New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Trouble in ITP sector: Recruiting For Paranoia WW (mods please move)

It was a perfectally normal day in ITP sector with happy citizens living the wonderful life all citizens of alpha complex live under the glorious rule of Friend Computer.

Suddenly, when most citizens were watching the Teela-O-MLY show (episode 234, Teela versus the Hideous Humanists), alarm sirens sounded. Blast doors closed over the exits from ITP sector and the eyeball of Friend Computer appeared on every screen in the sector.

"Greetings Citizens of ITP sector, Commie Mutant Traitors have sabotaged the sectors Clone tanks. ITP sector is undergoing a Super Fun Lockdown procedure until the traitors have been found and identified. All citizens are ordered to continue their daily lives. Meanwhile, those citizens of Red clearance or higher may engage in the very fun activity of hunting down and terminating the traitors. Internal security is standing by to assist you, and an elite team of troubleshooters is being mobilized at this very moment! Also, Armed Forces Termination squads have been mobilized and are covering all exits from the sector with shoot-to-terminate orders, anybody who attempts to leave during the lockdown will be reduced to subatomic particles. We know the traitors were RED clerance, therefore everybody above Red clearance with the exception of designated Internal Security personel is to leave the sector. Thank you for your cooperation citizens!
    Thought of the Day: Happiness is Mandatory."

With that the sirens stop, the blast doors stay down, and the Teela-O-MLY show continues.

The Roles
    Spoiler
    Show

Citizen (villager): You are a Red clearance citizen of ITP sector who is not involved in this communist plot. Your goal is to survive and ferret out the traitors.
    Troubleshooter(Baner/mason): You are part of the 5-clone troubleshooter team sent into ITP sector, every nightcycle you and your team may either protect or terminate a citizen. However, because you were chosen for loyalty rather than skill, you individually only have a 20% chance of succeeding in your task. All surviving troubleshooters always work together, so if one of you dies your chances of success decrease by 20%. You know who else is on your team. You win if the traitors are defeated.
    Intsec Agent (Seer): You are a Blue clearance Intsec agent, because of this you have access to the security cameras positioned around ITP sector. Though you pretend to be Red clearance during the daycycles, at night you can check the camera records for one other citizen and see what they are. You win if the traitors are defeated.
    Intsec Suspect (Fool): You are also a Blue clearance Intsec agent, however you are under suspicion and so you unknowingly access tampered records. You get a random chance to identify somebody as a citizen or a traitor. You win if the traitors are defeated.

Traitors (All traitors know who the other traitors are):
    PURGE member (wolf): DEATH TO THE COMPUTER! The commies wish they could have sabotaged the clone tanks, that was all your doing. You and your fellow PURGE members will take out one citizen a nightcycle until you have total dominance over ITP sector. Your goal is to outnumber the citizens. During the day you live your life as a Red Clearance citizen.
    PURGE ringleader (Alpha): You lead the local PURGE cell. As a result you have been much more careful about your actions, though you are a PURGE member Intsec agents will scry you as an ordinary citizen.
    Computer Phreak (devil): You’re not really into the whole PURGE thing, but at least it’s a challenge, also they pay well. During the day you live as a Red clearance citizen, but at night you hack Intsec’s database and check the security records to see what other people are.

Check Werewolf Central for the basic game rules.
    I also need a High Programmer (Assistant Narrator).
    Citizen List for ITP sector
    Zombie-R-ITP (Zombie Pixie)
    Freshmeat-R-ITP
    Griever-R-ITP
    Murska-R-ITP
    Ed-R-ITP (Emperor Deamonking)
    Dallas-R-ITP (Dallas Dakota)
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-07-09 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Trouble in ITP sector: Recruiting For Paranoia WW (mods please move)

In please?
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trouble in ITP sector: Recruiting For Paranoia WW (mods please move)

In with filler text.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #4

Default Re: Trouble in ITP sector: Recruiting For Paranoia WW (mods please move)

Looks like quite an entertaining setting you've got there...I'm tentatively willing to volunteer to co-narrate. When are you planning to get this started?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by GAThraawn View Post
    Looks like quite an entertaining setting you've got there...I'm tentatively willing to volunteer to co-narrate. When are you planning to get this started?
    It's not my setting.
    Here's the Wikipedia entry
    And TVtropes
    Tvtropes sums it up as thus
    "Imagine a world designed by Kafka, Stalin, Orwell, Huxley, Sartre, and the Marx Brothers... "
    I'll start after a decent number of people sign up.

@V Iv'e got some travel plans, so I'll want to talk to my Co-narrator when they volunteer to pick a good start date.
    Last edited by BRC; 2008-07-08 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

You should clear a start date in the Werewolf Central thread. We don't have any games starting any time soon (at least not to my knowledge), so it shouldn't be a problem.

I may or may not join up. Right now I'm pretty burned out and have the insatiable urge to crawl inside a whiskey bottle and stay there...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Sign me up!
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be in. Interesting setting.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Sign me up.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe in, depends on if I get killed in some games or not.
    Scratch that, I'm in.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2008-07-09 at 11:43 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Sure, count me in. I already got killed in pretty much every other game.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-07-09 at 01:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Pushes the big red button *in*.
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    And TVtropes
    Tvtropes sums it up as thus
    "Imagine a world designed by Kafka, Stalin, Orwell, Huxley, Sartre, and the Marx Brothers... "
    I'll start after a decent number of people sign up.
    Is this the TV Tropes game that Shades of Gray was thinking of doing?
    I never got a date for it from him....

If it's a different game, I'd ask that you please schedule a start date in WW Central.
    I know it sucks, but it is in everyone's best interest to do so.
    There's info about it in the scheduling post in that thread. Explains everything.