New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High Stakes IC

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: High Stakes IC

"Going airborn!" calls out bakios as he rushed to the chopper saying "Nice to see you guys again." to the fellows from the bus that are on it.

((still using public computers.))

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

boomwolf, deepsear, Nyc, LostOne
    You all hop on the helicopter. It can take one more person though, so let's see if anyone else wants to come.

Jett
    All of your stuff is taken from you and you get taken away to a cell and are told you will be trailed tomorrow. Charges are for possession of drugs, violence and resisting arrest.

The cell is reasonably small and only has one window with bars in front of it. Through it, you can hear an annoying buzzing. The cell has a wooden bench with some blankets for you to sleep on, a toilet in the corner with two rolls of toilet paper and a washbasin with a bar of soap and a crusty towel. They've also brought you lunch, which consists of a sandwich packed in plastic and a bottle of water. There is a security camera outside your cell filming you.

Reptilius
    Alan still needs to answer those questions.

Eldan
    Will you be joining the people in the helicopter?
    You could do that or take the cab that has just arrived, but remember, the cab will require payment.

Nibleswick
    You have, in fact, not slept since the game began. and yes, you are getting mighty hungry, so food would be welcome. You buy something at a hotdog stand (I assume that's okay with you?) and eat it up, washing it down with a soda. Will you be going with Michaël, or will you be taking a different route to Saint Joseph town?

Little Toe
    Will you be joining Michaël?

El_Frenchie
    You find a lonely old woman who's willing to give you a ride, but only up to two exits from here, where she will visit her sister in a nursery home. Will you take this ride?
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

Nicholas looks back at Reldez as they crowd into the chopper, "Thats because I didn't tell you. He's the British ambassador to France. But believe me I'll have hell to pay for the cost of this."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ailae d'Orien in When the Voice Whispers.

Deyn Aygnys in The Castle Builders

Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald in High Stakes

4. - Top - End - #184
    Colossus in the Playground

Andrew climbs into the helicopter after the others.
    "There are few things without drawbacks.", he replies, after squeezing between the others.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 2, Noon

Nyc, boomwolf, Eldan, deepsear, LostOne
    The helicopter takes off. You arrive at the edge of Saint Joseph town in no time, where the helicopter company is based. It's a short walk to the city, but there's a bus service as well. The bus even stops at the bank...Or at least...One of the banks in Saint Joseph town. The pilot told you there's three banks when you mentioned you were going there!

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alan

1. "The bus crashed when we drove it off the road. The driver pulled a gun. That Burns filled the bus with toxic gas as part of his new 'reality show.' I have to get back to Saint Joseph in 19 days or else I'll die a presumably painful death."
    2. "Like I said, the driver. We tried to get him to turn around, but he went berserk."
    3. "Sixteen."
    4. "I did, I assume that the others did as well."
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

7. - Top - End - #187

Michaël

I will take the ride. (Just waiting on Little Toe to post)
    A Revenant

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

(Sooorrryyy )

Lundi joins Michael in the car.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Reptilius
    Alan is released and given some papers to go pick up his luggage at the impound. He's free to move around Stone Point now, but Trent has been imprisoned.

El_Frenchie & Little Toe
    You take the ride and are dropped off at a petrol station two exits further. There's a trucker there offering you a ride, but Michaël will have to ride in the back.

Nibleswick
    Are you going with Michaël and Lundi?

10. - Top - End - #190

Alan

Alan picks up his luggage from impound, then decides to take a gamble and visit the bus depot, against all precedent.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the closed car dealership, Michael walks up to the lot, and looks for an older car, preferable one old enough to probably not have an alarm.

Go Tigers!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

Nicholas thanks the pilot and hopping out of the Helicopter starts removing baggage and helping the others down, "Great, we'll do the nearest bank first, grab a map from the office and see if we need a taxi or whether we can just walk."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ailae d'Orien in When the Voice Whispers.

Deyn Aygnys in The Castle Builders

Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald in High Stakes

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Justin hops out of the chopper after Nic then turns around and helps Nic get the bags out. "Sounds like a plan to me. Eh, one thing, though. How're we going to know if it's the right bank? It's not like we have the account numbers or anything."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent picks up the sandwhich and hungrily stuffs it in his mouth. As he inspects his ceel looking for any ways of escape he looks out his window at the buzzing noise.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Reptilius
    A bus ticket is cheap, and since it's noon you can hop on the bus right away. You arrive in Saint Joseph town centre several hours later.

mf11
    You find an old volvo. It seems to have been pieced together out of two cars, but while it's not fashionable, it should still be able to drive.

Nyc, boomwolf, Eldan, deepsear, LostOne
    Where will you all be heading? The nearest bank? Is that for everyone, or are you going to split up?

Jett
    Looking through the window, Trent spots a hovering metal orb with a large lense in it. It seems to be looking at you with it's big lense eye.

An inmate on the other side of the hallway calls for you. "Hey, pal, come over to the bars, I got something to tell you!"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Michael looks around for anyone watching, and if he sees no one, pulls one of his sai from his bag and breaks one of the volvo's windows. Provide no alarm goes off, he proceeds to unlock the door. he opens the door and slams the but of the sai into the steering column of the car, hitting until the bottom half of it comes off, revealing the wires beneath it. He finds the ignition wires, locates the matching colored wires, and cuts them with his multitool, and strips them. He brings them close together, sparking them, until the car starts. He puts his bag in and takes off towards saint joseph.

Go Tigers!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent turns around and looks over toward the inmate. He approaches and says;
    Yeh? I'm listening.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

Lundi takes the ride (provided the others join in)

19. - Top - End - #199

Michaël

He will ride at the back, as suggested.
    A Revenant

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

El_Frenchie, Nibleswick and Little Toe
    Only Lundi is in the front when the truck takes off. There's a bunch of crates in the back and they all read
    "DANGER
    DO NOT T O U C H
    " in somewhat faded red letters.
    Meanwhile, in the front, the driver puts his hand on Lundi's knee.
    "Hmmmm, why are you travelling with those two losers, baby?"

Since both Nibleswick and Little Toe are being NPCed by me now (they are on a holiday, not together I assume ). I think it's best El_Frenchie answers for their actions right now, as it's in his best interest they get ahead right now.

mf11
    Surprisingly, stealing the car turns out to be very easy.
    You arrive in Saint Joseph town after several hours.

Jett
    "We need to get out of here chum, fast. They're gonna come to kill us! Look, if we work together we can escape, all right? You down with that?"
    The guy is wearing some prison clothes, while you still have your clothes (though not your stuff). They are stained with sweat. The guy is fairly skinny, and bald.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Michael parks a good distance away from the bank, preferably in front of something that would lead police to look at what the car was parked in front of for the thief, then walks to the bank.

Go Tigers!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mf11 View Post
    Michael parks a good distance away from the bank, preferably in front of something that would lead police to look at what the car was parked in front of for the thief, then walks to the bank.
    How will you find the bank?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

how big is the town? If its not to big, Then Michael will hop back in the car and drive around till he finds it. Also, could i not have seen it on the bus ride in? before the world became screwed?

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mf11 View Post
    how big is the town? If its not to big, Then Michael will hop back in the car and drive around till he finds it. Also, could i not have seen it on the bus ride in? before the world became screwed?
    The bus ride started on the edge of town. And Saint Joseph town is pretty big, actually (considering it has three banks, which is OOC knowledge).

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ian clears his throat.

"Does anyone else have a cell phone? Because what we could do is split up and check the nearest two banks, report to each other, and maybe cut some time searching. If you don't have a cell phone, we could all meet at the closer one after an hour."

He takes out his cell phone to see if he has any service.
    Had I the cloths of heaven,
    I would spread these at your feet.
    But I am poor, and have only my dreams
    and I spread these beneath your feet.
    Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!
    Awesome Agent 47 by Dr. Bath!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Michael stops as he enters town, and asks the first person hes sees for directions to the nearest bank. he packs several blocks away from the bank, then walks to it.

Go Tigers!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent looks shocked at the guy; They are gonna kill us? How do you know? Trent thinks he may have found a crazy but if it gets him out...
    What do you want me to do?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

mf11
    Michael walks into the "Solomon & Sons Bank". It seems to be a fairly large, old fashioned bank with a large hall with marble benches and marble slabs on the wall. There are several people walking around in expensive looking business suits and there are some desks, all with old fashioned ornate bars in front off them. There is a huge line in front of all desks.

Jett
    "You down? Right, so I'll need you to stab one of the guards while I distract him, okay? I made you a shiv and everything, right? I'll toss it over, okay?"
    He picks up the roll of toilet paper in his cell and rolls it over to your cell. Inside is a reasonably large shard of metal with some cloth wrapped around the least sharp end.
    "Here comes the guard now, okay? You down? Good, good, we gonna do this, right? Guard, guard, come over here! It's the toilet again!"
    The prison guard comes over to his cell, and suddenly the prisoner lashes out at him. Even though he's holding nothing in his hands the guard takes a jump and bumps into the bars of your cell.
    Last edited by MrEdwardNigma; 2008-03-24 at 06:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Michaël & Henry

They seem curious about the contents in the back of the truck, but decide to heed the warning and not touch the boxes.

Lundi

When he does so, Lundi narrows her eyes and glares at the man. She smiles wickedly, murmuring:

"Thoze two 'lozehrs' have yet to piss me off. I like to gut guys that get too familiar wiz me. Litehrally."

With those words, she takes a hunting knife out of her left boot, looking at it and giving a side glance to the man.

"Pleaze put your hand away. You did ask me to be at ze front."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-24 at 07:05 AM.
    A Revenant

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    More out of reaction than willingness Trent stabs the guard.