New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel Cyrosea View Post
    Lex Legis and Mythek

"No, there is no chance that I will give up the law. Remember that the law protects all, good or evil, chaotic or orderly. Follow it, and you are safe from my scorn and wrath."
    "Were it the law of Chaos, everything would be as bright as a goldfish in a puddle of sewage. You ask for law, but do you know what the laws are?"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Morakar and Lex Legis

"I will help you on one condition. Write into your Law that my Library is neutral ground, where all are free to learn in peace, and I will lend my aid to the spreading of the law."
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

With Asmodeus gone, his mate spoke for him, her voice, though a mere whisper to her masters, was still a mighty roar Perhaps my master sent us, and perhaps we came of our own accord. Either way it is not your place to defend these people, create creatures of your own if you would, to defend them in your place, but it is not your place to destroy the creations of another to satisfy your desire to protect "your people". Varnilkan stepped backward, and the beasts of Asmodeus swarmed around her, some baying for the blood of the townspeople, some shifting in the shadows, some moaning in faux agonies, his twisted creations accepting her as their own.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-16 at 10:05 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

"I have had scarce time to protect my charges and then flee. And now your Lord gives me no time to make creations as he has beset my worshippers. And I ask again why? It was not his creature who I warned twice to leave before killing it. I did not interfere with that thing's soul when it departed its body. And yet here an army stands, your Lord making a personal appearance and you think to say he might not have sent you to kill my people as if I have made an offense against him."
    The whispering continues but it is too low for any but Varnilkan to hear.
    "Your master I think has put to much morality in my actions. Were his minions to pray for my protection they would have it. I am not on any side but my worshippers. I ask that you and your Lord's minions leave my worshippers alone. I will instruct my people to light black candles in thier windows. An empty window has no protection from me. When I have made my guardians I will inform your Lord.
    "However since you do not speak for all these minions and I doubt the Great Wolf's will abondon thier bloodlust, I must interfere in some degree.

A deep humming brings the voice back into hearing. Leave, or I will take this town from your claws and punish you for your attacks.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The she-wyrm sneered It is not the fault of our lord that you are unable or unwilling to create mortals to defend your charges. And what of the other gods who intervened on YOUR believers behalf? If it was our lord personally who had assaulted your peoples, attacking them without warrant, you would be justified in your retaliation, but it was not, it was but mere mortals who come to pillage and destroy. As Divinus it is not your place to fight the servants of others, and whether or not you have servants to defend this town is not the concern of our lord, it is the fault of you and you alone that only other gods and their creatures would rally to the defense of your people. And I say once again, where is the balance, you gods against naught but the servants of ours?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

"A interesting idea."

Cerus teleports near them.

"However that doesn't mean there should be those without protection. I've instructed my people to defend themselves and those who cannot raise a sword. If you would like, bring some of your followers and I shall have my council teach them the ways of war. It would be good for them to interact peacefully with another race. However I must discuss the release of magic if I can find the one in charge of it. The entire wolf clan has been reduced to breeding except for their councilman."

He looks over to the wyrm.

"Hmm, this is Asmodeus?... No, I sense a small hint of compassion, even if it is for a being of pure evil. Greetings, I am Cerus."

he gives a slight bow.

While I am a being of good, I am also fair. If it would appease you master, I will train some of his weaker creations in the ways of combat. Just don't go thinking that I'm doing this for completely unselfish reasons. All my men fought were unorganized masses, this is why I only needed 100 of them to defend an entire settlement.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Valkrath and Legis
    "I agree, Legis, a permanent establishment of the Diviinus among the living seems like a good idea. Very much so at the time. Considering of course that we were not only the first to exist but also creatures that are essential to the Cosmos. I shudder to think of the consequences that a death among us would cause, either sooner or later. This whole business with Asmodeus and the Masters of Chaos has to be stopped somehow, but even getting rid of a Chaos god would be somewhat of a bonus to Chaos anyway. Such is the nature of the meddlesome force in the universe."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif
    God of Night

"So says an ageless wyrm, consort to her god. If you are a servant you are doubtless the most powerful, nearly an avatar to his will. I see I can not dissuade you but be it known, I think your Lord a hypocrite."
    As the masses surge forward the heavens above shift and turn. Points of light fall, carving into the ground only to rocket back out to the sky and fall again. The rain of light halts the horde, those foolish enough to try to pass it are struck down. Soon a continuous curtain of blue starlight surrounds the town. Then, quite suddenly the stars fly back to their positions and where the town stood a crater has taken its place.

On the far side of the world the town seems to twinkle into existence, more land extending around it as it solidifies. The humans look in wonder at the scene around them. The stars are fewer and a mist rises through the earth from the ocean below the land. Out of the mist forms a man with shield and hand axe. "My people, this is the world of perpetual night. Here you will be safe. But as I have guarded you, you must guard others in my stead. I will change and train you to the purpose but first I have other matters to deal with.” The man fades from sight. The people talk amongst themselves before deciding to retire and sleep. They light black candles in the windows.
    ((OCC: 2000 Townspeople teleported to my domain.))

Back at the site of battle the evil forces look around in confusion till once again there is a whisper in the dark. [COLOR="Navy"]"For your malice and hypocrisy I curse you, minions of The Wolf and Lord of the Underworld. More precisely I grant power to my star metal. It will be your bane, harm you despite your hides, burn you should you touch it and burden you should you carry it. That is my curse.
    "To those that aided my people, the Dwarves and Keidran, I grant you leave to shape, work, and wield my metal and use it as you see fit. That is my blessing."

Sanctuary
    The night god forms on his throne. He eyes Asmodeus and nods at Cerus, Hephais. "Fellows in divinity, the recent conflict I have suffered at the hands of other gods has brought something to my notice. He looks pointedly at Asmodeus. "I may be mistaken, but is there a law on the interference in mortal affairs. The Lord of Underworld believes there to be such a tradition. He attacked me for my actions on those grounds. But I was unaware of Lex Legis setting in place a law structure to restrict a god's actions, especially in the case of that god's own followers. If we were to clarify this, it would help avoid future conflict.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-16 at 11:54 AM.
    Check out Avatar

9. - Top - End - #99

Veohloris and Lex Legis

"Those laws are most wise, divinus of law. And yes I could agree to those laws...yet I ask again how would you enforce them..."

Veohloris and Cerus

At the meeting of gods the shadow of Cerus stirred, mere moments after he had called upon the divinus of magic. It was brief, he and he alone heard but a whisper...

"find the maze of chaos and shadows, a place where secrets and horrors dwell alike...those with the mind for it will understand...those with the mind for it will learn. The mortals who are worthy shall wield my secrets..."

The palace of magic that had been created was a nightmarish place, ever shifting, ever changing, horrors roaming it's walls and fey of all inclinations finding a home there. Any going there would find it a trial...some could be maddened by what they found, others not come out at all, yet a few, just a few might find a glimmering of secrets unraveled...a blessing that would be bestowed upon them only at the whim of Veohloris...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Varnilkan turns to the god of war and speaks That would be most favorable, and though a creature of darkness my lord is not without fairness, for your act of kindness forever will your peoples souls rest in the Underworld, and be free of the taint of undeath and restlessness, their spirits forever unburdened. Then she looks upon the star-god, and hisses anger and wrath I come here at my masters behest, to speak with the avatar of the lord of laws, but for your curse we will answer with our own. For so long as your star metal burns the flesh of mine, and is a bane to my masters servants, your charges will never find rest, their spirits will eternally haunt the living, and they will reveal themselves at night, and they will seek to drag all the living creatures into their deathly state of perpetual half-life. Their spirits will never find the rest they will surely seek, as they are banished from the afterlife until your curse is lifted, ours will remain.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-16 at 11:51 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Your curse it oversteps its bounds. Your god directly interferes with my people's souls while my curse grants power to something in my domain. And I have only given the secret to craft star metal to two peoples besides mine own. If your Lord is peacable with them my curse need never harm you. It is passive yet yours is active. It is hardly a response in kind.
    But I am god of rest and can provide it for my followers till your Lord sees his folly. They will find peace in duty. I will search out find their wrongly banished souls protect them from themselves and give them charges to protect. They will be Mourning Doves and Guardians of the Fallen, helping those in need of rest to pass peacefully. My people will grieve, rejoice, and honor them.

((OOC: Lady of the Fallen used for guardians with slight flavor twist.))
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-16 at 12:20 PM.
    Check out Avatar

12. - Top - End - #102

Morakar

Morakar sits deep in thought for some time, then says to Lex Legis, "I have an idea, Lord of the Law, for a further collaboration between we two. Magic has been brought into the world, but it is an art of the shadows, an art of secrets and lies. I propose that we join together and create a great Language of the Law- a tongue whose utterances are indeniably true, a tongue that holds the key to the shape of the world. Learning and the law would then, truly, be Power."

((OOC- yes, it's nicked from Earthsea. So?))
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

The great She-Wyrm snarls at the night god It is not your place to decide the fates of the souls after death, night god, it is my masters. To do what you claim would require over-stepping your boundaries, and defying the laws of this realm. This can not be tolerated, and this slight against my lord will not stand unpunished.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

"It oversteps to guard those who dwell in the night, my followers and give them rest? It is the very definition of my domain!
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-16 at 12:19 PM.
    Check out Avatar

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

It oversteps to deem the appropriate resting place for your fallen, which surely falls under the domain of the lord of the afterlife.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

By your own words I am free to do with them as I have said. You have declared them banished from your afterlife. You have made them half-living and so not dead. You have given up your jurisdiction over them till I remove my curse. And it is not a resting place I give them. They will stay in the living world as you have said. It is a charge to protect that will give them peace.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-16 at 12:34 PM.
    Check out Avatar

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

They have been banished from the afterlife, but that does not mean I relinquish my claim to them. You seek to defy the laws by circumventing them, let the God of Laws decide who is in the right.

18. - Top - End - #108

Veohloris and the god of night

Watching from the shadows as he spoke briefly to Cerus, Veohloris eye is caught by the one that rules the stars and a whisper is soon in the mind of Mehswif.

"you would create something of morning? Most odd for a god of night... Perhaps though their souls could be shielded by shadow, able to roam day and night...never dying yet able to shield your charges from harm...I could help you create them...allow them rest in the boundary between worlds, the plane of shadow where times flow is warped and all manner of beings would be immortal sustained by magic and shielded by secrets..."

Veohloris and Lex Legis and Morakar

He watches the god of law and knowledge. He would not have the word magic be easy. Sure it was a good idea, to place magic in the very tongue of people...to persuade the world to do what they wanted, yet it should be earned.

Hidden in shadows and behind a veil of secrecy, the god of magic and secrets started to spin a secret web that would warp the words of truth, make them arcane, unpronounceable by but a few of mortals and make them legion, so that none could learn them all...surely they would not be a hidden secret assit could be recorded as knowledge, but in it's complexity was the true secret...the true mystery would be that none could unravel it all and they would always be looking for the next bit of lore...the next secret to be unravelled. He made the web so that as the words would be crafted they would be caught by the web and warped...his web would be ready...and they would barely realise it for the words would only warp slowly, change just a little bit, but the warping would be continuous...a slow creeping bane to a mortal that would have to keep unravel the secret,m gather ever further knowledge...but not to the other gods whose vast minds would not realise the slow change as they could easily and effortlessly adapt.
    Last edited by Wizard of the Coat; 2008-03-16 at 12:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground

Morakar and Lex Legis

"I will help you on one condition. Write into your Law that my Library is neutral ground, where all are free to learn in peace, and I will lend my aid to the spreading of the law."
    "Very well. That shall be the third law."

Sanctuary
    The night god forms on his throne. He eyes Asmodeus and nods at Cerus, Hephais. "Fellows in divinity, the recent conflict I have suffered at the hands of other gods has brought something to my notice. He looks pointedly at Asmodeus. "I may be mistaken, but is there a law on the interference in mortal affairs. The Lord of Underworld believes there to be such a tradition. He attacked me for my actions on those grounds. But I was unaware of Lex Legis setting in place a law structure to restrict a god's actions, especially in the case of that god's own followers. If we were to clarify this, it would help avoid future conflict.
    "The law is not yet in place. This is the reason I have called this council- to make these laws. Though yourself, Asmodeus, and Cerus have already broken the second law, it is not yet in force, so they shall not be reprimanded."

Veohloris and Lex Legis

"Those laws are most wise, divinus of law. And yes I could agree to those laws...yet I ask again how would you enforce them..."
    "They would be enforced by the will of those who made, and helped make them. Myself, Valkrath Amon, Morakar, and any others who help create the law shall enforce it. The law gives power to those who act to enforce it, but only while they are within it's bounds."
    {OOC: The idea is that when enforcing the law (and only then), a Divinus is empowered by all the energy collectively put into the laws at their creation, allowing them to accomplish more than normal.}

Morakar

Morakar sits deep in thought for some time, then says to Lex Legis, "I have an idea, Lord of the Law, for a further collaboration between we two. Magic has been brought into the world, but it is an art of the shadows, an art of secrets and lies. I propose that we join together and create a great Language of the Law- a tongue whose utterances are indeniably true, a tongue that holds the key to the shape of the world. Learning and the law would then, truly, be Power."
    Lex nods slowly. "I shall collaborate with you to create this language. It shall be a tool for Justice and Truth, as well as your disciples."

Lex Legis and the Creation of the Law

"There are now three laws to be created. Those who would lend their power to the law, do so now."

NO DIVINUS SHALL DESTROY ANOTHER.

NO DIVINUS SHALL DIRECTLY KILL OR DESTROY ANOTHER DIVINUS' CREATION. THEY MAY USE THEIR FOLLOWERS TO DO SO.

MORAKAR'S LIBRARY SHALL BE A PLACE OF NEUTRALITY, WHERE ALL ARE FREE TO LEARN IN PEACE.
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2008-03-16 at 12:58 PM.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Vakira, Divinus of Nature

A great flash of lightning heralds the arrival of the Divinus of Nature into the Sanctuary, drawn there by bickering and feuding. With a swipe of his tail, his great throne is cast aside and replaced by a comfortable roost of moss-covered shrubbery. Vakira sets himself lightly on the nest and smiles widely, looking from the Wyrm to the Night God.

"All things live, and all things die. It may well be outside of the reach of the Evening to give his followers the form he desires, if you banish them from the afterlife. But, if Mehswif desires it, his followers can have new shapes upon their death. You, Wyrm, and your master, are free to deny them an afterlife. And those of us who champion Life, in all its glory, are free to offer them reincarnation. This world is for the living."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's colossal form was coiled where his throne was, on a great pit seemingly made from the bones of his Wyrms, though where he obtained the bones as none of his Wyrms had yet died, was a mystery. Next to him was his mate, Varnilkan.

No, the material realm is that of mortals, and I will not have my curse mean as nothing so that he and his might smite my many creatures with his cursed star-metals without repercussion.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The idea of another god trying to protect creatures from his beasts enraged the Great Wolf, when at last he found the other god he did the only logical thing he could attacked growling out, Die Filth! in his wolf tongue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No hard feelings but you just upset the God of Anger and Murder. You can't reasonably expect any better. Also, at the moment, the Werewolves shift from anger, not the cycle of the moon.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel Cyrosea View Post
    Lex Legis and the Creation of the Law

"There are now three laws to be created. Those who would lend their power to the law, do so now."

NO DIVINUS SHALL DESTROY ANOTHER.

NO DIVINUS SHALL DIRECTLY KILL OR DESTROY ANOTHER DIVINUS' CREATION. THEY MAY USE THEIR FOLLOWERS TO DO SO.

MORAKAR'S LIBRARY SHALL BE A PLACE OF NEUTRALITY, WHERE ALL ARE FREE TO LEARN IN PEACE.
    "Call this neutral, battle axe? They are rules! They demand order, not pistachio icecream! You are a being of order, not of the holy chevrolet! I would sooner turn my head into a frog than obey your rules!"

Mythek's head shimmers, and then turns into a frog. The mad god curses, locusts jumping from his mouth.

"An aquarium, I meant an aquarium! You will burn in the fires of Mount MacDonalds for this!"

The god leaps off the rubble of his throne and dissapears.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's eye flickers in anger, and his massive tail smashes the wolf out of the air, onto the wolves throne, for truly, as large as the wolf may have been to a man, compared to the massive beast that dwarfed mighty dragons, making them appear as house cats before him, such a beast was merely a rat. As if to reinforce this analogy, Asmodeus's massive tongue slithers from his mouth, and he takes on a look of hunger You will obey the rules of this meeting! he bellowed, causing a wind. and with that, he once again coiled into his pit of bones.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"I did not create a place of mourning. As a matter of fact, such an act is punishable by temporary exile.

As for the laws I have no problems with them as of yet. ... Ah yes, you, one who ocntrols magic. I'd like to request you allow my people it's use. One of the clans is becoming resentful of the lack of respect they recieve due to the inability to cast even the simplest of spells. Excluding the wolve's councilman of course.

He shifts his attention to the wolf.

You may want to quell your temper during this meeting, if you thirst for combat that much I suppos I owuld have no problem sparring afterwards.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The wolf bites the great dragon's tail and holds in blind rage and fury, "Rrrrr" is the only sound issuing from the beast's mouth, waves of hatred ripple from the beast's form, crashing as against rocks on the forms of the gods. Somewhere in the great mists of time, someone would look back on this moment, doubtless, as the beginning of the end of the Great Wolf, the God of Murder, the God of Hatred and Rage. And it would be told of, because of the glory of the Great Wolf's Defeat.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

(OOC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh its all right Wolf I'd be disapoionted if you did anything else. I don't think the world has a moon right now anyway .

Mehswif to Vakira
    "Your offer is generous but not one I can acept, Vakira. I work around the curse what you suggest does not. Thank you for the thought but we will hear and abide by Legis' ruling."

Mehswif to Asmodeus
    I only stirke back in retribution. Don't harm mine, and they won't harm yours."

Mehswif and the Great Wolf
    The Sanctuary is filled with howls of pain as the Wolf leaps onto Mehswif. The night god shifts to the form of a great hairy dog grappling with the Wolf trying to throw it off him. At times it seems Mehswif is almost incorpreal the Wolf's claws swiping threw him like he were star light. But night and stars can have substance and so some hits do connect before he was thrown off him.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-16 at 02:34 PM.
    Check out Avatar

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus sneers at the wolfs efforts, perhaps if it had enough rationale to use its divine might against him the fight would be fair, but because of the beasts brutality it used merely brute strength, and in that it was sorely outmatched. The wolves fangs barely pierced Asmodeus's hide, and he just dangled it above its throne, thrashing his tail around once and a while, just to see how long it could hold on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pirate, what place of mourning are you talking about exactly? who are you talking to about that?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    (OOC)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh its all right Wolf I'd be disapoionted if you did anything else. I don't think the world has a moon right now anyway .

Mehswif to Vakira
    "Your offer is generous but not one I can acept, Vakira. I work around the curse what you suggest does not. Thank you for the thought but we will hear and abide by Legis' ruling."

Mehswif to Asmodeus
    I only stirke back in retribution. Don't harm mine, and they won't harm yours."

Mehswif and the Great Wolf
    The Sanctuary is filled with howls of pain as the Wolf leaps onto Mehswif. The night god shifts to the form of a great hairy dog grappling with the Wolf trying to throw it off him. At times it seems Mehswif is almost incorpreal the Wolf's claws swiping threw him like he were star light. But night and stars can have substance and so some hits do connect before he was thrown off him.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm, I already smashed him down, and he is currently dangling from my tail FYI

Asmodeus responded to the night god and that is not your place, to retaliate against my creatures and to go around the rules of the world, to suite you and yours better and to spite me and mine.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-16 at 02:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(Alright.... Here's something everything should know. One generation has passed. The number of people on the planet have doubled. Legis, Valkrath and Asmodeus have enough power now to develop another Divine Rank because of the Laws they are attempting to pass, they may do this either with an immediate passing of the law through having seven members attempting to pass it, or all three of them may simply pass the Laws by putting their magic into it. Putting power into the Laws would exhaust the three Divinus enough to make them less active until Monday. If the three gods manage to pass the Law by consensus, then they would immediately gain the rank without having to be inactive until Monday. This is Turn Number Two starting. )