New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Timaoh View Post
    RB's the restraunt?

Im confused!
    ...someone mentioned a restaurant? Now I'm confused!

*hugs someone randomly*

...also, I would kill for wings like yours. *jealous*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

I did some drug testing in college (pharmaceutical where i actually got paid not experimental.) Anyways they would require you to stay overnight for like 4 days and draw blood and all sorts of stuff depending on the study but for one week i made close to $2000 and it's a bursary so no taxes! There are alot of requirements and an extensive screening process but it was fun and i'd do it again in a minute.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

For $2000 they can have all my blood!

Seriously, I wouldn't hesitate a minute as well.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    For $2000 they can have all my blood!

Seriously, I wouldn't hesitate a minute as well.
    $2000 seems cheap for a likely painful suicide...

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, ok, they can have it in multiple doses Does that sound better?

But really, two thousand dollars are a lot! I wouldn't commit suicide for it, but I would participate in a test that would get me such amount and seemed pretty safe.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok, ok, they can have it in multiple doses Does that sound better?

But really, two thousand dollars are a lot! I wouldn't commit suicide for it, but I would participate in a test that would get me such amount and seemed pretty safe.
    I happen to have $2000 right here...and all you'd need to do is sign this paper...and let us do an itty bitty test on you. >.>

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

As long as you won't make me sign with my blood on the dotted line here bellow I'm fine with it

8. - Top - End - #158
    Banned

Have you seen my baseball?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got back from the dentist. They say I have beautiful teeth.

But man...why does all their stuff taste so bad? I always have a headache for the rest of of the day after a dentist trip. I'm very taste-sensitive I guess.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

But man...why does all their stuff taste so bad? I always have a headache for the rest of of the day after a dentist trip. I'm very taste-sensitive I guess.
    *hugs*...yay, pretty teeth! Smile, hun!

I don't know, but yeah. That stuff is icky!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Halfling in the Playground

Lucky. I had root canal surgery this monday. Anesthesia failed to work on the tissue for the better part of an hour due to its huge inflammation. Which, incidentally, did not prevent the endodontist from working on it.
    Medieval torturers where a bunch of amateurs compared to that particular professional.
    Often I must speak other than I think. That is called diplomacy.
    - Stilgar, Dune Messiah

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianoIank View Post
    Lucky. I had root canal surgery this monday. Anesthesia failed to work on the tissue for the better part of an hour due to its huge inflammation. Which, incidentally, did not prevent the endodontist from working on it.
    Medieval torturers where a bunch of amateurs compared to that particular professional.
    At least they tried to cure your teeth, they're gonna remove a few of mine as they think it won't do much use if they try to fix it.

Luckily enough, they're gonna do it under complete anesthesia, also known as narcosis.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    You got paid? In the UK with a free health service we give it for free. And a free cup of tea.
    ...and biscuits!
    “I promise, we will find all your moms. And I'm gonna tell!.”- Wonder Woman

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    ...and biscuits!
    Yes! The Cookies are the only reason to give blood!

Well, the Orange juice helps, but it is normally half-frozen which totally ruins the mood.

And I love you sig Scorpina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpina View Post
    ...and biscuits!
    With or without jam? The jam is very important.

Also I went to see the Foo Fighters live last Friday. They are officially awesome live. Unfortunately Against me (who opened for them) were good but had a really bad sound system, so you couldn't hear them well.
    Alexi Laiho Avatar by Mr._Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Sephiroth and Arthuai
    [CENTER]Sepiroth avatars by Ink
    Arthuai by Mr_Saturn
    Alexi Laiho by Mr_Saturn

I have a metal blog thing now, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by D'anna Biers View Post
    MOTHER NATURE IS LIKE A REAL MOTHER. IN THAT SHE SECRETELY HATES YOU AND NEVER LETS YOU GO OUT WITH YOUR HOODLUM FRIENDS.
    You can't kill the metal, metal will live on! \m/

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    ...I think she means cookies.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Also I went to see the Foo Fighters live last Friday. They are officially awesome live. Unfortunately Against me (who opened for them) were good but had a really bad sound system, so you couldn't hear them well.
    That sounds cool enough, even without a good sound system. Not many good bands come here.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

19. - Top - End - #169
    Colossus in the Playground

It's true Did Dave Grohl skull beer? Cuz he did in Sydney

Re: American food, I'd say... doughnuts, "freedom fries", that sandwich that Elvis liked, and deep fried Mars Bars.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    It's true Did Dave Grohl skull beer? Cuz he did in Sydney

Re: American food, I'd say... doughnuts, "freedom fries", that sandwich that Elvis liked, and deep fried Mars Bars.
    ...we don't have Mars Bars in the U.S.

Unless we have a different name for it?

21. - Top - End - #171

Really? Huh. I was sure it was Mars Bars...
    Picnics, maybe? Or Snickers?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

...we don't have Mars Bars in the U.S.

Unless we have a different name for it?
    Yes we do...I think? I know we had them when I was a kid...

...I think it's similar to a 3 Musketeers?

EDIT: I was wrong, it's like a Milky Way. And they say they're not marketed in the US, but I know I've gotten one here before!
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2008-02-26 at 09:05 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

My local deli/pantry/beer store has a great sandwich selection, what they call the elvis is a Peanut Butter and Bananas* sandwich that they grill then serve all warm and gooey. It is fantastic.

*for whatever reason, and I am ashamed to admit it, typing bananas immediately makes me think of the Gwen Stefani song and I hear here spelling b-a-n-a-n-a-s....
    Last edited by RandomLogic; 2008-02-26 at 09:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Yes we do...I think? I know we had them when I was a kid...

...I think it's similar to a 3 Musketeers?
    Oh, ok.

I don't think we have picnics, either...

25. - Top - End - #175

Milky Ways are different again
    Also, I've seen a Three Muskateers! They have them at the local lolly store! Along with Hersheys. I've only had the latter. Ew

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

We used to have Mars bars....I got them when I was a kid. I don't remember what they tasted like though...I wonder why they don't market them anymore?

Remember Whatchamacallits? They were pretty good.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    We used to have Mars bars....I got them when I was a kid. I don't remember what they tasted like though...I wonder why they don't market them anymore?

Remember Whatchamacallits? They were pretty good.
    Still around! I can get em here. They are excellent as well. But I pretty much like anything with peanut butter...

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

As long as you won't make me sign with my blood on the dotted line here bellow I'm fine with it
    I'd totally sign a document in my own blood for $2000. Unless the document involved things I wouldn't do for $2000.

Mars Bars are just quite old candy, not around much.

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLogic View Post
    Still around! I can get em here. They are excellent as well. But I pretty much like anything with peanut butter...
    Mars Bars... with peanut butter?! o.O Right, that does it, I'm looking these things up. The ones I know have chocolate moussey nougat whip stuff with caramel on top covered in chocolate.
    Ah, US Milky Way is like our Mars Bar, and their 3 Muskateers is like our Milky Way.

edit: Huh. Looks like deep fried Mars Bars are actually a distinctly not American thing... I'm sure I've heard of something similar, though.
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2008-02-26 at 09:30 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm, the Mars Bars that I had were basically Snickers with almonds, and when they disappeared from the vending machine, they were replaced with Snickers Almonds, which were identical. So maybe they just changed the name?

Edit: Ah, same name, different candy bar. Nevermind.
    Last edited by SweetLikeLemons; 2008-02-26 at 09:35 PM.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!