New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Avatar d20 Project] Autumn Twilight IC

It is an average day for you. You’re ` in the town of Ten-Shi, an average sized town. It is a cool autumn morning, the trees flying around in small gusts. Rain basins are all full, from yesterday’s thunderstorm. The town is hard at work. A group of musicians is performing, coupled with a firebending dancer. There is as small tip jar. It is an average day until...

Read appropriate Narrative

Gin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are getting rid of the mud stuck in someone’s house because of the storm. You exit and see a group of ten firebenders. One of them cries “get that earthbender". They grab you before you can react, and bring you into the center of town, they create a ring of fire around you and dozens of others, all of foreign origins..

Yun
    Spoiler
    Show
    You were watching the dancers at this time, suddenly one of the musicians pulls out a knife “come quietly old man” he then yells “I found an airbender here, captain Shu will be happy at this one”. One of the musicians fire a blowpipe at you, you go unconscious. Minutes later, you find yourself within a ring of fire, with other foreigners.

Han
    Spoiler
    Show
    You were sitting in your house, enjoying some tea. You hear a knock on your door. A soldier stands there and says, “Soldier Han, you have been conscripted to serve the glorious fire nation once more. Come to the center of town in ten minutes. To be safe you bring your weapons to the center of town". Alarms are blaring, Lieutenant Jeshin stands in front of a large ring of fire surrounding dozens of foreigners, maintaining control of it. “Pleasure to have you serving again, Han, go capture any foreigners, under order of Lord Sozin, I will maintain control of this ring, bring any foriegners here”

Lee
    Spoiler
    Show
    You broke into the lieutenant’s house in the town, as he was gone rounding up foreigners. A piece of cake opening the lock, and you didn’t bother sneaking around as the lieutenant wasn’t around. Big mistake. A large howler-dog is lying on the floor. It starts barking at an incredible volume. A fire nation soldier bursts in, “Stop, Thief!” you try to escape, but the soldier surrounds you with fire. The soldier grabs you by the shirt and drags you into the center of town. You are put into a large ring of fire with foreigners of all origins. At least you got a couple of coins.

Okku
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small child with a hurt ankle lies on the ground. You walk up to him and put your hands over his ankle, healing him. “Get the bender!” you hear someone cry. A man grabs you and gives you a swift punch to the chest. The child runs away screaming. You are dragged into a large ring of fire with dozens of foreigners of all different origins.

“You are all here in this ring because of your origin, this is war. You will all be deported to your countries, there is no need for alarm”

Another man says “Then why are there alarms!”
    “Conratulations, you just lost your right to speak”, “All of you”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Avatar d20 Project] Autumn Twilight IC

Lee rolls his eyes as a random member of their little crowd antagonizes the guard. "There's one in every crowd," he thinks to himself. Lee nonchalantly turns around and begins surveying the people gathered inside the ring and the ring itself, looking for a good place to jump out if need be. "A war huh? Sounds like something I don't want to get involved in..."
    Ironically one of several dozen mavericks.
    (awesome avatar by Dr. Bath)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Okku

Okku sits calmly among the crowd in the flaming circle, rubbing his chest where he was punched and wincing slightly. He looks around to see if anyone was injured in their arrest. They certainly weren't gentle with him.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

4. - Top - End - #4

There is an earthbender with a large gash in his chest. He's coughing up blood. It is fairly obvious he tried to resist arrest.

The young airbender who made the comment about alarms is getting plenty of angry eyes.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gin picks himself up from where he was tossed, and quickly looks around to see how many guard there are, to see exactly how much trouble he's in. As he looks around, he turns to whoever is next to him and smiling oddly says "My My, looks like we're in a spot of trouble. Wouldn't want anyone to get burned. That fire looks hot."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+5)[22]
    Last edited by Colt; 2008-02-29 at 11:17 PM.

Silver Contributor To The Avatar d20 Project

6. - Top - End - #6

Han

So it's happening. Sozin is declaring war. Han surveys the prisoners and addresses his Lieutenant .Sir, to what port are we sending these deportees?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    what can I tell about the people in the ring?
    --------------------------
    Marten, make a wiggle check
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

Gold contributer to the Avatar Project
    Firebender avatar by Shades of Gray

7. - Top - End - #7

A soldier looks at Gin. It feels hot too! No talking! says one of the soldiers. He moves his portion of the ring closer to Gin.

Han only [DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT HAN!]
    Spoiler
    Show

The lieutenant whispers, "Due to the circumstances, most of these people will be killed, the benders. None of them are getting deported, except the children." he smirks.

There are roughly 30-40 of them in the circle. Mostly earthbenders, a few waterbenders, and only a couple of airbenders. There are 5 fire nation.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-02-29 at 11:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Okku

Okku moves over to the injured earthbender as best he can without drawing too much attention to himself. Drawing water out of one of his waterskins, he tries to heal him as best he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okku takes 10 with his Healing Waters seed and focuses for a full round before he begins, granting him a result of 34.

Heal - (3d6+1)[12]
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

9. - Top - End - #9

The earthbender whispers "Th-th-thank y-y-ou.. Only a large scar remains. He moves to the center of the group, so the fire nation won't see his wound healed.

10. - Top - End - #10

Struck by a sudden idea, Lee scans the crowd for anyone who is obviously a bender.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check (1d20+5)[14]

11. - Top - End - #11

Congratz, you scan out most of the waterbenders (6, including Okku), a large amount of the earthbenders (12, including Gin), two airbenders (one of which is Yun), and one firebender. Everyone else is probably a foreigner.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-02-29 at 11:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Any results on the spot check?)

Gin backs away from the imposing fire, before sitting down and leaning back on his arms.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    (OOC: Any results on the spot check?)

Gin backs away from the imposing fire, before sitting down and leaning back on his arms.
    sorry, there are 16 fire nation, 12 are focusing on keeping the fire ring. There are 4, disciplinary officers, walking around the area, carrying whips made of fire. There is also lieutenant Jeshin and a guard carrying twin dao.

14. - Top - End - #14

Smiling, Lee slowly makes his way over to the nearest earthbender. Leaning over he mutters, "Psst! Hey buddy, you wanna get outta this ring as much as I do?"

15. - Top - End - #15

The earthbender looks at you, if he was talking he would probably be sarcastic. He earthbends pebbles on the ground and spells,"how can I trust you, fire nation"

16. - Top - End - #16

Grinning, Lee mutters, "Cause I wanna get out of here as badly as you do pal. You think they shoved me in here cause I looked at em funny? I'm a theif, all this attention isn't good for my nerves."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if this requires a diplomacy check, if so, just say the word.
    Last edited by The Maverick; 2008-02-29 at 11:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

He spells "All right, but you have to spring my brother" He bends an arrow towards a man that looks obviously related.

"What do I have to do"

18. - Top - End - #18

"Simple. As quietly as you can, get together as many of your earthbending buddies as you can get, and any other benders you can convince. When I give the signal, each of you try to put one or two of these guards bending this fire around us off balance with your crazy rock magic. These guys can't be that good at firebending if it takes so many of em to keep this thing up. That should throw them off and make the wall drop. Then in the ensuing chaos me, you, and your brother can all make a break for it. I doubt these high and mighty town guards are expecting a coordinated attack like that! It'll take em completely by surprize!"
    Last edited by The Maverick; 2008-02-29 at 11:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

He spells "Or maybe you are an inside man, and this is planned. You could be working for them, getting an excuse for another punishment"

Roll Diplomacy.

20. - Top - End - #20

"You think these guards are really that smart?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check (1d20+3)[17]

21. - Top - End - #21

I thought as much Right. I'll rout out any others Han left the square, and, as soon as he was out of sight of Jeshin and his guards, made his way to the top of one of the surrounding buildings. Making sure to stay out of sight, he hurled 3 smoke bombs to the general area around the ring, hoping to distract the benders maintaining it as well as giving the prisoners some cover. RAIN BASINS! he shouted, attempting to alter his voice.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

If I need hide check and bluff checks here,
    hide (1d20+2)[17]
    bluff(1d20)[15]
    let me know if I need to be more specific in my smoke bomb throws.
    Last edited by Pirate_King; 2008-03-01 at 12:14 AM.
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

22. - Top - End - #22

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna roll a Spot Check to see if I can spot spot the bombs mid-flight, and if so where they came from. Spot Check (1d20+5)[19]

23. - Top - End - #23

He spells "Hmm, that makes some se- what's with the smoke. Oh well time to escape"

His brother runs up to him and said, "let's fight back, with the smoke as a distraction we could defeat them right now. Ah, I see you met my brother" he says to Lee.

Waterbenders draw the water from the basins and douse the fire ring, while some earthbenders smother it with mud. The fire ring is now gone. Most make a run for it. 15 benders remain.

You hear whooping cries from all around. 5 people dressed in dark clothing burst out of their hiding places. One stands next to Han Nice job, he then manipulates air currents and gets down nto the fight.

The alarms go off once more. More soldiers arrive. There are now 30 soldiers in the way, not to mention the lieutenant himself.

Jenshin looks at Han "Oh how the mighty have fallen, I'll handle this traitorous worm, the rest, handle the crowd.

initiative
    Han: Surprise
    Okku: (1d20+3)[8]
    Gin: (1d20+2)[16]
    Lee: (1d20+2)[14]
    Yun: (1d20+2)[7]
    NPC(enemy): (1d20+3)[18]
    NPC(Allies): (1d20+3)[20]
    Jenshin: (1d20+3)[19]

Han: 1st
    NPC(Allies): 2nd
    Jenshin: 3rd
    NPC(enemy): 4th
    Gin:5th
    Lee:6th
    Okku:7th
    Yun:8th

I will do a round summary after everyone has posted.

General info on battle:
    30 soldiers.
    Lieutenant

vs.

15 prisoner-benders. including the two earthbenders Lee met. The earthbender Okku healed ran away.
    5 mysterious dark clothed people.
    You five.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-03-01 at 12:40 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

"Ha ha! Yes he's quite the conversationalist!", Lee responded over his shoulder to the earthbender's brother as he launched a fireblast at the nearest guard. This was going to be a very interesting day.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to bed for now. If by some chance I don't post for a while and you need to continue through the next round, Lee will try to stay behind the benders and shoot fireblasts at any guard he can see.

Firebending Check for Fireblast: (1d20+13)[23]
    Attack Roll for Fireblast: (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage for Fireblast: (1d6)[5]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Standing, Gin smiles at the closest man and mutters "Things are getting complicated" Then, gathering some stone from the area ahead of him, he wraps it around his arm before shooting it out like a spear at the nearest guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage (1d6)[3]
    Would a version of Rock spear be possible that did both damage and the bull rush? Perhaps DC 25? Also, do I get to add Str mod to Rock Spear like i do with Rock Blast? Sorry, I'm still a little new to the system, as I'm sure most of us are.

26. - Top - End - #26

OOC: It's okay. I actually am pretty new as well.

I've decided to make rock spear a bit more powerful.

Gin's Rock Spear
    Spoiler
    Show

DC: 25.
    1) No attack roll, as it is a line spell.
    2)The enemy makes reflex.
    3) Deals piercing damage if they fail both or the second.
    4) Bull rushes if the fail the first.

Damage is earth blast damage, yes you can add your strength.

Also: You can choose to have one effect (The pierce or the bull rush), at DC 15.

@Colt, so you are using the damage version? I'll disregard the attack roll.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2008-03-01 at 09:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Han

The mighty have indeed fallen. Sozin's war is against the wishes of Avatar Roku! It goes against the spirit of our Nation! Fire is the power of life, not of destruction. You would bring disgrace to our mighty nation by bringing about the deaths of those who have been our neighbors for hundreds of years? You are the traitor here, a traitor to the Avatar, to the Nation, and to the Fire you claim to control.

Han draws his twin dao as he leaps down and charges at the smug lieutenant, and slashes at him, holding the twin dao together as a single blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charges at the Jeshin and attacks. Note that my AC should be 20, now, +1 dodge bonus against Jeshin, though it will be 18 until my next turn because of charging. In my next round, I'll probably separate the Dao, to bring my AC to 21 against jeshin, 20 against everyone else.
    attack:(1d20+9)[21]
    damage:[roll]1d8+3[/roll]
    confirm crit:(1d20+9)[13]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Pirate_King; 2008-03-01 at 09:40 AM.
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry, accidentally rolled d20 for damage, tried to fix it... didn't think I'd make this mistake online...(1d8+3)[7]
    {[[[(((o((EE[\\
    =================

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yup, i'm trying the damage version. I just realized I forgot to do a Earth Bending check. (1d20+10)[27] and it'll be 4 damage if it hits, after the +1 for the Str mod.

30. - Top - End - #30

Okku

If any of the enemy firebenders are separated from the group, Okku moves towards them and attacks with a nonlethal unarmed strike. Otherwise, he uses a nonlethal unarmed strike against the nearest enemy firebender while fighting defensively. He keeps an eye out for anyone who's badly injured.

Spoiler
    Show
    SeparatedAttack - (1d20+5)[25]
    ClosestAttack - (1d20+1)[9]
    NonlethalDamage - (1d3+1)[4]
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------