New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Intrepid Explorations IC

All of you have, by one way or another, arrived at the central office of the Milinitian Southern Trading Company. A women at the front desk guides you through the aplication forms as you arrive, and quietly directs you to the waiting room beyond, promising that Mr. Raymerez will be with you in a moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    First to post is the first one in. Breifly describe your apperence and then... roleplay!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Intrepid Explorations IC

Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty cautiously enters the waiting room, wearing a simple traveler's outfit and leather armor, with a pair of simple goggles strapped across his forehead. His crossbow is slung over his backpack, which he throws down on the floor beside his seat.
    He has two daggers concealed in his boots and a short sword held firm in its scabbard, attached to his belt.

He is dark-haired with a short beard (by dwarvish standards) that still reaches down slightly past the base of his neck. It is still very well-groomed with precious metal beads worked into it. His hair is long, draping down his back but pulled into a tight ponytail. However he is, overall, plain-looking by human standards but may be considered something of a decent looking dwarf and has the typical dwarvish gnarliness about him. His hands are big and calloused with thick fingers. His brown eyes have a slight twinkle about him that seem to betray his overly gruff dwarf exterior.

He leans back, sighing to himself and steadying his nerves. He is very uncomfortable with the thought of traveling on a boat, but is trying to keep his mind focused on the potential gold and the possibility of returning home.
    He idly pulls out a crossbow bolt and fingers it.

"I hope I'm not making a big mistake..." Shifty grumbles under his breath.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-02-28 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added some more Character Description

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

When the woman at the front desk mentions that one gentleman is already waiting, Edlyn pauses a moment to double-check her appearance before entering the room. Her outfit, which the merchant had guaranteed as "everything an explorer needs," includes a shirt and a pair of breeches which are snug enough to emphasize her feminine curves, but not so tight as to restrict her movement. Her armor - thin pieces of tough leather strung together with rawhide ties - does nothing to hide this fact. A quick flick of her hand ensures that her honey blonde hair falls like a golden stream down her back, without getting caught in the hood of her cloak. Satisfied, Edlyn picks up her backpack and crossbow and enters the room. Her stride is calculated to let her cloak swirl around her, attracting attention to her even as it partially conceals the dagger on her right hip. Of course, the second dagger, slipped inside her left boot, is completely hidden.

Edlyn is disappointed to find only a dwarf waiting for her, but like an irritated cat, she merely stalks to the other side of the room, as if this was her intention all along. Dumping her equipment by her feet, she casually leans against a wall, arranging herself so that she can easily be seen by the entire room, and especially by anyone coming through the door. Coincidentally, this allows her to survey the entire room as well, the gaze from her dark blue eyes probing every corner with an intensity that contrasts sharply with the air of vain self-satisfaction surrounding her.
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-02-28 at 11:26 PM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Endel strolls in, with a casual smile on his face. His dark eyes glint, he strokes his black goatee, he wears a simple cloak and pack. He observes his surroundings, and then casually un-sheathes a dagger and begins to play with it. As he flips the dagger around he chuckles, and then causes it to light up like a torch. "Who said all adventures started in the tavern??" Grinning ear to ear. "Atleast theres some eye candy." Glancing at Edlyn.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Gil walked in slowly looking from face to face, seeing only intreast mixed with disgust for his stench he let out a breath. Walking over to a corner he leaned back and relaxed.

His staff leans up against the wall beside him while his guant face relaxes, a pointed ear slips out of his long ragged brown hair but is quikly covered agian. He appears to be wearing a robe made from the rags of previous outfits poorly sown together.

Click, feeling the change in his master's emotions, climbed onto his arm and looked at Gil

Looks like we'll finally escape from our old life. He whispered to his faithful companion
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-02-28 at 05:54 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Grins and nods salutations to the Gnome. "Its comforting to know that I am not the only Earth-dweller mad enough to join this expedition."

He looks at Edlyn and Gil. "I suppose I should be the one to break the awkward silence. I'm Shifty." He pauses a moment. "Just Shifty..."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

Kronork Hawkwind

It takes Kronork quite some time to fill out the paperwork needed to be allowed to join the others in the room ahead of him because he is having the most difficult time explaining to the woman that he cannot understand what he is supposed to be doing with these sheets with strange drawings on them. When he is finally able to convey his illiteracy to her, she begins to read them. Again it takes him several long, impatient moments to convey to her that he cannot understand what the words she is speaking are supposed to mean, they being very formal and most of them totally foreign to him.

Finally, after almost half an hour of arguing with this woman who will only look at Kronork's hideously scarred face in brief glances, she tells him 'Just sign here. . . sir,' with a sigh and her gaze fixedly elsewhere but his face. Grumbling he snatches the quill pen from her hand and she says, 'An X will be fine,' again with a sigh and no attempt to hide her contempt for the very large man across from her.

He makes the symbol she describes to him everywhere she indicates and stomps in to the room she points out to him. Kronork stands very tall, nearly six and a half feet, with wide, powerful shoulders and thickish legs. He doesn't seem overly strong, but capable he is clearly. He strides into the room with the four other applicants with a deep scowl etched across his face, making the long scar dug into the right side of his face twist grotesquely. His eyes are bloodshot, either with anger or lack of sleep, and the contrast in his milky-white right eye is horrible to behold.

He glares at each of the adventurers in turn, silently blaming their understanding of these "arcane" symbols on the be-damned paper for his past half hour and stomps to a corner chair where he can at least put his back to most of them. He pulls the overly large flail from his back and rests it against the bench he has chosen. He places his hands on the butts of the hammers he has at his waist and decides that they are perfectly fine where they are. The studs in his leather armor plink slightly when he sits on the bench, and he removes his bracers and gloves, revealing even more hideous scars dug into the skin hidden beneath his protective gear.

He runs a hand through his short but greasy and untidy hair, gingerly fingering the scar that creates a false part in it almost to the crown of his skull. He sighs and after a few moments slams his fist down on the bench beside him quite loudly. This seems to placate the anger building up in him and some of the redness in his eyes clears and he is able to visibly relax, slinging his right leg over his left and slouching slightly in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest. "No money, no home, no friends . . . but these companions seem well enough, aye, well enough to me." he mutters under his breath.
    Last edited by Skinshifter; 2008-02-28 at 08:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

After several minutes of staring at the newcomer Gil's curisoty finally got the better of him.

What happened? He asks Oh, by the way my name is Gil
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #9

RogueGirl

Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork stares at the dirty, robed figure and snorts. "Kronork. Kronork Hawkwind," he says with a nod. "And what happened isn't here nor there,' he says, nodding vaguely off into the distance.

After a pause he says, "Just say the Spirits love us in strange ways, Puny.
    Public education: mind control for the masses.
    Organized religion: brainwash for the soul.
    National government: forced morality for the people.

A truly great mind is one that thinks for itself.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

The door opens and you see a cloked indivual, dressed in adventure garb. As he removes teh hood of his cloak you see and indivual of average height, but an indivual who appears to be use to the adventures lifestyle. He look around the room as if taking stock of everyone in it. He accepts the application form from the woman as a formality, however he finds filling out paper work to be a waste of his valuable time. He proceeds to the waiting room and acknowledges each person in the room, before taking a seat.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

11. - Top - End - #11

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn remains silent as the other travelers enter the room. Aside from wrinkling her nose when Gil passes her, her only actions have been giving each newcomer a piercing glance before returning to her seemingly bored survey of the room. However, the conversation between the smelly half-elf and the scarred human catches her interest.

"Spirits, Master Hawkwind?" she inquires with a flirtatious glance. "Judging by your appearance they must be ferocious indeed." She pauses, appearing to consider the question, then continues, a secretive smile tugging at the corner of her mouth while her eyes stay fixed unflinchingly on Kronork's face. "Then again, you still live, so perhaps the spirits of which you speak are not so ferocious as they would seem to the uninitiated. Perhaps they are merely... playful."
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing more people enter the room, he decides to put his crossbow bolt away. He sighs again, reaching into his pack to pull out a small metal flask. He removes the cap and takes a swig. A strong alcoholic smell emits from the flask's tiny opening. He replaces the cap and rests the flask on his thigh. He smiles a little.
    "What are we waiting for anyhow?"
    Shifty asks out loud, mostly rhetorically but still hoping for an answer.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Nice roleplaying, but this NPC was actually very helpful.
    After a few seconds she realized that you were illiterate and then immediatly changed gears and began to fill everything out for you.

You get the feeling that she gets all sorts here, and is no longer surprised by new applicants.

Oh and as the last adventurer walks in the woman follows him in and steps through the door on the far end. She slips through and shuts the door and you get only a glimps of the room beyond.
    Last edited by The_JJ; 2008-02-28 at 10:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Gil stops thinking for a while before responding
    I think I understand what you mean, and as for being puny, compared to you this is true but I don't fight alone. Together we rarely encounter too much trouble.

At the end of the sentance Click chatters at Kronork.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The door opens again and you hear the last strains of a converation ... there's more like it. We still don't know what they are.
    The woman says Ahem, Mr. Raymerez will see you now.
    As she leaves the doorway you can see into the room beyond. Facing you, sitting at the large paperwork covered desk is a man in a bussiness suit, the affect of a consumate bussiness man is slightly marred by four oddly shaped earrings and the strip of jerky he is masticating.
    Facing away from you, leaning agaist the desk is an extremly tall, well mucled man. His skin is a deep tan, and his whole head is shaved. This is probably to show of a tattoo that starts as an intricate green knot pattern about 2 inches square, with two strands of it wrapping around his head and out of view.

The dwarf, the barbarian, and anyone who make a knowledge: history check recognize this as the brand of a barbarian tribe had to be destroyed by a massive coalition several decades ago. The war left many scars on many people.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty gets to his feet and steps boldly forward. "So you're the boss huh? When do we get on that tub and get moving? And when do we get paid?"
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-02-28 at 11:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn stoops to grab her equipment, then enters the office. She uses the same calculated stride with which she entered the waiting room, her gaze raking over the man behind the desk - her employer, presumably. The other man she pegs as a body guard, insurance against assassins sent by business rivals or personal enemies.

"Indeed Master Raymerez," she begins, careful to keep only the barest hint of flirtation in her tone, "as our companion has so impatiently stated, we are all eager to learn more details of this venture."
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Gil quickly follows the other two in. Saying nothing he leans on his staff while he waits for a response. Looking at the tattoed man he wonders what part he is to play in the up coming journay.

I bet he's going to be a guide for us. He wispered to Click who had climbed up beside Gil's head.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

RogueGirl

Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork snorts at Edlyn, keeping his eyes averted.

Following behind the others, he lifts his Heavy Flail and slings it across his shoulders, tucking the gloves and bracers into his belt. He steps inside the office and rests against the door frame, obvious impatience etched across his scarred countenance.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Endel nods and walks stiffly into the office, a condescending air about him. "Well lets get this show on the road."
    Last edited by Amras Seer; 2008-02-29 at 03:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

As Trahan follows the others into the room, he introduces himself to everyone in the room, For those who are courious I'm Trahan, looks as though we will be companions for the next little while. Looking at Raymerez, he says So Raymerez what do you have planned for us.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I am Mr. Raymerez. The tub will be leaving later this afternoon. You're payment options are complex. You will first be paid in transport to the colonies, for signing on to the expedition. Not only that, you will recieve a share of all profits made from our newest colony, so as to encourage work ethic and colonist/company symbiosis. All living needs like food and water will be supplied by the company. At anytime you may cancle you're contract and cash in you're stock, just don't expect any free rides home. The man snaps. He is clearly unused to being treated so rudely by people in your position.

23. - Top - End - #23

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"I do apologize for my fellow employees rudeness, Mr. Raymerez," says Edlyn quickly, giving a little bob which, had she been wearing a dress, would have been a curtsy. "I'm sure that, like me, they are simply excited to join this adventure and forgot themselves." Those companions who stand closest to her receive a brief but scathing glare as she says the last three words, but Edlyn's face is innocent and smiling when she looks back at the man behind the desk.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty eyes Raymerez. He is not terribly happy at being talked to in that fashion. It brings back too many memories of his mistreatment by fellow miners back home. He opens his mouth as if to retort, but is cut off my Edlyn's statement. Instead he turns red and twists his mouth into a frown.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-02-29 at 03:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Edlyn 's glare is met with indiffrence in Gil's face as is Raymerez's indignation.

I have no problems with the terms mentioned, but I would like some more information on where we are headed like the envioment and how devloped the colony is.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-02-29 at 04:21 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

Well met Mr. Raymerez, I meant no disrespect. I must admit I'm not use to such formal arrangements. He then nods in Mr. Raymerez direction. As my esteemed colleague, Edlyn indicated we are very excited to get started. As he nods in Edlyn direction he realizes that she is indeed quite striking.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The colony you guys are going to is a start up, so don't expect much profits early on. That does mean that when it does get rolling you'll make a bundle.
    Raymerez gestures at the man leaning on the desk, who you can now see is leafing through some papers.
    Luther here will be in charge. Luther say hello.

The man turns around and you can see that his tattoo's continue around his head till they taper off at the corner of his eyes. You can see that, while he looks mostly human, his shaved forehead exibits the jutting browline of an orc.
    Well, right now were're waiting for the healer from the Owls to show up, then there's the sending off party in a half an hour so the sailors can get enjoy themselves for the last time in awhile. He taps the papers in his hands thoughtfully. Deary deary me. It seems most of you got your weapons from your mothers kitchen. Or the forest. (# of daggers in group: 7, # of quaterstaves 2) Oh well, we take what we can. Helen at the front desk can show you where to put your stuff for loading. And a bathhouse. Meet her at the front desk in 20 minutes and she'll take you to the party.

28. - Top - End - #28

RogueGirl

Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork stands passive with his right arm holding the Flail slung across his shoulder and the left hooked into the waist of his pants. He taps his foot impatiently during Raymerez' explanation of transport and funds and snorts twice during Luther's exchange: at the mention of the sorry assortment of weapons in the room, and at the prospect of a bath.

When Luther finishes, he unhooks his hand from his pants and uses his elbow to propel him away from the hinge of the door. He grunts one final time before making his way back to Helen for loading of his "stuff", sparse though it may be.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

A bathhouse? Who in their right mind pays to take a bath when there's an ocean on their doorstep? Gil thought.

I'm going for a quick swim, I'll be back in about 20 minutes. I'll see you then He announced

With that Gil starts to leave but at the doorway he stops and says

Oh thanks for your time Mr. Raymerez

Gil quickly starts walking to his destination with Click running at his side.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Did I mention that the bath house would be free? At least for him it would be. the big half-orc laughs.