New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf II: Part 3

Count me in for another game.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm in! Let the blood run freely if I'm a werewolf
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

3. - Top - End - #123

To speed things along in the coming game, I suggest the following:
    -Multilynch: In addition to the one killed by the plurality or majority of the votes, anyone with 5 or more votes at the end of the day is also lynched.
    Hmmmmm. I think this is a bad idea. It gives the wolves or the masons an instant lynching and it makes the voting for a majority pointless. Now if its tweaked to 5 or more votes for 3 days straight, I think that balances it out a bit better, but it seems overpowered to me.

-Faster Werewolves: The wolves may kill one villager per group of 4 werewolves. Any remaining wolves are rounded up.
    1-4 wolves -> 1 kill
    5-8 wolves -> 2 kills
    9-12 wolves -> 3 kills
    ...etc
    More werewolves need more people to eat. Hmmmm. Makes sense, but I do feel that the wolves were at a huge disadvantage this game, so I may see a need to buff them up that the non-wolves don't agree with.

Also, I think we need an auto-lynching for anyone caught sending PM's exploiting the messages sent out to the different roles. Selrahc pointed out that he was influenced by this, and he probably wasn't the only one. Also, it gave the sender an idea of who not to vote for.

Oh, and I'm in for 3.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Somewhere between here, but not so far as there.

Sign me up for the next game

A Little Nonsense now and again, is valued by the wisest man. ~ W. Wonka

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maskedllama View Post
    Also, I think we need an auto-lynching for anyone caught sending PM's exploiting the messages sent out to the different roles. Selrahc pointed out that he was influenced by this, and he probably wasn't the only one. Also, it gave the sender an idea of who not to vote for.
    Hense the reason I ate a cetain someone....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by maskedllama View Post
    Hmmmmm. I think this is a bad idea. It gives the wolves or the masons an instant lynching and it makes the voting for a majority pointless. Now if its tweaked to 5 or more votes for 3 days straight, I think that balances it out a bit better, but it seems overpowered to me.

More werewolves need more people to eat. Hmmmm. Makes sense, but I do feel that the wolves were at a huge disadvantage this game, so I may see a need to buff them up that the non-wolves don't agree with.

Oh, and I'm in for 3.

Since I'm here, I'll put in my initial 2p.

Multilynch...Well, it's a fine balance between speeding up a game and giving groups a free kill.

More food - more wolves, it sounds good, depending on the number of players, I'd be happy to include it.

Role message exploits - I'd had a few thoughts on this during my lecture earlier.
    I was thinking of two different ways of dealing with it;
    Posting all the role messages at the start of the next game, taking a leaf from Korith and how he dealt with it mid-game, but dealing with it before it could be an issue.
    Sending unique posts to everyone, more work for myself and Weebl admittedly but it prevents it being used to decypher roles. Though I realise as well that if that's picked and there's lot of players, there's only so far you can alter messages...

Obviously these are just my initial thoughts and Weebl may have completly different ones, don't take this post as an indication of how thing'sll be done, it all still needs to be discussed between us...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm kind of wishing I'd never thought up the role message exploit thing... So much work for the Narrators. I should have at least thought to just PM it to them rather than say it on the thread. /shrug, at least it means it gets dealt with.

What was Koriths idea to stop openly decrying the role of important villagers?

8. - Top - End - #128

Grats to the villagers! I've been checking in on this thread every couple of days or so and catching myself up. I didn't want to constantly post since I was already dead and I didn't want to influence the votes, but I was around. Definitely sign me up for WW III

9. - Top - End - #129
    Halfling in the Playground

I, of course, am in for the third game.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Selrahc View Post
    What was Koriths idea to stop openly decrying the role of important villagers?
    The fact that the wolves could do anything the villagers could...if not better.

Oh right...Strategy Discussion.

On the Villager Side:
    • Information is your ally. The more (reliable) information you can get onto the table, the better off you are. There are a handful of methods you can use to attempt to discern the Villagers from the Werewolves.
    • Your advantage is in your numbers. Be aware of the number of turns it will take for you to defeat The Werewolves, and the number of turns it will take for The Werewolves to defeat you. The higher an edge you hold in this area, the better your chances of victory.
    • The Werewolves seek to spread misinformation. It's crucial to understand their tactics as well as your own.
    • Your tools are limited, but existent. On your side, you have The Masons, The Seer, The Fool and The Baner.
      • The Masons are the central hub of villager information. Typically, they should try to drop a few hints that will draw the attention of The Seer, as once The Seer has identified a Mason, he can attempt to introduce himself to the group and build the basis of a villager intelligence agency.
      • The Seer and The Fool should keep an eye out for the above hints from The Masons. He should also be aware of the chance that he is actually The Fool. It's highly recommended that The Seer very closely check his divinations against the information revealed by the Narrator. As soon as a discrepancy is revealed, The Seer can safely assume he is The Fool, and avoid spreading misinformation among his peers.
      • The Baner is the front line defense against the wolves. He wields two weapons against the wolves: The first is anonymity, which is threatened so long as The Devil survives. The second is his ability to take a guess at who The Werewolves will attack, and to protect that person from their activity. One Baner strategy involves attempting to bait the wolves either by taunting, by claiming to be the baner, or by pretending to be another critical role. Such a move often puts The Baner at risk of being scanned by The Devil, but if The Baner suspects that he is known, he may elect to protect himself at night.

On the Werewolf Side
    • You have more tools than the villagers, but less resources. You have four lines of defense to work with as you gradually cull the village population.
      • Misinformation is the best tool a wolf can have. The primary source of information available to the villagers in the early stages of the game is in the voting patterns. Make sure your votes are completely indistinguishable from the votes of another villager. If a villager makes a convincing argument about the identity of one of your teammates, do not hesitate when it comes time to vote for them. The villagers will most reliably learn of your identity and that of your teammates if you always vote for the same villager, or if you never vote for a werewolf. Always be mindful of what information you will hint at when making a vote, and sculpt that information into a fine web of deceit to trap your enemies. The primary goal of misinformation is to solidify the manner in which the villagers play the game into an exploitable strategy.
      • The next tool a wolf should fall to is unity. Provided you can maintain the guise of independently arriving at a decision, you have the ability to direct the flow of votes at strategic times. Avoid tracing a pattern whereby one wolf's vote is followed by anothers, but do so on some occasions anyway. This part of the game plays much as Rock-Paper-Scissors. If the villagers are seeking unified wolves, play a divergent strategy. If the villagers are seeking divergent wolves, play a random strategy. If the villagers are seeking random wolves, play a unified strategy. Whatever you do do, consult with your fellow wolves on your voting strategy, and take advantage of their observations and thought processes. You may well have 8 minds to wield against a swarm of individuals - take advantage of the edge this provides.
      • Your nightly kills seem an obvious tool, but are also a threat of leaking information. If the wolves always kill those who taunt them above the table (perhaps Bookman accuses Death, and Bookman dies in the night as Death opts for revenge?), they may eventually become revealed to the villagers. If the wolves never respond to threats, the villagers may suspect those taunted of being the wolves. Again, this part of the game plays much as Rock-Paper-Scissors. Predict what the villagers will come to anticipate, and work around it in the same manner as you do with unity. If you can solidify the village thought process in this regard, you can then begin to select your kills to generate the most impact. Try to direct the thought processes and perceptions of the villagers with your killing towards the mid- or late- game, baiting villagers to accuse other villagers of a particular werewolf strategy.
      • Finally, for the true Thesbian among Werewolves, there is the true art of deception. A werewolf in this position coordinates with his team to direct a rising opinion against his teammates to win the trust of the village. Often this may involve masquerading as The Seer. As we saw this past game, a Seer who reveals wolves becomes immensely trustworthy. This strategy should not always be attempted at the start of the game, and a given player should avoid using this strategy within the space of 3 games of werewolf. Alternatively, the wolves may use this strategy to "call out" the Baner or Seer by claiming to be either. If the Baner/Seer reveals themselves to denounce the claim, a quick-witted werewolf will be able to turn opinion against these "fakes" while a slower-witted wolf will have at least revealed to his team the target of their next killing.

For everyone, remember that there is a countermeasure for every strategy your opponent has. For the wolves, you're best to anticipate a given strategy and negate it before it can be used. For the villagers, creative methods of ordering the information are your key to success. Wolves can counter most strategies if they are willing to sacrifice one of their own to do so. This one member could declare that any open individual is a wolf cover and attempt to direct the lynching (and be ready to suffer it next turn). Villagers can do well to try to build their own networks through private messages, but should beware situations such as Alarra where your trusted "friend" is, in fact, the enemy.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Must get in on next game! I'm in!

12. - Top - End - #132

If you could please, sign me up for the next round. I misssed WW II by 2 hours and I dont want to miss this one. Good game by the way to everyone..read the whole thing. Riveting..

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

13. - Top - End - #133

*B-Man nominates himself to play in round III.

*sigh* I miss the /me tag...
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I want to be in next round....as does TheChris.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

15. - Top - End - #135

PaladinGuy

Count me in for next game too.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

16. - Top - End - #136

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I'm in the next round. I'm totally in the next round. I also plan to be "the goblin who lived".
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Joosbawx View Post
    I, of course, am in for the third game.
    My good friends salt and pepper would like to join to.
    Inner Circle The Cookie Raid

Spoiler
    Show
    Credits: Avatar; ChrisTP Signature: Sneak, Trog, Ceika and Gengy
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Life is the set up and Death's the punchline line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    I give you the Master of sarcasm, (and puns).
    DEATH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Aww, dammit! You know I can't smite you when you're wearing those things!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Oh, Captain Jack Sparrow, you must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

18. - Top - End - #138

Aah! I will join the game! On Halloween no less. ~_^

19. - Top - End - #139

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Dear god no! Charlie Brown-hungry Reapers... Goblin-hating devil-llamas.... propaganda spewing leprechauns... I swear in the next game I'm just going to e the traveller who gets stuck in town because of the mess.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #140

You'll get over it.

Sign me up!
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Newer shiny list

Narrator(s):
    Weebl
    Kantur

Players (21 so far):
    Korith
    Veecher
    Selrahc
    DLD
    Kyrian
    Death (of Pixies )
    Joosbawx
    Deckmaster
    Bookman
    MaskedLlama
    Cain
    Tormsskull
    Calas / Eldritch Knight
    Ace0584 / gnome_barbarian
    B-Man
    Allara
    TheChris
    Evnafets
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Ms Elaneous
    Lucky
    Last edited by Kantur; 2006-10-31 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Future name changes

22. - Top - End - #142

While I was mearly a small cog in a big machine, I enjoyed this past game. Toss my name in for round 3!
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

23. - Top - End - #143

Just to let everyone know this is gnome_barbarian...hopefully my name switches soon

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Duley noted. If anyone else intends to change their name when the option's available, could you let us know to save confusion later please.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll be changing my name back to the Eldritch Knight... Which will also be the name for one of my characters in City of Villians...... Coincidence? Not really...

26. - Top - End - #146

I was suspecting Kyrian at the beggining, but got misguided by Alarra's attitude!! DAMM you, Psychic paraniodical flashes!!!

I 'm actually punished for now, and i'm currently sneaking on the pc's while my family is celebrating "Dia de la Cancịn Criolla", so i don't think i'd be for the beggining of the next game...

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Mal, you only suspected me in the beginning because of our relationship in Town. There was no way that you could truthfully have had any suspicion of me after the first kill...BEFORE I even posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murky_Pool View Post
    Kyrian has been linked to a murder, expect news or explosions in the future
    Mik the Werewolf

Inside of Jacket:

28. - Top - End - #148

Actually, i had some, mostly because you weren't posting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmagor Andrigal View Post
    DAMM you, Psychic paraniodical flashes!!!
    Granted, anyways....

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

29. - Top - End - #149

I'll join in for round 3 as well, assuming it's not a paranoia game, which doesn't really appeal to me, perhaps because being a mason was so much fun.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm game, Pun intended.

Avatar credit goes to Faceninja... Thanks mate!
    Star Army, a... Well, Space Opera Roleplaying site.