New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Camp Sleep S'More (Day Two)

Raldor makes quickly for the water and relaxes into the pond, clearly in his element.

Arrrrrr Captain, I be defendin the ship whilst ye lay waste to these land lubberin types like that there Jagg

He proceeds to do his best to intercept any return fire by blocking it with his shell.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

((The roll messed up. Let's try this again:
    [roll]1d4[/roll]
    Why do I get the funny feeling that I'm doing something horribly wrong here?))
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-03-18 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

((You need to have a [roll=caption] thing. Like so:
    [roll=Uncle Festy's Point]1d4[/roll]
    Edit: I think the problem is that Structured is a subsection of SMBG.))

4. - Top - End - #304
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

((Yes. The die rollers are disabled in this forum, sorry. You can use invisible castle and link to it though.)

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    "How about you give us boys a ride Miss Faerie?"

A smile can be seen on Mordy's face. Not a malicious smile, but a genuine one.

"I always wondered what it felt like if you can fly."
    Mountain Faerie pulls a large basket out of nowhere and hooks her grappling hook to the top.

Hop in boys. I need you to toss those tye dye bathing suits down to the kids who forgot theirs. I'm sure I've got something for everyone.

Hold on! I like to go fast!
    Spoiler
    Show

You love me... you really love me!

Ceikatar by the best Ceika, ever!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alarra View Post
    ((Yes. The die rollers are disabled in this forum, sorry. You can use invisible castle and link to it though.)
    ((Y'know, I really need to start using Invisible Castle I've just always found it easier to pick up the dice that are right in front of me and roll that way...*goes to Google Invisible Castle*))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

7. - Top - End - #307
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Haruki returns from one of his camp activities, looking pretty damage. His black clothes are ripped in several places and he's missing a sleeve.

After changing to a new outfit, one identical to the previous one, he goes out and surveys the campsite.

Those guys at the Ninja secret underground place-thingy........ Teach me how to throw Shuriken, teach me how to hide, teach me how to defend myself, but they never even once thought it was important to know not to get in the way of a rampaging horse!

That JAGG, on the other hand, seems to be a pretty good camper. I wonder if he's done this before?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sadie watches all the children headed for the lake.

"Ms. Faerie, Ms. Faerie! Shouldn't we make sure everyone has a swimming buddy before they get in the water? Do you want me to do it? Maybe I should also make they all have the appropriate sunscreen on, because overexposure to UV rays in childhood can lead to cancer later on, and some of these kids are pretty pale and I'm not sure that everyone's parents sent waterproof sunscreen. Although, some sun exposure is a good thing because of vitamin D, which does something important, but I don't remember what. Anyway, if anyone does get a sunburn, I brought my aloe plant, but it isn't doing so well right now because a bunch of the dirt spilled out of the pot and I forgot to take it out of my suitcase so it didn't get any sunshine or water yesterday. I also have some nail polish if there is swimmer's itch, but I couldn't find the clear, so it might look kind funny, since people would end up with colorful polkadots on their legs, but it will stop the itch anyway. Oh, and what about that Almighty Salmon kid? I don't think he should go in the water at all, do you? My first aid class didn't cover how to treat rusting..."
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

9. - Top - End - #309

Larra comes running down to the water in time to hear Sadie's speech. "Oh no...sunscreen! I knew I forgot something." She looks back up toward the cabin which is sooooo far away. "Miss Sadie? Could I borrow some sunscreen?"

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

10. - Top - End - #310

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

F11B1DD-R watches as the other campers stampede down from the cabins to the lakeside.

"There goes the neighbourhood," he quips quietly as he stands up from his spot on the beach. He then shifts his position approximately ten feet lake-ward, making his location directly in the lake. He doesn't want all the good locations to be claimed. It's then that he starts pushing water around with his bulky arms, showing something similiar to awe as he watches the curve of the surface glide above his sharp edges.

He observes, with some idle apathy, the children arriving, mentally checking them off into his Threat categories. He observes the arrival of an already categorized camper, Jagg. This does not seem to bother the little robot overmuch.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2008-03-18 at 10:21 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post

Well, at least you don't see me when im in ur consol, beetin ur hi-scorez.
    (I know I'm super late responding to this but....)

"You couldn't beat my high scores. I'm the champion of the whole world." Gizmo says, as he strolls by Haruki headed down to the beach.

With an impressive act of contortionism, suddenly Gizmo has stripped down to a bathing suit, without ever setting the PSP down.

Again, without pausing the game, he pulls a plastic cover out of his bag, and slips it over the PSP.

"Waterproof." is all he says, as he runs towards the lake, leaping over the wailing 'Larra and into the water.
    Last edited by Indurain; 2008-03-18 at 10:21 PM.
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course you can, Larra! I brought a family-sized bottle, just in case! SPF 40, good against both UV A and B, no-run, hypo-allergenic, and guaranteed waterproof! I've got it in here somewhere... Aha!"

Sadie digs through her beach bag, and then stops with a rather funny expression on her face.

"Um, well, I found it, but it seems to have leaked all over my bag. But, um, it looks like there is still plenty in there, so you go ahead and use as much as you need and encourage all the other kids to use some, too. I going to run back to my cabin and get another towel and book and stuff."

She hands Alarra a large and somewhat slimy bottle, and heads back up the path to Cabin Ye Old West.

((By the way, I love your new avatar. Adorable!))
    Last edited by SweetLikeLemons; 2008-03-18 at 10:50 PM.
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Ganurath makes his way out to the lake, wearing black shorts and a brown t-shirt. It should be noted that the shorts are not swim trunks. As previously stated, he couldn't find any. He turns his attention to Sweet, smiling as best a half-orc can without looking menacing. "None for me, don't need it with the orc in my skin."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    FoE comes wandering up to the beach. "Hey, uh, any girls need me to rub suntan lotion on their backs? 'Cause I'm a giver."

He then spots Indurain strip down to his nekkid self, and suddenly the demon clamps his hands over his four eyes. Smoke starts to seep through his fingers.

"AAARRRGHHH! IT BUUUUUURRRRRNNNS!" he screams as he runs away.
    (I'm not Indurain...I'm Gizmo...and I'm wearing a bathing suit. )
    Last edited by Indurain; 2008-03-18 at 10:56 PM.
    Masquerade Indy by Gnomish Wanderer

Quote Originally Posted by Mustiado View Post
    Still think that was an epic prank, *snip* Kudos, gentlemen.
    I was outzombied by the baby!!

15. - Top - End - #315

Nadia wanders down to the water, expecting Frank to follow her tail.
    Uh... I don't think I'll swim today, says Nadia, as she remembers her first attempt. Instead, she sits down and soaks up some sun. Frank, you won't be swimming either, will you? Nadia asks absently while throwing a duckie onto the water. She pulls out a pack of cards. Know any games?

Just as she says this, she remembers that Jim has probably been waiting a few hours for her... Quickly, she bolts off, and dashes around the camp, trying to find Jim as quickly as possible, while being discreet so as not to give up their position.

(( this thread grows by 3 pages every time I leave! slow down, guys!))
    Last edited by Nychta; 2008-03-18 at 11:36 PM.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

16. - Top - End - #316

Larra slathers some sunscreen on quickly, before setting up her area. She folds her shorts, hat, glasses and shoes neatly and sets them on her towel before racing into the water.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    (( this thread grows by 3 pages every time I leave! slow down, guys!))
    ((Restraint is for those who can't handle their full power.))

18. - Top - End - #318

((Are you kidding me? Four pages since the last time I was able to read this thread?))

Wholly unable to keep up with what everyone is saying, Zeb points at JAGG, and asks "Why's everybody mad at that kid?"
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

19. - Top - End - #319

Darion also has forgotten sunscreen, but he's rather timid, so he sort of hovers outside of range of where Larra was sunscreening from a bag ... wants to ask, doesn't want to impose, kinda embaressed he'd forgotten something so important, what to do, what to do ... pace pace pace pace...
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    ((Restraint is for those who can't handle their full power.))
    ((Of course. Anyone got smart ideas on how I can sneak onto this thread during school?
    @v: Top marks! Anything that is a little more shneeky than that, perhaps?))
    Last edited by Nychta; 2008-03-19 at 12:35 AM.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

((Of course. Anyone got smart ideas on how I can sneak onto this thread during school?))
    (Try a computer.))

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

((wow looks like the bandwagon has REALLY gotten going. I'll probably still be asleep when Hippie tallies the lynching so I'd just like to say... Oh well if I'm out I'm out. BTW guys I hope you don't think the RP character is anything like me IRL And I'd just like to state for the record again. That I'm not from the wrong side of the tracks....but whether you believe me or not it seems moot at this point. See ya guys have fun.))

JAGG takes a ride in the basket with the other kids, borrows some tie dyed swimming trucks, and sits in the water. (he can't swim very well).
    Last edited by Jagg; 2008-03-19 at 01:35 AM.
    Jondar in Winding Roads

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Little Banjo hears Mountain Fairie mention the pool and jumps completely out of Dallas' trench in excitement.

"You mean we can go swimming? Cool!"

Little Banjo slings his fuzzy slippers into a corner and runs down towards the water, looking for someone to make friends with. The only person he's spoke to so far has disappeared, so it's probably no surprise people seem to be avoiding him.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

24. - Top - End - #324
    Halfling in the Playground

((Of course. Anyone got smart ideas on how I can sneak onto this thread during school?

How about implanting stuff in your head, including a satellite based internet connection. Or you could get one of those computers you can wear.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Assuming you have access to computers throughout the school day and said computers use the Windows OS:
    When on a computer, either collapse to toolbar or stack it with internet browsers, open something that looks like relevant research and then this thread. ALT -> TAB over to the relevant research page (Its a keystroke and a half - nigh imperceptable) whenever someone looks over your shoulder. This is more effective if you actually do some "relevant research" on the side, so your spy doesn't see the same screen multiple times. That'll blow your cover fast.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

26. - Top - End - #326

((I feel kind of bad with all the rp going on and i dont even have time to do write anything, I should have planned this vacation a bit better....))

27. - Top - End - #327
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bargin goes out from the cabin, dressed in his blue-and-silver robes.
    he sits by the pond, alone, and seems to meditate, hopefully undisturbed.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thanatos5150 View Post
    Assuming you have access to computers throughout the school day and said computers use the Windows OS:
    When on a computer, either collapse to toolbar or stack it with internet browsers, open something that looks like relevant research and then this thread. ALT -> TAB over to the relevant research page (Its a keystroke and a half - nigh imperceptable) whenever someone looks over your shoulder. This is more effective if you actually do some "relevant research" on the side, so your spy doesn't see the same screen multiple times. That'll blow your cover fast.
    (Meh, I just tell them its a english project. Focusing on grammar and spelling and the likes. They believe it, so I have free rein on the forums when I´m at a school computer, even once they acccepted, while I was reading the HoH! which is NSFW)

Suncreen thingy does not matter! Fur is good!
    With that he runs into the water.
    Hiding two jars of cookies in the sand for when he comes back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

29. - Top - End - #329

((I use some of my limited time on the computer to point at a completly random person in this game.
    Just to prevent autolych))
    Shadowcaller votes for.....Ganurath!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Pixie in the Playground

After deep in thought about the rest of the campers and much pondering in where or not they can't be trusted, he comes to a final desision that he finds quite logical and reasonably thought out. Jerry thinks Fenris Hybrid has a stupid sounding name still.