New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Asmodeus

Asmodeus snorted, great plumes of flame and smoke erupting from his nostrils Please, I may be evil but I'm not stupid, just because I don't feel it doesn't mean I don't know what love is, and I still feel affections of a sort, though nothing so mundane as love. And I need not where the guise of another god to fool weak minded mortal beasts.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #152
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Vakira

"Do not speak of a natural order," Vakira barks out towards Asmodeus. "There is order to nature, and there is chaos. Both are needed, not that any of you lot care for the creatures of the world beyond their place at your feet. We are the fleeting moments of an endless cycle of divinity, greater than they are as hawks to the ants, but a time will come for all of us, I assure you," he offers up happily, and then stands from his roost-throne. "But I suppose nature has been too quiet for your taste," he again looks to the wyrm-maker, and then to the Wolf with a gleam of respect in his electric eyes.

"I think you'll all be pleased, though. A generation is far too long to pass without the first great storm. I think...hurricane...yes, that is a more than adequate name,"
    he says, smiling like a contented jaguar. This time, he disappears in a flash of green lights that scorch the pristine tiles of the sanctuary as they burst into being, then settle into the black marks to become beautiful weeds.

Vakira stands on the waters of the warmest reaches of the First Ocean, and sings a great outcropping of coral from the sea to survey his work. First, his mane begins to blow in the breeze, and then little blue sparks gather over the waters. It shouldn't happen this fast, he reminds himself, but an example must be set. The water churns, slowly, and warm air rises to form dark clouds. With one last great howl, Vakira sends the first hurricane into the world, setting the storm cycle in motion. He cares little where it ends up, making a game of guessing its destination, but that is nature: challenging systems spur greater life to greater ends.

"And that is my aim,"
    he says, contentedly, as he jumps into the air and swipes a bit of stormcloud for himself before returning to the Greenreef and the grigin.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

On Passing the Laws (OOC)

I'm making a list of the people who have stated they support or oppose the laws, for reference.
    SUPPORTERS
    Lex Legis*
    Valkrath Amon
    Asmodeus
    Veohloris
    Morakar
    Mehswif
    Dante/Sithis
    Hephais

OPPOSERS
    Mythek*
    Vakira
    Magnus Crenn

*These gods are putting all their power behind their support/opposition.
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2008-03-17 at 11:12 AM.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

(Does not wanting the laws count as an against? Because if it does, The Great Wolf is against, because he is obviously a bloodthirsty maniac who wants to rip all the gods throats out. But he isn't exactly gonna bother to vote against it)
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Justice View Post
    (Does not wanting the laws count as an against? Because if it does, The Great Wolf is against, because he is obviously a bloodthirsty maniac who wants to rip all the gods throats out. But he isn't exactly gonna bother to vote against it)
    If he's going to actively use his power to oppose the creation of the laws, then yes, he is against. If he doesn't like them, but isn't really going to do anything about it, then no.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sithis addressed Asmodeus again. " The last time around the other gods froged a weapon from their combined blood and stuck him down with that. And besides, I was not a god, and Dante was mortal before we found a way to ascend." Sithis looked at the laws, then at Asmodeus. "You do realize these have been twisted so far they basically no longer work?However that's the way it should be, so I support these." Sithis backflipped off Asmodeus's throne, and created his first followers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    300 schloares- demonic warrior-scholars
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Druid_lord View Post
    Sithis addressed Asmodeus again. " The last time around the other gods froged a weapon from their combined blood and stuck him down with that. And besides, I was not a god, and Dante was mortal before we found a way to ascend." Sithis looked at the laws, then at Asmodeus. "You do realize these have been twisted so far they basically no longer work?However that's the way it should be, so I support these." Sithis backflipped off Asmodeus's throne, and created his first followers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    300 schloares- demonic warrior-scholars
    I will keep editing in new supporters/opposers to the origninal list until we move onto a new page. (Or until the laws are passed/prevented).

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Magnus Crenn

Magnus was feeling the pleasure. His two earthbound creations were working to build their societies, and competitions among them abounded. But there was more than just them there were other conflicts that became even more clear as his Spirits flew through the cosmos.

One soon told him, through the magic involved in its creation, about the twin battles going on in a far off realm, of a wolf's assaults and disagreements over laws. Magnus Crenn was most pleased, but then he became less so as the wolf's assaults were halted and one side seemed to gain to much power.

"That won't do, not at all. I think the wolf needs a little help and the laws need more opposition!"

With that the armored deity drew forth a massive warhammer, grasped it in both hands and began to spin. He spun faster and faster until he threw himself and his hammer in a single direction and vanished.

He erupted from the nigh-invisible Contest Spirit, aiming straight at Meshwif intent on halting the noise. As he appeared he shouted in a grating voice:
    "I object to these laws!"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's head bobs at the duel gods words Perhaps the laws are twisted, but they suit my purposes fine enough. And that won't happen, for if it is attempted such gods would find themselves a quick path to the stomach of Asmodeus. Asmodeus turned to the nature god I know the nature of order and order of nature, I am an old god, so old I don't even remember how old. I think... Asmodeus's tone gets somber, which is somewhat out of character for the arrogant god I think I might have been a mortal once, in ages long past. But yes, the laws must pass

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Druid, I hope you realize as god of the underworld I also laid claim to demons, though I won't attempt to claim your servants, this is just an FYI

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus turns his massive head to view the new disturbance, his booming voice roaring over the newcomers Oh, and just who are you, and to what end do you object to these laws?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

"While laws are all well and good, I'm growing bored of this.

With that, he leaves to continue observation of the keidrans' technology.

((Yay for not being on the list))
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-03-16 at 08:56 PM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(ooc: For the sake of my impatience/boredom I'm going to take the argument and the fight seperately)

"I am MAGNUS CRENN! And I object to your laws for several reasons! Foremost among them is lack of retributive power amongst the stronger deities. Why should those of us with great strength be disallowed a full array of options in seeking payment for injustices done to us? Second, Why should any of us be bound by the same things that bind mortals?! We are above them and their ways! Further, who gave you the right to decide what I or anyone else can or cannot do? You are but a worm! And how exactly do you propose to enforce these laws even if they pass? If one of us kills another are they to be killed in return? Even assuming that deity doesn't gain so much power as to be beyond the rest, who's to say they weren't justified in their action?! These and more are my reasons!"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's eyes narrowed dangerously, his massive form shifting to put his head nearer the small creature, flames and heat radiating off of his form like he were the center of the world, in all its molten glory A WORM? YOU IGNORANT FOOL, HOW DARE YOU SPEAK AS SUCH TO THE LORD OF SERPENTS, THE GOD OF THE UNDERWORLD! Asmodeus's massive mouth opened to reveal row upon row of massive glittering fangs, and his huge snake-fangs dripped their unholy toxins. The laws are made to prevent rampant murder throughout the godly realms, which would disturb the very nature of the realm, and to protect the servants of all of the gods from retaliation from the divine themselves, as such would bring ruination upon all. If any fool thinks he can disobey the laws set down, will find a quick path down my gullet, a journey I'm sure any being would wish to avoid

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

If a God is too weak to protect himself or his servants than he deserves what happens to him! And if he killed one of us then he would be more than a match for you!"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

This is not about such petty things, we are not mortals, the death of but one god can have dire ramifications for the whole of this world. And if he could kill but a weak god, he would be no match for me, for I am anything but weak

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Dire ramifications?! Ha! Hahahahaha. Are you scared worm? If you don't think you can handle the effects of the death of a deity then you lack valor! You claim to be strong yet you would limit yourself! Either you are a fool, or you act like that of which you claim to be lord of! In which case none may trust that which you support!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus frowned, the baseless bravado of this boasting fool irked his nerves. He curled around the creature, his massive form making it seem as insignificant as a mortal I would choose your words wisely, foolish creature. Unlike you, I have the wisdom of ages, like a true god. I would not have myself weakened because some foolish god felt the need to kill another in their bravado, like a pathetic mortal. I might limit myself, but I would limit others as well. Something you are obviously to ignorant to understand motivates me, and it is called "Thinking ahead" you are a stupid creature who lives in the moment, like the god you no doubt killed to get to where you are, and unlike you, I have the sense to make sure the world I claim as my own does not fall to dust around my feet. As god of the afterlife, I have seen enough death to be wary for it. One does not live as long as I do without acquiring a knack for survival. And I warned you not to call me a worm, you simpering mortal

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(ooc: Two issues, First there already some physical action going on supposedly as Magnus was flying at Meshwif as he objected. Second just how big is Asmodeus and for that matter other deities because Magnus was straddling a sizable lake)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

I make dragons, like full-sized dragons, look like little cats next to me.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(ooc: Ah but how big is your fullsized dragon, also we should probably take it to the ooc thread)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: indeed, I posted size there.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Banned

In the void scraps of thought and soul collect over time. Eventualy a god is born, the scraps centuring around the largest bit by way of spiritual gravity. That is me. Lacrimosus.

Lacrimosus drifts somewhere physicly near absolute zero and waits for mortal things to die so that their fragmented remains might drift into the future, joining with him and allowing himself to empower his past.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-03-16 at 11:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif God of Night

Mehswif dissolved into starlight, leaving the moss to squirm on the floor dieing. As the Wolf lay panting Mehswif appeared knelt beside him. The concentrations of sound circled around them drawing nearer. Still the spell needed to be sealed by something stronger than sleep. He broke off a piece of his shield and lay it on the Wolf.
    A sound brought Mehswif's attention to the god charging towards him. He brought up his shield just in time. Entering the area of shimmering air, Magnus Crenn is wracked as the sound shakes his very bones, yet it if felt in another way it would be peaceful. Still the other god threw Mehswif back and pinned him on the wall. The humming stopped but Mehswif only smiled.
    It is too late. I have bound him in the night, look."
    The heat and rage of the Wolf seemed to melt the piece of black speckled shield. It spread over his body as the Great Wolf closed his eyes in slumber. It flowed, glowing, over him till he was a brilliant silver figure. The light cooled to a pale glow, leaving a silver orb where the wolf god had been. As that to faded from view, a moon rose in the sky.
    "He will sleep in the night. If you wish to defend him, do so in the day when he wakes. But I doubt your help will be appreciated. and with that Mehswif come apart like so much shredded guaze.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus snarled at the night-god, and he took the slumbering wolf and placed it on its throne So far you have made and passed two judgments on the gods, perhaps you should leave such actions to the god of law, and mind your nights, starling god.

25. - Top - End - #175

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hephais

The Smith watches patiently as the other gods bicker and argue. He pledges his support to these laws fully as he is a firm believer in order above chaos.

As the wolf and dogs battle comes to a head Hephais stays to the side wanting to see how this first altercation would be handled by the other divinus assembled.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

26. - Top - End - #176

Vakira, to Asmodeus

From his towering mountain of coral overlooking the destructive path of the First Hurricane, Vakira calls out to Asmodeus with a low, respectful chirp, immitating the birds of his old grove.

"If you will, despite my opposition, speak with me, I have a bargain to make. If we can come to an accord, I shall drop my opposition to the Laws," he says in the secret language of the storm-winds, offering it up to summon Asmodeus.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus's voice responds to Vakira, though from where he cannot tell, until a mocking parody of nature reveals itself, a creature like an ent of other worlds, but twisted like a dead tree, like a horror of children's nightmares, with raking branches for hands, and a massive bole for a mouth, with gaping holes for eyes Oh, and what is this accord to which you would have me agree?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif God of Night

The star god gives a sigh.
    "He will wake at dawn. Till then his mind may wander and posses any of his creations. He may still kill with their power as is his right to do. And so I mind my nights that he will not kill with his full godly might while the sun is down. My actions enforce the law and do not extend beyond my porfolio.
    "But I wonder how you will feel when he wakes and kills with divine abilities. Were he to turn on you, I predict you would not look with such sympathy on him. As for the god of law, he has yet to give a judgement on our respective curses, but I will have you know I will abide by it.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    The other action you were talking about was the curse right? I'm not quite sure
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-16 at 11:48 PM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

29. - Top - End - #179

Vakira

"I do not deny that it is your place to take the souls of those things that perish. But I look now upon my own creatures, and I see the First of them beginning to wither. I can see Death in them, and I can see your very legitimate claim over them becoming greater and greater. I can also see an inkling of your realm, full of fire and beasts. I ask you only for a small niche in the rock of your realm, for an afterlife where my grigin--and those who will come after them--can repose. Their spirits will still be yours, but their place in the land of the dead shall be one of peace. If you are willing, I would even want to see them offered a chance at reincarnation, spending a lifetime among this world and a lifetime among yours. They may even be of service: they have stout spirits and good instincts. While their spirits tarry with you, I'm sure they can help to tend even your largest leviathans. It is a large request, I'm certain," the Divinus says, letting its elegant tail wrap lightly around an outcropping of coral.

"But for this, I will no longer resist the Laws, and I will not try to claim things from you. I meant what I said: all living things must die. I am as much nature as life, and I believe that the both of us could do much worse than to consider the union of opposites."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

(ooc: Timeline wise this takes place before the argument)

Magnus growls at the vanishing darkness before turning and addressing the arrogant worm.

<insert argument>

Magnus Crenn laugh is like a storm and echoes throughout the room.

"Mortal?! Mortal?! Foolish worm I was never a mortal. And you are the on who cowers from death and struggle like a mortal not I! You claim power and yet you can't even hold your own world calm! What are you but a talkative worm with delusions of grandeur?"

Having said that Magnus calls on his mighty strength and kicks the encircling tail out of his way. He walks away keeping an eye trained on his adversary's movements.

"You have shown yourself t be nothing more than a scared child hiding behind meaningless laws so you never have to fend for yourself. Weakling!"