New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Fall of the Empire - IC

"Ista may unfortunately be right concerning Ctesiphon, though I pray not. My lord Seth's plan here is a solid one. Such intrigues you and your spy master weave, it is too dizzying for a simple courtier like myself..."
    She shakes her head in an exaggerated fashion.
    "The reason for my attempted delay is that there are rumors circulating around Anushiravan that suggest he is not so entirely loyal to the king as one would hope. Granted they usually come across as wild speculations suggesting that he has dealings with the invaders or is trying to set the stage for a coup by his cousin, or even one to achieve the other or so on and so forth. Still though as master Seth here can attest to, rumors often have a grain of truth in them and are often a good starting place to begin following the loosest of threads back to the core of a matter.

We of course have more important tasks to carry out and it is with that task in mind that I think that it is far to much of a coincidence that he should summon us right after this meeting with the king.

I asked for a slightly larger delay to give us some extra time in getting a move on. We will likely be watched but I can help with that in the form of disguises,"

With that Jayanti hauls a large case out from under her bed and begins pulling out different outfits from many different walks of life. She continues talking while holding them at arms length in front of the various other members of the group.
    "I hope that by only asking for a day not too much suspicion will be aroused. The king will corroborate my tale if asked, but a more thorough investigation, which someone of Anushiravan's rank is capable of carrying out, will burn away my falsehoods like the morning mist. By leaving it open ended we may yet get another day out of it without even having to ask, but I suspect we shan't get any more than that my friends, and that is only if we are fortunate and favored by our respective higher powers. Regardless I think it behooves us to get out of town as quickly and as quietly as possible. I will leave the setting our course to wiser minds, but I cannot stress enough that expediency is likely to be a great asset here."

She goes on to explain the listed likely outcomes.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

Seth smiles at Ista's comment. "My intrigues tend to be... straightforward... and .. .. short-lived." His eyes sparkle dangerously, leaving little doubt as to his meaning. "As to the matter of Ctesiphon... The mere fact that he was not there for our meeting with the king tells us enough." He pauses, then continues. "We should leave as soon as possible, and sow confusion as to our goals. If we are believed to be traitors, so much the better.... A traitor is apt to believe others are like him."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

If it did nothing for the guards, Jayanti's tale of harems and 'cursed' serving girls at least brought a flush to Pedram's scandalized cheeks. Worse, when she pulls out a case full of disguises, the cataphract unintentionally skitters back a step as though the woman had brandished a flaming scimitar at him.

"I agree that we should leave immediately, but are you certain that disguises are really necessary, Jayanti? You've already spun what I must admit was a very.. convincing tale to explain our exit. Provided Anushiravan is convinced - and we shall hear his reply soon or not at all - we have the authority to go as we please. If there is a price to be paid for leaving on short notice, then we'll pay it when the greater threat to Persia is dealt with."

It is everything Pedram can do not to pace.
    Last edited by Unholier_Than_Thou; 2008-03-12 at 11:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jayanti takes out props, cloth and a make up set gets to work disguising herself and Seth. The two leave to meet with the spymaster and pack up and bring back Seth's travel pack.

Meanwhile Ista goes to meet with his lackey and get him to get the animals ready to leave the next morning. While Pedram and Matias stay at Jayanti's quarters waiting for everyone else to return.

Spoiler
    Show

I will let Sxoa describe the disguise, not matter what she is creating she will do it successfully and they will get to the spymaster's quarters without any trouble.

Ista has no trouble finding his lackey and giving him the necessary orders and returns to Jayanti's room quickly.

Spoiler
    Show

@IamNotJeff: do you want to name this lackey? Also apart from packing the animals and having them ready at down, do you have other orders for him?

Jayanti and Seth arrive at the spymaster's quarters. After knocking on the door and waiting a short while an old man opens the door. Taking a look at the two, he immediately opens the doors wide and rushes you in. After you are in and he has closed the door he turns around and say "Seth, my child, what is wrong?"

Spoiler
    Show

Seth of course knows almost anything there is to know about the spymaster, he is the man's adopted son after all.

Jayanti, knows him as a very effective spymaster, a very important political figure, and immensely loyal to the king.

Let me know what you guys want to talk to him about. If there are specific requests bring them up, if there are specific questions ask them. In general he will do his best to help Seth, as long as what is being asked is reasonable, and Seth knows it.

Spoiler
    Show

Last the messenger from Anushiravan didn't come back during the evening or night. So your expecting that he is investigating Jayanti's story. Therefore you decide leaving at down is your best option.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Jayanti's disguises are simple affairs, making the two agents look like simple palace servants. The high and mighty often do not even notice the ubiquitous presence of the lowly staff.

Once they meet the spymaster, Jayanti greets the man warmly but beyond that lets Seth do the talking.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Ista tells Pedram

"There is no dishonour in wearing disguises to leave our own city. It is a basic matter of strategy, that you do not need to tell your enemy how you plan to maneuver your troops on the battle field. We should not need to lie to anyone. We will merely keep them ignorant of our plans.

Similarly, it will be wise if, when we leave the city, we conceal the tracks of our horses, so that others cannot follow us.

I'm going to see that my equipment is put in order. I will return in an hour.
    "

Ista then leaves to meet Remo and inform him that we will leave on short notice at some time within the next two days. A more precise time will be set after this evening's meeting.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ista's point of view was certainly food for thought, and Pedram takes his time digesting it. Isn't there dishonour in sneaking about in a disguise? Ista is right about concealing our tracks.. there is sense in that. Good tactics, as the man says. Now how is that any different than wearing a disguise?

When Ista returns much later, Pedram is at last ready with the answer to his soul searching. "It still feels.. underhanded," he tells the cleric abruptly, as though the hour-long pause in their conversation had been only a moment, "the disguises, I mean. But perhaps it is only my pride that is offended, not my ethics," he admits. "I will do what is necessary to see this mission through, my pride be damned."
    Last edited by Unholier_Than_Thou; 2008-03-16 at 03:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Seth
    Spoiler
    Show

sorry bout the little lapse here, weekends.

Seth bows formally, his smile, but the look in his eyes, and the way they never leave the Spymasters' indicates the level of friendship they share. "It seems we must go on a trip for the king... myself and 3 companions. Our first stop is the temple of Ahura-Mazda... then we must travel yet further, to Egypt. We had hoped to get assistance quietly exiting the city, and perhaps some names of safe-houses along the way. Honestly, I do not have much experience venturing far from the city... I had hoped also to call upon your experience, and your knowledge."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Matias

Matias approaches Ista slowly, and says: "Sneaky or underhanded, it matters not. I don't want some foolish Arab taking an offer too great for any mortal. Any delays come at a great cost. With such a delay looming, wearing a disguise is merely prudent"

After his speech, he seems a little put off, as though he'd said far more than he was comfortable with. Nodding to the others, he moves to the other side of the room an begins doing some light exercises. Nothing better to hone a body, except a mind, he thinks.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

@Jael_Darkwood: I think Seth is traveling with 4 companions + 1 hired help/butler of sorts.

The servant mentioned is trusted by Seth and Kavuus, the spymaster, so his presence will not change what you say.

Kavuus introduces himself to Jayanti and guides the two inside an inner room. He claps once and a servant enters and starts serving tea. While Seth talks, Kavuus interrupts a couple of times to ask questions and to clarify the details. He knows better to inquire about the nature of the mission, but he is interested in knowing from whom the party is hiding and how fast it needs to move.

Once he learns of Anushiravan's invitation and your response, he says "You shouldn't waste any time, leave tonight if you can. I don't think leaving the city in plain sight is wise, not if Anushiravan is investigating you. Use the cover of the night, and leave the town on foot immediately." As he is talking he walks to yet another room and comes back with a map, where he points to a road and continues "Take the road to Ctesiphon, travel for 20 miles and set up camp away from there road. Keep an eye on the road, I will send your packs and your mounts your way. Tonight, travel light and take only the bare necessities. You need to sneak past the guards without being noticed, and you need to move fast once you are on the road."

He rolls up the map and passes it to Seth saying "keep a copy of this map, it's not as up-to-date as I would've liked it to be. The political landscape is changing rather quickly at this time, and I can't always keep track of all the changes. I do know that Ctesiphon has not changed much, the Arabs looted the palace and some of the richer houses, but everyday life has not changed much. Last I had news, the temple or the sacred fire within were not harmed. Nor was Hormoz, the old devil is still in business and might be able to help you after you arrive there"

Spoiler
    Show

@Seth:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hormoz (as Seth knows) is publicly a trader living in Ctesiphon, privately he has been running a major thieves guild in the area for a very long time. A shady character, Seth knows to be careful around him, he is certainly not above selling a friend to the enemy for the right price.

He has for many years been Kavuus's contact, his thieves hear news all over Mesopotamia in roman and persian cities, and he passes the important ones to Kavuus.

He goes on for a while longer sharing the most current information he has on the safe roads and contacts who are still loyal and active in the areas you will be traveling in.

If there is nothing else you want to talk to him about, you can leave after finishing the tea. The trip back to Jayanti's is uneventful and you are greeted by your friends waiting to hear what you have learned.

Just to be sure: Ista has two horses (and a lackey, who will travel with the animals I assume), Pedram has a horse, and Jayanti has a Camel. Seth and Matias don't have mounts or pack animals correct?

11. - Top - End - #41

Imp

At first, Ista is confused by Pedram's comments, but once it's clear what the subject is, he responds "You hold to a stricter code than I do, but I'm glad you will agree to conceal our exit from the city."

Spoiler
    Show
    If Seth or Matias reveal that they lack horses, Ista will strongly recommend that they buy some. It will greatly speed the journey. Ista has some money and is willing to lend money, if necessary. He also will strongly recommend that the party keeps a stock of emergency supplies.

12. - Top - End - #42

Matias

Matias looks concernedly about the room a few minutes after Ista's return. "What is taking the others?" he asks. His tone implies that they are taking far too long. "We need to know how we are traveling,"
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

''I think we need a few extra horses Kavuus... I know I don't have one, and I doubt a courtier such as Ista does either..."

After Kaavus shows them out, Seth travels to meet up with Ista and Matias.
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-03-19 at 07:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

@Seth: you are visiting Kavuus with Jayanti (Ista is at Jayanti's place)

Kavuus nods and replies "I will send as many horses as I can find. I'm not certain how many I can scramble by tomorrow morning but I'll do my best." With that he guides Jayanti and Seth out.

Spoiler
    Show

@everyone: I'm assuming everyone leaves tonight. Without your horses or supplies, If you have an objection voice it before my next post which will come tomorrow.

I will also assume that you will leave anything with an armor check penalty behind to be carried with your supplies so you can be as sneaky as possible per instructions given by Kavuus. (this will include the armor and shields that have Armor Check Penalty of higher than zero) Again any objection should be noted before my next post.

Tomorrow evening, I will post what happens as you try to sneak out of the city over night. (good luck everyone, there will certainly be lots of hide/move silently rolls.)

Also if you plan on taking specific steps (other than taking the armor off, and hide/move silently out of the city) please let me know before I post.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Before leaving, Pedram takes a moment to visit his horse at the stables. "I know, I know.. look at me," he whispers quietly to Trace as he lashes saddle bags containing his armor to the stallion's back, "but I've been over this with myself and it is the right thing to do. You understand what needs to be done. I am counting on you to look after those other horses." He looks the horse in his enormous eye, sharing with him his mixed feelings of urgency and confidence. Between old friends nothing more needs to be said.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pedram is ready to go. He'll take only his sword and some basic supplies with him, leaving behind his armor, shield and other weapons and gear with his mount.
    Last edited by Unholier_Than_Thou; 2008-03-19 at 09:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Imp

I'm assuming that my groom, Remo, is also coming with us. Ista brings a bulging backpack, a spiked gauntlet, clothes, and some belt pouches. Remo has a back pack, sword, cross bow, quiver, pouch, lantern, and heavy wooden shield strapped to his back.

Spoiler
    Show
    Correct me if I'm wrong but your clothes don't count towards encumbrance, and a shield doesn't provide armour check, if it's strapped to your back, instead of being used.

Ista has his armour in his back pack, right spiked gauntlet, 5 vials of ink, a pen, 20 pages of paper, scroll case, 10 candles, a holy symbol, spell pouch, a belt pouch, 40pp, 5gp, and 5sp. Remo has four days of rations, flint and steel, a silk rope, light cross bow, 20 quarrels, a long sword, back pack, a lantern, 2 pints of oil, a belt pouch, 10pp, 30gp, 5sp, and 5cp. I'm assuming that Remo has str 11. Ista is carrying 58lbs of gear, and Remo 37.5lbs. Both are lightly encumbered, thus, taking no penalties.

"I'm not very nimble, and I have no training in sneaking around, but I'll make do as best we can. I think the same is true for Remo."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm having trouble connecting to GiantITP today. I'm realising that a magic shield would have been a much better choice for starting gear than magic armour.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Jayanti takes steps to disguise all of her companions and herself, making them seem less assuming and like different people if they are caught (though a thorough search will leave questions like why is a humble servant carrying a perfectly forged sword for example).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on my check = 28 (though I'm not sure if they use their own charisma modifiers or what have you?). Do we have enough time that I can take 20? I'm guessing no, but just checking...
    What can I say, she's good at what she does, but not much else. Couldn't hide in the dark so I have a feeling we may be getting caught, sorry

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Happy Persian New Year to all of you.

The group gets to work and a couple of hours after the night fall it is ready to start moving. Everything packed, and labeled for Kavuus's men. Jayanti uses her skills to make everyone look like villagers who are in town on business.

Sneaking quietly in the shadows, the party no trouble getting outside the town, thanks to Matias and Seth's constant vigilance in choosing the best route, and guiding others at almost every step of the way to stay out of sight.

Following Kavuus's advice, the party travels along the road as fast as it can, pushing it's members to exhaustion. At times it appears that some may not be able to continue onwards, but quick chants of prayer from Ista reinvigorates the weaker members of the party. By the time the party arrives at its destination everyone is battered, tired, and ready for sleep.

Spoiler
    Show

As luck had it the hide/move silently rolls I made for you came up exceptionally well and avoided 2 major stopping points, one of which only missed finding you because of Seth and Matias's help in hiding the party.

You've arrived at the 20 mile mark out of town (This is where Kavuus said you should get off road and find a hiding place, but keep an eye on the road for his men.)

To reach here, you've hustled for about 4 hours. Everyone has taken 15 points of non-lethal damage and everyone is fatigued. Ista has used 3 cure light wounds on Remo to keep him standing and able to walk. He is not fatigued.

@IamNotJeff: let me know if you used more spells on other party members. Seth is not far from falling unconscious at this point. Jayanti is right after him in how bad a shape she is in. Everyone else is battered but still far from collapsing.

@everyone: You should probably find a place to hide and sleep (survival checks from those how are trained please.) and decide on a watch order (to look after the sleeping party members, and to watch the road for your supplies and mounts.) Sleeping without tents and sleeping bags is not going to be easy tonight (you will still be fatigued tomorrow)... but as soldiers and adventurers you are used to it.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Though weary, Pedram does what he can to help set up camp for the night and certainly volunteers to take first watch. It feels odd to be out in the field without Trace, but he knows he won't be alone for long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pedram is obviously out of the 1-mile range of his empathic link with his special mount, but if/when the horses get within range, I take it he'll know?

Also, concerning watches, there are 5 of us. I figure if we each take 2 hours, we'll all get 8 hours of rest over a 10 hour period. Unless anyone has objections, Pedram has loads of HP left and is happy to go first. Most of our negative HP should disappear after the first two hours.

20. - Top - End - #50

Imp

"Let me pray for Seth and Jiyanti, since they seem most affected by fatigue. Since my prayers should allow them to recover, and the rest of us will need two or three hours to recover. I'd recommend that one of them take the first watch. I agree that each of the five us should take a two hour watch. If we know when to expect Kavuus, one of the sneakier characters should keep watch nearer the road then. I'm willing to take any watch.

Cure moderate wounds:
    Jiyanti: (2d8+5)[13]
    Seth: (2d8+5)[8]

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for tracking the overland movement for us. It can be a nuisance to determine the details of these things. That said, according to the SRD, the first hour of hustle inflicts no damage, the second 1HP, the third 2, and the fourth 4, so I think we should have taken only 7HP each, in which case, I'd put CLW on Remo, Jiyanti, and Seth.

21. - Top - End - #51

Matias

Smiling at the others - and obviously pleased - Matias says, "Those watches sound perfect. I'll check around for a good camping place here, and be back for second watch,"

With that, he begins searching the area for a good place to make camp.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what DC I'm aiming for here, but Survival - (1d20+9)[29].
    Also, If I can look for some soft ground or moss etc. to make a makeshift pallet out of, I will. I am sadly lacking in camping supplies () and I think this pallet would help (maybe?). Survival for that then? (1d20+9)[26] I'll look for enough for anyone who needs it
    Last edited by Bandededed; 2008-03-20 at 02:37 PM.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

Feeling much recovered, Seth smiles. "Thank you. As to watches, and setting a watch by the road... I am willing to do the first watch, and I feel quite recovered from our exertion... perhaps the two of you should take the last watches, so you can recover as much as possible... uninterrupted sleep is always the best for that." Seth reverses his travel cloak, covering himself with the dark flat black cloak.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Whining in such a fashion that it makes your heart weep to hear it, Jayanti continues to curse the rough life bitterly until she is cured by the good priest. After that she is all smiles and graciousness and upon seeing Matias pull together the miraculously comfortable pallets from the wilderness she rains a dozen thanks and blessings on his head.

"Matias you are a greater magician than I! I shall sleep soundly on this bed snatched from the fairy kings! Watch? What? Oh yes, that sounds fine. Wake me when it's my shift."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

My apologies for not posting last night. Real World got in the way!

Matias's expert eyes is helped by Ista's extensive knowledge of the land you are traveling in, and he finds the perfect spot to set up camp in: A clearing surrounded by date palms tucked behind a small hill and invisible from the road. He gets to work, cutting some of the palm branches and creating an even softer cover for everyone to sleep on.

After setting the camp Remo collects a few branches to start a fire, but is immediately stopped by Seth, who realizes even the smallest fire would easily give away your hide out.

A Short discussion on the watch order follows, with Seth taking the first watch and agreeing to wake Pedram up for the second. It's a warm night, with enough moonlight to keep thing well illuminated and with everyone as tired as they are falling asleep is easy. Soon everyone is in a deep sleep, except Seth who has found a place on the hill so he can have an eye on the road and the campsite at the same time.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm assuming the watch order: Seth, Pedram, Matias, Ista, Jayanti.

The first two watches are during the night, Pedram's watch ends shortly before the dawn, and Ista and Jayanti's watch are during daylight.

Let me know if the watch order works for other nights (so we don't have to have a discussion about watch order every time. This way the arcane casters get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep and everyone else gets 8 hours of rest.

As Pedram is woken up by Seth, the two notice Ista having an uneasy sleep. He is rolling around, talking in his sleep and look like he is having a terrible nightmare.

Spoiler
    Show

@Sxoa and Unholier:
    Actions please: will you wake him up or not?

The night is otherwise uneventful and so is the beginning of the day. Close to the end of Ista's turn a group of travelers appear on the road. from what he can see at a distance, there are two men with a number of horses, a camel, and a couple of asses traveling at a rather quick pace. He thinks some of those are your animals, but needs them to come closer to be sure.

Spoiler
    Show

@IamNotJeff:
    Actions please: what will Ista do?

25. - Top - End - #55

Imp

Spoiler
    Show
    Ista is happy with the watch schedule. Let me know if there's anything that needs to be done about Ista's dream, or if he remembers any of it.

Ista is carrying Remo's crossbow at the moment, in addition to his spiked gauntlet and backpack.

When he sees the people on the road, Ista quietly wakes Pedram and Seth, and whispers

"Sshhh, Pedram, Seth, wake up. There's men on the road with horses. I think they maybe the men we're meant to meet. Pedram do you see Trace? Seth, if these are your contacts, you should go see them. If not, you might want to get a little closer to see who they are.

He then keeps low to keep hidden from the men on the road.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

As Pedram goes to touch him, Seths eyes open, and he tenses briefly, then relaxes. Moving quietly, he fastens his sword and adjusts his armor. "I'll go check it out." Seth slides off into the darkness, his black cloak quickly blending with shadows of night.

Spoiler
    Show
    move silently (1d20+14)[33] hide (1d20+14)[33]
    spot +9 listen +11
    Last edited by Jael_Darkwood; 2008-03-21 at 05:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Concerning the nightmares, Pedram will only wake Ista up if he's making too much noise, or if they seem to go on for more than ten minutes or so. He tries to ignore what Ista is saying in his sleep.

Pedram takes a moment to shake the cobwebs out of his head. Once he's grasped the situation, stands, takes up his sword, and fastens it to his belt once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Pedram sense his mount through the empathic link? Either way, he shares the answer with Ista and Seth.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Pedram doesn't need much time to verify that his mount is in fact traveling with the group Ista mentioned. To be sure, Seth sneaks up on the group and recognizes one of the two men as a trusted subordinate of the spymaster. He comes out of hiding and guides the mounts and the men to the hiding place you have. The area becomes very crowded very quickly and rather noisy, and the rest of the party wakes up, at this time.

Spoiler
    Show

With all the noise, and the sun being high up in the sky falling back asleep is not quite possible. So I'm going to assume everyone (Except Jayanti and Remo) had only 6 hours of sleep last night.

Remo quickly gets to work to prepare a breakfast for everyone. Getting his hands on his supplies again, he can prepare a modest but tasty meal, as everyone else is busy talking to the men.

It turns out Kavuus has sent your mounts and grears along with two extra light horses and four mules to carry your supplies. The have saddle bags filled with waterskins which are empty at the moment but you can tell they will come in handy if you are to travel across deserts.

Spoiler
    Show

There is no mention that you should pay for these, but I believe it is polite if you do.

The men are done with the delivery and ready to leave as Remo comes forward offering them a breakfast and suggesting they rest before they go back. The older man (the one seth recognized as one of Kavuus's men) explains that they have to return to Susa very quickly and have no time to waste.

Spoiler
    Show

Seth almost immediately recognizes the story as an excuse made up on the fly. The man he is pretty certain is not operating with complete free will and is charmed.

29. - Top - End - #59

Imp

Ista helps prepare the food and thanks the men who brought the supplies.

"Thank you for bringing these horses and supplies. You're welcome to stay and have some food of you wish. We will, of course, pay for what you have brought us.

Everyone, I think we should pay 360gp, 320 for the two horses and saddles, and about 40 for the mules, saddle bags, waterskins, etc.
    "

Spoiler
    Show
    Ista will wait a little. If those without horses don't offer to pay for their horses, he will suggest splitting the costs equally. If people aren't willing, he'll cover the costs himself, grumpily.

After the men leave, Ista says

"I don't like mules. They're too slow. We might as well be walking. At the first opportunity, we should replace them with light warhorses."
    Last edited by IAmNotJeff; 2008-03-22 at 06:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Seth

"Thank you for your efforts, men. I wish to send you back with compensation for the extra supplies and horses, but am not sure what amount would be appropriate. Please, assist me; how gold did this end up costing?" Upon receiving an answer (an exact amount), Seth will make an informal collection from the rest of the party. {I have 50 gold to contribute}