New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: High Stakes IC

1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: High Stakes IC

Michael gets in one of the lines to the desks. When he gets to the front, he asks the clerk Hi, my name is Michael Leaf. A friend of mine created a safety deposit box in my name in this town, but forgot to mention which bank it is in. Its very important that i get the contents of that box. Is there any way you could check if it was this bank? Thank you sir.

Go Tigers!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

Nicholas takes his luggage from the chopper and leaving it in left luggage at the heli-hire office he follows Michael into town. Eventually he makes his way to Soloman & Sons and seeing Michael further in the lines he digs out his diplobrat passport and flashing it goes up to the first passing member of staff or security guard. "Excuse me, I'm Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald. I'm so sorry to interrupt but something rather vital to me is in a bank in Saint Joseph Town, I believe that it may have been left in the possession of Soloman & Sons. Could you help me?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ailae d'Orien in When the Voice Whispers.

Deyn Aygnys in The Castle Builders

Nicholas Nuttall-MacDonald in High Stakes

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

((Still don't have my own computer back...))

Bakios attempts to catch a bus if he manages to get an easy pickpocket for some cash, if not he walks to one of the banks, nearest one. (in easy i mean-there is no way anyone will catch him, otherwise he passes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

There are several people who haven't posted for two days. Please fix this.

Jett
    Trent stabs the guard in the neck. He opens his mouth to scream, but there's only a faint whimper. Then he slumps to the floor. The guard's got a gun and the keys on his belt, which Trent quickly uses to free yourself from your cell. The hallway leads to the police offices on one side and to a locked door on the other side.
    "C'mon, you gonna free me too, right? Open the lock, man, don't just stand there, okay? C'mon, c'mon!"

mf11
    "I'm sorry sir, we don't have an account in your name, please move aside"
    A security guard pushes you aside.

Nyc
    Michael (mf11) actually got to town in a different way than you, so it's unlikely you'd be able to follow him, but let's just say you went to Solomon & Sons by yourself.

The security guard helps you push to the front of the line where he pushes Michael aside to let you through. Unfortunately, there's no account in your name either.

boomwolf
    People seem to be wary of pickpocketers here, and since it's not that long of a walk you simply head for the nearest bank, Solomon & Sons, following Nicholas (Nyc). You see Michael (mf11) in the bank too.

El_Frenchie, Nibleswick & Little Toe
    The driver pulls over.
    "I don't take kindly to being threatened. You and your two boyfriends can walk from here on"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, Nicholas, right? You were on that bus too, weren't you? Michael asks the guy behind him. Hey, this is a mighty big task. Wanna work together on this? maybe we can save both our lives.

Go Tigers!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

"And what am I? Chopped liver?" says bakios to michael, attempting to sound insulted.
    Without waiting to a responds bakios goes to one of the clerks and asks if there is a deposit box on his name.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-03-25 at 01:55 PM.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wha- Hey! Wait up! Rats... Well, does anyone else want to go to the other bank? Meet back up at the first one? Well, I'm going."

Ian tries to get to the second closest bank, walking if it's not too far away, or taking the bus or a cab if it is not.
    Last edited by deepsear; 2008-03-25 at 04:07 PM.
    Had I the cloths of heaven,
    I would spread these at your feet.
    But I am poor, and have only my dreams
    and I spread these beneath your feet.
    Tread softly, for you tread upon my dreams

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!
    Awesome Agent 47 by Dr. Bath!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

Michael

As the truck isn't moving around anymore, he attempts at opening one of the containers at the back to take a look.

Henry

Doesn't really agree at all with opening the boxes, and would close them back asap as soon as they move again.

Lundi

"I'm not leaving this cabin until you bring us to St Joseph."

Keeping a knife in her left hand, she continues:

"I don't take kindly to men that try to take advantage of this sort of situation. I hope your delivery isn't an urgent one."
    A Revenant

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Turning to bakios, Michael says My bad man, i didn't see you there. You wanna join up to? I'm welcoming all the help i can get

Go Tigers!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent takes the guards gun and holds it carefully so that he can use it at a moments notice, he is particuarly warey of his new "friend,"
    Sure, Sure Im Coming... Trent tries to take the keys and opens the other guys cell.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

boomwolf
    There is no deposit box in Bakios' name.

deepsear
    You arrive at Lion Banking and are greeted by their mascotte, a guy in a lion suit. It's a reasonably big bank and they have lots of flashy posters which advertise their special accounts.

Michael opens one of the crates carefully, finding several metal cilinders inside. They have a top that can be screwed on or off and they all have little labels on them reading "DANGER TOXIC".

Meanwhile in the front of the car the driver smiles viciously, like a predator looking at it's prey.
    "Sure, little lady, we'll move on, sure"
    His hand inches towards the space at his feet.

Jett
    The guy comes out of his cell.
    "Good. C'mon now, quickly, gimme the shiv. Where are we headin'? Back door's locked. Say we storm the front 'n kill those coppers? We can take 'em, you 'n me, right? You with me?"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Little question. What time is it?)

Ian waits patiently in line until he can get to the front to talk to a banker.

"Hey. Um, are there any accounts here that were set up by a, uh, Max Burns? It would be under Ian Reldez. If you don't have it, would it be possible for you to check the other banks here in town? Thanks."

While the banker checks, Ian takes a look in his luggage to make sure his stuff is still there, making sure that the knife is not noticed.

Thanks to The_Squid for a perfect representation of my awesome scimitar/Town character, Deepsear!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deepsear View Post
    (Little question. What time is it?)

Ian waits patiently in line until he can get to the front to talk to a banker.

"Hey. Um, are there any accounts here that were set up by a, uh, Max Burns? It would be under Ian Reldez. If you don't have it, would it be possible for you to check the other banks here in town? Thanks."

While the banker checks, Ian takes a look in his luggage to make sure his stuff is still there, making sure that the knife is not noticed.
    It's Day 2, late afternoon.
    This means most players are pretty hungry, thirsty and sleepy. Only trent had something to eat so far, I believe.

As for your question to the clerk:
    "No account in either name sir, and no, I can't check the other banks for accounts, but I'm guessing sir Maximilian Burns probably has an account in the Max Corp Bank"

Your stuff is still in your bag.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lundi

She lunges over the man, out of her seat, in an attempt to place her knife right under his throat. Her other hand goes to his to block him long enough to make him reconsider his action.

"You are one of ze reazons zat I hate men so much. Move your hand down zere some more and I will cut you open."

Henry

"Huh, why have we stopped... and can you please stop fiddling with that, Michaël, it's making me nervous!"

He moves towards the front of the truck compartment and tries to hear what's going on. Elevated voices or the like.

Michaël

"Maybe you're right... But... I'd like to keep a sample of this."

Grabbing one of the cylinders out. If it's too heavy to be lumbered around, he'll put it back inside. If it's fairly light, he'll take it with him. He looks towards the front of the truck, wondering:

"She wouldn't be having... you know? No way..."

He then closes the crate.
    A Revenant

15. - Top - End - #225

Nicholas sighs as the bank clerk can't find anything. Turning back to Michael he answers apologetically, "Yeah, I'm Nicholas, I'm but I've forgotten your name, do you want something to eat? I'm famished and I need a cup of coffee if I'm going to be able to stand up long enough to save my life. What do you say, if half an hour would make a difference we'd be dead already."
    Last edited by Nycthemeron; 2008-03-27 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Turning to Michael Bakios mutters "Not here. lets get something to eat somewhere and head to the next bank. we really need to eat, you got cash?."

((haha! I slept already! during the oporation to remove the bullet!))

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

I'm definitely up for something to eat, but i'm afraid i dont have any money. If i had some, i wouldn't be in this predicament. I have a car we can use though, if you think its a fair trade. He says, looking down sheepishly. And if they've taken my car, i'll just take another one He mentally adds.

((Michael and Bakios have gotten sleep and food already. They give you an IV and food in hospitals, plus we slept through surgury))
    Last edited by ForzaFiori; 2008-03-28 at 01:14 PM.

Go Tigers!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Bakios whispers to Michael "The situation is grim, Do you mind if we lose our moral codes for now?"

19. - Top - End - #229

"Money," Nicholas sighs, "won't be too much of a problem. Not for a day or two at least. Anyway lets get out of here, I need a cigarette, food and coffee. I've not had any sleep and I'm running on adrenaline." Nicholas rubs his eyes with his right forearm, pulling out another cigarette with his left hand. That or some charlie, there's the energy I need.
    Last edited by Nycthemeron; 2008-03-28 at 03:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

The cilinders aren't too heavy, so Michael could take one with him.

The driver smiles at Lundi.
    "You wouldn't dare"
    His hands grabs the object at his feet and pulls it out with a dry click. It's a sawn-off shotgun.

Henry can hear all that is said in the front from his position.

boomwolf, mf11 & Nyc
    Good point, Bakios and Michael have indeed eaten and slept.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ian drops his jaw.

"He has a bank here? Sheesh... Shoulda been the first place to go eh? Thanks for your help."

He runs as quickly as his suitcase will allow him to, back towards the other bank to tell everyone. He notices how hungry he is while he's running.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Colossus in the Playground

Running after Ian, Andrew comments:
    "Indeed. Let's hope we can make it there before they close. But let's rest a minute. I'm hungry. And thirsty. Need to eat and drink something before we continue. Wanna have some?"
    He takes a bottle of water and two energy bars out of his bag and offers one to Ian.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

in a fake whisper, Michael grins and answers Bakios What moral codes?

Go Tigers!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Bakios whispers "My methods of action are abit, unaccepted, by most people."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oof! That would be really nice about now."

Panting slightly, Ian accepts the food and drink, and slows to a walk.

"Thanks. I hope this last bank is the jackpot, it would reeeeealy suck for him to be lyin' to us. But I reassure myself with maybe the thought that it wouldn't be good sport for him. Y'know?"

He takes a bite of the offered energy bar.

"We hit the last bank, then I'm gonna find a hotel and get some sleep."

26. - Top - End - #236

Nicholas just looks Bakios and Michael. "I'm too tired to deal with this. Come outside with me now so we can talk." At that Nicholas just walks out of the bank, lighting up as he does and glaring at anyone who looks at him doing so.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 2, Evening

Eldan and deepsear
    You arrive at the Max Corp bank. There's a hot dog stand out front and a man behind a cardboard box, having people bet on under what shell the little ball is.
    "C'mon and play" he keeps yelling, "I offer high stakes! C'mon and play!"

The bank itself is a quite tasteful, modern building, made up with lots of grey marble and huge sheets of glass. Inside there are several desks, each with a long line of customers. Most desks are already closed because it's so late. There's also some machines where you can pick up cash and some steel designer benches. On one of these benches are the hitchhikers, who were also on the bus. They seem to be planning to spend the night here.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Trent
    Trent hesitates giving the prisoner the shiv and instead says; "Wait... how do we know that a key on this bunch doesn't open this locked door?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Michael walks out, and leads the others to "his" car.

If it is there: Its not the best, but hey, it runs right? He says, opening the drivers door. As he sits down, he points at the steering column. Your not the only one with unacceptable habits.

If it is gone: DAMN! Michael swears. We need a new car. Look for something old and beat up, something that wont have an alarm. He continues, walking down the street. My habits also are mainly unacceptable. But they're needed now.

Go Tigers!

30. - Top - End - #240

[Presuming that the car is still there.]

"I don't care how it runs." Nicholas pulls down hard in his cigarette, putting the window down and ashing out of it. "When we are talking of unacceptable habits, I'm guessing that you stole this car? So," Nicholas turns to Bakios, "what does that leave your unacceptable habit as?"
    Spoiler
    Show