New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: Grey Knights IC

1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Grey Knights IC

Chains

"Forward, everyone. Ready to cover if the enemy moves forward. Stay behind Mercy for now, hopefully we can get out of this without a fight." Chains moves his horse forwards carefully but stays behind Mercy and Miss Murder. He starts a quiet marching song. If any of the crossbowmen open fire, or any of the others ready to attack, he immediately starts bard song and Inspire Toughness.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

2. - Top - End - #812

As the newly formed Red company (you guys) steps forward the other guards take a bit more notice.

One of the two on the room sounds off with a little bugle...horribly played but loud enough to sound the alarm. The other looks frightened as he levels his heavy crossbow in your direction.

The farmer and the guard on the ground both look sharply in your direction. The farmer looking from one armed force to the other confused.

The armed force in the slight depression all turn and begin to advance on the sound of the horn.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Doc Rhino
    Doc Rhino, now transformed into a huge, thorny horse-like hulk, turns his expressionless visage towards the advancing company.
    Can't be having that. Keep the alpha away from the pack.
    He gestures, and abruptly the foliage surrounding and in front of the advancing company entwines into a burgeoning wall of vegetable matter, passable only with extraordinary care...
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting plant growth amidst the lot of them. Should have prepared raise water
    Observe! A battlebriar.

Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2009-02-08 at 08:42 AM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

"Really? I'm as much of a music fan as the next girl, but that really must stop."

Taking her cue from Doc Rhino, Mercy focuses briefly on the three crossbowmen/buglers on the roof of the guardhouse. With a quick gesture and grunt of exertion, she causes massive black tentacles to spring up from the roof, grasping for the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is on the assumption that the guardhouse is less than forty feet across, so that one burst of Black Tentacles will cover all of them.

Opposed Grapple checks for the three crossbowmen, and a fourth just in case there's something invisible up there.
    (1d20+20)[22]
    (1d20+20)[29]
    (1d20+20)[22]
    (1d20+20)[22]

Damage checks:

(1d6+4)[5]
    (1d6+4)[8]
    (1d6+4)[10]
    (1d6+4)[7]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #815

SolithKnightGuy

Chains

The bard pauses in his chant to quickly say, "Forward all! Chivalry, take second line and prepare to fill in any positions! Bandage, keep the rest of the front lines standing!" He then bursts into a full war chant, filling everyone with energy and focus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Inspire Toughness and Inspire Courage. +14 hp to all, and +1 attack/damage. Using Font of Inspiration, under 35 fails: (1d100)[40]. If over 35, Inspire Courage instead provides +2 attack/damage. I like making really tough low level characters.
    Chains will be close to the front, along with the rest of his squad. Dismount, and draw heavy flail as soon as possible. Wall, Mountain and Vally will all dismount and move up to the front, while Chivalry will be right behind them, on horseback. He has a lance and is ready to circle around, or fill in any breaks in the line. Bandage stays behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

6. - Top - End - #816

((Juggling stuff- its what I do best-sometimes-sorry been so off lately guys too much going on. beck to business for now.))
    You had time to cast everything except (Call lightning Storm)

The Reds scatter and forms loose lines as they are instructed.

Mercy's mass of octodeadth claims the tower roof and snaps up the three guardsmen. Their screams of horror and pain are louder than the horn and carry further. You all see the other mercenaries pick up the pace and react with far more intent.

Doc's plant growth pushes the plans up in a wild tangle. Catching most of the mercenaries in a tangle.

The farmer dives under is cart, the old draft hosre barely flicks an ear.

Of the mercenaries a few arrows launch toward the Reds but either miss or patter into the dirt. Mercy's spell is challenged by one of the mages
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dispel Check (1d20+10)[12]
    . More shouting can be heard from within the new grass jungle.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Mercy, alerted to the presence of a powerful spellcaster of some kind in the midst of the unruly throng of mercenaries, glances back at her sharpshooters.

"Focus fire on those not advancing, especially spellcasters."

She takes her own advice, hurling a spark of lightning towards the wizard who had tried to counteract her spell. Urging her horse forward to take advantage of the tower's cover, Mercy glanced back at the others to see how they would react.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure who tried to counter Mercy's spell, but I'll assume for the sake of argument that it was one of the two right-most of the M's on the map. She's now casting Chain Lightning (DC 22 reflex for half)on that caster, and hitting up to 12 other secondary targets within 30' reach. Damage on main target (12d6+3)[50], others half.

Pins (Wizard 3, marked as m1) will cast invisibility on himself, and move 30' south.

Blinker (Ranger 2, marked as m2) fires and moves southeast.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]

Alder (Ranger 1, marked as m3) fires and moves southeast.
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]

Adder: (Ranger 1, marked as m4) fires and moves southeast
    Attack: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d20+3)[5]

Who: (Scout 1, marked as m5) moves southeast and fires
    Attack: (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[6]
    Skirmish damage: (1d6)[4]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Doc Rhino
    Entry from Sir Alton Moore's Things I Have Hunted
    "...But among the various four-footed wonder's of Nature's Workshop I have discovered and hunted, one of the most striking is that of the one-horned Rino. A big, armored beast with a hide like worn cobblestones, and a horn larger than any pike-blade, and wielded with deadly force."
    ===
    Doc Rhino, a thorn-encrusted hulk himself, crackles once more as he draws upon nature's magic and channels it into Watson.
    ===
    "...But something that a connoisseur of Nature's Wonders should keep well in mind is that, unlike his more docile or skittish cousins, the Rino is highly aggressive, and has caused the unprovoked deaths of more of my native manservants than any beast I've hunted before. Trying to ride one is not recommended."
    ===
    With a few silent instructions, Doc Rhino returns his attention to the tower, as Watson himself tosses his huge, horned head.
    Spotting the soldiers in the distance, the gray giant lowers his head and charges with terrifying speed, the earth rocking beneath his barrel-sized hooves!

Spoiler
    Show

Casting freedom of Movement on Watson, and sending him to romp through the thicket, goring and Improved Overrunning as he goes.

9. - Top - End - #819

SolithKnightGuy

Chains

The bard and his squad move forward and block off the enemy's path to the rest of the Reds.

Spoiler
    Show
    All right. c1, 2 and 3 are Wall, Mountain and Vally. They'll move so that they're about 5-10 ft. apart, and stand between the enemy and the Reds. Chains moves with them, continuing his songs. Everyone uses full defense. Chivalry is c4, and he'll stay on horseback ready to counter enemy movement. Bandage is c5, and he'll stay where he is for now. Further actions will depend on if the enemy gets closer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Smokey

"You know what?"
    The clerics eye's begin to steam as a huge whirlwind begins to form before him.
    "I'm sick of this ****."
    He raises his hands and makes a breaking motion, the elemental fully formed.
    "EVERYBODY DUCK AND COVER!

Spoiler
    Show
    So, Huge air elemental 5 spaces towards the enemy, 2 spaces up.
    The rest of his squad is somewhat interspersed within the other groups, with the djinn 30'(I'm pretty sure, but I'll have to check) closer to the enemy.
    The others are "around" smokey, providing protection in case anybody gets close enough to hit him.
    He has a Entropic Shield spell going as well.
    Init, now that I remember:(1d20)[3]
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

"Sawblades! Follow!" Miss Murder spurs her horse forward into a trot, approaching the sole remaining guardsman and the cart; she turns slightly as she nears it, clearly intending to go to the left of the cart. As her squad turns to follow, the horse archers have a clear line of fire—something she's evidently been waiting for. She gestures at the sole halberdier, not stopping her horse. "Fire."

Spoiler
    Show
    l1: Shrike
    l2: Robin
    l3: Piper
    l4: High-horse
    l5: Aces

All of them take a double move, going around the far side of the cart; it should put most of them just past it. Aces and High-horse each take an attack in the middle of their horse's double move; see OOC thread for my questions about that.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #822

Here goes a quick and easy update.

Mercy's chain Lightning burns a blackend hole in the masses of guards and rangers of the mercenaries. Her troops fire into the mass and a few "arg! I'm hit" noises are heard.

The rhino now a true battle behemoth charges off into the thicket. Where a single "Oh Sh-- *splash*" is heard outside the thunder of rhino feet. His troops follow LMM to flank.

Chains and his troops prepare for the defense.

Smokey does his thing.

Miis Murder's troops staple the last guard to the building. Riding out to flank the enemy.

The guard's on the guardhouse scream and die.

Some movement is seen as the two mages on the out side of the grass move outward and begin to cast their own battle magics.

The right most one waves his hands and a red bead shoots out from him. A bloom of flame strikes Wall (C1) covering all those around him in flames.
    Ref DC 18 (10d6)[35] Fireball

The other chants a bit and a wall of flames leaps up in front of the approaching troops. [ref 18] dam (2d6+10)[15]

A few arrows shoot out of the grass jungle but to no effect. And there is a flash from inside the grass jungle also.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Troll in the Playground

Doc Battlebriar
    Now a terrifying visage of Thorny might, Doc Rhino is not content to merely charge into battle. Instead, the summons more of nature's wrath, borrowing a handful of its strongest warriors to fight by his side!
    ====
    The dense foliage melts around Watson's Bulk as he continues his rampage through the woods, smashing and goring the slow-moving squishies.
    ===
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "..."
    "So...All in favor of staying the hell out of the way?"
    "AYE!"
    "All opposed?"
    "We're doomed." "Shut up."
    The Crash beats a hurried retreat from the melee.
    Spoiler
    Show

Burning Sculpted Summon Lightning Storm to cast Summon Nature's Ally IV to summon 1d4+1 Dire Lions, and sudden Extend it so they stick around for 24 rounds.
    Oh Jesus its a lion - (1d4+1)[4]
    EDIT: Whoops, I can only get 1d3 Dire Lions. Make it 1d4+1 tigers, instead.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2009-02-21 at 09:37 AM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

So, he wants to play dueling fireballs, does he?

Focusing on the mage on the far side of the battlefield, Mercy fires off a blossom of fire of her own, focused on the point where the distant mage was standing. She then wheels her mount about to take advantage of the tower's cover.

Pins continues invisibly, shifting further southeast.

The archers of Red Rain shift east, firing at targets they have a clear view of.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting a sudden-empowered fireball at Ma, hoping to also engulf Ba and Bb. ((10d6)[45] x 1.5) + 3 = 70 damage, DC 19 for half.

She then guides her horse so that her end position is 5' west, 35' north of her current location.

M1 does a double move southeast.

M2-5 - move 20' east and fire. If Ma isn't killed by the fireball, they'll focus fire on him/her.

M2 Attack: (1d20+7)[9]
    M2 Damage: (1d8+3)[4]

M3 Attack: (1d20+5)[23]
    M3 Damage: (1d8+2)[3]

M4 Attack: (1d20+6)[17]
    M4 damage: (1d8+3)[11]

M5 Attack: (1d20+4)[5]
    M5 Damage: (1d4+2)[6]
    Skirmish damage: (1d6)[4]
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-02-21 at 05:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825

SolithKnightGuy

Chains

Chains flinches as the fireball bursts over him and his squad. When it fades, he glances around quickly and sees to his horror that all of his squad members are lieing on the ground. Mountain, Vally and Wall are all blackened and still, but Chivalry still breaths. He cuts off his chant, allowing his flail to pick up the beat. "Bandage, get Chivalry! Check on the others after, I think it's too late for them."

The bard grits his teeth. More under his command had fallen. He started forward, trying to draw attention to himself over his remaining squadmates.

Bandage runs forward as far as possible in his armour, barely making it to Chivalry's side. He hoped that the knight could hold on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Expeditious retreat. Less than 35 it fails. (1d100)[37]. If it suceeds, moving forwards 50 feet, if it fails, only 20.

Everyone remember my bardsongs, +2 atk and dmg, +12 health.[/roll]
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2009-02-22 at 11:20 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827