the ceremony or celebration) has been delayed yet again due to effing Chinese bureaucracy. And two of the cats managed to sneak into the fiancée's office ... and ate his goldfish. That didn't improve my, or their, popularity one bit. (Actually fiancée was really sweet and didn't blame me one bit, but I still feel very guilty.)

Other random factoids: my pekingese has a mortal enemy - one of the local chihuahuas. Can you imagine how surreal it is to deal with a major dog-fight - yipping, yapping, barking, growling, snarling, scratching-and-biting-in-gremlin-like-frenzy - between one teeny-tiny and one itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny (devil-possessed) dog?

And I'm so tired that I read this:
    I got a 10-.22 rifle for Christmas this year. This is what I get for having an MP as a husband.
    and parsed 'MP' as 'Member of Parliament', which was a bit confusing. (I mean, I know there are more guns in the UK nowadays, but I thought they were still illegal...)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't slept through the night since...like...2004 or something insane like that. I dream every night and I think my dreams wake me up. Last night I had one about a GiantITP meetup, actually - everyone on the forums met in this castle. It was my castle. It was a very bizarre dream though because some random guy showed up and started threatening to kill my little brothers, and there was this tiny old lady who had been alive during the Civil War (1861-1865) and was wearing a dress made out of a confederate flag...anyway, suffice to say, it was weird. And...what was my point? Oh yeah. I usually wake up 3-5 times every night. That's all.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    I sometimes feel I could sleep forever.

I've been sleeping for 12 hours, everyday this last month.
    Sweet zombie Jesus on a pogo stick, I sleep that much in TWO days.

On a dream related topic: I too had a dreams about GitP. I had a dreams I got banned because a certain member accused me of sexual harassment. On gender bender week. Weird? You betcha! Funny? Not so much when I dreamed about it. But later that day I laughted quite some about it
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

I wake up a lot.
    A combination of dreams, rolling about too much and demons trying to get me.

That reminds me, I had a really weird dream last night.
    I and a group of friends and school people were being put through training in this really twisted factory to be come superheros. There was stuff like rusting blood stained walls, impossibly jagged doors. Think Silent Hill.
    The really weird bit came when it was my turn to be sent to actually become super, and I walked into this room and there were two people sitting in chairs already, big black leather ones. One guy was pulling barbed wire out of his stomach while crying blood, and the other was trying to get at a needle in his arm. Then there was the Overseer guy who had been with us during trainer. Tall, grey hair and grey suit. Pretty young looking too.
    Now the really weird bit was The Psychopath. This was what they called the guy who gave powers. Apparantly he did it through specific torture techniques or something equally horrible. His skin was this off colour and he was wearing just some black leather trousers, a belt of spikes and then this weird neck brace thing that had a line that ran up between his eyes and down the back of his head. This too was covered in spikes. His teeth were filed to points and he breathed really heavily.
    There was this frankly terrifying pause in the dream, where we flicked to a scene in a school. Apparantly, The Psychopath delighted in butchering children, and his greatest fear was that the children would someday fight back. So then he starts killing all this kids with this two blade gauntlet things, but spaced throughout this part were sections where the children were attacking him with swords. So while he was brutally murdering these children, he was also being ripped to shreds by the kids.
    Then it flicks back to me sitting in the chair, I take one look at the room and then turn to the Overseer.
    "Is it going to hurt?"
    "Naturally."
    And I ran the hell out. The Psychopath started chasing me then, while I ran throughout the facility trying to escape. I can't remember exactly what they were, but I saw a couple fellow students who had already got their powers and they were all quite disturbing.
    After a while, I woke up and I knew, I just knew that The Psychopath was behind me and he was smelling me.

Yeah, I don't sleep well.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-02-28 at 01:07 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

You see, I even envy Jibar for the nightmares. Its actually really, really sad that I don't dream.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

24. - Top - End - #324
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

My sister is hijacking this post from now.

@dish:
    Hellpuppi's an American and there the MP stands for Military Police.
    Guns are still illegal in the UK. Probably always will be.

Dreams: don't have any.

And now she's gone. Yeah; pet/ouse sitting at a neighbours means we (her and me) can use the internet for homework. And stuff.

Oh yeah; Curly says hi. She's missing the forom and is miffed because she has to be up at 3:30am on a Saturday to be a college by 5am to catch a bus to a ferry to Brittany.

25. - Top - End - #325

Sleep Competition?

Im in.

Normally I wake up during my sleep because of odd dreams. But I can fal back asleep. But if I can drink a large amount of alcahol, I can be dead to the world for 10-14 hours. More if Ive I havent been getting a lot of sleep prior of course

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I haven't slept through the night since...like...2004 or something insane like that. I dream every night and I think my dreams wake me up. Last night I had one about a GiantITP meetup, actually - everyone on the forums met in this castle. It was my castle. It was a very bizarre dream though because some random guy showed up and started threatening to kill my little brothers, and there was this tiny old lady who had been alive during the Civil War (1861-1865) and was wearing a dress made out of a confederate flag...anyway, suffice to say, it was weird. And...what was my point? Oh yeah. I usually wake up 3-5 times every night. That's all.
    Er...
    I didn't try and kill your little brothers I swear!

Oh, I should probably explain that.
    It would appear I had an almost identical dream to yours last night (or was it the night before?). I don't think it was in a castle though, everyone's faces were blurred, and there were two small children who ran about annoying everyone. I was aggrivated because they tried to steal my magic deck in the middle of a game (I believe I was playing SM in a duel to the death!) but, as I said, I swear I didn't try and kill them, though, someone was chasing them around.

Although, as creepy as this is, it would be even more-so if you have two younger brothers as that was the amount of small children there.

Get out of my mind!!!
    "I am the Undying Terror!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Blace avi by Rowsen!
    Avis and dolls are the fine work of Recaiden!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thallis Vahadt View Post
    Er...
    I didn't try and kill your little brothers I swear!

Oh, I should probably explain that.
    It would appear I had an almost identical dream to yours last night (or was it the night before?). I don't think it was in a castle though, everyone's faces were blurred, and there were two small children who ran about annoying everyone. I was aggrivated because they tried to steal my magic deck in the middle of a game (I believe I was playing SM in a duel to the death!) but, as I said, I swear I didn't try and kill them, though, someone was chasing them around.

Although, as creepy as this is, it would be even more-so if you have two younger brothers as that was the amount of small children there.

Get out of my mind!!!

Well, I HAVE three, but it was the younger two who were threatened.

That is...um...a little creepy.

28. - Top - End - #328

I would lose a sleep competition badly. Curse you insomnia!
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

29. - Top - End - #329

I always remember my dreams. I remember 3-4 of them everynight.

I don't usually wake up, unless I want to.
    I can wake up at will, since I realise I'm in a dream.

Also, if someone talks to me in my sleep, I usually reply. Random stuff.

The funny thing is that if someone walks in my room, for example, I am aware of it.
    I'm aware of my surroundings, as I'm sleeping.

Unless I'm drunk, as North said. Noone can wake me up then.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

Sleep competition?

How I would do largely depends on whether I could take the following two days off of work for it.
    I get an average of 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night, every night, for the past 7 or 8 years. The last time I had a day off was about two weeks ago. I'm there for about 6 hours on my short day. The other five are between 11 and 18 hours at a time. No time to do laundry.... well, I actually have to choose between that and sleep.... clean clothes for meetings the next day usually wins. My apartment is always a wreck because I never have time to clean it.

So assuming that I had two days off in a row for this hypothetical sleep competition, I'd crush you all without batting an eye.
    (That one was for Death )

Dreams?
    I rarely remember my dreams.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2008-02-28 at 01:45 PM.