New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crossing the Worldwalls: Prologue [IC]

Azariah, picking up the trinitite rods that she left at the door of the worldship, slings them over her back.

You are right. I shall follow up the lead with regard to the mirror, zinc, and suchlike. Also, the prospect of having some incredibly potent acid on hand is not an entirely unattractive one.

She giggles, and bounds off down the gangplank, looking for merchants to pester.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to be absent, but now I'm back. Azariah will proceed to look for the nearest reputable looking person, and asking him or her where she might find a merchant selling strong acid, or metals.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Crossing the Worldwalls: Chapter One[IC]

Erasmus is eventually directed to a northen sector of the city, known as the Kaineng Center. Once there, he is informed that the easiest way to find the information that he is looking for would be to inquire with the Ministry of Earth. He is pointed to a large building that houses the part of the Ministry that manages the records of spellcasters in the city.

After asking a few merchants, most of which are slightly thrown off by Azariah's bubbly personality, she is informed that the most reliable seller that would have these items is Ho Dim, who takes up shop in the maze-like Wajjun Bazzar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, anyone who wants to do something different then what these two are doing, go ahead and post.
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Talask kept near Azariah, and, when she was busy with one merchant, asked others about the locations of the Luxon and Kurzick 'courts' (that is, where the leaders of the vassal states generally lived).

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to stick close enough to Azariah to lend a hand if she needs it, but not so close as to cramp her....unique style. Think 30ish feet, maybe more.
    Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, 'ow's yer soul? "
    But it's " Thin red line of 'eroes " when the drums begin to roll
    The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
    O it's " Thin red line of 'eroes, " when the drums begin to roll.

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

4. - Top - End - #94

The merchants Talask asks are general unsure of where exactly the two factions hold their courts; for they never venture far into the Vassal Lands, to avoid being caught up in the war. You do however hear of who controls what.

The factions the wilderness to the east of the city. With the Kurzicks controlling the petrified Echovald Forest in the south; and the Luxons controlling the northern Jade Sea.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey guys, sorry for being so lacking in the post department(that sounds like mail) but this character's a real challenge for me to roleplay. I'll still be here and attempt to post way more than what I am now.

Huu scratches his chin, "Alright, gentlemen, be back in a few." With that he heads off into the crowded streets. He asks around here and there for information on the Emperor... after 20 minutes of looking he gets what he needs, and unfortunately for him he can't go through with his original plan...
    He begins the second phase of his plan, looking throughout the artists of Keineng center for pictures of the emperor, and when he finds it, he begins to stroll away again.
    "Alright, Huu, this is where you excel..."
    He finds a hidden alley-way, making sure no one can see him and he begins to transform himself, changing his face and his clothing(thanks to his vestment of many styles) to look exactly like the emperor.
    He then walks out into the middle of Keineng center with as proud a face as he can, attempting to make himself look as he did in the portraits of him. "My people! I call upon you all to aid me!" He looks upon the closes guard, "You! Come here!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise: (1d20+17)[32](including a +2 from acting, due to my ranks in Bluff)
    If I see anyone in my party, I wink at them.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

6. - Top - End - #96

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright guys, this is when I need to know exactly where and who everyone is and is with. Its time for some interesting things to start happening, And don't worry, you'll get involved in something no matter where you are.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

7. - Top - End - #97

Spoiler
    Show

I'm with Azariah, wherever she is.

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

8. - Top - End - #98

Spoiler
    Show
    Just getting to the Ministry.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Since we seem to have split up, I'll be shadowing Huu. I will just try to look like a bystander, but somewhere in the shadows where I'm not easily noticed. Close enough to act if there's trouble, but not close enough to be noticed.

Hargil shadows Huu as he moves along towards Kaineng center. Seeing Huu wink at him, Hargil raises an eyebrow, but goes along with it. He begins to mentally prepare himself in the event that there are assassins out to get the Emperor.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Damn, Krimm, just damn,

Azariah smiles to herself as, behind her, the Emperor of Kaineng begins his oratorial entreaty to his people.

Ducking out of sight into an alcove-like door, the Observer waits for Talask to move past her, and then suddenly leaps out, instantly matching pace with him, wandering throughout the bowels of the Wajjun Bazaar.

So, hear anything interesting? The cultural disconnect here, from what affairs are like back in - would you call it the real world? - is startling. So much difference. Anyway, we're looking for a Mr Doom ... a He Duarm ... Hi Def?

Beginning to slightly panic, at having lost the scrap of paper that she wrote the man's name down on, she rifles through the bag that she carries with her. There is a great deal of stuff in there - much of it made of the strange, slightly tingly trinitite, that Azariah seems to favour, even a strange green-tipped wand made out of a white stone - but no paper.

Er ... well, needs must.

She walks up to the nearest figure she can find in the street and addresses him or her in an earnest, respectful, and totally dated tone.

Prithee, sir, would you know of a merchant, a He Duarm around here? I was told that I could find him for some informational trading.

11. - Top - End - #101

Hearing the "emperor's" call, everyone in the Center immediately falls to their knees and bows, with cries of "Long live the Emperor!"

"Your highness?" The surprised guard moves to Huu, looking very, very nervous. "What is it you ask of me?"

---------------------------

The man that Azariah greets eyes her in a suspicious manner. He wears blue, cloth armor, and the top half of his face is covered by a mask of the same color.

"I can't say that I've ever heard of someone by that name." He says, looking as though he's sizing her up. "But what could be so important that you'd come to the Wajjun Bazzar?"

Upon him saying that, you notice that he is the first person you've seen since you entered the area about ten minutes ago.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

"I ask of you this, my loyal servant: Where is the nearest battle of the civil war to here?" He maintains his imposing stature, "Answer well and find yourself in my debt." He puts a hand on the guards shoulder, trying his best to seem like a father figure.

He also looks around, raising an eyebrow, "And the rest of you! Are you not my guards?! Stand about your emperor and protect him!"

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been looking for someone to ... how do I say this without revealing my intentions ... cut a few deals with. Said deals may not be entirely legitimate, or, at least, would be of a sort and nature that would be frowned upon by the majority of people. Information. Chemicals. Magic items. That sort of thing. I had heard that Mr Duarm, or whatever his name is, might be willing, or at least capable, of doing business in this sector. Would you know of anyone else who would be knowledgeable about such channels?

Spoiler
    Show
    And now, a terrible listen check, to see if Azariah can hear anyone else nearby (1d20-2)[18]. Like, say, behind her.

14. - Top - End - #104

Spoiler
    Show

yhea, she can hear someone. me.
    anyway, MY listen/spot rolls to spot an ambush if one comes.
    listen: 1d20+1= 18
    spot: 1d20= 13

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing everyone kneel down, Hargil does the same, taking the opportunity to glance around to see if there is anything suspicious or out of the ordinary. He does it long and slow to avoid being noticed.

Spotting a small man with a beard, Hargil scrutinizes him for a while, then moves on. He also scans the rooftops and alleyways that branch off out of the square.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not entirely sure if I am going to be ambushed, but I figure I have the time to take 20 on a spot check? If not, here's the roll.

(1d20+2)[16]

16. - Top - End - #106

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure what short, bearded man you're talking about Neftren...

"Yo-yor-your hi-highness," the guard stammers, stepping back in fear and what looks like shame, "th-the other guards are a f-few minutes away they-"

"My lord, if I can interrupt," A man in blue armor rises out of the crowd and approaches, but not too close. "What I have no doubt your guard is trying to say is that, it is unsafe for you to be out here, so poorly defended. Especially with the Luxons walking around so unhindered."

"A curse on your house, Kurzick swine!" Another man rises out of the crowd, this one in red and black robes. "The only terror anyone has to fear is from you petrified deceivers!" With that, one hand goes to a metal staff, and the other sparks with lightning.

"You're out of your league, frozen fool!" The armored man says, grabbing the large hammer off his back.

----------

Azariah and Talask hear nothing unexpected, besides any sounds they might be making themselves.

"I know of one such man." The masked stranger says, "He is known as Ho Dim, he prides himself on knowing everything that happens on the continent. I was just with him, but I can lead you there, but if I do, we must move fast. This is a dangerous area."

----------

Erasmus enters the building. On the outside, it looks fairly small, but once through the doors, it becomes obvious that most of the rooms lay underground. Not far from the door, a young woman sits at a desk, with a few scrolls. Behind her, many others sit at alike desks, sifting through scrolls and parchment and writing furiously.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Men! Have you no honor!? You dare fight before your lord without express permission!? Guards! Seize them and restrain them!" He points ever so menacingly at the men. "Unless you two would show your loyalty by stopping this and continuing to bow before your emperor!"
    "And for the sake of all Kanitha, someone get me a drink."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Erasmus walks up to the young woman, keeping his arms free in his sleeves in case he needs to act quickly.

"Do you know of a mage named Yeago Dornahall? He arrived in the area some time ago, and I need to speak to him."

Erasmus is trying not to give too much away, but he realises that the name may not be recognised- but it's the only lead he has right now.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Azariah bows to the man.

Thank you, kind sir. It is good to see that the concept of ξενία still enjoys some level of acknowledgement in this land.

She smiles.

For a while, I must confess that I believed that you were of a similar, hostile mind, but now I see that I am mistaken. It may be a good idea, however, to, as you say, keep this violence away from us. Arm's length, perhaps.

Almost out of nowhere, she whips out a long, glittering ... piece of stone? It does seem to be nothing but a thin crystal strip, but she handles it like a weapon, when not jauntily leaning on it as a walking stick.

Lead on, sir, and thankyou. One thing, however - I did not catch your name? I go by the honorific 'the Blind Observer', and my friend 'the Ebony'. Rather stuffy, I realise, but given that not one of us can pronounce anothers' name, it helps.

Spoiler
    Show
    OH YEAH GREEK CHARACTERS ARE BACK! Ahem.

20. - Top - End - #110

Talask leaned in, and gently, wispered into Azariah's ear.

" While one should always be prepared, it is usually a good idea to only weild weaponry when one is planning to use it on someone. People tend to get nervous when talking to someone who has a unsheathed weapon in hand."

ooc
    Spoiler
    Show

Ellas, this tongues trick of ours, is it selective? i.e. can i choose to turn it off, speak in one or a few select languages, or is every word i say translated into every language the ear-piece knows? It would be useful to know wether i can talk to other party memebers without the NPC's automatically understanding
    Last edited by Storm Bringer; 2008-04-24 at 02:53 PM.

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

21. - Top - End - #111

Spoiler
    Show
    You can consciously choose to speak a certain language, but by doing so, you stop other earpieces from translating your words. So if you wanted to do this, I would recommend speaking a language you both know.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

22. - Top - End - #112

Spoiler
    Show

so it has 'omni' and 'single' settings then?

the trouble is, Illiterate Scribe hasn't choosen any languages.

But anyway, the need to share a language is small, as i can just talk to her in her local version of common and she can talk in my local version of common.

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In Talask's ear.

Btw, Trinitite.

EDIT:Whoops, missed my illiteracy. Fixed now. Common and Auran are racial, and sign comes from the INT score.

Eek ... whoops? I hope that I'm not scaring him. I never thought of myself as very scary. I'll make amends - but not take down our guard.

She straightens up.

Sorry for the, heh, furtive whispering, it's just so amazing being here - in this place! Say, after we see ... Ho Dim, could we buy you a drink? There are some ... things about this city that we would like to know.
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2008-04-24 at 05:15 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

"It's not him I'm worried about, it's Ho Dim" Talask said, pronoucing the name correctly, if with a little difficulty."Anyone who holds shop in such an area is not going to take kindly to someone marching in with sharp things in hand." Talask guestured at the green crystal in Azariah's hand. "what is that, anyway? a wand?"

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Aah, you have a point. I'll be sure to stow it afore we meet him. Anyway, it's a just a trinitite rod, although it packs quite a wallop.

She bonks Talask lightly on the head with it.

I'm hoping to enhance it with some sort of preternatural force someday, but now; it's just a rod. I try to use this material for everything I make - there's something somehow unusual about it. Wands - they're exactly the same objects, just infused differently. Mark 'em with a single Auran character.

26. - Top - End - #116

"hmm, most intresting." talask said, then turned to the waiting stranger. Anyway, lead on, my good fellow."

"Tommy", Rudyard Kipling

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

As Azariah walks through the winding streets of the market, she turns to the

So, what sort of man is this Ho Dim, then - is he an occult practitioner himself, or a sage, or what?

Let me tell you a story about a man named bump.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Hargil twitches impatiently in the shadows. Shrouding himself in his cloak, he prepares to manifest his blade if needed.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

"The Emperor" taps his foot impatiently, awaiting his drink.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

"Sir!" The two opponents shout as they fall to their knees, all thoughts of the fight flying away from their minds. "I beg your forgiveness, your highness!"

The few guards that have arrived quickly move towards the two, but look to their "emperor" to give the word before doing anything.

A few moments later, an old man approaches Huu, but stops before he gets too close. Falling to his knees he holds a small decanter out in front of him. "Your highness, if it is drink you desire, then please, take this. It is some of the finest in all the city."

For Neftren's Eyes Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    You yourself don't seem to be in any imminent danger, however, something just doesn't seem right with the old man. It could be that his voice doesn't sound old enough, or it could be the small amount of black hair sticking out from the grey wig he is wearing.

--------------------

"Dornahall?" the young woman speaks the name slowly, it sounding very foreign to her. "One of the stranger names I've heard. But if he lives on the continent, then we have a record of him. Do you know what kind of magic he specializes in?"

--------------------

"Front line combat has never been a specialty of mine, but as long as we don't encounter any Luxon, we shouldn't have to worry about trouble." the masked man says, motioning for Azariah and Talask to follow him. "My name is Erys du Heltzer, pleased to meet you."

As you walk on, he he doesn't seem to notice you talking in other languages, but his movements seem to become ever more cautious.

"I may take you up on that drink, if we make it out of here." He says, slightly softer, "Ho Dim fancies himself as a mesmer, but his true power comes not from mind magic, but from information. There are rumors that he has dirt on the heads of the four ministries, and even that of the emperor himself. He never lies, but trusting him may be the last thing you do. In fact, " He glances around a corner, "He tends to let his pets wander around here, so be cautious."

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters: