New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Freedom City Issue #2: Time of Vengeance

((OOC: I guess I was the victim of fuzzy science , but I think that the x-ray is a good point buy so I will spend my pp on that as I wanted it anyway ))

Apex finishes scanning the building and turns to talk to Fireblade when he notices he is missing, and so is Aesir! Now where did everyone go...

Apex spots Tempo and Soul finishing up chatting with the lead detective and walks over.

"Uh oh. Whatever happened to the missing person must've happened to them!"
    "I was just about to ask you if saw where Fireblade and Aesir went, but I guess that answers my question! I scanned the building, nothing seems out of place besides all the police running around inside...but...I don't know, its probably nothing but there was one nurse on the third floor, holding some document...could be 'Nurse Jenny' but then again so could every other nurse in this building. By the way, what did the detective say? We find out anything?"
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-03-25 at 10:36 AM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

"The guy in charge didn't take to us. If we want to get Aesir and Fireblade back, we're going to have to do it ourselves.Nurse Jenny could be our only lead. Lead on, Apex." Tempo clenches his fists. "It's personal now."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-03-25 at 11:37 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Fireblade quietly mutters a message to the rest of the team into his communicator. Okay, Aesir and I are inside the hospital. We're going to go look for this Jenny character; join us when you can. Man, these things are cool. I feel like Jack Bauer.

Fireblade nods politely in greeting to the reception nurse, and walks over, placing his gloved hands in easy view rather than going for the Purel dispenser. Politely, in the courteous tone of voice he reserves solely for people over 60, he asks, "Excuse me, ma'am, but we're looking for a nurse who works here. Her name is 'Jenny', I believe. Do you know where we can find her?"
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-03-25 at 11:56 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

4. - Top - End - #34

Fan club? Jeez. I haven't so much as bothered with a public interview. If I was a glory hound, you'd think I'd be going for a flashier outfit and codename. Hell, I'd go for a prettier face...

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    "Wow. He sure wasn't very nice. Tempo turns to Soul. "Though the sarcasm probably didn't help much. Anyway, what now? And where did everyone go?" Tempo rapidly looks around the outside of the hospital. "Uh oh. Whatever happened to the missing person must've happened to them!"
    "Guys, don't you think you're jumping the gu..."
    Soul was interrupted by Fireblade's report over the communicator. "We're joining you inside. The police wasn't very cooperative; all we know so far is that it's a missing persons case."
    Turning back to Tempo and Apex, she then gestures toward the hospital. "Let's go."
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempo turns red. "Er, it seems I overreacted a little. Anyway, we should probably head in the back way, so we don't get chewed out by the good detective."

6. - Top - End - #36

Apex grins as he see's Tempo turn red. "I also think the back way would be best, I'll meet you guys at the door!" With that, Apex jumps into the air and does a quick flight to the back door, checking the area for any police or suspicious activity before landing.
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-03-25 at 12:50 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

7. - Top - End - #37

((Back door it is.))

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

The nurse goes over the records once she realizes who you are. She bats her eyes, then sets down to work with three-inch blue nails clacking on the keyboard.
    Nurse Jenny? Hmm, let me see. Well, there's nurse Jenny on the third floor. New girl, but I can't imagine what she wants to see superheroes for. Even delightfully cute ones... I'll call up.
    She picks up the phone and dials an extension.

Backdoor: your superhero skills get you in easily enough. Going up to the mortuary, you see the hallway is dark, cold. This is obviously not a patient-friendly area, and no money has been wasted to spruce it up. The doors to the mortuary can be seen at the end of the hall. You can also see another doorway, the door removed, opposite the mortuary. There is the sound of humming, interrupted by a telephone's ring. a female voice is heard.

Trinity Hospital, Mortuary. Yes, this is she.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Fireblade waits patiently for the ten seconds this phone call will presumably take.

((Read: I am foisting responsibility for the next post on Team Soul/Tempo/Apex))
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Fireblade waits patiently for the ten seconds this phone call will presumably take.

((Read: I am foisting responsibility for the next post on Team Soul/Tempo/Apex))
    ((Eh, let's just say we're all heading to the third floor to find nurse Jenny.))

11. - Top - End - #41

Apex whispers to Soul and Tempo, "Maybe this is who we are looking for...if not, maybe she knows who or where Nurse Jenny is. I'll go ask...cover me!"

Apex stands up straight and walks toward the door where the woman's voice was heard. He steps in and addresses the woman.

"Excuse me Miss, I am Apex, new member of the Freedom League, and I am looking for a Nurse Jenny who works here, do you know where she is?"

((OOC: I guess this assumes that the person on the phone is actually a person and not a tentacled space monster or something...))
    Thog fan 4 life

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempo stands behind Apex and tries to look as friendly as he can.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Third Floor:

The second Apex goes to the doorway, the young woman there gives a startled scream, and drops the phone. She clutches her heart for a moment, then sits down. You came! I wasn't sure if it would work. I'm nurse Jenny, I'm the one who sent the message.

She shows the peice of paper with the message you saw on it.

I hope it's alright that I called you. I didn't know who else to turn to.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    Third Floor:

The second Apex goes to the doorway, the young woman there gives a startled scream, and drops the phone. She clutches her heart for a moment, then sits down. You came! I wasn't sure if it would work. I'm nurse Jenny, I'm the one who sent the message.

She shows the peice of paper with the message you saw on it.

I hope it's alright that I called you. I didn't know who else to turn to.
    "Well, that depends on what you called us for", says Soul. "Does it have anything to do with the missing persons case the police is investigating? And if yes, why go to us, rather than the police themselves?" She doesn't sound reproachful, just curious.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

below: you guys hear the scream on the other end of the phone, and the sound of the phone hitting the ground on the other end. The nurse at the desk talks into the phone Hello? Nurse Jenny? You there?

Third Floor:

Yeah, of course! The police don't have anything to work with, they don't know what's going on... and they won't listen to me. There were... patients, they went missing. That's why the police came. What they don't believe is that there was someone here talking to at lest one of them, I saw that. Whoever it was, I don't think they were human, and I don't think the Police can find them. There was something... wrong about him. There was this smell...

The nurse is young, blone, and pretty in a girl-next-door way.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

below: you guys hear the scream on the other end of the phone, and the sound of the phone hitting the ground on the other end. The nurse at the desk talks into the phone Hello? Nurse Jenny? You there?

Third Floor:

Yeah, of course! The police don't have anything to work with, they don't know what's going on... and they won't listen to me. There were... patients, they went missing. That's why the police came. What they don't believe is that there was someone here talking to at lest one of them, I saw that. Whoever it was, I don't think they were human, and I don't think the Police can find them. There was something... wrong about him. There was this smell...

The nurse is young, blone, and pretty in a girl-next-door way.
    "...We're going to need a lot more information. Tell us all."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc: Fireblade and Aesir, I can totally zip you guys up to the mortuary level to save narration space. Thus the phone call.

IC: Nurse Jenny explains.

Well, you probably heard a bunch of patients went missing last night. A lot of them, all at once, from our paliative care ward. I used to be down there, and I was changing the beds when I smelled... well, it was like rotten eggs or smoke. I'm used to some bad smells, but I went to check it out anyway. There was a man, wearing a really nice suit. I can't remember his face, exactly, but he was moving from bed to bed, leaning in and whispering. We don't allow in visitors without checking in with me, so I went to speak with him. He vanished. I didn't see him move or anything, but he just wasn't there. Neither were the missing patients.
    I told all this to the police, and to the admins here, but they didn't believe me. They didn't see him on the security cameras, or the missing patients, so they moved me up here to the... ugh. I don't like being around dead people!

She shivers.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

So...either she's gone nuts, or we have a really mysterious kidnapper. And given that these people did, after all, disappear...I don't think the whole thing was just in her head. But it doesn't look like the police here want to deal with paranormal stuff...that might explain why they dismissed her testimony. Shoddy. Human, but shoddy.

"You're saying he didn't appear on cameras, even though you could see him just fine? That would normally mean either that something was tampering with the cameras, or that he himself wasn't fully there - but rather, present in a form that could be sensed by the human mind, despite leaving no physical trace. The former method would suggest technology; the latter, magic.
    Can you describe that man any further? Also, who were the patients who disappeared?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Fireblade elbows Aesir. "Quickly, Aesir. To the bat-mortuary!" he shouts stage-whispers (they are in a hospital, after all).

Fireblade arrives in time to hear Nurse Jenny's description, and walks in snapping his fingers. "Wait...rotten eggs and smoke, I know this one...ooh, what's the stuff called. You get it in volcanoes. Brimstone! Yeah, that."

((I know who this is, let's see if Fireblade (or, more accurately, his much smarter empathic weapon) does:
    Knowledge (Arcane Lore) (1d20 4=21)))
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Nurse Jenny gives Soul a print out with a list of names. None of them are immediately obvious.

ooc: Fireblade... doesn't remember anyone who fits that description in particular; there are lists and lists of infernal-themed villains.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Hmm...can't really narrow it down. There's like a couple dozen major demon-ish bad guys out there, and that's not counting the possibility of wizards or mad scientists who happened to be messing around with sulfur," Fireblade concludes.

"What we do know is that he can teleport and he's a snappy dresser. That's a pretty big category, though. Hell, it'd include me if he kept a lighter handy and was trying to get to a fireplace."

Wait, why don't I do that?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

"Did the patients have anything in common medically? Like, they all had the same disease, or they shared a symptom or something?"

23. - Top - End - #53

Aesir, who seem to have been holding his breath this whole time, finally opens his mouth

They didn't have some sort of disintegration sickness that we're going to catch by being here did they?!

24. - Top - End - #54

"Oh no...Disintegritis! A terrible affliction...I saw a platoon on Thufir IV that came down with that...they were laying in their hospital beds one second, and the next...POOF! DISINTEGRATED!!!" Apex says and then looks at Aesir with a look of horror on his face. O_O;;
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-04-03 at 10:13 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Fireblade opens his mouth as if to say something, then promptly shuts it as if deciding this is funnier.

"Oh no," he says in obvious (to 21st century humans) mock horror. "Disintegration! My one weakness! We should evacuate immediately!"
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

"Oh sure, you claim to be some scion of cosmic fire but when I suggest that a disease disintegrated a bunch of people, I'm crazy."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Ah, I'm just having fun with you," Fireblade says back. "If there is a disease that disintegrated people, someone would have had to invent it, and we'd have heard of it by now. Besides, that all happened in an entirely different ward, and since Nurse Jenny shows no signs of disintegrating any time soon, I think we're safe."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    "Did the patients have anything in common medically? Like, they all had the same disease, or they shared a symptom or something?"
    Nurse Jenny is about to speak when the debate starts up. She looks back and forth at each speaker, about to say something.. then pipes up No! no common diseases or anything. Not disintegrated, either. Uh... they're just gone. Otherwise, the police would have seen the dust.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Nurse Jenny is about to speak when the debate starts up. She looks back and forth at each speaker, about to say something.. then pipes up No! no common diseases or anything. Not disintegrated, either. Uh... they're just gone. Otherwise, the police would have seen the dust.
    Soul sighs. "Anything in common non-medically? Could we have their files or something to that effect?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

ooc: I'm switching to bold black, as pink is annoying to look at. I'll have to save it for snuggly kitten npcs.

ic:

non-medically? I've no idea! I saw a range of ages and conditions, but I'm just a nurse. Here, I printed out that list with names on their files before the police took them. Just let me know if you find them?

Just as she finishes saying this, your Freedom League emergency beepers go off. Some super-level action is going on in Freedom City! The feminine voice fo the computer goes off in your ear.
    Emergency detected. Multi-level threats appearing in downtown core. Immediate action required.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show