New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High Stakes IC

1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: High Stakes IC

Alan

Alan examines the map to find the names and locations of all the banks in town.

"I should've thought of this earlier," he mutters to himself.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ian looks to Andrew and holds up a finger for a moment. He asks the man,

"So... What is this other reward? It sounds interesting. The money is nothing big."
    Had I the cloths of heaven,
    I would spread these at your feet.
    But I am poor, and have only my dreams
    and I spread these beneath your feet.
    Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!
    Awesome Agent 47 by Dr. Bath!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Andrew shrugs and waits.
    I knew this guy had something.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

((Could everyone update inventories and such in the OOC?))

Jett
    The shiv hits your fellow prisoner in the eye. He falls to the floor, screaming in pain, but the sirens of the emergency door soon drown out his screaming. Trent runs outside, onto the parking lot at the back of the building. This lot is for the cars owned by the policemen, not for the patrol cars, which are parked out front.

There was a policeman smoking a cigarette leaning on the hood of one of the cars, but as soon as Trent ranned out he grabbed his gun.

There seem to be two exits off of the full parking lot: one into a busy street and one into a somewhat less busy, smaller street.

Reptilius
    Alan discovers there are three banks in the town. There's Solomon & Sons, in the old town centre, there's Lion Banking, in the new town centre and finally the Max Corp Bank, which is in the business district. You also notice Max Corp has a huge office building in Saint Joseph Town.

The funny thing is, you're not even really sure what Max Corp does. Sure, they show up in the news all the time, Maximilian Burns is known to make loads of money and Max Corp owns various other companies, but what the essence of the corporation is? You're not sure.

deepsear & Eldan
    The man looks at Andrew.
    "Are you sure you want him hearing your reward? maybe you would prefer him to step aside?"
    Regardless of whether Ian decides to make Andrew leave or not, the man continues.
    "Right. I got a job for you. There's this man, calls himself Snape. Don't know why, it probably has something to do with all those books he reads. Anyways, Snape is a smart guy, a guy who works with numbers if you know what I mean. Snape's looking for a man he calls Hagrid. Hagrid's a large man with a beard who works in a supermarket two blocks from here, I'll give you directions. You need to find Hagrid and take him to Snape. No questions asked. I'll give you Snape's phonenumber too, so you can contact him"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

5. - Top - End - #275

Andrew smiles and nods.
    "Thank you very much, kind Sir. We will of course help you with this problem."
    He walks a few steps away, then waits for Ian.
    "Okay. This could be a dead end, but it's the only clue we have right now. Therefore, we should follow it, except if you have a better idea. Now, he mentioned a big man, so perhaps some force will be necessary. Let's hope not, though."
    He takes his knife out of his bag and sticks it under his belt, so that it is hidden by his jacket.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Right. Sure."

This is all feeling a little surreal. He puts "Snape's" phone number into his cell, and digs his bowie knife out of his suitcase. Stuffing it down his pants hurriedly, he plans to strap it on later.

With a deep sigh, he says:

"Let's move out. And if I know anything about the books, this might not be problematic work."

He begins walking to the supermarket, keeping up with Andrew.

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 2, Night

Eldan & deepsear
    Unfortunately the supermarket is closed at this time.

The same thing goes for the banks, everyone! Perhaps it's time to find a place to rest, or even some food and drink?

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

"Yah," Nicholas looks puzzled but hands his mobile over anyway, "but they're closing up. I'm finding the nearest four seasons and checking in. Its Daddy's money so I might as well pay for you two reprobates as well. Maybe it'll keep you from killing somebody for their house.

Come on,"
    he gestures as Michael, "you're the designated driver".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ailae d'Orien in When the Voice Whispers.

Deyn Aygnys in The Castle Builders

Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald in High Stakes

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Hey! Michael says in an insulted way I have NEVER and WILL NEVER kill someone, and I rarely hurt them. Yes, I steal, but 1) only when there will be no casualties, and 2) almost entirely from stores and businesses. This car came from a used car lot. He breathes a deep breath Sorry about that. I get kinda insulted if someone calls me a killer...Anyway, I'll drive, though i dont know how much gas is in the car, so you may need to fill it up. Like I said, I'm broke.

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #280

Alan

Alan realizes he hasn't eaten all day. He order a Fritalian pastry at the coffee shop, then searches for a hotel in the area on his computer.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Bakios jests annoyed and asks again "DO-WE-HAVE-A-PHONE?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent fires a shot from his hopefully loaded shotgun at the policeman, after this he runs into the smaller less busy street.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Nyc, mf11 and boomwolf
    You check in at the four seasons at the edge of town. You've got a pretty neat room there and you're not even quite too late for dinner if you'd like some.

Reptilius
    You order the pastry and scrouge it down as you look up a hotel. There's plenty in the area, so you can pick pretty much any price range. The most convenient seems to be a hotel only three blocks away called The Sisco. It's cheap, but it's website doesn't read anything but the price, and that never bodes well.

Jett
    Trent shoots the cop with a loud bang. He gets smashed into the car he was leaning on and it's alarm goes off, but with all the sirens that's hardly a bother. You run into the less busy street. It's night now, so there's barely anyone around, only the occassional car. There's a couple of 24/7 shops that are still open, but apart from that the place looks pretty much abandoned. You can hear the cops yelling on the parking lot though, and police cars being started. They'll be here soon enough.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-04-04 at 02:55 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Crap."

Ian rubs his eyes, realizing how tired, hungry, and thirsty he is.

"Maybe we should just crash somewhere. I might have enough money for a decent motel or something along those lines. You have any money?"

Ian does a Google search on his phone for a Hilton hotel in town.

(Can we do this? You can do it in real life by texting a hotel name to Google's special number for this. It'll return an address and a phone number.)

15. - Top - End - #285

"Actually, and just to prove what a genius I am: after borrowing money from everyone I knew to buy some equipment and a flight here, I forgot to actually take any of it with me. I'm broke. Not a penny."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Bakios looks for a phone and makes a call. ((PM it.))

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

deepsear
    You have no problem finding a hotel that way, but you don't really have that much money. The Hilton might be a stretch...

Bakios
    Answer PMed. You should probably let the guys that are with you see your side of the conversation though.

18. - Top - End - #288

"Just use my bloody mobile ok." Nick waves the phone at Bakios as they walk into the hotel. Booking three rooms he gets his luggage taken up to the room lights up and curls up on a bed for just ten minutes before showering. He then pops in to check on Michael, if he's taking guest he quietly edges into his room. "I just wanted to apologise for earlier. I didn't mean to insult you. You seem like a good guy and I was an idiot to mouth off to you like that. I'm sorry."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Alan

Alan looks in his wallet. He knew he should have brought more money, but then again he hadn't known what the show would be about. <If this show is going to last an entire season, I should conserve my funds. The Sisco it is then.> He walks towards the Sisco Hotel.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, its cool. I'm a bit testy when i have less than 3 weeks to live. he chuckles. So. Any ideas on how were gonna get the codes? We need all three of our codes, which is probably gonna be quite a hassle to get.

Go Tigers!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, I jest tried to arrange a bankjob, that failed.
    Maybe we should call maxwell and ask him where to get these, I don't remember him giving us any clues.

22. - Top - End - #292

"You know what, it couldn't hurt to try that. If he is keeping tabs on us he may admire our gall, if he doesn't deign to speak to us, what do we lose?"
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent looks for the nearest shadowy place where he crouches waiting for a car to come along. If it is going slow enough Trent will run at the car and fire his shotgun into the car at the driver. Well I don't see how this can get any worse.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 3, Morning

Reptilius
    The Sisco is filthy, but it has a bed and it's cheap. You wake up refreshed the next morning.

El_Frenchie, Nibleswick and Little Toe
    Since El_Frenchie dropped out and he was NPCing you, I'll NPC you now. However, your perod of being NPCed is over anyways, so I'll just do this single post and then you can take it from there.

The driver is a problem, and a pretty big one. The guys in the back can ehar what's going on perfectly, but they're stuck in the back of the truck, so they can't go help. Lundi has no choice. She quickly stabs the pig of a driver in the chest (sorry if this is a problem, but it seemed in character considering the situation...). He gasps and the shotgun goes of, piercing the roof. You're still by the side of the highway, in the truck.

boomwolf, Nyc and mf11
    You don't really have Maximilian Burns' telephone number...

Jett
    You shoot the driver of a random car passing by, which turns out to be a cop car. The guy sitting besides the driver jumps out and grabs his gun.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Michael grabs a phone book out of the room. he flips it open. B...b...b...alright...be...bo....bu...burns, there we go. If he's in here we can call him, and if he isn't, i'm sure his company is.

Go Tigers!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well... there's always some cheap Motel 8 or somethin'..."

Defeated by his pocketbook, Ian resigns himself to the closest decent motel.

"Share a room, man? Split the cost? Then maybe we won't wake up with crotch lice."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

mf11
    Maximilian Burns is obviously not listed. There are several numbers listed for Max Corp though.

28. - Top - End - #298

"We're obviously not going to be able to ring him personally, I doubt he even has a house around here. We call Maxcorp Entertainment or whoever should be making this insane television program and talk to them tomorrow. I'm going to bed." With that Nick bids them good night and bedding down in his own room locks the door and goes to sleep.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Michael gives the phonebook to whoever is gonna make the call, then returns to his room, locking the doors, and falls asleep.

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent also tries to shoot the passenger as he gets out the car. If he hits him, he gets in the car and speeds off down the road, if he doesn't he dives for the nearest cover.