New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Freedom City Issue #2: Time of Vengeance

"Very well. Apex, Tempo...To Blackrock!"
    Soul flies through her portal.

((Er, did the computer search turn up anything?))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

((Sorry about the delay; I've been visiting internet-less family members))

Tempo starts to take the more direct route to Blackrock when he receives Aesir's call, but pauses when he remembers the last time he tried to take a shortcut through a high-security area. He patiently waits for Soul to open the portal, then darts through.

3. - Top - End - #153

Apex steps through the portal, appearing at the Blackrock facility. He then takes to the air and scans the area for the flea-man and Aesir.

"Did someone call about a bug problem?"
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Computer Check: those of you looking up Mr. Infamy discover the Freedom League file on him. He is an incredibly powerful entity who grants wishes of the "signed in blood" variety. He often takes the form of a man in a suit, and often works out of what appears to be an antique store that sells whatever the buyer desires.

Blackrock:

Getting there the Freedom League sees Aesir flying through the air near a massive cloud of fleas.

The moment the team goes through the portal (conveniently right near Aesir) then a giant flea appears out of points at them (gm fiat for surprise, yeah yeah you all get a hero point). The massive cloud of fleas swarms the Freedom League, biting and crawling all over their skin.

((Everyone please roll Initiative))
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

5. - Top - End - #155

Oh joy. Attacked by a cloud of bugs. Just what a girl needs to make her day more perfect.
    Soul raises her arm in the giant flea's direction, and sends a massive energy blast, hoping to take out the villain and roast his millions of familiars. "Burn."

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative - (1d20)[17]
    Area of Effect Blast. Given her Impervious Force-Field, there's no way a swarm of regular flees can hurt her.

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((Actually, I wasn't going to Blackrock, as I'm still waiting a response from Frog Man that was a couple of GM posts ago.

"Hey Apex," he says. Turning to the creature: "Sir...you can just nod, you don't have to speak...are you human? Did you live in one of Harry Smilac's properties?"
    "Sounds like Apex volunteered for the fight," Fireblade says, not wanting to deal with fleas getting into an armored jumpsuit. "I can stay here until he answers my question."
    Sorry to be a bother, but I really would like to know. Of course, I have no objections to going into combat and making everyone's life easier if we want to have this conversation retroactively.))
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-05-01 at 09:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Abruptly, Tempo is standing next to the giant man-flea, scratching himself at super-speed. "Hey (ergh!) (ah!) big guy; remember (gah!) me?" The speedster delivers a number of rapid-fire punches, but is forced to pause several times in the middle of his barrage to unsuccessfully try to scrape some of the fleas off. "Gah, these things are so annoying!" In desperation, he turns himself intangible, hoping that the insects would give up if they had nothing solid to bite.

((Attack Roll (1d20 12=30)

Much later edit:

Forgot the initiative check
    Initiative (1d20 45=47)))
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-05-02 at 08:26 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158

"I've had enough of these stupid fleas. I'll be lucky to get away from this without lime disease."

A brilliant white light poors forth from Aesir's frame, catching the fleas in it's path of destruction while leaving his friends unhurt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+1)[2]

Unleashing my godly blast and excluding my teammates, local structures, and any guards from the attack. Then I'll spend the hero point to negate the fatigue

Edit: If he's already down (seams likely with that initiative roll) I guess I'll just teleport down to my team mates to get the fleas off me
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2008-05-02 at 04:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #159

"Alright flea-man, eat blaster fire!" Apex fires off a shot of energy from his wrist blasters, and then will move to further surround the flea man, his force-field hopefully keeping the swarm of fleas at bay.

Spoiler
    Show

initiative - (1d20+5)[24]
    attack - (1d20+8)[27]

Apex's impervious force field should keep the fleas from doing anything other than being annoying.
    Thog fan 4 life

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

((sorry its taken so long. I've just been moving into my new apartment. This morning I burned some baking (yes, cookies) and two feet of smoke covered the ceiling. Only recently did the alarm stop saying (in English and French) that there was carbon monoxide in the air. In news unrelated to breathing in toxic gas... weeeeeeeeee, I can fly --but I feel like sleeping! *cough cough* Anyway, on with Freedom City!))

Fireblade: ((I'd prefer it if you went with them, come to think of it. Splitting up now means that (questions answered) you as a player have to wait while the others enter combat and fight this guy.

While the computer check was happening, let's say you talked to Tsfardeia (the frog guy). You've learned that he isn't very quick, and probably has serious developmental challenges (Downs syndrome, most likely). He's scared of you, and shies back in the cell he's put in. He doesn't answer your questions, and you can see that he's actually crying.

Blackstone: A description of what the jail looks like: For all intents and purposes, Blackstone is an island of obsidian stone sticking out of the sea about a mile out of the harbor, like a big hunk of grass covered black rock.

The prison itself is underground, and is one of the most formidable prisons ever built; its designers included members of the Freedom League, Daedalus and the Raven, and part of the design prohibits any teleportation in or out without authorization. As such, Aesir dropped Flea-man off in an office in the watch tower on top of the island. Right now, the Freedom League appeared outside that tower, finding the cloud of fleas and the Flea man battling Blackstone's Blackguards (guards).

Fleas: they're not damaging you. It's the Nauseate Power of the gross fleas. It's the sensation of them crawling over your skin, their creeping into your nose and ears, the tickling, the itching, crawling into your mouth... and ew, fleas! Yuck!
    so technically, and this is rules-lawyering in a RAW fashion rather than reality, Impervious has nothing to do with it, although realistically I see your point. Would you say it's a force field in the sense of Star Trek, or more like DnD's Mage Armor spell: you have it on you to the same effect as a rank of protection? Would Soul get wet if she was dumped in water, would toxins reach her in the air?

everyone: DC 18 to avoid (if nothing else) being grossed out! (then we'll see if Fireblade does anything, or if any of you *can* act this round) He's going to have this effect on every single round, so each new action I'd like everyone to roll to see what they can do.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempo: The speedster wails on the flea-man, and while bothered by the fleas he's not disabled by them; his nerves are faster than even their squirming legs

The flea-man is battered by the speedster, but his shell is harder than Tempo's fists. This time. He leaps into the air at Apex, his insect reflexes faster than anyone other than Tempo's.

You think you can keep me here? Lock me away? You're all part of the same system of abuse: lock them away when it's too hard to help them! Pets are our friends, all they ask for is love and people to save them... tell me, "hero", how many of them did you test your ray gun on before you got it to work?! *chomp!*

Apex: his attack roll is 25 to bite you with his needle-sharp flea-jaws. Dmg is +10 vs. any impervious you might have, even before mighty is applied.
    if he hits: Toughness DC27
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163

((All right, AoE blast is out...
    Will save (you didn't specify if it was Will, Fortitude or Reflex, but from the description I'm guessing Will): (1d20+15)[33]
    Make the attack a regular Blast: attack roll - (1d20+7)[10]

EDIT: Also, Soul will be flying away from the rest of the group, so they don't all form one compact target.))
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-05-04 at 05:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler
    Show

fortitude - (1d20+7)[21] for the bugs

toughness - (1d20+12)[19]

I have Impervious of 10, but if I read correctly only attacks below my impervious rating would be blocks, so technically a 10 gets through right? I'll roll my toughness save regardless.

Apex's forcefield keeps the bugs at bay, but he is taken by surprise by the leaping ability of the flea man. His force field shimmers and crackles around the area where the flea mans jaws puncture through and reach his body.

"GAH! I don't know what your talking about flea-man, animal testing has been abolished for over 600 years when I come from!"

((OOC: I guess I got a little ahead of myself in my previous post. Is it possible to keep that attack roll and instead use a melee attack (it ends up being the same bonus, damage and save anyway) as the situation has changed or would you rather me roll a new attack?))
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-05-03 at 10:00 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

15. - Top - End - #165

Fortitude - (1d20+9)[10]

"Where do these things keep coming from? We're on a damned island!"

((Edit: Two natural ones in a row . The forum roller hates me))
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2008-05-05 at 11:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((Sorry for the delay, everyone!))

Fireblade looks at Tsfardia sadly, saying, "I'll be back to talk some more later," in a sad voice before stepping through the portal to Blackstone.

Fortitude Save (1d20 8=11)

"Gah! What the hell?! Get them off, get them off!"

((Failed by 7, so I think that's no actions from me, right? If I can still take a Standard, let me know, because I...have a cunning plan! Well, cunning for me.))
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

The round:

tempo
    Kinim
    Apex 24
    soul 17
    fireblade
    Aesir 2

Tempo speeds up to Flea-guy and smacks him good.
    Flea-guy leaps over to Apex and bites him, but finds his armor too tough for his teeth. Ow!
    Apex swings with an armored fist, sending the bug flying with little more than a bruise.
    Soul unleashes her deadly blast, but her target's wiry frame eludes her blast.
    Fireblade and Aesir are both overcome by the field of fleas. Even as the blasts from their teammates destroy some, more fill in the gaps. As such, they can only move during the first moments of combat, until they can find the fortitude to overcome the fleas.

((move actions only, lads))

Okay, next round! Ye have bruised the flea-man!
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Fortitude Save (1d20 4=10)

Tempo becomes substantial again, preparing for another attack. This was not the best move, as the fleas around him quickly jumped back onto the now solid speedster. "Gah! Gettemoff! Gettemoff!"

Too grossed out to fight, Tempo zips over to the nearby water, and dives in, hoping the combination of speed and liquid would remove the fleas.

((I'll use my move action to jump into the nearest body of water))

19. - Top - End - #169

((Will save (or is it fortitude?): (1d20+15)[35]))

Any thoughts of clever one-liners lost their way in Soul's mind, suffocating beneath the sheer gross-out factor of the fleas. All she could focus on was sending another blast of arcane energy at the foe.

((Attack roll (both for this round's attack and for the previous round's "homing":
    roll]1d20+7[/roll]
    roll]1d20+7[/roll]))

20. - Top - End - #170

((Bleah.
    [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
    [roll]1d20+7[/roll]))
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-05-07 at 07:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

((OK, what the hell?!
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d20+7)[27]))

22. - Top - End - #172

Hey bug boy, know what I'm doing when I get home? I'm going to sit down with a nice plate of bacon and just spray some aerosol all night long!"

Using taunt to demoralize as a move action

Bluff - (1d20+4)[24]

23. - Top - End - #173

Finally a good roll

Next round

Fortitude - (1d20+9)[26]

Fly about 100 ft up in the air, hopefully outside his bug cloud. Then I'll throw down some lightning

Attack - (1d20+8)[17]

If I fail the save I'll just use my move action to move as above

24. - Top - End - #174

"You've had a taste of my fist, now its time for the main course! How would you like a fresh serving of blaster?" Apex yells to the flea man.

fortitude - (1d20+7)[24]

blaster - (1d20+8)[18]
    Thog fan 4 life

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((I'll just go ahead and forfeit my round 1 action for being slow on the post. The following is round 2 actions))

Fortitude Save (1d20 8=24)

Fireblade continues to freak out for a second until he remembers "Hey? Why am I worried about fleas? I can just immolate myself later. After this!"

Fireblade charges, mentally commanding the Soul of Fire to make a nonlethal strike (you said I could do that, right?)

((Charge and Power Attack 2, Toughness DC 29))
    Attack (1d20 10=25)
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2008-05-07 at 09:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

((Oh hey, it's my turn again! No really, I'm on top of things... okay, I'll double check and post tomorrow morning the numbers results.

Aesir: the cloud is larger than 100 ft, so you're still in it. Is it a range issue with the lightning?))

The Flea man snarls at Aesir's jibe, while dodging blasts and fists and such.

Round Two:

Seeing Tempo "flea" the combat for the nearest body of water, Aesir fly into the air, and Apex immune to his bites, the giant bug leaps at Soul.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

((Er, I have posted my action...))

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((As have I, just to make sure you're aware of it. I realize you haven't gotten to me yet.))
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Tempo flies away from the battle, inundated with flea bites. With the speedster momentarily taken out of the battle, the giant Flea-man leaps at Soul. The Sorceress is too lithe a target, and the jaws of the great flea snap at air. A moment later her eldritch blast knocks the Flea-man across the island; Apex and Aesir let loose their blasts, but the speed of the flea-man's egress is too much to hit him.

Luckily, that blast did the trick. Flea-man is down.

Soul: Constance Mason is Lady Blood (or Dam, in hebrew)
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Finally," Fireblade says. Pointing the Soul of Fire at himself, he adds, "Oh, this is gonna sting," before hitting his fireproof self with a flame blast to remove most of the fleas. One quick flamethrowering later, he looks none the worse for wear, although he still itches under the edges of his clothes.

"So...what do we do with this guy?"
    Spoiler
    Show