New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    ...he's not a colonist! How could he know such things!

...there's a spy in our midst! >.>
    "What's they they're dumping in the harbour?"
    "Tea, sir."
    "Aren't they supposed to put the milk in first?"

And our cuisine is world-renowned.
    Last edited by unstattedCommoner; 2008-02-26 at 08:48 AM.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

^I know. They're just jokes.

Heaven is:
    French cook
    British police
    German mechanic
    Italian lover
    and the Swiss run everything

Hell is:
    British cook
    German police
    French mechanic
    Swiss lover
    and the Italians run everything

The version I know is with Greek instead of Italian.

All artwork stolen from Bathy

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    Heaven is:
    French cook
    British police
    German mechanic
    Italian lover
    and the Swiss run everything
    I knew the same joke, but with French and Italian swapped.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    Indeed, but very few people would be taken with 'real' chinese food, so we (americans) dumb it down to be more 'palatable'.
    Wellllll...all the Americans I know who've lived in China GENERALLY like the food. What most people don't realize is that the cuisine there is just as variable by area as in any place. So in the north, the whole "eating cats and dogs" thing doesn't happen so much. They do eat "drunk shrimp" and "stinky tofu" but other than that it's pretty good. Oh, and no soy sauce where I was, either - I went 5 months without seeing a single bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    So, what do you call American food?

(By American I don't mean the whole continent, just USA)
    Umm...that's the problem...there's not really any genuinely American food. Besides hamburgers and pizza...? Fried chicken? ...yeah. Pretty much. The classic American (home-cooked) meal is like...meat, potatoes, and vegetables. Think Thanksgiving dinner....

(and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to refer to us but 'American'...which I kind of hate...we could be 'USA'ers but I prefer to think of us as 'Troglanders')

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I've been to a blood donor action today. And now a feel a wee bit woozy

And I love it! Andybody else here a blood donor? Today was the dozenth time I gave blood
    I am. Have been doing it for years now. I'm pretty sure I've passed the couple gallon club. (I think.. they stopped giving out t-shirts at the blood drives at school)

American food is probably BBQ, anything fried, giant steaks.
    Last edited by RandomLogic; 2008-02-26 at 09:48 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

American food? Thats easy! Yours!
    I kid.

We pretty much just cook whatever steak and grow corn and stuff, I don't really think we have any unique foods.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    American food? Thats easy! Yours!
    I kid.

We pretty much just cook whatever steak and grow corn and stuff, I don't really think we have any unique foods.
    Wikipedia seems to both agree, and disagree with you. That is, if you trust wikipedia.
    Last edited by Logic; 2008-02-26 at 10:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLogic View Post
    I am. Have been doing it for years now. I'm pretty sure I've passed the couple gallon club. (I think.. they stopped giving out t-shirts at the blood drives at school)

American food is probably BBQ, anything fried, giant steaks.
    Yeah....steaks and fried food....
    I like fruits and veggies better, I confess.

As for blood-giving...I'm pretty sure I'm one of those who wouldn't be too good for it. I've lived out of the country too much for them to take my blood anyway, so it's a moot point, but even if I were allowed to I have such a low blood pressure that I'd probably black out. I'm not scared of needles, but my body doesn't seem to listen to my brain.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Okay, rant.

So we just bought a new (to us) house and we're trying to transfer our services over to the new place. No problem for most of it, like the utilities. Same day change over, no sweat. The cable/internet/phone service that I have with the local provider (Comcast) not so much. Unlike most folks, I've had a very good experience with Comcast and I signed up for one of those bundles where you get a better rate if you promise to keep it for two years. No sweat there. Until the move. Now, true to my promise (and desires actually) I tried to move the services I have with them over to the new home. But they don't service the new area. At all. Sigh, but okay, I'll shop for other providers of the same services and see what I can get.

I have two options that don't involve shoving a dish in my roof, which I don't want and won't give me phone/internet service anyway. One is Millenium, which only has speeds that Craptastic International Junk DSL Incorporated has surpassed years ago. The other is Verizon. Okay, this is fine. I'll look into their FiOS service, that has promise and is comparably priced with cable modem service.

So I go to the website and start plugging in numbers to see if FiOS is available in the new area. The site says "We're sorry, you have to call our 800 number to process this order." Grrr. I call. After getting through their stupid menu options, that don't actually have an option for "start new service", by banging on "0" enough that they finally just put a rep on the phone with me, who asked what account I was callling about. I tell him clearly that I don't currently have ANY Verizon services and that I'd like to order all new services, many of them, from him, right now. "Oh, great! I'd love to help you out. What's the phone number at your location?" "Dude, I just told you I don't have one. That's why I'm calling you, from my cell phone." <this is repeated with two new phone numbers and several representatives before I finally get a very pleasant and knowledgeable woman who knows which buttons to press on her phone to help me out> So I'm chatting with her, she assures me that FiOS is available at the new house and I won't have to go with Millenium. Hooray! "Now, lets just decide which package or packages you want and I'll get the order put in for you." Great! We talk, I settle on just what I want; everything, extra cheese. Now, I just need to set up an installation date. How soon do I want it? Yesterday, please! She offers to give me the absolute earliest appointment they have available because I work midnights and I can be available any day at any time they need me to be. Great! "How's March 26th?" Excuse me? A month from today is the earliest you can give me internet and television? "I'm sorry, yes." <she explains to me why they are so backed up, it's a reasonable explanation, but doesn't help me get service at my new house any sooner. She even called the service technicians directly and asked about any earlier cancellations. No dice.

So there we have it. I have no internet at the new house for another month. Because I can't live that long without an internet connection, this means that I will be leaving my service in place at the old apartment and coming by periodically to check things like email and these very forums. For a month.

Okay, rant over. Thank you for reading.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Okay, rant.

So we just bought a new (to us) house and we're trying to transfer our services over to the new place. No problem for most of it, like the utilities. Same day change over, no sweat. The cable/internet/phone service that I have with the local provider (Comcast) not so much. Unlike most folks, I've had a very good experience with Comcast and I signed up for one of those bundles where you get a better rate if you promise to keep it for two years. No sweat there. Until the move. Now, true to my promise (and desires actually) I tried to move the services I have with them over to the new home. But they don't service the new area. At all. Sigh, but okay, I'll shop for other providers of the same services and see what I can get.

I have two options that don't involve shoving a dish in my roof, which I don't want and won't give me phone/internet service anyway. One is Millenium, which only has speeds that Craptastic International Junk DSL Incorporated has surpassed years ago. The other is Verizon. Okay, this is fine. I'll look into their FiOS service, that has promise and is comparably priced with cable modem service.

So I go to the website and start plugging in numbers to see if FiOS is available in the new area. The site says "We're sorry, you have to call our 800 number to process this order." Grrr. I call. After getting through their stupid menu options, that don't actually have an option for "start new service", by banging on "0" enough that they finally just put a rep on the phone with me, who asked what account I was callling about. I tell him clearly that I don't currently have ANY Verizon services and that I'd like to order all new services, many of them, from him, right now. "Oh, great! I'd love to help you out. What's the phone number at your location?" "Dude, I just told you I don't have one. That's why I'm calling you, from my cell phone." <this is repeated with two new phone numbers and several representatives before I finally get a very pleasant and knowledgeable woman who knows which buttons to press on her phone to help me out> So I'm chatting with her, she assures me that FiOS is available at the new house and I won't have to go with Millenium. Hooray! "Now, lets just decide which package or packages you want and I'll get the order put in for you." Great! We talk, I settle on just what I want; everything, extra cheese. Now, I just need to set up an installation date. How soon do I want it? Yesterday, please! She offers to give me the absolute earliest appointment they have available because I work midnights and I can be available any day at any time they need me to be. Great! "How's March 26th?" Excuse me? A month from today is the earliest you can give me internet and television? "I'm sorry, yes." <she explains to me why they are so backed up, it's a reasonable explanation, but doesn't help me get service at my new house any sooner. She even called the service technicians directly and asked about any earlier cancellations. No dice.

So there we have it. I have no internet at the new house for another month. Because I can't live that long without an internet connection, this means that I will be leaving my service in place at the old apartment and coming by periodically to check things like email and these very forums. For a month.

*hugs*...wow, that sucks, man.

*hires people to clear up some appointment slots*... >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Okay, rant.
    *...snip...*
    Oh, poor Zeb. I feel for you, I really do. And I thought I had it bad when I only had internet on the weekends...
    Last edited by Logic; 2008-02-26 at 10:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

12. - Top - End - #132

This sucks, Zeb.
    But this also means that you have more time for other stuff.
    You cans see lots of movies, for example.

I can't really give any advice, but you can see the good side of it.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Poor Zeb.
    And, once you have Verizon, you'll have to deal with all the little quirks that come with it.
    The internet going down when some one uses the phone, a wireless service that could make Gandi swear like a sailor, and on call help that takes automation way to far.

Huhhhhhhh.
    I dispise verizon.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Poor Zeb.
    And, once you have Verizon, you'll have to deal with all the little quirks that come with it.
    The internet going down when some one uses the phone, a wireless service that could make Gandi swear like a sailor, and on call help that takes automation way to far.

Huhhhhhhh.
    I dispise verizon.
    Look at it this way. It's better than what I have at home. >.<

15. - Top - End - #135

Zeb,

We're going to need a few names of technicians, a lincoln town car, some rope, some silver paint, and someone to act as a decoy.

I tell you, stringing someone up in the bayou, naked, painted silver, will pretty much convince them they have "time" to install internet and tv service.

What do you mean that's probably not legal? Just look over there! *points to someone acting like a decoy. Runs away.*
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Emos have no bottom worth oggling.
    I think I will sig that.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Thats sucks Zeb. Is there someone in your area who offers portable internet? Rogers up here offers a portable internet thing. Its sucky, but you can buy it then refund it within 30 days. Better then having to keep trekking back to the old apartment at least. You can buy it in the store and then set it up at home yourself.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    *points to someone acting like a decoy.*
    It's Hammer Time ya'll.

Good enough?

I have so much homework >,<

I also really really want food, but I know I shouldn't eat.

Edit: and after reading what I was asleep for, I'm considering taking a picture of my butt for the You thread so ya'll can oogle whenever you want.
    That's right. I'm bringing sexy back.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2008-02-26 at 12:06 PM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! Jibar is linking more music I've been listening to recently. Waaait.

Jibar! Get outta my head! Stop stealing the music from me!

Also, I should be giving blood in a week or so, as long as I don't go down with a cold.

And cargo trousers are the best.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*sighs at Zeb's rant*...

So...my plans for spending all of spring break looking for and applying for jobs, while setting up our house isn't going to work all that well is it?

*makes plans to spend a portion of each day I'm there at some coffee shop that's bound to have internet closer to us than all the way over at your old apartment*

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Also, I should be giving blood in a week or so, as long as I don't go down with a cold.

And cargo trousers are the best.
    Last time I gave blood, I nearly passed out, and I hate feeling helpless like that *shudder*.

Additionally, I prefer jeans.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

I don't like giving blood because I keep hearing how bad the people are at taking it. Even with larger, more visible vains like the ones I have, it's apparantly taken several tries for the technician to get it in the right area. I get that story from my girlfriend, who mentioned it happening to her dad. I know it's not the norm, but my luck I'd have that person.

Also, I really like cargos or carpenter jeans. If it doesn't have more than 4 pockets, I probably won't wear it too often.

Jeans are more durable though, I've definetly put my fair share of holes through both to know.

23. - Top - End - #143

I used to donate plasma (where they spin the white cells out and pump the red cells back in, so you can do it more often) twice a week, every week. But no longer. Paid about 70 dollars a week, which, in the end, is a rent payment. *Woot* for broke college students.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

on a compleatly unrelated note: Wow, that was quick, and 5 pages already!

and i wanted to have my name on the thread...

haha. anyway, what...?
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie pixe View Post
    on a compleatly unrelated note: Wow, that was quick, and 5 pages already!

and i wanted to have my name on the thread...

haha. anyway, what...?
    ...you know not "quick". There have been RB's that lasted for a matter of day. >.>

Also, the name always makes me think of pancakes. Or maybe French toast.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

Zeb:
    I use Verizon.
    But I don't have anything "installed" per se.
    I have a USB modem that's basically plug and play. I stick it in my laptop, and anywhere that my phone gets service, I'm on the net. On the train, in a car, anywhere.

Check it out.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's a little silly joke for you all:

Two markets are flying, and then one says to the other:
    "Hey, why are we flying? We're markets!"
    And the other one answers: "That's because we're SUPER markets"

OK that was silly.

@Zeb: That sucks man. I can find a decoy for Goof's plan, though.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by morbidwombat View Post
    I used to donate plasma (where they spin the white cells out and pump the red cells back in, so you can do it more often) twice a week, every week. But no longer. Paid about 70 dollars a week, which, in the end, is a rent payment. *Woot* for broke college students.
    You got paid? In the UK with a free health service we give it for free. And a free cup of tea.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

RB's the restraunt?

Im confused!
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    You got paid? In the UK with a free health service we give it for free. And a free cup of tea.
    Yes, parasitic, isn't it? The plasma centers are third party companies. They pay donors some piddly double-digit amount (depending on weight class,) and sell the plasma to hospitals to make clotting factors for upwards of a thousand dollars. After they pay us, and pay for supplies, then pay their own employees, I think they still make a pretty hefty profit in the end.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!