New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

I like the concept. Living zombies are a thumbs up from me.
    LGBTitP

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Well if no one else has any thoughts Ill finish up the NPC and move on then.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

For White Death, what is the DR pierced by? Magic, good, silver, -, etc.?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

4. - Top - End - #214

The 4th level and 7th level ability of the Juicer both give 60' Blindsight, which is redundent. Is one supposed to be Blindsense or what?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    The 4th level and 7th level ability of the Juicer both give 60' Blindsight, which is redundent. Is one supposed to be Blindsense or what?
    Wats!! You're alive!!! (hugz)

We were wondering what had happened over on Wizards!

I can't believe I didn't notice levels 4 and 7 were same

Fixing now
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    For White Death, what is the DR pierced by? Magic, good, silver, -, etc.?
    It was "-". Fixed it too.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

So...anyone think the Juicer is over the top now?
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #218

It is strong, but it hasn't reached that critical point where you fall over the top of the cliff screaming like a raving lunatic. Now then, for my final WotC Prestige Class before we move on to brand new stuff, we have the Venom Lord. As an added bonus, the racial tables will soon migrate as well.

Venom Lord

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

”My thoughts are of venom. My words are of venom. My blood is of venom. I AM of venom.”

Some hobgoblins look for a force that they can claim as theirs to control. Some pursue serpents as their source of power, becoming druids or rangers connected to serpents. Others meet the sad fate of coming across a Snake-that-Charms who has the silver serpent's tongue that they fall willingly at his feet. These servants of snakes are slowly and horribly mutated to their masters' will, becoming something beyond other goblins: A Venom Lord.

Becoming a Venom Lord
    Juicers are Barbarian goblinoids who have tried an alchemical elixir called White Dreams in order to give themselves an edge and have subsequently become addicted to it. Some may multiclass but addiction usually destroys their initiative to pursue other pursuits.

Entry Requirements
    [LIST][*]Race: Any Goblinoid[*]Saves: Fortitude +3.[*]Skills: Survival 2 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 3 ranks.[*]Feats: Great Fortitude.[*]Special: Must have been affected by a Snake-that-charm's hypnotic abilities or Bluff skill.

Class Skills
    The Venom Lord's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are:
    Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + Int modifier

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +2     +0    Spinebender
    2. +1    +3     +2     +0    Rawhide +2
    3. +2    +3     +3     +0    Voices in your head
    4. +3    +4     +3     +1    Serpent's fortitude
    5. +3    +4     +4     +1    Serpent's blade
    6. +4    +5     +4     +1    Rawhide +4
    7. +5    +5     +5     +2    Serpent's blood
    8. +5    +6     +5     +2    Serpent's bite
    9. +6    +6     +6     +2    Serpent's tongue
    10.+7    +7     +6     +3    Ending transmutation
    Weapon Proficiencies: Venom Lords gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spinebender (Su): At 1st level, the Venom Lord's spine has slowly elongated, his bones starting to rearrange. As a full-round action, you may squeeze through a tight opening as if you were size Tiny. In addition, you gain a +4 bonus to Escape Artist checks.

Rawhide (Ex): At 2nd level, the Venom Lord's skin has become rough and scaly. You gain a +2 natural armor bonus to AC, increasing to +4 at 6th level. This bonus stacks with any other natural armor bonuses.

Voices in Your Head (Su): At 3rd level, the Snake-that-charms' natural abilities begin to leak onto the Venom Lord. Twice per day, you may use mindlink as per a 6th-level Telepath.

Serpent's Fortitude (Ex): At 4th level, the blood of the Venom Lord begins to spiral into a new configuration. You gain a +4 bonus to Fortitude saves against poison.

Serpent's Blade (Su): At 5th level, the power of the serpent leaks into the warrior's weapon. Any slashing or piercing weapon wielded by you is considered to have venom as per a Tiny viper on the blade as long as you are holding it: as soon as the weapon is dropped or released, it returns to being an unenvenomated weapon.

Serpent's Blood (Ex): At 7th level, the Venom Lord's systems have converted to that of a serpent in full. You gain poison immunity.

Serpent's Bite (Ex): At 8th level, the Venom Lord gains the mouth of a serpent. Your bite attacks have poison as per a viper of your size category. If you do not have a bite attack, you gain one as per a viper or your size category in addition to the poison special quality.

Serpent's Tongue (Ex): At 9th level, the Venom Lord can easily sense prey coming with amazing sensory ability. You gain blindsense for a range of 60 feet.

Ending Transmutation (Su): At 10th level, the Venom Lord's body is warped into its final and twisted stage. You gain the Reptilian subtype as well as a +4 bonus to Dexterity and a +2 bonus to Wisdom, but at the cost of -2 Strength. Once per day, you may transmute your body even further as a full-round action. For a number of rounds equal to 3 x your Constitution modifier, your size is increased by one size category, your bite and venom attacks increasing at the same amount. In addition, while in the End Transmutation form, you gain constrict as per a constrictor serpent of your current size.

Playing a Venom Lord
    The venom coursing in your mind is the only sustenance for your fading delusions of grandeur and sanity. Every waking hour, you are less goblin and more serpent. Your humanoid nature is eroding like a rock in a gullet, and with every wearing sweep, your mind snaps further and further into primal instinct.
    • Combat: Venom Lords fight like vipers with legs, more or less. The one exception is that no viper carries around a small crossbow...
    • Advancement: Venom Lords tend to advance toward their eventual goal of becoming a full serpent, possibly even striving for dark rituals and incantations to mutate them into something more than their current (in their minds) pathetic interval stage.
    • Resources: Venom Lords have their needs and tools provided for by their Snake-that-charms "parent".

Venom Lords in the World
    ”That thing over in the corner always gives me the creeps. It looks like the son of a lizardfolk and a goblin..ugly thing, but it tips well.”
    Venom Lords think the sun revolves around their masters: they will do anything to please the boss snake, no matter the questions of safety or legality for themselves. A Venom Lord always attempts to pass himself off as something less conspicuous to get cozy with the crowd, since being discovered may make Master very angry.
    • Daily Life: Venom Lords spend their days spinning webs of lies, deceit, and death to please their masters, sneaking through cities and performing the deeds that need to be done. At night, they lay themselves at the bodies of the Snakes-that-charm, awaiting their daily reward from the master serpent.
    • Notables: Stingback ((Reptilian blue Ranger 5/Wilder 5/Venom Lord 10/), a legendary blue who ascended to the ranks of the "Serpent-Gods" in the minds of the Venom Lords. Growing more and more intolerant of his masters, Stingback overthrew his Snake-that-charms overlord and ascended to the highest ranks, eventually becoming so serpentine (with the help of an arcane ritual that gave him the reptilian template [see Savage Species]) that he could barely be recognized as once being a blue. He attempted to favor demigod status with Parrafaire, but was turned away. He once again attempted to win favor with a reptile deity, this time with Semuanya. The lizardfolk deity banished the goblin to the ends of its bog for a misdemeanor against its clerics. Stingback is said to still wander these swamps for all time, never to gain the epic power that he thirsted for.
    • Organizations: The only organization the Venom Lord cares for is his serpent master. He may, however, join a guild or adventuring group if his master wishes him to perform a duty there.

NPC Reaction
    Most NPCs will see a low-level Venom Lord as an odd type of goblin, and react thusly with the typical actions they would have toward a goblin. In more advanced stages of their "condition", NPCs will either look upon a Venom Lord as a freak or an odd mixed-breed. At high levels, the Venom Lord is so inhuman but recognizable that people will look upon him with disgust or pity. Anyone who knows the true origin of a Venom Lord will most likely attempt to slay him and his master (if good) or woo him over to his side with tempations of power (if evil).

Venom Lords in the Game
    The Venom Lord is more or less meant to be an NPC villain class. If you are performing an evil game and the player is reeeeally up for it, see if he will be able to or alright with playing something that is a sorry kissup with a god complex, more or less.
    • Adaptation: Venom Lords are made for campaigns with mutations and monsters, a slow descent of power. While the Snake-that-charms is a base monster, the fluff can be altered to some other serpent monster (such as the Yuan-ti) if the DM doesn't wish to use them.
    • Encounters: PCs may encounter Venom Lords making their daily rounds, but the real clincher is in a "villain hive". It will be hard to venture into a Snake-that-charms' hut without meeting a Venom Lord of at least level 1 on guard somewhere, and the real loyal servants of higher level will be a hazard that a hero must face to behead the true serpentine enemy.

Monster: Snake-that-charms
    Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice: 5d10+10 (37 hp)
    Initiative: +3 (+3 Dex)
    Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft. (4 squares), swim 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+13
    Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4)
    Full Attack: Bite +8 melee (1d6+4)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Constrict (1d6+4), improved grab
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft., low-light vision, scent, spell resistance 6
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +6
    Abilities: Str 19, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 17, Wis 16, Cha 14
    Skills: Bluff +7, Climb +12, Concentration +12, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (local) +11, Listen +5, Spot +5, Swim +12
    Feats: Iron Will, Persuasive
    Environment: Warm forests or marshes
    Organization: Solitary or thrall convene (1 Snake-that-charms plus 1d4 Troll Barbarian 1 and 1d6 Goblin Rogue 2)
    Challenge Rating: ?
    Treasure: Double Standard
    Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
    Advancement: 6-9 HD (Large); 10-13 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment: -

Slithering toward you is a large red-scaled serpent, its eyes gleaming with a feral intelligence and a sheen of diamond studding.

Feared throughout the swamps and forests of the Southlands, the Snake-that-charms is a serpent who produces strong sorcery to enchant and control humanoids that come to close and render them either pliable food sources or willing thralls. Snakes-that-charm are rare, but the areas they inhabit can be easy distinguished from the ripped clothing of digested charmed and thralls guarding the bog or tree stump where the Snake-that-charms rests. The typical line of spell use for the Snake-that-charms is to cast dominate person on a common villager or child, then say "stand still right here" while it slithers around unseen and gets in as many strikes and constrictions it can with "cheap shots". On a more useful target, such as a warrior or wandering hero, the serpent forgoes its hunger and attempts to shred his mind to bits and make him a thrall. The Snake-that-charms is an often sought after prey item for Rangers and beast slayers, for not only are they dangerous quarry, but they hoarde treasures in their nooks and crannies. Snakes-that-charm speak Draconic, Common, and one other language.

Combat
    Snakes-that-charm tend to be ranged combatants, using their thralls and spell-like abilities. If forced into combat, they will fight in a way typical for a constrictor snake, albeit one with tactical reasoning.

Spell-like abilities (Sp): 1/day-Dominate monster; 2/day-dominate person. an 18th-level Sorcerer.

Mindshred (Sp): Once per day, the Snake-that-charms may attempt to completely obliterate the willpower of the creature(s) it has under dominate person and dominate monster. The creature must make a Will save (DC 10 + the Snake-that-charms' Charisma modifier) or be dealt 1d6 points of Intelligence drain and be transformed into a willing thrall of the Snake-that-charms. The amount of Intelligence drained becomes an equal amount of hit points that remain for 1d12 hours. Any creature that becomes transformed follows the Snake-that-charms' orders without question, a mindless puppet to the mentalist serpent.

Skills: A Snake-that-charms has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line. They also have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened.
    Last edited by Rappy; 2008-06-01 at 05:27 AM.
    LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Well if no one objects..I guess I'll finish up the Juicer and start the next one.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

There's a couple of oddities i found w/ the Venom Lord:
    1) You got the Juicer text for the Becoming a Venom Lord section
    2) Saves are kinda weird, as they don't follow the standard pattern of good or poor save. In fact, the poor save, Will, is even worse than normal. I know he's supposed to be a thrall but you'd think they'd get a little bit of a backbone (so to speak) with time.
    3) Serpent's Blade is kinda weak, as that DC 11 Fort save at the 7th character level (at the earliest) isn't gonna affect anybody.
    4) Snake-that-charms is an oddity by itself, what with SR 6, which i think is a little low for it's hit dice; i believe normal SR is 10+Monster HD but i could be wrong, idk. The spell-likes & mindshred should be mentioned in the special attacks section and the other special attacks should be listed in the combat section, like what attack triggers improved grab and whatnot. Plus, for organization, i kinda doubt you'll conveniently be able to find trained creatures to make into thralls, but that's just my opinion on that. Finally, the requirements further up talked about the Snake-that-Charms' hypnotic abilities, which i can only imagine is supposed to refer to the spell-likes. Domination and hypnotism are entirely different beasts, really, so I'd change something in relation to those.

Just my two coppers. Take as you will.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Juicer finished up. THoughts on what you'd like next?
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azure Nightmare, Blue Moon, Goblin Blacknife, Hobgoblin Sniper, Rust Monster Tender, Healers of Luthic, Luthicarites, Whips of Khurgorbaeyag, Binder classes.

Last edited by Devin; 2008-06-02 at 05:57 PM.
    Blue avatar by The Stoney One.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

BLACK KNIFE

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

”You killed my brother Aramus. I find it fitting that when I cut out your eyes and make you eat them your brother will be here to watch. And you will eat them. Or I’ll send your family to Hell directly behind you.”

Occasionally someone is born with the ability to curse others. Perhaps from deals made with dark powers. Perhaps because he is simply so spiteful and hates the world enough that he can cause it no end of pain. And if that person is a Goblin, there is a very special group of people willing to recruit him…

BECOMING A BLACK KNIFE
    Most Black Knives will multiclass between Rogue and Hexblade before becoming a Black Knife.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Goblin
    Class Abilities: Hexblade’s Curse, Sneak Attack +2d6, Mettle
    Feats: Any Hex Feat, Telling Blow
    Skills: Hide 6 ranks, Move Silently 6 ranks
    Alignment: Cannot be Good.
    Special: Must be sponsored by a member of the Black Knives, and pay the cost to have his own Black Knife made.

Class Skills
    The Black Knife's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana, Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Curse of the Black Knife, Powerful Curse
    2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Curse of the Sharpened Blade
    3. +2    +1     +3     +3    Cursed Portal
    4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Curse of the Black Knife
    5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Curse of Vulnerability
    6. +4    +2     +5     +5    Extra Curse
    7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Curse the Masses
    8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Curse of the Black Knife
    9. +6    +3     +6     +6    Empower Curse
    10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Curse of Death
    Weapon Proficiencies: Black Knives gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Curse of the Black Knife (Su): Victims affected by your hexblade’s Curse are more vulnerable to attacks with your Black Knife. At 1st level if your victim has been successfully cursed he does not get an attack of opportunity when you attempt a Disarm with your Black Knife.

At 4th level if your victim has been successfully cursed you automatically confirm critical hits against him with your Black Knife.

At 8th level if your victim has been successfully cursed he loses his Dexterity Bonus to AC against attacks made with your Black Knife.

Powerful Curse (Su): Your class levels stack for purposes of determinging the Save DC and number of times per day you may use your Hexblade's Curse.

Curse of The Sharpened Blade(Su): At 2nd level you get a new option when using your Hexbade's Curse. Instead of the usual penalty you may instead inflict the following effect: You may add half your Black Knife level as extra Sneak Attack damage against that particular foe. Example: you have +2d6 Sneak Attack, and 6 levels in Black Knife. Against your Cursed Foe you have +5d6 Sneak Attack.

Cursed Portal (Su): By expending one use of your Hexblade's Curse as a Standard action you may silently pass through any door or window as though you were incorporeal, and immediately disarm all traps on it without triggering them. This effect lasts for 1 minute, so you could tak a round to look inside the door, another to pass through, 1 to kill the target, etc.

Curse of Vulnerability (Su): At 5th level you get a new option when using your Hexbade's Curse. Instead of the usual penalty you may instead inflict the following effect: You may add half your Black Knife level as a Profane Bonus to your Saving Throws and Armor Class against your cursed opponent.

Extra Curse (Su): You gain 2 additional daily uses of your Hexblades Curse.

Curse The Masses (Su): At 7th level you get a new option when using your Hexbade's Curse. Instead of the usual penalty you may instead inflict the following effect: By casting the Curse as a Full Round Action you may cause all Enemies within 30' to take a -2 penalty to all rolls for 1 minute.

Empowered Curse (Su): 3 times per day as a Free Action you may increase the Save DC of your Hexblades Curse by 4. You must announce that you are doing this before using the Hexblades Curse.

Curse of Death (Su): Whenever you successfully critical an opponent using your Black Knife who has also failed to Save against your Hexblade's Curse (and is still under it's effects) he must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or die.

PLAYING A BLACK KNIFE
    You are not petty or hasteful. You take time to make decisions and plan accordingly to whatever needs done, despite what others may think of you. No ones opinion matters but yours or your superiors in the organization. You will always take revenge for any wrong done you. No mater what it costs you, or how long it takes. This does not mean you will foolishly throw your life away, but if it is the only way you will go gladly.
    Combat: Most of your classes combat abilities revolve around your Curse, and your Black Knife. The idea being curse your victim as much as you can from a distance, and then close for the kill.
    Advancement: Black Knives almost fanatically devote themselves to their assassination skills. Rarely does one walk any other path.
    Resources: Black Knives may draw upon the help of their fellows at any time. And possibly upon many people in odd places who owe them favors (see below).

BLACK KNIVES IN THE WORLD
    ”Things were easier before the goblins came. I had a life then. I had legs too…”
    Black Knives do not interact with the world, other than as assassins for hire. They can be approached by those who want revenge but are incapable of carrying it out. For example a peasant whose child has been ridden down by the Kings men has no recourse. But the Knives can and will help. The race and station of the one asking for their help does not matter. If they are incapable of paying, the Knives will tell them that they may pay in the future by carrying out one task or favor for the organization. And that if they fail to do so their life, and the lives of everyone they know are forfeit.
    Daily Life: A Black Knife either practices to refine his abilities, or pursues jobs given to him by his superior. He has no time for family or friends, nor does he wish any. His will be a life of blood and murder, and a thankless, demeaning end. And he doesn’t even know why. Unless he can climb to the top of his organization.
    Notables: Haggard (NE Male Goblin Hexblade 3/Rogue 3/Black Knife 6) is so named for his appearance. People who see him always claim he looks “like one damned”. He is infamous in the Black Knives for taking 5 silver pieces for any assassination, regardless of what the target is. When asked why he has always said “Because that’s all that any of us is worth.”
    Organizations: The Black Knives themselves are an organization. Their members include goblins from all strata of society, and their purpose is largely unknown, even to the majority of their members. It is known they will perform acts of revenge or murder for hire in order to raise funds (and it is said, to give their members something to do). They are spectacularly vengeful, and will go to any length, any extreme, any sacrifice to destroy someone who has wronged them. If it means that the entire world must die, and they must lose their souls, the Black Knives would willingly do it if it meant their enemy suffered as well. It is for this reason they are left well enough alone.

NPC Reaction
    Few organizations are more feared than the Knives. It has long been said of them that the only way to really sleep peacefully once they have decided to come after you is to kill them all. Needless to say no one’s been successful yet. But in an odd way they are also accepted. If you truly need help of the sort they can provide, and no one else will help you, the Knives will. And may the Gods help you if you accept.

BLACK KNIVES IN THE GAME
    This PrC tends to make Goblins a bit darker, and less likely to be token mooks. If you don’t want Goblins taken seriously, it’s best to not introduce it. It also gives the impression that as a last resort, you can go to them for help, which gives them an awkward place in any society.
    Adaptation: The Black Knives are meant for a pretty serious campaign. They’re about as dark a class as you can get. Not to mention possibly suicidally insane.
    Encounters: PC’s will generally encounter the Knives only if they or someone they know has been targeted by them. Most players generally seek revenge on their own rather than having someone do it for them.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL 12: The PC’s have been hired to guard a noble who has been informed that he will be killed that evening. As they stand guard late that night they are given a message by a frightened maid telling them to look outside. When gazing out into the courtyard, the PC’s see dozens of dead guards and palace staff dead. Some of them hanging from spikes. And a lone goblin in a black cloak. The maid says “He says you can just leave now, and it’ll all be over with. The man you were protecting was a monster anyway. Or he’ll kill us all. But he’ll kill our families first. Your choice.”

Haggard
    NE Male Goblin Hexblade 3/Rogue 3/Black Knife 6
    Init +3, Senses: Listen +9, Spot +9, Dark Vision 60’
    Languages Common, Goblin
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 19, touch 14, flat-footed 16 (+1 Size, +3 Dex, +5 Armor)
    hp 60 (12 HD)
    Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +8
    Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Arcane Resistance +3, Mettle
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +1 Black Knife +13/+8 (1d3-1)
    Ranged +1 Heavy Crossbow +13 (1d8+1/19-20)
    Base Atk +9, Grp +7
    Atk Options Sneak Attack +2d6, Hexblade’s Curse 5/day (DC: 21), Curse of the Black Knife, Curse of the Sharpened Blade, Curse of Vulnerability
    Combat Gear 2 Potions of Bulls Strength, 2 Potions of Cats Grace, 1 Potion of Protection from Arrows 15, 2 Potions of Haste
    Spells1st Level (DC 14, 2/day) Bloodletting, Karmic Aura, Reaving Aura
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 16 , Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 16
    SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1, Cursed Portal
    Feats Ability Focus (Hexblade's Curse), Extra Curse, Telling Blow, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Balance +9, Climb +4, Escape Artist +9, Gather Information +6, Hide +9, Intimidate +11, Jump +4, Knowledge (Arcana) +6, Knowledge (Local) +6, Listen +9, Move Silently +15, Ride +7, Search +5, Sense Motive +6, Spot +9, Tumble +8, Use Magic Device +8
    Possessions Black Knife, +1 Precise Slow Burst Quick-Loading Heavy Crossbow, Bag of Holding I, +5 Bracers of Armor, 2 Potions of Bulls Strength, 2 Potions of Cats Grace, 1 Potion of Protection from Arrows 15, 2 Potions of Haste, 648 GP

Black Knife: A Goblin Black Knife appears to be a jagged, rather nasty looking dagger made of some sort of unreflective black material. It is a +1 Dagger in the hands of anyone, other than someone who is a member of this PrC. In the Hands of a Goblin Blacknife it is a +1 Bloodfeeding Deadly Precision Maiming Dagger.

Price (Item Level): 32302 GP (16th)
    Body Slot: - (held)
    Caster Level: 5th
    Aura: Faint; (DC 17) Necromancy/Transmutation
    Activation:-
    Weight: 2 lbs.
    Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Keen Edge, Vampiric Touch
    Cost to Create: 16151 GP, 646 xp, 16 days

EPIC BLACK KNIFE

Hit Die: d6
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int
    Hexblade's Curse You gain an additional use of your Hexblade's Curse at level 21, and every 4 levels thereafter. The Save DC continues to increase by +1 every 2 levels.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Black Knife gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-19 at 06:43 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone think the 1st level ability is over the top or should I move it up to later levels?
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #225

I wouldn't say so. It seems more like a glorified trip attack in its ability rather than anything overpowered.
    LGBTitP

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    I wouldn't say so. It seems more like a glorified trip attack in its ability rather than anything overpowered.
    It's a little nastier than that. Since he loses Dex Bonus to AC as long as you attack with your Black Knife, you always add your Sneak Attack with each hit.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #227

Hmm, I didn't think about that in tandem. In that case, you might want to move that to the final curse.
    LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Revised a tad. Hows it look now?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm pretty new at this, but shouldn't there be some kind of Sneak Attack or Hex progression in some of those dead levels? Or are you just not finished?
    Blue avatar by The Stoney One.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    I'm pretty new at this, but shouldn't there be some kind of Sneak Attack or Hex progression in some of those dead levels? Or are you just not finished?
    Not finished. I always do the class abilities last.

Added a few more :D
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-06-06 at 10:30 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Added in the Black Knife itself at the bottom. Still thinking bout the other 4 levels open.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #232

That is one nasty weapon right there: It deserves the high price tag, indeed.
    LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Still need to think of the level 10 ability.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #234

How about something like this:

Strike of the Damned (Su): Your foe has already had the worst luck of his now cursed life, and it doesn't help when your Black Knife curses him again. When making a sneak attack against a foe who is already under the effect of any curse, you may preform a Strike of the Damned by expending 1 use of your Hexblade's Curse. If you hit, in addition to the normal damage, your foe becomes Paralyzed for 1d4+1 rounds.

You can change the effect of the strike. The main thing was that it was a cursed strike against an already cursed foe.

Also, on each of your new curses, they all say gained "at 2nd level".

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Crap. Thanks for seeing that Wats. Fixed. You have also given me an eeevil idea for the level 10.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Crap. Thanks for seeing that Wats. Fixed. You have also given me an eeevil idea for the level 10.
    Glad to help!

27. - Top - End - #237

Well, guys, you're going to have to do without me for a good seven days. Tomorrow, I'm off to a little place just south of New Orleans for some good ol' swamp exploration.
    LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Good luck Rap!!!

Okay the level 10 is up. Think it needs more limits?
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #239

I would just clarify that it needs to be done with your black knife and the enemy must still be under the effects of the curse.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    I would just clarify that it needs to be done with your black knife and the enemy must still be under the effects of the curse.
    Curse is edited, and example NPC finished. Will await commentary, and if no one objects will start new PrC tomorrow.
    Orcs and Goblins