New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fall of the Empire - IC

Matias

Matias just shrugs. "I agree,"
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-05-28 at 08:23 AM.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

"I think our best option, honestly, is to pose as mercenaries. If we head straight to the market, hopefully we can get my contact to reinforce that story... He poses as a legitimate businessman." Seth smiles slightly. "We were just out trying to catch some Persian scum who apparently tried to sneak through the swamp. No luck, but its time to take a break."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Posing as the mercenaries the party enters the town without much trouble. The gates were guarded but not very heavily as if the arabs didn't want to disrupt the normal life of the city. Once inside Seth takes everyone to the market. The market is a confusing maze of covered alleys, rooms and stores open up into the alleys, some field with goods and some empty but for a place to sit and talk.

One of the empty rooms is where Seth guides everyone to. Inside are a few men talking about what looks like sending a caravan of food items north and bringing back some steel from Shaam.

As the party approaches Hormoz looks up and shifts his eyes left ever so slightly, Seth catches the signal continues walking past the room and enters the next store. This one is filled with elaborately crafted statues and other ornaments, and old man is in the room and greets everyone as they enter.

"Greetings soldiers. Would you like to get a gift for your families back home? Something to show you've visited the city of wonders the great Ctesiphon?"

4. - Top - End - #244

Matias

Matias shrugs again, feeling that the action has become more than a little repetitive, and busies himself examining the artwork around the people.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search - (1d20+9)[27]. Just in case.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

Jayanti looks to Seth, planning on following his lead.
    Is this the contact? she thinks.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Moving things along.... Jael are you still around?

Seth examines the goods and responds to the shop keeper, while whispering to his friends that Hormoz is in the next store but it isn't safe to go inside at the moment.

A short while later, Hormoz himself walks into the store. A short middle aged man with not much hair left on his head. He is wearing a nice set of clothing and greets Seth openly. "My friend, I wasn't expecting to see you around here. How is your father doing these days? I have to send a Caravan your way, plenty of goods to deliver. And frankly I an use a group of well muscled soldiers to guard it for me, with the roads being as they are. I hope you can help me out with that. You aren't busy, are you? what brings to to Ctesiphon?..." He continues babbling for a while and from Seth's expression everyone can tell it is the norm for this man.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Ista tries to remain inconspicuous, while Seth handles things.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Seth do you want to interact with this guy, or should we just assume you drop Pedram on his head, and go to the temple without asking for his help?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    my internet died on me for about 2 days there, back, sorry.

Seth

Greeting the man with warmth, Seth smiles. "Nice to see you as well Hormoz. A small matter has come up, and we think you might be able to help us... He pauses. Do you have any caravans headed in the general direction of Egypt?"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Aah to Egypt, I'm afraid no Caravan of mine will be going that way soon. But I do know a man who is sending a group to Egypt. They will be leaving next week, hopefully that's not too late for you. I'm sure they will be happy to have a group of people comfortable with the sward with them. The roads aren't all that safe these days. My last Caravan coming from Constantinople got attacked 3 times in 2 days and if it wasn't for the extra guard I had send with them nothing would've arrived...." Hormoz again goes on a tangent until Seth stops him to continue the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm assuming you walked to a quieter place maybe to his store to have this conversation, as opposed to out in the open with everyone else listening.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

After having moved to a more secluded location, Jayanti pipes in.
    "The sooner the better obviously, but if a week is what you can get then a week it shall be. We also need some help with a friend of ours who was incapacitated by some rogues en route to here."
    Last edited by Sxoa; 2008-06-02 at 01:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

"Excellent." Seth pauses. "There is another matter. Our friend, Pedram has been poisoned... Is there perhaps someone in town who is an expert on remedies?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

"The best healers in town I'm afraid are the magi whoae forbidden by the new rulers from performing any services. It would shake their soldiers faith in their god if they saw the kind of miracle Ahura's servants can perform. You still try though, I imagine they would help if it's properly hidden. Now if there is nothing else, I have to take care of a some business, do you have a place to stay in town?"

14. - Top - End - #254

Imp

When there's a quiet moment, away from Hormoz, Ista reminds Seth

"We also have other business to conduct in Ctesiphon. Should we ask Hormoz for advice on this? "

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

To Hormoz; "Not as yet. Can you suggest suitable lodgings?"

ooc : I'll put a response to Ista in a later post :)

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Suitable lodging for a friend like you, is my own home. But if you and your friends are looking for a good inn, I can definitely show you to one. Come, come in fact there is right around the corner from my shop." Hormoz says as he pulls Seth out of the shop, in the split second he has Seth he whispers to him. "I'm sure you are not here for something the arabs want to know about, and the inns have never been good for secrecy around here. Are your friends trustworthy?"

Spoiler
    Show

I take it Seth considers everyone trustworthy in the party, right? Just remember you are hanging out with at least 2 people who aren't in on all the secrets. They are the barbarian you picked up in the swamp, and Ista's hired help (Remo).

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Jayanti looks on with interest. As always she is wearing her most subtly trustworthy face.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a bump and a check if this thing is still running?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Doesn't seem to be enough interest in it anymore. Unless I start recruiting again, or unless I hear from the rest of the crew it appears that the campaign was too boring to survive.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sadness! Well I liked it! If yo get started up again can you send me a PM?
    Last edited by Sxoa; 2008-06-20 at 05:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm still here, anyway. I was enjoying myself. I would've posted earlier, but the forum's been slow or down for me for the past couple of days
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Although unlikely that this will be revived, I will definitely let you know if it does happen.

Thanks for playing.

23. - Top - End - #263

Imp

Spoiler
    Show
    For the first couple weeks, I was waiting for Seth to say something to his contact, since Ista doesn't know the contact. I didn't check much lately, because I was travelling and hadn't seen anything happen. I'd certainly like to see this continue.