Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Demon Sword IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Demon Sword IC

Zero:

Spoiler
    Show
    Shinji gives you a good long stare. He then breaks out into a highly amused grin.

"Kill me, woman? How amusing. If anything, that would at least throw the usual drudgery here into chaos.

Hmm...

Perhaps I WILL take up on your offer. It will be...entertaining to watch you try to whip these fools into shape, yes? If that is the case, then I turn full authority over this fortress to you."
    He tosses her a crimson silk sash, a badge of office.

"There. Welcome to your new job as my..."lieutenant", madam.

Ah, before I forget...may I ask of your name?"

Elk:

Spoiler
    Show
    You easily slip past the unwary guards and hunters and come to eavesdropping range of the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elkhantar, you have permission to look at the fluff spoilers are meant for Zero. You may also read Zero's posts.

Before both of you can do much else, a terrified scream shatters the usual ennui.

"WE-WE'RE UNDER ATTAAAAACK!!! DEMONS! OGRES! ATTAAAAAACK!!!"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2008-03-05 at 12:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

The elf catches the sash and tucks it into her kimono. She doesn't particularly need nor want it, but it's obvious that Ikamara is useless. When she hears the shout, Marlia'zara simply turns toward the exit. "I have some business to take care of, obviously. My name is not important, Shinji. For now, I am just the Honorable Mistress of Lightning." She does nothing more than leave quietly. She steps out the door and motions to the guard outside. "Keep the idiot alive and safe."

(Assuming Ukio is within 30ft of the entrance)
    A tentative brush among her maai announced another being. She looked toward the area, her eyes focusing but noticing nothing. She calmly states her business in the general direction of the feeling. "I assume you are a shinobi to hide that well. If you're going to kill Ikamara, then I am obligated by my station to stop you. However, I suggest you assist me in dealing with these demons."

Marlia'zara looks toward where the voice came from.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hearing the Air only grants Blindsense, so she knows where Ukio is if he's in 30ft, but doesn't know it's him.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ukio

Marlia'zara's proposal surprises Ukio She really is a bold woman. but he is glad her interview doesn't devolve into violence, and is about to allow himself a sigh of relief when he heard the call to arms. Before he can turn away, though, Marlia'zara is out of the Taisa's quarters and speaking to him. Ukio can tell that she doesn't outright see him, since she's not looking him into the eyes and her eyes tried to focus in the air, but the fact that she even notices him leaves him startled. What kind of jutsu is she using? he wonders. can she tell it's me?.

Deciding that the demons are the most urgent threat, Ukio leaves, walking away of the strange woman. Why did you even worry about her in the first place? he scolds himself.

After he's put a safe distance (and a visual obstacle) between themselves, Ukio exits the shadows, just as if he was turning a corner, and hurries to the wall to inspect the incoming demons.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, how are the walls? is any ring complete without any apparent breach for the demons to come through? I expect so, since there was an open gate with guards (so there should be at least a complete ring).

If there's a wall, Ukio will climb up to see what were those cries about and if there is any demon/oni coming.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

Upon hearing the alarm, Kazuo drops his cup and shouts to the Tungusk hunters (still in Tungusk), "Let us go spill some demon blood and show these weaklings what the Tungusk are made of!"

(Kazuo will then leave with the hunters but remain in the back of the group, drawing his daggers as he heads outside.)
    Hi! My name is Adrik and I'll be your smiter today.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Zero:

Spoiler
    Show
    You sense that someone was just behind a nearby window, but that presence disappeared when the cry of alarm was shouted.

Aldrik:

Spoiler
    Show
    The hunters roar in agreement and swarm out of the bar and to the north wall. Many cups, mugs, and platters are scattered onto the floor in the general rush. No one seems to notice you fading into the back of the group.

Aldrik and Elk:

Spoiler
    Show

The two of you make your way to the north wall, and as you hurry along you notice that half of the crowd is coming towards you, a terrified mixture of guards and hunters. Complacency has weakened this fort indeed.

As you reach the wall, this scene unfolds in front of you:

Spoiler
    Show

Tactical Map:

Green = Oh-Oni
    Black = Oni
    Turqoise = Dretch
    Red = guards who haven't fled
    Blue = hunters who haven't fled
    Brown squares = top of wall
    Gray squares = ramp to get to top of wall

You recognize the largest creature as a vicious Oh-Oni, an intelligent and powerful type of ogre. The slightly smaller ones are normal Oni, looking stupid as ever as they pound their clubs into their hands. Finally, the small demons up in front are dretches, the footsoldiers of the demons. All of these creatures are advancing towards you at a steady pace.

The guards, meanwhile, are in a panic and are frantically trying to close the gate. A few bowmen on the walls have started firing, but their arrows seem to have little effect.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elk, you can start anywhere along the brown squares if you wish. Aldrik, you may start anywhere behind the wall.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2008-03-06 at 12:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

(If the blues are Tungusk hunters, Kazuo will start at S-10. If not, he will start at Q-16)

(Initiative roll (when needed):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18]
    )

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

The elven warrior took a moment to contemplate her choice in profession. But her resolve returned the moment she noticed the crowd running away from one of the gates. She dashes toward the gates, assuming a new stance in the process. Once she's within sight of the gate, she takes stock of the situation quickly. Marlia'zara begins shouting out commands and hoping to atleast put some semblance of order into these soldiers. "Archers, aim for the smaller creatures! Gatekeepers, forget about closing the gate, the oni will just damage it getting inside. Fall back and form a line with the hunters!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[15]

Swift: Shift over to Leading the Charge.
    Full-Round: Run(120ft movement) over to the gate.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ukio

Surprised by the sudden attack on the fort, Ukio is nonetheless glad that the demons appeared at the right moment to lash out his frustration. He observes the upcoming demons, and his frustration only grows when he sees the incompetence of the guards, which are incapable of even closing the door.

Deciding that his abilities will be more useful on the floor, he descends to the ground with great skill, ready to face the demons.

Spoiler
    Show

Ukio has slow fall (30 ft) and can take 10 in tumble for a total skill check of 34 to treat the fall as 20 ft shorter. So unless it is a very high wall (>50ft) he can just jump down. (e.g. to N20)

Initiative:(1d20+9)[23]
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-03-06 at 04:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

The guards hesitate at the random swordswoman's shouting, but they quickly heed their orders. The few hunters and guard who have not fled form up behind Marlia, while the ones on the wall continue to fire arrows.

The outside forces, meanwhile, advance forward, surging towards the gate. The Oh Oni in the back does not budge, however, and simply watches the battle with an amused smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical map at the end of the round:

Initiative order:
    Ukio (23)
    Oni (19)
    Oh Oni (18)
    Marlia (15)
    Bowmen (8)
    Dretch (2)

Actions of the round:

Ukio leaps down safely from the wall. Most of the enemy seems to be more concerned with attacking the gate, but one oni heads toward Ukio.

The Oni, meanwhile, surge forward and allow the dretch to take most of the damage from the resistance. One heads off towards Ukio.

The Oh Oni sits in the back and watches the battle.

Marlia moves to the gate and shouts to the guards. The guards form up with the hunters behind the action.

The bowmen, meanwhile, open fire on the dretch. All but one of the arrows bounce off the tough demon shells, while the last one manages to stick in the demon's hide. It completely ignores the damage, however.

The dretch move forward and crowd into the gate. They leer at Marlia with beady, hungry eyes.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ukio

Wondering whether the oni will be worthy opponents, Ukio advances to meet the one that detached from the group. He zig-zags with tremendous speed, arriving next to the oni in the blink of an eye, then unleashes a strike from his sheathed katana with blinding speed.

Spoiler
    Show

Ukio tumbles (takes 10, no roll needed) to k20, then uses the blurstrike property of his katana to make an attack on the oni. If he doesn't have blindsight he is considered flat-footed. He also dodges the closest oni.
    iaijutsu focus:(1d20+16)[19]
    attack: (1d20+17)[21]

If it hits;
    damage: (1d10+9)[14]
    sneak attack damage: (4d6)[15]
    iaijutsu damage: (6d6)[6][6][2][6][2][1](23)
    Ukio can only get up to 6 dice (if I roll a 19), so add from the left to the right depending on the iaijutsu focus roll.

Ok, 19 is only 2d6, so 12 iaijutsu damage it is.
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-03-07 at 04:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

"What kind of fortress doesn't have silver arrows..!" She shouts toward the soldiers behind her. "Spears! Quickly! Stay out of their reach! Archers, switch target to the central oni!"

Without further ado, Marlia'zara steps forward and prepares to do what she was born and bred to do. "May the Gods receive your souls in peace." Marlia'zara stepped forward and drew her katana, the blade immediately began to glow a light blue color as she cut toward the first demon with it. She followed through with another two cuts, aiming to cleave through all three demons before her in one move.

Spoiler
    Show
    Five-foot step to O-14. Quick-Draw Anrui no Kami. Attack dretches in N-13/N-14/N-15.

Attack Rolls = (N-13; 23), (N-14; 25), (N-15; 26).

Damage Rolls = (N-13; 8+11+1+6=26), (N-14; 6+11+6+3=26), (N-15; 2+11+5+6=24)

Action Breakdown:
    Swift - Switch stance to Tactics of the Wolf.
    Five Foot Step to O-14
    Full Round - Full Attack.

Dretch N-13: Attack Roll - 23. Damage - 26 total. Pierces DR/Good.
    Dretch N-14: Attack Roll - 25. Damage - 26 total. Pierces DR/Good.
    Dretch N-15: Attack Roll - 26. Damage - 24 total. Pierces DR/Good.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hmm...if Adrik does not post by the morning, I will have to move on.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

Kazuo runs up the stairs to his left and runs along the wall before finally crouching down behind a battlement.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuo activates his Assassin's Stance as a swift action and runs up the stairs onto the wall, crouching down at O-10.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Round over. Please post your next actions.

Spoiler
    Show

Round events:

Ukio moves to the ogre's flank and utterly disembowels it with one swift iaijutsu draw. It stares in surprise at its stomach as it keels over, dead.

The central ogre, noticing that its comrade had just fallen, moves over to Ukio and takes a swing. Ukio easily dodges the blow, however. The other ogre, noting the bowmen, shifts into a more defensive posture (gains +4 to AC).

Kazuo practically teleports near the bowmen on top of the walls and shifts to an assassin's stance. The nearby archers blink in surprise but quickly turn their attention back to the battle.

The Oh Oni still does nothing.

Marlia steps forward and with mighty slash decapitates three of the dretches at once. The hunters and guards in the back stare at the martial display.

The bowmen aim for the ogre who just attacked Ukio and turn it into a pincushion. The beast looks badly injured.

The dretches swing their claws at Marlia. Two of them miss, but a third manages to get a nasty gash past Marlia's guard (-6 HP for Marlia).
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2008-03-09 at 03:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

Kazuo drops lightly down on the other side of the wall and moves over to the ogre nearest him.

Kazuo suddenly feints to the left and then strikes at the Oni's right with one of his daggers.

Spoiler
    Show

If hit, damage = 9 + 6 + 6 = 21
    If feint, total damage = 21 + 25 = 46

Notice to DM: If at any point in the encounter the Oh-Oni hits Kazuo in melee combat, Kazuo will be electing to use his Zephyr Dance counter maneuver to add +4 dodge AC to that attack and redetermine if the attack actually hit.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

Marlia'zara shouts toward the guards one last time. "I called for spears! That means now! Archers, aim for the big one!" The swordsman immediately turns on the dretches, unleashing another flurry of attacks.

Once the last swing is made, she sheathes the sword and turns her gaze toward the Oh-Oni. She takes a moment to focus, then shouts out to the group at large. "We have to bring that beast down! Don't let up, and keep the arrows coming!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, attacking dretches in N-12/N-13/N-14.

Attack Rolls - 28/23/12

Lightning Recovery - 15

Damage Rolls - (13; 4), (16; 4), (12; 4).

N-12: Attack Roll - 28; Damage Total - 17. Bypasses DR/Good.
    N-13: Attack Roll - 23; Damage Total - 20. Bypasses DR/Good.
    N-14: Attack Roll - 15; Damage Total - 16. Bypasses DR/Good.

Action Breakdown:
    Full-Round: Full-Attack.
    Swift: Lightning Recovery.
    Free: Sheathe sword.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ukio

The young samurai steps aside and waits for the next opponent. [infernal]So, you wanna end up like him?[/infernal] he says, sneering. As soon as he gets into striking distance, he unsheathes his wakizasi on the left hand, and drives his blades into the Oni.

Spoiler
    Show

5-foot step to L20 (towards the wall) and full-attack with TWF. (Hey, I have to make up for the lack of SA!)

Attack, Katana(1d20+15)[27] damage (1d10+9)[17]
    Attack, Wakizashi(1d20+14)[34] damage (1d10+9)[10]
    2nd Attack, Katana(1d20+10)[18] damage (1d6+9)[10] +1 con damage.

Also, Ukio now dodges the closest Oni.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah, I mixed up attack and damage rolls between the katana and wakizashi. Just switch the damage roll from the wakizashi and the second katana strike.

Also, it threatened a critical, so critical confirmation: (1d20+14)[23] and if it hits, damage again (1d6+9)[14] +1 con

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Tactical map at this round's end:

Spoiler
    Show

Round's events:

Ukio steps over and finishes off the badly injured ogre, removing its head in one blow.

The last ogre roars in fury and attempts an attack on Marlia, but the lithe swordswoman ducks under the blow.

Kazuo stabs the last ogre's kidneys and brings it down.

The Oh-Oni finally grins and pulls out its huge morningstar. It remains where it is, barely out of accurate firing range of the bowmen.

Marlia easily brings down two of the four remaining dretch, but her last target barely dodges her blow.

The remaining infantry heed Marlia's words and move forward. One spearman manages to impale the dretch that Marlia just missed, hurting it badly. The other, unable to reach the dretch, is content to stay put, forming a miniature spear-wall with his companion. The hunters, meanwhile, let loose a volley of missles, but since Marlia is in the way they all miss.

The last two dretch try to claw at Marlia, but they all also miss. One rakes its claws against Marlia's body armor, but it does nothing aside from making a raking noise.

Round over. Please post your next actions.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

Kazuo suddenly disappears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuo activates his invisibility ring and moves upward in a straight line to D-12. Kazuo moves at half speed through F-12 and E-12 so that he may better evade any attack of opportunity should the Oh-Oni be able to see him.

Tumble check: (1d20+22)[28]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ukio

Facing the Oh-oni, Ukio sheathes his swords and speaks in his foulish language. [infernal]I don't know what you seek here[/infernal] he says. [infernal]but if it is death, you've found it.[/infernal]

Without further warning, he hurries forward, closing in with the gigantic demon and unsheathes his katana in a flurry of motion, aiming for the weak spots in the hulkish being.

Spoiler
    Show
    move-tumble to e-14, then attack with the blurstrike katana to the large beast. Ukio also dodges the oh-oni now.
    attack:(1d20+17)[27]
    damage:[roll]1d10+9[/rolll]
    sneak attack:(4d6)[11]
    iaijutsu focus:(1d20+16)[20]
    iaijutsu damage:(6d6)[5][2][6][4][3][6](26)
    Three dices, that's 13. Also, I messed up the damage roll (too many l's) I'll roll in the OOC thread
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-03-11 at 06:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

"It is time to bring the fight to the demons!" Marlia'zara shouts out to the soldiers behind her before charging forward. She ducks and weaves between the dretches as she dashes forward. For a moment, she seems to lose herself in the charge.

Father. Is this what you prepared me for? To fight and die in obscurity like the rest of us? Or am I to find my own glory among these people?

Marlia'zara closes both eyes, and suddenly leaps into the sky. In a flash she's drawn Anrui no Kami and it's light fills the sky. The katana flashes downward in an arc as she cleaves toward the Oh-Oni's head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action Breakdown:
    Swift: Shift stance to Leading the Charge.
    Full-Round: Expend Battle Leader's Charge. Charge to E-14. Leap the last twenty-feet of distance.
    Free(?): Expend Eternal Training usage for +INT to damage and attack rolls VS Oh-Oni(Monstrous Humanoid, I assume).
    Free: Convert +11(Charging, Flanking, and INT bonus) Attack Bonus over to Damage with Power Attack.

Jump Check: Total: 33=30ft.

Attack Roll: 18+17=35.
    Damage Roll: 3+29=32(1d10+4+7+7+11)
    Miscellaneous Damage: +10 from Battle Leader's Charge. +10 from Leading the Charge. +11 from Two-Handed Power Attack. +22 from Leap Attack(+100% of Power Attack). +4 from Holy Property.

Totals:
    Attack - 35
    Damage - 89(assuming it's got an Evil alignment).

EDIT: Oops! I forgot that Marlia'zara was two-handing. So she -actually- deals +22 with Power Attack and +22 extra with Leap Attack.

EDIT#2: Oops! Forgot to mention which square she landed in. She lands in E-14.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-03-12 at 08:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Tactical map:

Spoiler
    Show

Kazuo speeds toward the Oh Oni, who still gazes at him in amusement. That amusement is wiped off his face when Kazuo's sword comes within a hair's breadth of penetrating the creature's armor.

"Ha! Not bad, human, but you seem to be ignorant in your knowledge of the supernatural; speaking to me in Infernal is about as useful as speaking Demonic to a devil. Allow me to correct you...with my mace."

It then watches Ukio turn invisible and disappear.

"Oh? Two can play at that game."
    The Oh Oni turns invisible as well, fading from all sight.

As Marlia charges past, the dretch tries to claw at her ankles but completely misses.

Marlia's devastating blow teaches the Oh Oni to move right after turning invisible; she deals the beast a frightening blow as she carves right through his body. It roars in fury and pain, screaming for vengeance.

The bowmen, not sure as to what to do, open fire at the Oh Oni once more, hoping that the bloody patch of dirt is where the Oni still is. Unfortunately, all of their missles go wild.

The same spearman takes a jab at the dretch again, again scoring a hit. The dretch keels over into a pool of its own blood.

One hunter tries to aim a javelin at the last dretch, but his aim is awry.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

"Ignore them, weakling. Your fight is with me. My people have slain many of your kind, and I have come to this land to guide you to your ancestors." Marlia'zara slowly sheathes her katana while her eyes scan the horizon. Her ears twitch as they take in every movement of the air. "Demon. No, you and your kind are less than that, are they not? You stand as mere servants to true demon masters. Tell me, pretender-demon, have you heard of the Akumasatsu clan?"

Marlia'zara turns her back on where the Oh-Oni had last been. She speaks very calmly to the bowmen and spearmen. "Spears back away. Bows, finish off that last dretch. At least it is a real demon and a real threat."

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Shift Stance to Hearing the Air, which gives her blindsense out to 30ft.
    Ready Action: If it attacks, Marlia'zara is gonna Quick Draw Shuunenbukai Iki and Sunder it's Mace. The Sundering enchantment allows her to Sunder an object as if she had the Improved Sunder feat, so she does not provoke an AoO.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ukio

Ukio frowns when his katana strikes the Oh-oni's armour. He then resumes his usual smile. One would say it is sensible to know one's master language... but I guess I was giving too much credit to your intelligence. he concludes. Ukio unsheathes his companion sword, nods towards Marlia'zara and slashes the air where the Oh-Oni was last standing.

Spoiler
    Show

Full attack on the Oni.
    katana 1st attack (1d20+15)[26] damage (1d10+9)[10] miss chance (1d2)[2]
    wakizashi (1d20+14)[30] damage (1d6+9)[14] miss chance (1d2)[1]
    katana 2nd attack (1d20+10)[26] damage (1d10+9)[19] miss chance (1d2)[1]

Ukio would hit on 2's like marlia'zara before

EDIT: [sarcasm] Wohoo! great![/sarcasm] Ukio only finds air, I guess... (well, no, the first attack may hit depending on the flanking bonuses, if any)
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-03-13 at 02:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

Kazuo steps quickly to his right and nimbly executes a series of quick slashes and thrusts into the space where he'd last seen the Oh-Oni.

Spoiler
    Show

Kazuo takes a 5-foot step to E-13 so that he may flank with his Island of Blades stance.

Kazuo takes a full-round attack action into the space he believes the Oh-Oni to be. Kazuo uses his Combat Expertise feat to take 2 from his attack roll and add 2 to his AC.

Attack Modifiers
    All attacks: 50% miss chance due to total concealment (hit on 2 of 1d2)

Primary Hand Attacks:
    #1: +18 for BAB+DEX+Weapon, +2 for attacker invisibility, +2 for flanking, +2 for huge target, -2 for Combat Expertise, -2 for two-handed fighting = +20
    #2: +13 for BAB+DEX+Weapon, +2 for flanking, +2 for huge target, -2 for Combat Expertise, -2 for two-handed fighting = +13
    Off-Hand Attacks:
    #3: +18 for BAB+DEX+Weapon, +2 for flanking, +2 for huge target, -2 for Combat Expertise, -2 for two-handed fighting = +18
    #4: +13 for BAB+DEX+Weapon, +2 for flanking, +2 for huge target, -2 for Combat Expertise, -2 for two-handed fighting = +13

Damage Modifiers
    Primary hand: 1d4+3 Weapon, +5 DEX (Shadow Blade feat), +1d6 Acid from Crystal, +1d6 from Deadly Defense feat, +4d6 from Sneak Attack = 1d4+8+1d6(Acid)+5d6
    Off hand: 1d4+3 Weapon, +5 DEX (Shadow Blade feat), + 1d6 from Deadly Defense, + 4d6 Sneak Attack = 1d4+8+5d6

Attack & Damage Rolls
    Attack #1:
    Concealment roll: (1d2)[2]
    Attack roll: (1d20+20)[28]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[10]+(1d6)[3](acid)+(5d6)[28]

Attack #2:
    Concealment roll: (1d2)[1]
    Attack roll: (1d20+13)[17]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[10]+(1d6)[4](acid)+(5d6)[18]

Attack #3
    Concealment roll: (1d2)[2]
    Attack roll: (1d20+18)[19]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[10]+(5d6)[23]

Attack #4
    Concealment roll: (1d2)[1]
    Attack roll: (1d20+13)[30]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[10]+(5d6)[17]

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Tactical map of this round's events:

Spoiler
    Show

Dark green = beginnings of forest (creatures within have 10% concealment, and there are shadows here and there).

Kazuo makes some deft sword blows, but it all ends in futility. He does sense that his first blow scratched something metallic.

Ukio's daggers sink into some soft flesh covered by tough metal, but it feels as though he hit some kind of tough muscle, not vitals.

The Oh Oni reappears and retreats back further along the road, away from the fortress. "Weak? Perhaps, mortal. We must serve the Hordes' every whim lest they carve us to pieces. But freedom is nothing when encased in mortal flesh, whereas my only limitations are my masters. Observe." The Oh Oni begins some kind of incantation, summoning magical energies to itself.
    Something feels off however. That Oh Oni doesn't seem quite...real. The shadows don't sync up quite correctly, and you could swear you see that sometimes, the Oh Oni's foot seems to phase right through a pebble or two in the ground. An illusion, perhaps?

Marlia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was indeed a phantasm created by the Oh Oni. You sense that the real ogre has moved over to your right (Q18-O20).

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Marlia'zara

The elf woman just points toward her right. "He's over there."

She addresses the oni directly this time. "We have bested your soldiers, and I have wounded you greatly. You've resorted to cowardly tactics to win, but you know this will only result in your death. Save yourself and face your master's humiliation. Or face my blade and certain death."

Spoiler
    Show
    Again, ready action to sunder his morningstar if he attacks.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Kazuo

Kazuo quickly dismisses the image of the retreating Oh-Oni as trickery and looks quickly around. He sees no trace of the real beast responsible for the illusion--just then, however, the elf woman fighting next to him calls out the creature's location.

Without a second's more hesitation, Kazuo leaps into the air, traveling through the air nearly to the trees to the Northeast.

Spoiler
    Show

Kazuo's use of the Sudden Leap maneuver combined with his jump check of 30 allows him to jump 30 feet as a swift action. Kazuo ends his jump on N-17.

Kazuo is subject to attacks of opportunity during the leap but may use tumble to avoid them. Kazuo appears to possibly move out of two threatened squares during the jump. Not knowing exactly, I'll just roll two tumble checks.

Tumble check 1: (1d20+22)[35]

Tumble check 2: (1d20+22)[40]

After landing, Kazuo steps quickly into the edge of the tree cover and immediately launches a series of dagger attacks at the location given by the elf woman.

Spoiler
    Show

Kazuo takes a 5-foot step to N-18 and takes a full round of attacks, shifting 2 from his to-hit roll to his AC (Combat Expertise)

(Bonuses were calculated in prior turn and should be the same with the exception of the bonus for invisibility on the first attack of last turn)

Primary attack 1
    Concealment check: (1d2)[1]
    Attack roll: (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[9]+(1d6)[4]+(1d6)[6](acid)

Primary attack 2
    Attack roll: (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[11]+(1d6)[3]+(1d6)[4](acid)

Off-Hand attack 1
    Attack roll: (1d20+18)[23]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[9]+(1d6)[2]

Off-Hand attack 2
    Attack roll: (1d20+13)[20]
    Damage roll: (1d4+8)[12]+(1d6)[6]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

I'm giving Elk until this evening to post his actions. Until then, this space for rent.