Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: The Order

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default The Order

    -~*This is the first post for this game. Recruitment is closed*~-

    (Note: I will be using the thread Cyrus created as the official OOC thread for this game. It can be found here)

    The Kingdom of Worceraugh is in shambles. This once peaceful nation has been under seige by a cavalcade of nameless entities for the better part of the last seven years. The royal guard is stretched to the breaking point trying to keep up with demands for their services to suppress the attacks across the kingdom. King Taenril Tanrodusk has vowed to never submit to any of the threats, responding to each new attack with the utmost force he has available, but even he is beginning to lose hope after so many years of unrelenting bloodshed.

    However all hope is not lost. Seemingly from obscurity, an organization has come about to contest the evil; a group specially suited to rooting out all traces of any kind of evil. The Order of Illumination makes no secret that their ultimate goal is the complete and utter eradication of evil throughout the world. True to their word, wherever an Order outpost shows up, there is a sharp decline in the calamity that usually marks an average day. The king has recently taken up hiring the order as something of a private contractor to respond to threats that his own Royal Guard are unable to due to their thinned numbers.

    As with everything, there are two sides to this coin. Stories abound about the excessive force some members of the Order use in their attempts to find even the slightest form of mischief. Wrongful imprisonment, extreme interrogation practices, executions on nothing more than a shady confession and highly suspect witnesses... all things the Order has been accused of. They respond through statements issued by their outpost leaders, denying the stories and questioning their validity. "Such stories are put forth by those we confront; evildoers who wish to turn public opinion against our righteous crusade! We must not relent, but pursue even harder those who would put forth such perverse and detestable lies!" one official has been quoted. Those close to the king say he is troubled by such reports, but has yet to be presented with concrete evidence that the Order is partaking in such actions. Fearing the collapse of his country without their help, he has given them complete control over the areas they establish an outpost in, all but throwing the country in to a state of martial law.

    Such is the case as you find yourselves in North Korianth. It is a small semi-urban city, farms and huts on the outskirts and a bustling downtown area with many bazaars and shops. The Order of Illumination outpost looms large in the center of town, almost resembling a sort of castle. There's a constant cry from members outside attempting to recruit new members from the township or garner new information about the remaining criminal element in the city. The townsfolk seem to mostly ignore their shouts as they continue their daily lives. Children play in the streets and merchants move their wares from their homes to stands in order to sell. Every so often there will be a commotion as another shoplifter or pickpocket has a run in with a member of the order, but it is always short lived as the perpetrator is subdued and brought in to the outpost to undergo some of their "reformation tactics". Truly, any rogue-ish type that has eluded the Order thus far is either very good, or very lucky.
    Last edited by little_s16; 2008-03-08 at 06:43 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Morning comes with a harsh glare from the sun and the sounds of rickety wooden carts as they're pulled to the market square. The young human is awakened from his slumber despite having only gotten to sleep a few hours ago. It can't possibly be morning already... he thinks, slowly accepting the unfortunate reality that is the sun's unchanging schedule.

    Kiel rolls from his "house" for the night, packing up his bedroll and stepping out from the alley that had served as his hideout the previous night. He attempts to fix his tousled black hair and brush off his rather plain shirt and pants, with only mild success on each. An alleyway was no place for a 6 ft. tall person to spend the night, but he had little other choice in the matter. He thought he'd never lose the patrol that was chasing him. Luckily he had crossed paths with a drunk about his own size and gave him the jacket he was wearing. He felt bad about sending the guy inside the Order's outpost, but he convinced himself that he'd help the guy out somehow. Maybe he'd call in that favor from the Magistrate to get the guy an early release...

    More pressing issues came to mind with the rumble of his stomach. He wandered off in the direction of the market square to get some breakfast for the day... and a new jacket. Sure hope it's busy there today... or else they're gonna make a scene over Yzech again
    Last edited by stymaximus; 2008-03-23 at 02:38 AM. Reason: colors for thoughts

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nepphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago and Raleigh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    The dust of the road clinging to his hunter green tunic and buckskin trousers, Luc Shore made his way through the streets of North Korianth. He was of average height, with a compact and wiry build that at first glance might be taken for thinness. Dark brown-black hair hung about his face in long bangs, and a slew of equipment setting him apart from the common traveler hung around his body in like manner. A large haversack hung over one shoulder, a quiver and bow at his hip. What was either a small sword or a large dagger, with a forward-canted blade, swung at the small of his back. Perhaps most noteworthy however was the sword that hung diagonally across his back, the red hilt with blue pommel gem swinging within easy reach should he raise a hand.

    He wasn't alone, either. A large, red-and-brown furred wolf trotted at his heel, never letting more than a foot of space between them, even to the point of shouldering aside anyone who tried to pass between the two.

    The traveler's eyes roamed the town's market center as he walked, looking for accommodations, or perhaps a herald calling for work escorting a caravan. After all, he wasn't one to stay anywhere very long...
    "The only thing between us and victory is that Ogre Mage!"

    "So...defeat?"

    "...shut up."

    Avatar by the illustrious and swift Djinn_in_Tonic.

    Kurik

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sanzh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Antartica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Emerging from his room in one of the many inns, a wizard walks out towards the market square. His steel blue robes gave his profession away, not to mention the assortments of scrolls and equipment in his backpack. Laying down a couple tarnished silver coins for the innkeeper, he left, his blue eyes revealing little.

    Little was noteworthy of him-- he had very few displays of wealth. His spellbook seemed as though his daily preparation would rip it apart; his robes were smudged with dirt, and his dagger, though well-crafted, lacked decorations. All that remained was a face, and even that left little impression.

    He preferred it that way. It was easier to achieve his goals, avoiding the watchful eye of all. Let's see what there is to do today... He thought as he stepped out of the inn and into the busy market square.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    Spoiler
    Show

    A group shot of the players in my campaign.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: The Order

    Oisso

    Another cart was approaching North Korianth though it was much better maintained and masterfully painted and gilded just shy of being garish in the broad splashes of color. A dejected looking mule pulled the relatively new looking cart along, looking at other people on the road with that pitifully baleful look that all mules managed to give. A look like 'Why me? What have I done to anger the gods?' but that didn't keep it from plodding on with the same stubborn pace towards the town.

    Two passengers rode in it, only two since it wasn't a part of a caravan since they had left it behind, a man and a woman. Both of them remarkable looking people in their own way. Both had the delicate features that elves were re-owned for though the mans were more distinct and promminent. Long pointed ears swept back from his head, mostly concealed by a thick mane of blond hair that fell down to his shoulders. Deep soulful brown eyes peered thoughtfully at a, so far, blank canvas and rubbing his chin in one paint covered hand. A horse-hair brush sat in the other, the bristles well-maintained and used with the myriad of open paints sitting around him. All of which seemed to have come from an over-stuffed beige pack that sat beside his feet. Every time he reached out to paint something the cart seemed to find to hit and jostle him around which forced him to pause just before setting his brush to canvas.

    He wore a long robe that was woven with threads from every color of the rainbow, appearing white to most people though if one looked closely they could see the shimmering layers of color that made up the whiteness. A plain gray bag was tied to the belt around his waist, a wand jammed in just beside it but the rest of his possessions where in his bag. Finally placing his brush to canvas he grinned truimphantly...and then the cart jerked and sent a broad slash of color across the white expanse of the canvas and he stared at it.

    And stared. Finally he gave a sigh and set down his brush, awkwardly climbing up to the front of the cart and taking a seat beside his wife, normal sized for an elf but he hardly noticed anymore. Regretfully casting a look over his shoulder before turning to Adelin. "I know this is a country road, but there shouldn't be so many divets in it...nor do you need to hit so many. I'm just glad the mistake turned out to be okay anyway. Gei, giddy-yup!"

    Oisso's tone was teasing with the younger elf, and he truly thought of her as such despite how she may appear to some, and his 'comments' were the same sort of banter that they always had used to pass the time on long journeys such as this. Even his smile seemed to flicker when he gazed at the town though but he shook off the feeling of ill-omen and urged his mule on once more. "Hurry Gei! A bucket of honeyed oats awaits you!"

    The mule just sighed.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    Despite the early hour, the market square is rife with activity. Merchants shout out their wares, promising lower prices and better quality than their competitors. Townsfolk move among the stands. Some seem to have a mission in the way they shop, others are more exploratory, but it's no secret as to why they're here. Nearly every concievable item can be found in this square, and should the dealer like you he might actually give you a reasonable price.

    Guards move noticeably among the crowd, wary for any pickpockets or shady dealings. The sheer mass of the crowd seems to inhibit their ability to accomplish this task, but they seem unfazed. Sure enough, there is soon a man being dragged away, screaming his innocence to the gathered mass, but nobody seems to notice.

    What looks to be a mobile podium and stage is being dragged in from one of the main avenues. The flags bear the insignia of the Order of Illumination. Pulling the wooden mass seems to be a group of 10 ragged looking men in chains. Behind them are three regal looking officials, outfitted in the same colors as on the flags on the stage.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Order

    Adelin

    Adelin feels a smile hit her lips as the last bump sends her husband to join her at the front of the cart. You'd think that after more than a few years of travel he would have learned that it did more good to use the travel time to plan his masterpieces, not enact them. "You know I hit the holes just for you dear." she tells her husband with a sweet innocent smile. "You should count your blessings Oi. You're just lucky that your brush only made a mark and didn't punch through the canvas like that one time. And if you'd like to take over guiding this poor beast into town, be my guest." The mule had been her idea, without it they'd have been stuck carrying all of Ossio's equipment, but naming it "Gei" had been his idea of a joke and she hadn't cared enough to argue, so Gei it was.[hr]Adelin watches the stage be pulled into position with some trepidation. She and her husband had had run-ins with the Order before and while they had ended better than they could have, she'd rather not have a repeat encounter. With this in mind, she pulls up the hood of her cloak and adjusts it so that a heavy shadow covers most of her face, hiding her more noteworthy features. She rejoins Ossio at the back of the crowd that's gathered. "What do you think they're doing?" she asks him in a hushed whisper.
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2008-03-12 at 11:02 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    Once the stage is finished being anchored in place, the most regal of the three officials walks up the stairs and calls for the attention of the people. The other two walk up behind him dragging a man with them. He seems tired and winces frequently in pain though no visible scars or bruises show.

    The official cries out "People of North Korianth! We bring you greetings on behalf of the Order of Illumination once again on this fine day! Today is a joyous occasion, for we have caught one of the most notorious criminals this city has seen to date! Though he had eluded us for many months, last night saw an abrupt end to his reign of terror! His insignia was plastered all through the city, and behold he bears it on the back of his jacket! We bring him before you today to allow you to witness the efficacy of our methods, and as a warning to those who would do as he has done! We bring you, 'Nico the Nefarious'!"

    At the last word, the man being dragged is thrown forth on the stage, falling to his knees and not bothering to get up. Some in the crowd jeer and boo, while others cheer. In the noise it is hard to tell which emotion is directed at which party on the stage, but to be sure there are some that aren't happy with the capture of this particular man.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    (awaiting results on pending knowledge: local check)

    Though nothing quite stands out about the man on stage, something doesn't seem quite right. Unable to come up with a solid conclusion, Kiel's mind instead turns to its usual business: Well, far be it from me to turn down an opportunity like this. Unable to locate his large friend among the gathered throng, he instead goes looking for someone who would be able to help him with the task he has set his mind to.
    Last edited by stymaximus; 2008-03-19 at 03:55 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default The Order

    Oisso

    He stood up on his tip-toes, trying to get a better vantage point over the crowd as the man, this 'Nico the Nefarious', was dragged unto the stage in chains. Well he certainly didn't look very nefarious or even that...evil so to speak. Just beaten up which seemed to be the Order's establish method of doing such things. Oisso quelled the rising anger, worry coming into his blue eyes as he made sure to stick close by to Adelin in case somebody took the wrong shine to her. It was frustrating not knowing if this man deserved the fate he was getting, or even what he had done. Not to mention the sheer fact the Order was involved rankled him.

    Parting ways from his beloved, the painter shifted his way through the crowd away from her so as not to draw attention to them both at once with his busy-bodying, and looked for a particularly gregarious fellow. Sidling right up beside such a person if he could find them, the elf once again tried to get a better view before asking out loud, with full honesty in his voice. "What exactly has this guy does? Looks like the Order roughed him up pretty good...seems to me I might have heard of him if he's as bad as they say..."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gather Information Check: 1d20 4=21
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2008-03-19 at 07:07 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sanzh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Antartica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    The wizard moved slowly through the crowd, aiming to get a better look-- he was curious as to the crimes this "Nico" was being accused of. As a slight afterthought, he readied himself to cast one his defensive spells, should the need arise. He, like many, questioned the Order's practices and knew that his arrest could become a reality, despite staying on the good side of the law.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Readying an action to cast Mage Armor should things escalate and people attempt to kill me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    Spoiler
    Show

    A group shot of the players in my campaign.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    A man standing near Oisso hears his question and answers rather gruffly "Who knows? Every day the order drags some poor soul on that infernal stage. Sometimes he's guilty, more often they're not. As for this guy, I've never heard that name nor seen that insignia before, here or anywhere else. And I'm a merchant so I know my criminals, believe you me."

    Sanzh, you see a rather distinguishable elf moving among the crowd, hear him ask about the accused and can make out only parts of the response... along the lines of "... order... poor soul... sometimes guilty... not... never seen this guy..."

    Adelin, you have trouble keeping track of Oisso in the crowd, but you're able to hear what sounds like his voice questioning about the man on stage, but aren't quite able to make out the answer.

    Kiel, you are able to hear the same thing as Sanzh, but you're unable to see who's asking the question.

    Luc, you catch a glimpse of a man moving in the crowd, trying to get in a better position... and you hear the conversation between him and the merchant near perfectly.
    Last edited by little_s16; 2008-03-19 at 09:36 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nepphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago and Raleigh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    "Heel, Toby." He said it loud enough to be heard above the crowd, but pitched it downward for his wolf's ears only. The animal trotted closer still as the young scout continued to watch things. He had a clear view of the man moving through the crowds, and could hear the conversation between the merchant and the elf, so he didn't see a need to push too close. Instead he waited, standing amid the people to see just what was going on with this Order demonstration.
    "The only thing between us and victory is that Ogre Mage!"

    "So...defeat?"

    "...shut up."

    Avatar by the illustrious and swift Djinn_in_Tonic.

    Kurik

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Order

    Adelin

    Adelin stands by the wagon holding Gei's reins as the mule is kept content with the promised feed bag of honeyed oats. She's tries to keep track of her husband, but while he's tall for an elf there are taller folk among the crowd. Instead she keeps her head down and listens. She just hopes Oisso doesn't do anything rash.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Having heard enough of a nearby conversation to justify his chosen course of action, Kiel sets about trying to find the man who had just asked about the prisoner. I just hope I can find someone capable of helping me free this guy...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search check: (1d20+4)[22]
    Last edited by stymaximus; 2008-03-23 at 01:48 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    Kiel, you make your way through the crowd and find the man who questioned about Nico.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Having found who he believes is the man who sought more information on the "criminal" on the stage, Kiel sidles up to the man, slightly shorter and much leaner than himself, and tries to start up a conversation. "I hear tell this man before us on the stage is most likely innocent. Pity he must suffer under the thumb of these ruffians under the guise of 'rehabilitation'. Don't you think?" Kiel looks at the elf again, his deep green eyes searching for some kind of sign that this man is willing to help him.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nepphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago and Raleigh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Still hearing the conversation going on before him, Luc found himself increasingly interested, and slowly moved himself through the crowd toward the gathering. He didn't come close enough that he'd expect to be noticed, but he did try to cut about half the distance between him and what looked to be a growing little conspiracy.
    "The only thing between us and victory is that Ogre Mage!"

    "So...defeat?"

    "...shut up."

    Avatar by the illustrious and swift Djinn_in_Tonic.

    Kurik

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sanzh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Antartica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Despite being rather curious, both as to the elf and the remark made, the wizard still kept his distance, moving closer only by a few, small steps. He wished to help the "criminal", but the punishment exacted by The Order for such actions was something he'd rather avoid. However, he listened more intently to their conversation.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Making a Listen check to hear their conversation better.
    (1d20+2)[14]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    Spoiler
    Show

    A group shot of the players in my campaign.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    Sanzh, in the future, spot and listen checks are reflexive things... i'll take care of the rolls for you in the future. As it stands with your roll, you are too far away to make out the exact conversation you're looking for. You hear something about the guy being innocent, and something about unfair prices for livestock.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Order

    Meticulously examining the handiwork of the smithy, a good twenty minutes pass from the time he had initially picked up the weapon until the towering behemoth of a man becomes sufficiently content with his analysis of the wares. Thanking the blacksmith for his time, he ducks to clear the entrance of the stall and shields his eyes from the sun, taking in his surroundings once more. Oblivious to the Order's proceedings, he takes a moment to consider in the scene across the street while reattuning his eyes to the bright light of day. Here, his massive stature again attracts the attention of more than a few eyes in the market square - standing fully extended at the height of a one story building, it's conceivable that he attracted the attention of people that weren't in the market square, too. Regardless, with his heavy cloak drawn high and tight to keep his features shrouded in darkness, he takes an indirect route toward the stage, looking for a relatively safe vantage from which he can survey the scene.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    The speaker on stage hears the different reactions of the crowd and grows noticeably agitated. He's not too happy with the ones that are protesting this display. He begins again, "Do you not see the success of our crusade against evil apparent before you?! Must you mock our goals by protesting this criminal's capture?! The heinous deeds he and those like him commit must not go unpunished!" His voice is nearly drowned out by the throng of voices, some calling for the speaker to get off the stage, some calling for the head of 'Nico' and yet others just trying to barter for goods at the stands.

    The guards, once passively roaming the crowd, are now moving in to positions around the stage, the crowd becoming noticeably more agitated to even the most clueless observer.

    Sense Motive checks:
    Oisso
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something doesn't feel quite right about the man on stage... he seems unsure about something.


    Adelin
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're positive this guy is lying about something, and you have a good idea it's about the prisoner.


    Sanzh
    Spoiler
    Show
    You find nothing wrong with the speaker's tone or speech. He honestly believes what he is saying is 100% accurate.


    Luc
    Spoiler
    Show
    The speaker seems on edge, but you can't tell if it's because of the angry crowd or whether he's lying about 'Nico'.


    Kiel
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the speaker squirm noticeably, seemingly moreso as he speaks of 'Nico's guilt.


    Alethou
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice something fishy going on onstage, but you can't figure out what.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2008

    Default Re: The Order

    The cloaked figure takes one glance at the stage before moving on to a side street as if he was completely disinterested with the happenings on the stage.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Evil on the Order members and the guards, followed by a hide/move silently roll after I head away from the center of attention.
    Hide: 25
    Move Silently:24
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1540431/
    Rolls do not include an possible modifiers offered by the crowd and other circumstantial things.
    Last edited by Alethou_Theou; 2008-03-26 at 07:47 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Callos_DeTerran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ...

    Default Re: The Order

    Oisso

    The handsome blond haired elf remained silent for a lone moment, merely staring up at the stage as if waiting for...something. Some sign or action that would tell him the proper method to act or just what to do. Nothing really came so he was left to his own devices. His own devices wanted to charge up there, fingers ablazing.

    A compromise was reached.

    "It is a shame...but I hear that he's not going to be up there for very long. That some valiant types were going to try and break out 'Nico' to get to the bottom of all this. I also heard that in about twelve seconds their going to start their attempt." Muttering under the roar of the crowd as the flustered speaker tried to reign in the crowd once more. He truly didn't seem like the public speaking type but that wasn't the point here. Turning his head to give the fellow who had approached him a knowing look as a hand dipped into the folds of his clothes to the spell component pouches sewn into the interior.

    When he pulled it free he carried a small crystal rod in it, filled up on the inside with a glowing moss that glowed dimly in the middle of the day. Waiting, counting down the time he had given in his head, until the time had come before glancing over his shoulder to Adelin and giving an apologetic shrug. Already his hands were flowing through the gestures for his spell, a personal favorite at the moment...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting two full rounds before casting Hypnotic Pattern up at the stage. Going to try and catch the Order guys primarily, though if it's possible to catch a guard or two as well then I won't object. Will Save DC 16
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

    Spoiler
    Show




  25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground
     
    nepphi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago and Raleigh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Things are certainly looking interesting. Luc thought as he watched the little gathering discuss their plans to disrupt the public event. It was decision time, and he made his.

    "We never seem to be out of trouble, do we Toby?"

    The wolf had no comment, so Luc just chuckled and put a hand to his quiver.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to ready the bow and an arrow, close to his body and held low so as not to attract overt attention.
    "The only thing between us and victory is that Ogre Mage!"

    "So...defeat?"

    "...shut up."

    Avatar by the illustrious and swift Djinn_in_Tonic.

    Kurik

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sanzh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Antartica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Spoiler
    Show
    The wizard's name is Aurnan, by the way. I should have mentioned it.

    Hm. Aurnan thought to himself. Altough there isn't any evidence to it, he seems convinced that this man is guilty. With no further evidence to base himself on, and not yet wanting to attract attention, he waits, wondering if someone will intervene or if "Nico"'s life will be taken by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    Spoiler
    Show

    A group shot of the players in my campaign.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Kiel grins slightly, relishing the ease with which he found a willing accomplice. "Well, then I guess that those who wish to help this man shall need to make their move soon, lest they lose their chance. Those poor souls, it truly isn't their day to have been posted to guard duty in the square..." Kiel clenches his fists, preparing to start his day off right.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving towards the stairs as non-chalantly as I can, attempting to gain a flank on one of the guards.
    Last edited by stymaximus; 2008-04-01 at 01:26 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location

    Default Re: The Order

    Alethou, you manage to move unnoticed by the majority of the crowd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The speaker on stage is the only evil one among the ones on stage


    The guards notice some suspicious movement among the crowds, but seem to busy trying to keep the rest of the crowd at bay to take much action against them. They seem to be preparing their weapons while keeping an eye on the select members of the crowd.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Consider this the last round of preparation. You all know what comes next: roll initiative.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    kuja.girl's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central valley, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Order

    Adelin

    For a moment Adelin manages to catch a glimpse of Ossio's face. What she sees isn't encouraging. She sighs and reaches back into the wagon for her bow. Her husband, genius he is in some respects, was not gifted with much common sense.

    Checking that Gei is securely tied up, she joins the edge of the crowd, staying towards the back where she'll be of more help.

    initiative: (1d20+3=7)
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Sanzh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Antartica
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Order

    Noting that the guards are drawing weapons, Aurnan immediately readies himself, casting several of his many protective wards. He draws his dagger, mostly for the comfort of having more than magic to protect himself. It's a shame that they always resort to violence. He thinks.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm assuming the guards drawing weapons counts for setting off my readied action, allowing me to cast both Mage Armor and Shield. If not, then I'll just cast Mage Armor.
    Iniative: (1d20+8)[20]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    It's not properly game breaking if you haven't already rigged the initiative results or figured out how to ensure that you act first.
    Spoiler
    Show

    A group shot of the players in my campaign.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •