Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey Knights IC

1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Grey Knights IC

Mercy

I will NOT let his tears affect me. I will not -

Mercy decides to use War Machine and Little Miss to be the heavies for her, briefly taking on the role of the boy's potential saviour. She glances and nods to each briefly, hoping that they'll take up their roles with her. Sliding reluctantly down from the wall, she walks carefully over to him, staying a few feet away, but bending down to talk with him.

Now is not the time for Your pack made a bad mistake by attacking us. You don't need to make another bad mistake now. There are a hundred ways this can go. About seventy of them involve him -

She taps on War Machine.

- making sharp and forceful contact with parts of you that would rather that didn't happen. Another twenty or so involve her -

She indicates Little Miss Mercy with a pointed finger.

- and a very small silver knife, used repeatedly and with great skill. Only one scenario involves you seeing dawn intact, and that scenario has you answering all our questions quickly and honestly. Tell me if you understand, kid, and start by telling us your name.

Spoiler
    Show
    Depending on how you interpret that, that's either diplomacy (1d20+7)[10] or intimidation (1d20+5)[10] (with some heavy situational modifiers, and possible aid another effects from WM and LMM.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-05-10 at 10:05 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

The boy watches with tears streaming down his face as Mercy says her piece. "Katrick is going to kill me! I...I...aughgh" is all you can understand untill his blubbering cry takes over again.

(OOC-Make sense motive, whoever is taking part. I will need diplomacy/intimidate/bluff checks if you interact with him. Bonuses will be taken into consideration as will RP value.)
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive (1d20+2)[20]

Mercy bends closer, and speaks very softly.

I really wouldn't be worrying too much about Katrick right now. And where would we find old Katrick, again?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Little Miss Murder

Miss Murder moves closer to the young man, crouching by his side. She takes hold of his neck with an armored gauntlet, forcing the werewolf to look at her. "Katrick," she says softly, "isn't going to have the chance." Her white hair is visible to everyone in the firelight; her red-tinged eyes, staring flatly at the young man, are visible only to those unfortunate enough to see better in the dark. Mercy might be playing a role; she wasn't.

Her grip tightens around his throat, fingers digging into the side of his neck hard enough to bruise. She doesn't choke him; they needed him able to talk.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate (1d20+23)[42], Sense Motive (1d20+2)[19]; but it should be noted that Miss Murder's default approach to this is to assume they're lying at first, unless they can back up their claims somehow, and continue to ask 'questions' just in case.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Smokey

Well, don't I feel useful.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

6. - Top - End - #246

The werewolf shudders at the touch of Miss Murder and her cold heart. Her words shake him out of his sobbing. He is fightened enough to piss hisself, as the smell of fouled urine assualt your noses over the spray of the rain. Whimpering slightly he says K..K..k.Ka..Kat...ttrick is..is the Pack Lord. Sh..sh...she's gonna skin meEEeeeEEee! His words drop of in a wail.

Spoiler
    Show

Now he is rightly afeared of Miss Murder and the rest of you by association. He is telling the truth. And he is worried for his life by the hands of Katrick.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Firefly

the little dromite puts his hand in the air.
    "ooh, ooh, ooh. I got an idea!. we let this one go, after he shows us the way to the pack layer. we kill the alfa ... female I presume .. and preak up the pack. then the other greys have trouble with here, and we don't need to slay this one in cold blood."
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Don't think about the psychopath beside you. Don't think about the psychopath beside you.

Mercy turns and smiles thinly at Firefly. She gestures briefly at the boy in a "he's right here" way. Then bends back to the werewolf.

Shhhhh. You're getting close. A few more questions. Where do we find Katrick, and how big is the pack?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

Miss Murder gives a dismissive glance at Firefly. Leave scattered werewolves to start spreading themselves while the other Greys head towards them? No, I don't think so. An interrogation, however, is not the time for that. She'll say it later.

She jerks his head sideways slightly to interrupt his wailing. "You've said that twice now. I don't think we need to hear it again." She smiles harshly, leaning in closer. "In fact, I think I'll be... unhappy if I hear Katrick's name out of you again. Mention her as your leader only, or not at all." She studies his face to make sure he understands, grip tightening slowly until she gets a nod. "Now. Where would we find your pack?"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Prowl

Prowl had been standing by silently observing, until a thought occurs to him. "If'n ya can get'm ta d'scribe da leader, I can try an' track her, startin' frum where she was when dey attacked!" The lizardfolk nods brusquely to accent his point.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

11. - Top - End - #251

Nodding, eyes locked onto Miss Murder's, he manages to stutter out K...K...K...Our Leader, she's t..t...t. t.aken over the keep on the plateau.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Mercy focuses in on the boy. Just get through this, girl. Just get through this.

Yes, and how many of you are there? And do you have the worgs and yeth hounds with you there too?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

"Answer the nice lady's questions," Miss Murder says softly, staring back into the werewolf's eyes, "and don't make us repeat ourselves."

14. - Top - End - #254

The boy looks between the two scary ladies, one nicer than the otehr. He stammers out Th..the ..th..That was most of the pack. There are only a few left, I..I .. I think. I'm just an omega.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

That's good. Good, lad. Now. Is there anything else sharing the keep? Anything else living in the area? Your pack must have been scouting around.

16. - Top - End - #256

The boy, with tears streaming suddenly shudders as you all hear from not that far away a deep and powerful Howl. This howl conveys anger even to those who are not of the half furrie variety. His eyes get huge and his pupils immediately dissappear. He begins to shudder as fur begins to sprout along his body. The change is upon him. His hands curl into claws and his legs are beginning to change also.

You all can see that his current bonds will not hold him when he is in a new form.

(OOC: pausing for reactions, the boy is about 1/3 of the way into transformation into another form, presumably the wolf.)

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Firefly presumes one of his more combat capable compagnions can coup-the-grace...
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Prowl

The little lizardfolk shakes his head. "Isssa sshame. Can't we knock th' li'l guy out'n deal wit' his packmatesss?" Prowl draws his sword, but looks to the other Grays.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

Miss Murder is already reacting. Her fist clenches instinctively, but she's too experienced to lose a prisoner just because they startled her. Rather than crushing his throat, she slams his head sideways into the ground, hard—but not dead-hard.

Probably. She rises, delivering a swift kick with an armored boot to the boy's ribs—both to make sure he was really out, and to keep him from healing too fast. "Sounds like somebody's coming to pay us a visit."

Spoiler
    Show
    Dealing nonlethal damage, since he's presumably helpless or at least still denied Dex? Anyway, Divine Surge. (1d20+11)[17], damage (1d3+5)[8] plus (8d8)[37], all nonlethal.

And then (1d3+5)[8] lethal once he's knocked out. Which hopefully won't kill him.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

At the howl, Mercy is trudging carefully back through the mud to the corral and hauling herself back up - with War Machine's help if necessary. Her voice is low:

Can one of you drag the boy back close to the wall? With the limited visibility, we can't see them from a distance, but neither can they see us. I suggest we use Firefly's structure at the centre of our defenses, keep them from cutting individuals off. Stay close together for now.

She pats her armband significantly.

Smokey, what do you say about establishing an aerial perimeter around the camp? Try to give us a few seconds' notice anyway. They didn't strike me as the archer type, so that shouldn't be too dangerous, eh?

She catches herself giving orders, and stops, shaking her head.

Sorry. I guess I miss my unit more than I thought.

21. - Top - End - #261

[OOC- I Need spot checks from everyone)

The boy slumps down, unconscious after Miss Murder's barrage. The howl comes again this time closer. The rain and wind have lessened off a little at this point and you all can see at about 100ft out to the north is a large wet wolf howling in the rains.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Smokey

"Eye eye captian."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Raptor’s Sight, +5 spot for the next 10 hours.
    Spot: (1d20+14)[21]

Smokey's eye's glint for a moment, sparking with more than light before he swoops up and away towards the wolf.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

23. - Top - End - #263

As Smokey fly's off into the rainy night he swoops around the camp and can clearly see the wolf. It is huge, easily the size of a horse and savage looking. All it is doing is sitting on its haunches howling its eerily piercing howl.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Glancing around to confirm that the others see it - her? - as well, Mercy stares for a moment at the mammoth wolf. And then decides to take a chance. She yells out, over the rain.

Katrick! You have sent your pack to attack us, and your pack is dead. Do you want a fight now, or will you speak with us?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Prowl

With a shrug, Prowl sheaths his blade and drags the unconscious boy over to the wall and dumps him unceremoniously. He then readies his bow with an arrow nocked and looks around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+13)[20]
    I got lazy and didn't keep a Word backup of Prowl, so I'm goin' ta have ta rebuild his skills and gear all over! RARGH!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Cue Six Million Dollar Man theme:

"We can rebuild him:
    Better
    Stronger
    Faster..."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cue Six Million Dollar Man theme:

"We can rebuild him:
    Better
    Stronger
    Faster..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ooo... I don't know about Prowl bein' bigger, but stronger and faster would be fun!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

For a brief moment, War Machine wondered if the boy was a natural shapeshifter, or had been infected by this Katrick.

Shrugging, he grabs the unconscious boy by a leg and hauls him over to the stone corral.

"I do not think Katrick will confront us, by herself. Her tactics so far do not lend herself to the idea of single combat."

Regardless, though, he assumes a fighting pose, his large hammer held on his shoulder, ready to come crashing down should an opportunity present itself.

spot - (1d20+9)[28]

29. - Top - End - #269

With a suddenness that surprises you all a dull *thunk* responds through the small camp. An arrow sprouts in the boys skull, most likely killing him. The arrow obviously came from the south as you can hear maniacal female laughter receeding in that direction.

With a shimmer and a wink the huge wolf to the north dissappears. No signs of it ever having actually been there.

Other than the sounds of rain, your companion's movements and the horses shuffling about in the enclosure the night is still and quiet.

The rest of the night is devoid of activity, the dawn comes a few hours later as the rains recede. The dirt track you all travel on is a mud slick. Many puddles and washouts can bee seen from the campsight alone, who knows how many of them will block or slow your progress toward Katrick and the Fort on the plateau.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

After the arrow lands:

Mercy nods. A spellcaster. Especially dangerous.

She turns, remembering the lizardfolk's gift for woodcraft.

Do you think you can find her track, get her scent? I'd feel a lot better if we were the hunter as well as the hunted.