New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Camp Sleep S'More (Night One)

Rose, minus the fuzzy slippers, as they are not outdoor wear, heads over to the story circle, and finds a seat away from the other kids.

I wonder if these stories are as scary as everyone has said they are...well, I suppose we'll find out soon.

She leans back against the log and waits for the fire.

Maybe there will be marshmellows. That's one thing humans have gotten right.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

2. - Top - End - #182
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Larra sits on a log with her fellow mafia cabinmates, cause Goof's right...they should stick together, plus she's already made two friends there. She tries very hard to listen to the conversation that Goof and Jontom are having and wanting to jump in periodically, finds herself unable to keep up. She turns to Dan instead. "I can't believe we almost missed the fire!"

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dan accepts the jacket from Ganurath. "Thanks!" He calls over to Smellie Hippie. "Does this camp have a camp song yet?" Then, Dan turns towards Larra. "Yeah. That would have been bad. I wonder what it'll be like?" He turns back to Darion. "Haven't done much, to be honest. Mostly talked to people. Oh, and I dented a wall." He pauses. "Wait a second. If you're dirty, that means I can... Prestidigitation!" A light blue glow surrounds Dan's hands. He slowly begins waving them over Darion's clothes, and the mud (or whatever it is) just... slides off - about 1 ft3/6 seconds. "Ah, Prestidigitation - is there anything you can't do?"
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-03-17 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Joining the other kids by the fire, Mordy is looking a little worse for the wear. And more then little wet.

"If I find the idiot who dugged the trench next to the Pirate cabin he'll be walking the plank, I can assure him that."

He then sits down, in the first free spot he can find.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #185

Gather round kiddies, it’s time to get this thing started. C’mon, don’t be shy… there’s room for everyone!

*smellie_hippie stands before the blazing bonfire and casts a shadow that is both intimidating and hilarious. He takes a long pull of his ever-present coffee mug, and winks knowingly at the janitor. He tosses a small object into the blaze behind him, and once again the flames leap with a whoosh.*

I thought we’d start this year off with a bang, and tell you something about… Julianna. She was the lifeguard at the camp pool a few years back...

But Mr. Hippie… there’s no pool here.

Not anymore. You see, Julianna was a great lifeguard. She was very conscientious about safety and rules. She made sure every kid had water wings and stopped all the horseplay and running around the pool. She also made sure that we always had a nice clean “ool”… you know… with no “pee” in it. The problem was, she was overly corrective of everyone… to the point of ridiculousness. She even put ME in water wings the last year she was here! The other problem was that Julianna spent most of her life guarding time working on her sun tan. She reserved the best lounge chair for herself, used expensive tanning lotions, set the kitchen timer for turning over (which always meant lunch was cold or burnt) and caused a major distraction amongst our teenage boys.

The last year she was here, some of the girls who vied for attention finally got fed up with her. During the sunniest day at camp, they stole Julianna’s sun tan lotion. She was devastated. She searched through everyone’s locker at the pool house trying to find something, until one of the girls approached her with the second part of their scheme.

Here Julianna, she said, I heard that in a pinch you can use Crisco if you’re going for a nice even color…

Well Julianna snatched that tub of lard out of her hands, slathered herself up and claimed her recliner next to the pool. She set her timer for a half hour and flipped over at every ding for the entire afternoon. By the time the sun set, all that was left was a whistle……………. and a very large piece of crispy bacon.

That’s it for tonight kids! Get a good night’s sleep, and we’ll see you bright and early in the morning!

*As all the campers head off to bed, they can't shake that feeling that perhaps the camp director might need to cut back on spiking his coffee...*

Spoiler
    Show
    The following morning finds 53 campers bleary eyed and counting heads.
    *blink blink*
    Wait a second... 53 campers!? Who's missing!?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Walking inside Cabin Werewolf, you can see that one of the bunks has been covered in strips of bacon. A small note on top of the pile simply reads....
    Ask ZombieRockStar if we were serious or not. CWSotT.

Spoiler
    Show
    ZombieRockStar was scared away from camp on night one, he was a camper.
    Day Two begins now.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

6. - Top - End - #186

Default Re: Camp Sleep S'More (Day Two)

((Ok. I just skimmed the other threads on Page 1 of Structured Games, and this thread has got to have the most posts within day & night 1 of any WW game. I don't know why anyone would care, but I'm just saying.))
    Dan wakes up, and begins unpacking his bag. "I know they've gotta be in here somewhere..."
    ((More to come, gotta go.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

7. - Top - End - #187

A car screeches to a halt outisde of the camp as the passenger door swings open. A young Warforged child leaps out of the vehicle, holding several heavy suitcases. Yes mum, I'll miss you too. Yeah yeah, i'll oil myself everday! I'm gonna go and meet (and possibly flatten) the other campers now, bye! The ground shakes as the Warforged leaps towards the camp, grinning as he nears the other kids. Hi! Sorry i'm a day late, There was a bit of trouble with a few rust monsters on the M6. I won't bore you with the details.
    Last edited by Almighty Salmon; 2008-03-17 at 08:59 PM.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

I always thought that kid looked a little overdone....What? All I'm saying is if anyone needed some more time in the sun. His skin looked like he'd been hiding six feet under for ages.

Well, CWSotT don't scare me, no way! They mess with me - they mess with the whole family, right cabin?

I'm going to head to get breakfast. What's on the menu? Oatmeal? Eggs? Grits? Baco...oh sorry, little too soon. Sausages?

Supagoof says with his chest puffed out showing courage. Courage that could be easily deflated like the cowardly lion in the wizard of oz, but still a display of courage.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

9. - Top - End - #189

Hit by a duckie, Nadia blearily awakens. Stumbling out of bed and rubbing her eyes, she bangs into a few bunks before she manages to get dressed and out the door. When she opens her eyes properly, she sees the warforged amongst the stream of kids off to breakfast...

Hi. Guess you won't be eating, either.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

10. - Top - End - #190

Larra stays in her fort, blissfully unaware of any bacon going on over in cabin werewolf, doodling and avoiding activities. For some reason she woke up feeling somewhat unsociable.

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

11. - Top - End - #191

Dan's stomach rumbles. "Aargh! They're not in here!" His stomach rumbles. "Fine. I'll unpack everything after breakfast. Anyways, I'll probably need some help getting the bookshelf out." He walks over to Larra's bed, and knock on one of the bedposts. "You gonna go to breakfast?"
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Larra pokes her head out. "Oh...right...I suppose eating would be a good idea." She climbs out of her fort already dressed and ready to go. "Oooh, I hope they have strawberry pancakes!"

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Supagoof arrives at the food hall to hear a clattering of silverware and plastic trays on the table tops. He grabs a tray and gets his food, grabbing a glass for milk already sitting at the mafia table. He sits down and fills his glass, emptying the container.

You kill it! Yoooou fill it!

What?

Them's the rules.

Fine.

He gets back up and goes to get another pitcher of milk. He then heads to the table and sees the other cabin mates joining him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

14. - Top - End - #194

"Mmm. Strawberry pancakes sound yummy. I wonder if they have cinnamon buns?" Dan heads off to the dining hall.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Sven comes bounding in and takes a look at the breakfast buffet.
    "Aww.... no firebreath stew... nuts. But we got pancakes! He piles his plate high with pancakes and heads to a table, but decides it'd be fun to see if he can balance the plate on his snout. Wobbling precariously, he makes it most of the way, before slipping on a grease spot and falling on his tail, sending the pancakes flying in the air. They then flop down on his head, covering his eyes, sending him into gales of laughter. Sven then proceeds to eat the pancakes from off his own head, and enjoying them immensely.

16. - Top - End - #196

Supagoof joins in the smattering of applause caused by the dropping of stuff in the dining hall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    Hit by a duckie, Nadia blearily awakens. Stumbling out of bed and rubbing her eyes, she bangs into a few bunks before she manages to get dressed and out the door. When she opens her eyes properly, she sees the warforged amongst the stream of kids off to breakfast...

Hi. Guess you won't be eating, either.
    The Warforged carelessly drops his suitcases on the ground and looks over at Nadia, smiling.

Well, I like oil. Do they have any oil here? Boy, I sure do love oil. Mmhm. Oil, gotta love it. Oily oily oil.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose comes into the Mess Hall, and looks around at what the others are eating. She walks over towards the kitchen and speaks for a minute with the cooks, before walking away with a plate full of barely seared meat. Sitting, she then fills a glass with what appears to be wine.

It's a good thing Mother and Father sent some supplies with me, otherwise this would be a very unpleasant time...imagine...me drinking milk of all things!
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

19. - Top - End - #199

She furrows her brow for a moment, flicking her tail in thought.
    I'm pretty sure there's some in the supply shed. I remember taking a little for some pranking.

She points towards a shed in the distance.

Want me to show you? she asks, smiling.
    formerly known as xNadia

20. - Top - End - #200

Larra gathers up a heaping pile of pancakes. While they aren't strawberry, there are strawberries there, so she piles a bunch of them, and whip cream on her stack, before moving to sit with her other mafiamates.

Seeing Goof arrive at their table with a newly full pitcher of milk, she thanks him and pours herself a glass.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

((Such a statement about milk from a fellow midwesterner. I'm shocked ER! ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    ((Such a statement about milk from a fellow midwesterner. I'm shocked ER! ))
    ((LIES! Who said I was a midwesterner?!? Was it Andre...he's been trying to make me one. I'm a Southerner born and bred! While I haven't ever had wine for breakfast, drinking milk is just not my thing....coffee now, that's a different story ))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

23. - Top - End - #203

The Warforged child grins broadly as he hears about the supply shed.

Yes please! Take me to the oil, pretty girl!

He'll follow behind Nadia, staring in amazement at her tail as if he's mesmerized.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    ((LIES! Who said I was a midwesterner?!? Was it Andre...he's been trying to make me one. I'm a Southerner born and bred! While I haven't ever had wine for breakfast, drinking milk is just not my thing....coffee now, that's a different story ))
    *Listens for the stampede of cows now trampling their way to Eden Prairie.....*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    *Listens for the stampede of cows now trampling their way to Eden Prairie.....*
    ((*attempts to pacify the murderous cows from Crystal by putting some milk in the coffee*

Back, back I say!))
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

26. - Top - End - #206

"Yeah, prank 'im back, because you know that will solve everything. Jerk. Yeah, I should try to convince O'Thadow to play nice because I was randomly put in his cabin. Whatever."

Darion stumped back to his cabin and slept. WHen the morning came, and he heard about the bacon thing, he stomped over to JAGG and *pointed at him*. "Couldn't get enough fun out of making another little kid ruin his clothes and trying to sabotage our cabin, could you? Now you're wasting food and scaring others away too! YOU JERK!"

Darion turned and ran away back toward his cabin and the digging project. At least this was a plan he could do something meaningful about.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2008-03-17 at 09:23 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

27. - Top - End - #207

Nadia arrives at the battered old shed, opens the door, and pokes the warforged out of his mesmerisation. (is that a word?)

Here's the oil, warforged child... wait, I can't keep calling you that, can I? What's your name?
    formerly known as xNadia

28. - Top - End - #208

Thankyou! The Warforged embraces Nadia in a tight hug, probably too tight. He then happily skips into the shed, literally stroking the oil cans. A smile appears upon his face as he looks back at Nadia. My name's Frank, Frank the Warforged. What's yours?

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

The Fullbladder, recharged from his rest period in the closet, looks at what the other children are eating with his emotionless little expression. Then he shrugs and wanders off.

He sits at the edge of the lake, just outside tidal range. And there, as with everything else he's done thus far, the little cubist machine's actions are composed primarily of staring across the water.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    "Yeah, prank 'im back, because you know that will solve everything. Jerk. Yeah, I should try to convince O'Thadow to play nice because I was randomly put in his cabin. Whatever."

Darion stumped back to his cabin and slept. WHen the morning came, and he heard about the bacon thing, he stomped over to JAGG and *pointed at him*. "Couldn't get enough fun out of making another little kid ruin his clothes and trying to sabotage our cabin, could you? Now you're wasting food and scaring others away too! YOU JERK!"

Darion turned and ran away back toward his cabin and the digging project. At least this was a plan he could do something meaningful about.
    After Darion gives Jagg a serve he stands on top of his chair and sends a volley back to him in a nice loud voice in front of all the diners.

"Yeah you SHOULD convince Shadow to play nice you neanderthal. Why's Shadow going to listen to me? I'm six and significantly smaller than him, so unless I want him to use me as a doorstep he needs to know that I shouldn't be messed with and I also told him that he shouldn't mess with anyone else. So guess what I'm doing..I'm protecting others, which you seem incapable of doing. So just grow a pair already will you? And I'll make this offer to everyone here, if someone picks on you, tell me and I'll prank them so bad they won't know what hit them. So the only one's to fear anything from me are the ones who want to bully the other kids.

Now a nice guy would protect those unable to do so themselves, so I guess we know from that what sort of guy you are..either you're a bad guy, or you are apathetic. Now it's not my fault either that you are in the same cabin as Shadow and I already apologised to you. I don't LIKE bullies, and I'm sure you've heard the quote, "All that evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Well I'm not doing nothing...what are YOU doing smart guy? You're complaining and moaning about the situation ya big baby. You seem to be angry with me for standing up for myself for some reason. What? Want me to be a doormat that you can stomp all over me? Not gonna happen.

Now I had nothing to do with any kid leaving, so stop calling me a jerk and get back in your box where I don't have to listen to you whining like a puppy Darion.

Jagg then turns calmly back to his breakfast cereal and his book on advanced electronic systems as if nothing had happened.
    Jondar in Winding Roads