New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Camp Sleep S'More (Day Two)

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    "Don't care what the jerk thinks. I should pick up a bunch of rocks and throw them at him when he's near other people and not care if some of them hit the other people. Cause that's the same thing he thinks is okay about his pranking.

Oh, collateral damage is okay as long as I get what I want, and I'll claim it's all about 'standing up to a bully'. And use all these big words like I'm some sort of adult, but I'll keep harping on the fact that I'm a little six year old.

Yeah. Little six year old jerk. Like I couldn't speak as fancy as all that if I wanted to. Arrogant jerk with his big words and tarballing anyone who dares to disagree with his stupid beliefs. Well I can be petty too," he retorts with a sniff, rubbing his eyes a moment.

"I just don't want to end up a jerk like him."

*Ranna hearing all the commotion tips up her fedora hat and spies helgraf*

Now my mama would hit me round the noggin with a slipper, if i said bad words. So I don't like no-ones who is a-saying bad words!! Only nasties say bad words is what i am told. So shut up helgraf!
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post

((You know who seems like the bully here to me? You. You are the one who has set up the pranks, and Thadow has only pranked you once. He hasn't done anything to any of us, yet you expect us to rally to your cause. You claim he's a bully, and you need our help because you're "only six". Your character is plainly using adult vocabulary, and you're reading a book on "Advanced Electronic Systems"! The first thing you did in this WW was terrorise F11B1DD-R, and then threaten Thadow, who was only acting like an average kid. When Helgraf didn't ingore you, you started insulting him for not standing up to a bully. He was. You!))
    I apologise for the ooc discussion of RP, but my RP character isn't going to say anything anytime soon.
    ((wow that's highly colored. I'm only responding to correct the following inconsistencies...
    1) The FIRST thing that happened was Shadow, Godmodded me, pulled my shirt over my head and called me buttfathe. I don't know what sort of kids you hang around with but to me that's not exactly the good manners of an average kid.
    2) I was trying to make friends with F11B1DD-R
    3) I'm the bully?))
    Jondar in Winding Roads

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    "Don't care what the jerk thinks. I should pick up a bunch of rocks and throw them at him when he's near other people and not care if some of them hit the other people. Cause that's the same thing he thinks is okay about his pranking.

Oh, collateral damage is okay as long as I get what I want, and I'll claim it's all about 'standing up to a bully'. And use all these big words like I'm some sort of adult, but I'll keep harping on the fact that I'm a little six year old.

Yeah. Little six year old jerk. Like I couldn't speak as fancy as all that if I wanted to. Arrogant jerk with his big words and tarballing anyone who dares to disagree with his stupid beliefs. Well I can be petty too," he retorts with a sniff, rubbing his eyes a moment.

"I just don't want to end up a jerk like him."
    "Riiight. So you are calling me a loose cannon?" Jagg shrugs, "Fair enough I suppose, but once again we seem to keep coming back to the same issue like some kind of merry go round. I'm doing something. If a bunch of people told the bullies here that what they were doing was wrong then I wouldn't have to do anything. What are YOU doing? You're whining and complaining and pretending to cry and seem to want to avoid stepping up like a man. I mean hey you're even in the same cabin as the guy, how hard would it be to have a word and say "Don't pick on the little kids"? Because unless you stand up to a bully he thinks he can step all over you. Instead you make some song and dance about me and try and get everyone to think that I'M a bully and are avoiding Shadow like the plague. Tell me Darian, are you afraid of him? Or maybe you're his buddy and are acting to protect him from attention? Coz I notice he's been REALLY hard to find."

A small time later Shadow's pushbike is discovered literraly covered with post-it notes. You can't see the bike, just thousands of post-its that all read BULLY.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dan charges into the bunk, ignoring Thanatos. He walks over to his suitcase, reaches in, and attempts to pull something out. He seems to be failing.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #275

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    ((curse my inability to be online during peak hours))

I'm Nadia. Want to go back to the cafeteria? Jim might be looking for me. We were thinking of doing some pranking today, and JAGG might be a fine target! Interested?
    Frank the Warforged places all the oil cans into a bag and smiles at Nadia.

Sure, pranking is fun! Aslong as it doesn't include Rust Monsters.. damn things. So, uh, where's Jagg?
    Last edited by Almighty Salmon; 2008-03-18 at 06:19 PM.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mountain Faerie flits around camp. She notices some of the kids are overly stressed. You kids need to settle down. Camp is supposed to be fun, not angry and volatile. There is no reason to continue this angry behavior. Why don't you all go down to the lake for a swim?

((ooc: We want everyone to enjoy reading the posts, so lets keep it frivolous. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Larra thinks this sounds like a grand idea and flits off to her cabin to get a bathing suit.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

"How about you give us boys a ride Miss Faerie?"

A smile can be seen on Mordy's face. Not a malicious smile, but a genuine one.

"I always wondered what it felt like if you can fly."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

9. - Top - End - #279

Dan sees Larra run into the cabin. "Mind giving me a hand here?" He's still struggling with something in his suitcase.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

10. - Top - End - #280

"Oh sure, whatcha doin? Ms. Faerie says we should go swimming, so I'm going to go swimming." She hops over to Dan's bed to see what he has in his bag.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose, having eaten to her satisfaction, clears away her dishes and goes outside to join the other campers.

Swimming eh? THat sounds like it could be amusing...

She heads back to her cabin to get her swim suit.

((point forthcoming, I'm still thinking about it))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Sven pokes his head above the waterline and waves at everyone else.

"C'mon in! The water's great!"

13. - Top - End - #283

"Trying to get this out. Grab on and pull, but watch out - it's heavy." Larra will see that Dan is attempting to pull a rectangular block of dark wood from his bag.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

Larra comes over and pulls "Oh...this is heavy! What is it? And how did you fit it in your suitcase?" She looks at the suitcase suspiciously. "Is it magic?"

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285

"What, the suitcase or what's in it? Both are, in any case. If I can get it out, I'll show you what it is." Dan pulls some more on the block of wood. Slowly, it slides out of the suitcase... as it comes all the way out, Dan kicks the suitcase to the side, drops the wooden object onto the floor, and heaves out a sigh of relief. The wooden object that now stands next to him appears to be a mahogany bookcase, twice the size of the suitcase, filled with strange looking-books and arcane runes.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Larra steps back, a bit from surprise and a bit from the weight of hauling out the bookshelf. "Wooooow" She pokes at a book.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

The book seems to jump a bit. Dan slides the bookshelf up to the wall, and starts skimming it's contents. "The suitcase is a Bag of Holding - it's bigger on the outside then on the inside. If you see a scrollcase in there, tell me. This bookcase is warded against any sort of intrusion on it's contents with intent to damage or steal. It was a present from my dad for camp. It has a bunch of books on arcana, magical history, and suchlike." He pauses as his finger passes over a books. "Apparently, it's also got a math textbook." He sighs. "Anyways, now that this is out, I can look for my scrolls in my suit - wait a second, I don't recognize this book. It doesn't have a title, and I've never seen it before." Dan slides the book out of the shelf, and plops down on the bed to see what it is.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Down on the lake, the "dread pirate" Evvie waves his hook in the air, eyepatch askew.

Alright me hearties! We have launched our pirate ship .....
    err - what were we going to call it again?

No matter.
    Roll out the cannon!
    ((no, we don't really have a cannon . Just use your slingshot))
    Ready the cannon balls! (( the pile of water balloons over there. Sheesh use your imaginasheeun just a little won't you? ))

FIRE!

A broadside of water balloons flies through the air towards the shore.

evnafets points at Jagg
    Last edited by evnafets; 2008-03-18 at 07:48 PM.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

19. - Top - End - #289

"You mean bigger on the inside than the outside, right? Man, that would make traveling soooooo much easier." Larra skims the titles of the books, and picks one about the history of magic off the shelf. "Hey...can I borrow this?" She starts to thumb through it. When Dan finds the suspicious book, she perches on his bed and tries to see over his shoulder what he's looking at.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Ganurath looks between Helgraf and JAGG a moment before heading back to the cabin, rummaging through his backpack. "Swim trunks... Swim trunks... Forgot to pack swim trunks... I don't have any swim trunks."

21. - Top - End - #291

Dan opens the book on his lap. With a leather backing, and covered with intricate patterns of gold thread, the book seems to shine with energy in a way that none of the others do. Dan opens the front cover, with reverence. "If this is what I think it is..." Inside the cover is a note, written in a neat but flowing hand. Dan reads it quickly, and then reads it again, much more slowly. He opens the book to a random page, but when he sees the glowing runes inside, his eyes lock onto them disbelievingly. Suddenly, he pumps his fist. "YES!"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

"What is it?" Larra gazes at the rune transfixed.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Dan grins. "It's a spellbook! My first spellbook! My dad finally got me a spellbook! So that's why I didn't have any scrolls! My dad sent me a spellbook instead!" He flips the book open. "Ooh! There's Alarm in here! That'll be great for camp! Oh, and there's Grease, too! That'll make a fun prank! And he added Jump? Awesome!" Dan seems to be bursting with joy.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Seeing the others start to make plans for swimming little Pwenet looks at them and frowns.

Of course I forget to bring my bathing suit. And these robes would be horrible for swimming in.

Luckily for him he happened to have brought a few books a few levels above the average reading level for a kid his age. As he looks for a nice spot to rest he spies Jagg being pointed at by others. Shrugging he sits down, rests his scythe on his shoulder and starts reading, and occasionally watching those that are going swimming.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

25. - Top - End - #295

Larra, while not quite understanding the ramifications of this, realizes it must be something pretty exciting and cheers happily along with Dan. After the excitement settles down, she looks back at the book in her hands. "So....I can borrow this? And....are you going to come swimming?"

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

Darion shook his head. Word word word word word. It was like talking to a wall.

"Isn't right. Isn't justice. Cops don't shoot the criminals til there's no other choices. Vigigat ... Vegalam ... Vigilantes.. " He grinned knowing he'd finally gotten that word right, "do. And they're just another type of criminal."

He then headed down to his cabin to try and find something that would pass for swimwear in his bundle. Thankfully he hadn't been wearing his swim trunks, and thankfully since the bucket pranks had been disabled he could get into them without having to deal with itching powder or whatever other diseased ideas bubbled up from the criminal's mind.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

27. - Top - End - #297

Dan slaps his head. "Oh... right... sorry. Yeah, you can borrow it, just make sure to leave it in the bookshelf while you're not reading it. My dad'll kill me if it gets lost. I'll head down to the water in about fifteen minutes - I need to get my spells ready first."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

"Okay!" Larra places the book carefully back at the front of the bookshelf where she can easily find it again when she comes back and then disappears into her fort for a few moments.

When she emerges, she is clad in a bright pink bathing suit with yellow daisies imprinted on it, a pair of jean shorts and blue beaded flip flops. A large floppy straw hat has taken the place of her fedora and she is wearing giant heart shaped sunglasses and carrying a bright blue towel with turtles on it. She pauses briefly in the middle of the room and spins for any onlookers that may be interested in seeing her fantastic ensemble, before prancing out the door. "See you down there!"

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose, while walking down to the water, notices all the other kids arguing and pointing at JAGG. It is clear they are pointing at him because they feel he is a bully. She also sees Dallas punch another kid for no apparent reason...

There is certainly a lot of commotion here. All I want to do is go relax, and soak up some sunlight.

She pointedly turns her back on the arguing and heads to the lake with a towel in hand.

((Rolling a dice, as I see no real evidence at this point, but will be unable to get online again before day ends...1-5 for JAGG, 6-10 for Dallas...*rolls*...5 it is. JAGG))

((Is it wrong/nerdy that we have d10s sitting on our computer desk? ))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #300

((I like Rose's approach to this.
    Four folks have gotten more then one point: JAGG (1), Helgraf (2), Salmon (3), and DD (4). Roll, roll, roll, roll my trusty digitalized d4!
    [roll]1d4[/roll]))
    Spoiler
    Show