New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Divinus Profile : The Awakening

Asmodeus

The tree-thing again spoke with the voice of Asmodeus Very well, your creations will have such a place among my realm, so long as their souls still belong to me after death, and in the assured belief that these laws will benefit me enough to justify such uncharacteristic sympathies. with this spoken, the tree-thing seems to regain its consciousness, it looks around, spots the god, and scurries away in panic, taking its place in the forest as a dead tree, just like any other dead tree that has withered into death
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Amon Valkrath

Valkrath began pouring his essence into the Prime Material. The Laws had not yet been passed, thus Valkrath was free to bring some of his personal plans into action. Lightning bolts seemed to fall from Heaven, striking the World. "Annam" in the language of the giants. Saturated with power, over centuries, and millenia, a much less powerful pool of energy than that that had created the Divinus would create the servants of the Divinus in the world. The Sons of Annam, so they were called, had the powers of minor gods.
    (Creation: Tomorrow we'll get one final verdict on the Laws of Divinus. Right now Valkrath has seeded the world with a power that feeds energy to the planet. It can create 0-3 Divine Rank creatures after long periods of time. These are the agents of Divinus on the Prime Material Plane, while the celestials are the main servants of the other Planes.)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Rage, enters Asmodeus's eye, and with the lightning quickness that can be expected only from a snake, moving with a grace that belies his size his mouth snaps around the arm of the god, and with a sudden jerk he rips it off of the gods body, his tail twirls around and wraps around the gods neck from behind, and he smashes the god into the ground, leaving him wounded. I warned you about calling me a worm you foolish whelp, I may not be able to kill you, but the law says nothing that keeps me from maiming you. I do not hide, I seek advantage where the foolhardy would not, I do not cower, I coil to strike, I am no weakling, I am a God, and I am old, I have knowledge that allows me to see past the foolish rhetoric of a god who's title barely elevates him from the mortals he claims not to be, whether you were born to godhood or merely acquired it changes nothing, you are still every bit the fool a mortal would be in your place. And I can assure you, your bravado is surely misplaced.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-17 at 12:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Vakira, to the Gathered Sanctuary

The Divinus of nature reappears in the sanctuary, this time unheralded: he is simply there. He smiles a smile like a fat, happy lion and the small grigin at his side scurries to keep time with its master.

"I will not oppose the Laws,"
    Vakira says as he settles down onto his former throne, still a pile of shrubs and moss. "But I will also not add myself to them. I do not wish to diminish, but an understanding has been reached."

With that, he nods to Lex, and then conjures a mirrored pool of water from the air before him, with the image of the first hurricane foremost in it.

"I'm not sure where it's going to go, or where any that follow it will go. Isn't it a curious thing? But I can feel it in the distance: a storm may tear the tree from its roots, but a stronger sapling will simply replace it," he says, panting like a happy dog now.

"I wonder...what was the tree like that came before us, and what kind will we end up being?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Magnus regards his arm with a laugh even as he grabs a sword from his belt and swings with such force that he slices through his opponents tail, severing it. He stands and reveals that there is nothing in his chest plate, or is there? A flash of flesh or maybe just the imagination.

"It took you long enough foolish dragon. You do not even realize what I am, you have done what I desired. You claim to be cunning yet you fall so easily into rage. You can't even withstand harsh words without losing your temper. Hahahaha. Fool, you think you can hurt me! Tearing off my arm is nothing!"

Even as he speak he whips the severed tail off his neck, back at the being. Even as he does this a movement can be seen for his torn arm has begun to skitter back to him like a spider, it quickly reattaches itself to him.

"Care to try again worm?"

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus smirks, catching the tail in his mouth, he devours it, and his tail grows anew I will not play your game you ugly little worm, you will either discuss these laws, or you will begone. If you decide to stay I will either crush all the bones in your body to keep your from moving. Or, better yet, I will paralyze you for as long as I see fit, making you unable to move, or even boast in your oafish manner. Either way you will contribute or you will be silent, your brand of braggart foolishness is best left to mortals and to fools. And if you think about attacking me I'll make sure you wake up from your paralyzed state in a divinely sealed tomb, unable to escape. he snorts derisively, shifting his attention away from the oaf and raising a shield of divine might around his throne-pit.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif God of Night

The storm truly was beautiful. But it was also dangerous. Mehswif bid goodbye to his fellow gods. He had to get back to his people and start teaching them to protect themselves and other worshippers. And the sun was rising and he did not wish to be present when he did. The day now held two dangers for him, the searching sun and the waking vengeful moon.

The dim far side of the world drifted in its perpetual midnight. The candles were lit in the windows. The canine Mehswif padded through the mist, baying to wake his people. They gathered around him in the center of town. The god cleared the mist to let the stars shine in the town and changed into a man with axe and chipped shield.
    My children, it is time I start teaching you the ways of the night, the protective power of darkness, the comfort of sleep and the power of song." He began to sing a lullaby. One by one the townspeople drifted off to sleep. In their dreams they learned and changed.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

((4000 townspeople changed into the Nightfolk. They are nocturnal, invisible at night if they wish to be, have healing powers over injuries and sicknesses, and are good singers. They may also teleport to the dark side of the world several times a day))

When the people woke their god instructed them in the crafting of star metal and had them build a wall of it around their town as well as weapons.
    That task complete he gave them instruction to travel to the other side of the world when night had fallen there and protect all those with a black candle in their window.
    He traveled to the coral cities of the Divinus of Nature for the sun was searching from the sky above the Sancuary while the ocean still lay in star light. Afar off he could see the rolling clouds of Vakira's storm. He sought out the grigin Worldwarden. Greetings child of nature, I seek audience with your mistress.
    Last edited by Thistle; 2008-03-17 at 01:02 AM.
    Check out Avatar

Some of my creations Forgotten Golem, Lady of the Fallen

Great avatar done by Thecrimsonmage

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Magnus Crenn

Magnus laughs at the meaningless boasts of the overgrown worm.

"You make meaningless boasts yet again newt. And let me remind you it is you who cannot control himself, I merely responded with due force. I was in fact making my case when you decided to attack. I believe I was saying that we gods should not be bound by the desires of cowards."
    Last edited by The Boyce; 2008-03-17 at 12:59 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

You instigated my wrath with insults and boasts about your own strength, knowing full well my reaction to your taunts and goading and a pretentious gall that only a fool can muster. So I repeat my ultimatum, for you are disrupting this meeting, and I am sure I am not the only one who objects to your interruption of this meeting. Asmodeus then looks pointedly at Lex Legis and the other Law gods convened, and especially at Amon Vakrath, the supposed overgod.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Cerus

The god teleports himself into the cave of Vakira.

"I believe she is attending the meeting to form our laws. Which unless you want to see Asmo lose his temper, is pretty much a boring affair. Anyway, to the real reason I'm here...

As he says this, he steps to the left, revealing a keidran of the wolf clan, seeming to be in her teens.

It seems young Natani here is quite the fan of yours.

The wolf girl looks up at him and quickly drops her head, blushing under her fur.

"I... heard your song... ... It w-w-was beautiful... If...y-you would allow it, I... I WANT TO BECOME A SONGSTRESS IN YOUR TEMPLE!"

She quickly looks up with a frightened look on her face.

"I'm sorry, so sorry I raised my voice against you. Please forgive me."

She drops to her knees and repeatedly bows her head with tears in her eyes

"Shes already been through too much. I ask you at least to allow her to join your people."

((Small text = Whisper))
    Last edited by BizzaroStormy; 2008-03-17 at 01:19 AM.
    The Swallowfield Children - Stredexon Intwisca

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Magnus Crenn

"You speak of boasts? Ha! Every other sentence from your mouth seems a boast! I made my arguments quite clear and you have yet to address them with any good arguments. You should do so before spewing more self-praise."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sithis carefully approaches Asmodeus. "If I help you take care of this boastfull fool, will you aid me in adding a few laws that will be beneficial to me and mine? These laws will not harm you or your creations." Sithis then grew to match his size to magnus. "Magnus I am sithis and Dante, God of battle, knowledge, Duality, warrior-scholars, and Honor.These laws are neccessary to prevent what happened at last Creation, where Gods died, and the world was embroiled in pointless wars for eons.If my arguement does not convince you, perhaps my blade will. MAGNUS CRENN! I challenge you to a battle of arms till one of us yields. If I win ,you must support these laws. If I lose, you may choose what stake I must forfeit. Do you accept?"
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Mythek and the great slaughter

Mythek walked in the sky, mumbling curses to the adress of Legis, thought they might have been blessings, it was hard to tell. Beneath him, thousands of miles below, lay the waters of the newborn world. Mythek spit down, and his spit warped as it fell, turning into a plum. The plum smashed into the waters, creating wide ripples.

Mythek smiled, and an evil laugh sprouted from his lips. Yes, this was what he would do. The laws needed to be broken, even now that they were being made. And after that, he'd go and buy some banana icecream. Mythek jumped, and fell through the patch of sky he had been standing on earlier. He sped through the air, turning into a huge bullet as he fell, fire streaking down his sides. Mythek hit the waters, and huge waves rolled towards the land, flooding the shores.

But this was not part of the plan, nor was it not supposed to happen. it was just one of those things that happened as a side-effect, and Mythek did not concern himself with side-effects. The main thing was that, down there, in the deep, Mythek shifted form again, growing bigger than he had ever been before. His tentacles rose from the sea, nine of them, each grabbing a flying Wyrm which passed over or even near to the waters. They were drawn down into the sea, drowned and crushed by those choking, spiky, burning, slimy, ice-cold and acidic tentacles. Each of them perished. The Mad God had killed, broken the laws before they even were. There were plenty more Wyrms, sure, but they had taken damage none the less. His point had been made.

Now to break the other laws, Mythek thought. But then he remembered the banana icecream he had promised himself, and went off to buy him some strawbery flavored chicken.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

14. - Top - End - #194

Vakira, to Cerus and Nehswif

The Worldwarden tilts his head to the side, confused.

"My mistress? I have no mistress."

"Me, Orlio," Vakira voice crackles like distant thunder, and the Divinus emerges from the waters of his cavern. "I suppose I can understand the confusion, this shape is not a normal one, but for the record, I have always conceived myself as male."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif God of Night

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oops sorry GryffonDurime. I need to get that mother nature imagery out of my head, especially when writing late at night.

Mehswif and the Seeker of the Song
    Mehswif goes over to the girl and lifts her to her feet. It is bad posture for singing if prostrated. At her look of alarm when she straightens up he smiles. You have no need to fear me. Now I will explain somethings to you. Do not think them chastisement, they are explanations to correct ignorance.
    "Firstly, I am afraid i have to temples per say. Any house with a black candle in the window is my house and so a temple to me.
    "Secondly, loud voices have there place but often whispers convey meaning just as well. You should use raised voices only when no other will do.
    Now my Seeker of the Song, my Sublime Cord, there is music all around. It is deep and rhythmic and often not able to be heard. You must look for it. You must feel it. My stars dance to it. My people dream of it. It is in the breathing of a sleeper and its deep symphony permeates the night. Look up.

The girl looks into the diamond strewn sky. Mehswif begins to sing. It is a soft song barely able to be heard but as it goes on it seems to grow. It doesn't get louder but deeper, layers of harmony, turning of melody and tempo. Sadness, longing, and joy seem to exist in it all at once. The stars seem to spin above as if you could see their positions for all time in the moment. As it continues Natani seems to get caught up. She starts to sing as well almost by instinct. The song echoes across the sea as it dies away.
    Natani looks at Mehswif tears in her eyes again. It's beyond imagining how wonderful that music is."
    Mehswif gives a comforting smile to her. Indeed it is. I will teach you more of it later but first I must talk to Vakira. Till then you may join my people. He touches her and she dissolves into light and darkness.
    She is an amazing creation Cerus. Mine have yet to truly mastered my music and she knows it by instinct. She will become a powerful mortal.

Mehswif and Vakira
    Mehswif bows to the Divinus of Nature in his domain.
    Vakira, I apologize for my mistake. Its very embarrassing.
    I came to ask your assistance. My people reside on the far side of the world. What plants I have moved there have died for lack of sun because my stars doing not give enough light. Could I ask you to create life there suitable for the environment?
    Check out Avatar

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The Great Wolf
    The Great Wolf, in his wandering of the dreamscape, discovers a new and intriguing idea: The Nightmare. So gleefulis he that as he chases through the minds of mortals he only kills four or five, but these he also mutates into the manifested visage of nightmare, a nonsensical beast that tosses and tumbles in inconsistent paradox with a single glance it can transform others into its nightmarish likeness.

(Basically, he creates the Bodak, but it looks much freakier.)

After he wakes up, he falls downward out of the Gods and into the reach of the mortal world. He grants the mortal world a new and (honestly) horrifying gift: Locust. Hundred of thousands of Locust (their non-sapient, so I can do that.). He watches as they take the food from the poor mortals before continuing on.

Enjoying his rather long spree of creation, the Great Wolf plunges into the sea. There he creates his greatest new creation, a band of small, extremely intelligent creatures he calls Krakens. Each of these Krakens he gives a band of thirty Sharruk, shark-like beasts with the ability to seed mad rages into the minds of others and an intense natural loyalty to its Mother Kraken (Don't ask about the breeding process). The Kraken were not as like the Great Wolf as the Great Wolf would have preferred, but they would see to it that the Sharruk prospered, so he abided by it.

Spoiler
    Show
    20 Kraken and 600 Sharruk.

Growing tired of creating the Great Wolf went off to kill a human town.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

Lacrimosus, of the Void

Lacrimosus reaches out into his plane and shapes darkness into three thousand Devourers capable of rending souls and sending the scraps to himself. He throws these forth and seeds them on many planes. He also creates a number of oversized Nightwalkers to defend his realm, and then he floats out of his void, intent on finding other divine beings.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

Morakar

Morakar speaks again after an extended pause, simply watching and thinking.

((OOC: OK, I live in Britain, I was asleep...))

"These laws are fair. They are simple. There is no confusion here- I pledge my support once more. I will not place my whole essence within the Law, for it is not my true domain, but I will teach my followers to be lawful and law-abiding."

"After we have created the Law, I would like to return to the issue of the Language- I am ready to lend it my power."

Morakar's Disciples

In the generation that has passed since Morakar took on his first disciples, much work has been done within the library. Geometry, philosophy and early poetry fill the shelves, and some of the Disciples returned to their original homes to spread the Word of Lore, although others seeking knowledge came to replace them. There is now a significant split among the Disciples- the Students, who live in the surroundings of the Library (although their quest for knowledge sometimes takes them outside into the wider world), studying the workings of the world; and the Teachers, who can be found in the Lord of Civilisations towns and cities, spreading the knowledge disvoered by the Students to the people.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Magnus Crenn

"If it is a fight you seek then you shall find me ever ready to fight it!" Magnus shouts with gusto.

The God of Conflict takes a battle stance prepared to draw one of many weapons from his belt.

"What are you waiting for? Come on!"

20. - Top - End - #200

Morakar

Morakar does not move from his simple throne, but says, "Magnus Crenn, God of Conflict, you are, yes? It seems to me you have nnot understood the task we are engaged in. We are in the process of creating a set of Laws- laws that will ban the slaying of any Divinus. If you continue with this aggression, it looks to me as if all the Lawmakers will have no choice but to combine our talents against you. An unfortunate task, but one I would feel obliged to lend my aid..."
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MorkaisChosen View Post
    Morakar

Morakar does not move from his simple throne, but says, "Magnus Crenn, God of Conflict, you are, yes? It seems to me you have nnot understood the task we are engaged in. We are in the process of creating a set of Laws- laws that will ban the slaying of any Divinus. If you continue with this aggression, it looks to me as if all the Lawmakers will have no choice but to combine our talents against you. An unfortunate task, but one I would feel obliged to lend my aid..."
    Returned from the very random slaughter of some Wyrms, Mythek sits perched above a tree near his throne everyone had failed to notice.
    "Break you own laws to reinforce them? Make a good asset to Chaos you will, padawan!"
    He laughs a bit.
    Then he adds, a little less serious, though that is probably not his intention, "Seriously though, the balloon is on my side. Touch him, and you're sushi"

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Aggression? It seems to me that twice have I been offered combat. Once honorably, and once suddenly. I have begun no fights, if they cannot deal with the truths of my arguments it is there problem not mine. As for intervention, I believe I am now engaged in a duel and if you were to interfere that could hardly be considered lawful, now could it. Once this duel is over may your concerns be addressed."

Even as Magnus spoke there were unseen motions. A number of Contest Spirits had come to watch this contest, but they would not transmit what they saw, it was not their place.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

" Realax, morakar, tis not a duel to the death. Ready when you are Magnus!"
    Spoiler
    Show

What type of Fae are you?
    Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon, Bludgeon the Stupid Dungeon Master ! The elan-itor

Find your Celestial Choir

24. - Top - End - #204

Morakar

"I am sorry, my brothers- I should pay more attention to these things.

I never said I would break the Law, however- there are many ways to oppose without slaying, as the Wolf could attest, were he fully concious."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Asmodeus

Asmodeus snorted derisively at Magnus You confuse law with honor, it would not be unlawful to oppose you alongside our companion, even in a duel. Whether such an action would live up to your idealistic view of "honor" does not concern me.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Banned

Lacrimosus

Lacrimosus drifts over to the other divine beings, taking on a regal human form as he does so.

Laws and codes for us? Why?

OOC:Im so glad we have a madgod. Every land needs a madgod. Or a muffin. Or clowns. Or was it clouds? Must have been clowns because he doesnt taste like clouds. Clouds taste like butter...and tears.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2008-03-17 at 11:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Vakira, to Mehswif

The Divinus motions respectfully when Mehswif finishes his proposal and nods his head. "I've seen your people, a little, through the endless roots of this world. They respect nature, and even their trade in your starmetal is gentle, cleansing. They are not impure," he says, and his tone makes it clear that he holds this as a compliment.

"I create in person, but I would not usurp their faith. If you wish, I will agree to come to your people under your own watchful night, myself clothed in its black tones as best I can. I will give you these plants, and more. In return, I ask for two things: first, and simplest, I wish for your assurance that your people will not blacken my skies with smoke or pollute my waters with grime. Let them live their comfortable lives, but never at my own expense," Vakira says, and he stands up, beckoning a small group of tiny green grigin children forward from where they cower behind coral.

"My second is not so much demand as opportunity: I wish to send some of my children out into the world. Their form will have to change, I think, but your gentle light and wall of starmetal...they are good protections. A small bit of land for my next tribe, and your people will never want for wood or food."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground

Mehswif God of Night

Your terms are easily acceptable. I will grant your people land in my realm of eternal night. However, I must ask they pay some homage to me. They need not give you up as patron but a candle must be lit in their homes for me to extend protection over them.
    I will have mine extend the same courtesy to you. A tree will be cared for in the town square and a lantern hung in its branches to show respect to you beyond not harming the earth, winds and waters.
    Check out Avatar

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"It is not a matter of Law it is a matter of being lawful. Of respecting those codes set down by others, if you can't be trusted to abide by the wishes of those whom are on your side then it would seem obvious that you can not be trusted. I never said it would be unlawful to try and crush me through sheer numbers, only that it would not be lawful to do so during a duel. If you can not tell the difference that is none of my concern."

Magnus then turned to regard Morakar, "If you seek to quash debate through magical force then surely there will be far more serious opposition then you expect, tyrants are not well accepted."

Finally the God of Contests turned to regard his opponent, and he drew forth his chosen weapons for this bout. In his right hand he held a mace, weighted perfectly, and in his left he held a sword, the same used to cut through the worm's tail.

"Defend yourself!" Crenn yelled while he charged. When he neared the God of Duality he swung his mace with thunderous force at his opponent's left arm, but he kept his sword back to guard against potential strikes.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Mythek and the fight

Mythek claps his hands, one of which is made out of foam, so little sound is produced. He decides to whistle instead and cheers on the fighting gods.
    "Go on, poke 'em with your trident! Stab 'em in the shoulder! Deepfry them in the knee! Go monkey stew on him! Hahahahaha!"

Mythek, breakin' the law

Mythek's neck seems to shift a bit and a second head pops out of it, at the back of his head. This head turns towards Lex and says "I killed a bunch of creatures today. Pwned their respective toes. Fingerfood. You know what the really funny part is? I mean, even funnier than those clowns with the chainsaws and rubber duckies?"
    He smirks.
    "I did it because of you. Wouldn't have pushed the deadly ctrl-alt-del if it weren't for your laws, capricorn!"
    He then starts tossing filthy laundry at Lex Legis.

Mythek and that evil god we don't speak of anymore

The Mad God's neck shifted again, and just when it looked like a third head would pop out, a firetruck popped out instead. The firetruck opened it's, well, this would probably be the time to tell you that it had a mouth, which it opened. The firetruck turned to Asmodeus and seemed to consider turning into a manta, but then it simply spoke.
    "Choosing Law over the bad cause, eh? Kicking it old school with the Right Brothers? Tsk, tsk. Your wyrms payed. However, you should rejoice in the fact they suffered like a cow with mad sheep's disease, like moules frites on helium. You're an evil god, I'm sure you can appreciate their suffering"