New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

A while back on the Wizards message boards someoen decided to do a PDF book called Races of Savagery (later changed to Races of the Horde). He had to bow out for a while due to personal problems, and it was left to me to keep the project going....

And quite frankly my life is sucking hard too, so I haven't been able to give it the attention I should :(

We've been doing lots of PrC's and such for it, but feedback there seems to be...not so forthcoming. I'm wondering if I posted them here if you would be interested?

Bhu
    Anlamli
    April Fool's Day PrC's
    Ashen Swords
    Azure Master
    Azure Nightmare
    Azure Thinker
    Bargrivyek
    Batu's Disciples
    Batu the Traitor
    Black Knife
    Bleak Archer
    Blood Priest
    Blue Moon
    Blue Sand Shaman
    Bugbear Enforcer
    Bugbear Sergeant
    Bugbear Terrorist
    Cultist of the Black Claw
    Cult of the Pale Hands
    Dai-Bakemono
    Darkened Eye
    Eaters of the Fallen
    Eldritch Berserker
    Elf Breaker
    Evil Eye
    Feral Psychic
    Fists of Baghtru
    Fists of Gruumsh
    Forest Haunt
    Forestkith Alpha
    Gaijin Marshall
    Goblin Penitent
    Goblin Smuggler
    Grandmother
    Grankhul
    Gray Suns
    Hashishin
    Highwayman
    Horned Berserker
    Horns of Amon
    Hruggek
    Ironheart Berserker
    Ironheart Crusader
    Ironheart Samurai
    Janissary
    Juicer
    Keeper
    Khurgorbaeyeg
    Kikanuti
    Knight of the Crimson Sword
    Lab Experiment
    Luthicarite
    Maglubiyet
    Meriadar
    Nilbog
    Nomog-Geaya
    Orc Pirate
    Orc Sergeant
    Orc Spear Master
    Orc Thug
    Orog Brute
    Orog Juggernaut
    Orog Knight
    Pain Manifester
    Pain Totem
    Pandemonicus
    Peacekeeper
    Peacemaker
    People's Champion
    Pine Bender
    Psychic Experiment
    Rust Monster Herder
    Savasmak
    Scarred Veteran
    Scarsword
    Shrieker
    Skiggaret
    Skull Takers
    Soldiers of the Last Order
    Sons of Baghtru
    Sons of Maglubiyet
    Soulless
    Stalker
    Stealth Cavalry
    Stygian Blade
    Swords of Ilneval
    Tanarukk Arsonist
    Tanarruk Demonsword
    Tanarruk Firebreather
    Tanarukk Firesword
    Tigerskin Berserker
    Toprakla
    Voice of Gruumsh
    Vril Escapee
    Whips of Khurgorbaeyeg
    Worg Cavalry

Rappy
    Aquatic Goblin Notes
    Fire Orc Notes
    Fortune's Fool
    Goblin-Blooded Feat
    Goblinoid Kinship Feats
    Manhunter
    Orc Kinship Feats
    Racial Weapons
    Shadow of the Sands
    Troblin Notes
    Venom Lord

DonThelonious
    Barghessian
    Beast Rider
    Garu Hound Scyther
    Goblin Cook
    Goblin Kidnapper work in progress
    Goblin Pigsticker
    Goblin Potshot Sniper
    Goblin Queen
    Goblin Trapper
    Heivan-Baradar

Watsyurname529
    Blademage
    Bleeding Medic
    Fierceweapon Smith
    Gloom Razor
    Greatweapon Smith
    Hobgoblin Bonerobber
    Hobgoblin Paragon
    Iron Hob
    Point Blank Sniper
    Psychopath
    Sneakyweapon Smith
    Viking
    Warhorn Charger

Jayngfet
    Gold Orc
    Silver Goblin

Edge
    Da Mad Dok

Imp Fireball
    Chaos Orc
    Goblin Innoculator
    Orc Blade Master
    Running Raider

Chronoplasm
    4e Sharakim

Jergmo
    Orcs

AllWillFall2Me
    Bloodstained Blade of Shargaaas
    Fanatic of Gruumsh
    Scarred Veteran

Rampant
    Maelstrom

Kel
    Elfhunter

Divisionbyzero
    The Savage Blade

Lunar Wolf Prime
    Blood Hawk War Chief

Icedaemon
    Hobgoblin Slavemaster

Awesomessake
    Disciple of Vvaraak's Fury

Unosarta
    Axe of the Feral Gods

TechnoScrabble
    Slog
    Last edited by Bhu; 2011-04-01 at 11:12 PM.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Not sure how helpful I would be, but I'd certainly look over whatever you post here. I've done a little research (very little) on goblins and goblinoids, and a friend knows the material on orcs pretty well so I might just be able to prove useful.
    Some Stuff I've tried brewing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Mind- Evil split personality template
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75765

Eldritch ghost- Warlock/Ninja PrC
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...eldritch+ghost

Student of the Fox- Class based on kitsune
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77615

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Not sure how helpful I would be, but I'd certainly look over whatever you post here. I've done a little research (very little) on goblins and goblinoids, and a friend knows the material on orcs pretty well so I might just be able to prove useful.
    Some Stuff I've tried brewing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Mind- Evil split personality template
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75765

Eldritch ghost- Warlock/Ninja PrC
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...eldritch+ghost

Student of the Fox- Class based on kitsune
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77615

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

First: double post Story.

Second, You know I would love to see anything you make Bhu!
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Join the PrC creation contest!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblins are probably my favorite race. They just don't get enough love (read: any) from WotC.

If you post 'em, I'd be glad to read 'em.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicfaser View Post
    Goblins are probably my favorite race. They just don't get enough love (read: any) from WotC.

If you post 'em, I'd be glad to read 'em.
    Some of the other guys have done goblins. I'll need to ask their permission to post that stuff here. Mine are all Orcs so far. I made a list of 100 example ideas for Orc/Goblin PrC's, and I'm slowly working my way through them (yes all 100) doing the Orcs first.

here's the 1st one I did

THE PAIN TOTEM

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHH!!!!!"

Every so often an orc is born twisted and scarred, barely recognizable. Despite their appearance they do not suffer any ill physical effects from their deformities, even while being in constant pain. Most of them have an inborn talent for magic and quickly become Sorcerers. Their learning however quickly takes a backseat to their rage. These orcs are far more unstable than their brethren, and usually have 'handlers' to calm them down and keep them out of trouble until they are needed in battle.

Whether or not you consider them a blessing or a curse in battle depends on your point of view. Called Pain Totems by the Orcs enemies, they are especially sensitive to anger. Pain Totems absorb the rage of anything near them, swelling with power and growing to monstrous size. The other Orc warriors are less effective, but the Pain Totem itself is quite amazing to watch.

BECOMING A PAIN TOTEM
    Most Pain Totems begin as Sorcerers, eventually drifting into Barbarian as well.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Orcish race
    Class Abilities: Rage
    Base Attack Bonus: +5 BAB
    Feats: Extra Rage, Scarred

Class Skills
    The Pain Totem's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Swim (Str), and Survival (Wis)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Synergistic Rage
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Channel Rage 
    3. +2    +1     +1     +3    Steal Rage
    4. +3    +1     +1     +4    Synergistic Frenzy
    5. +3    +1     +1     +4    Channel Rage
    6. +4    +2     +2     +5    Steal Frenzy
    7. +5    +2     +2     +5    Channel Rage
    8. +6    +2     +2     +6    Giant Among Orcs
    9. +6    +3     +3     +6    Steal Life
    10.+7    +3     +3     +7    Giant Transformation
    Weapon Proficiencies: Pain Totems gain no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Synergistic Rage (Su): You can Rage more times per day than normal. If any being within 30 feet of you uses a daily use of it's Rage, so do you. If this occurs when you have no daily uses of Rage left, you still enter Rage normally, but take 1 point of temporary Constitution damage when the Rage wears off. Once you are already Raging this does not trigger further uses of Rage until the first wears off.

Channel Rage (Su): At second level you gain a Rage Pool that can hold a certain amount or uses of Rage. The maximum you can hold is equal to your Pain Totem level Plus your Charisma Modifier plus the times per day you can Rage. This replaces the normal limit on how many times per day you can Rage, along with Synergistic Rage. When using Steal Frenzy, daily uses of Frenzy are stored as daily uses of Rage instead. When your Rage Pool is filled, any daily uses of Rage or Frenzy stolen by your Steal Rage/Frenzy abilities are simply burned off into the ether giving you no extra abilities (but still depriving victims of them). When you are Raging you now have different abilities than normal. How powerful they are depend on how high your Rage Pool is. Since they are Supernatural abilities, in Antimagic Fields or other circumstances that would block them the Pain Totem gets its normal Rage abilities. At 2nd, 5th, and 7th level you gain 2 abilities each from the following list. Until you choose from Strength, Constitution, or Iron Mind, you get the normal bonus for Raging for that particular ability. The Rage Pool can only hold uses of Rage for 24 hours or until they are used to enter Rage. If you choose the Strength, Constitution, or Iron Mind abilities, they replace the normal bonuses granted by Rage. Your Rage Pool resets to full at the beginning of each day

Strength (Su): The Strength Bonus you gain varies depending on your Rage Pool. 1-3: +4, 4-6: +6. 7-9: +8, 10-12: +10, 13+: +12. In addition your unarmed strikes do lethal damage while you are raging, and you are considered to have the Improved Unarmed Strike Feat while Raging. Damage of your unarmed Strike depends on your Rage Pool. 1-3: 1d3, 4-6: 1d4, 7-9: 1d6, 10-12: 1d8, 13+: 2d6.

Constitution (Su): The Constitution Bonus you gain varies depending on your Rage Pool. 1-3: +4, 4-6: +6, 7-9: +8, 10-12: +10, 13+: +12. In addition your Natural Armor Bonus is increased by an amount equal to your new Constitution Modifier.

Iron Toughness (Su): You gain DR x/- when Raging. x is equal to your Rage Pool, with a maximum value of 10. This does not stack with the DR gained from class levels in Barbarian or similar sources.

Terrifying Aura (Su): Any Living being within 30' of you with less Hit Dice than yourself when you are Raging must make a Willpower Save (DC 10 plus half your level plus your Charisma modifier) or become scared. Exact effects depend on the level of your Rage Pool. 1-3: Shaken for 1d4 rounds, 4-6: Shaken for 1d8 rounds, 7-9: Shaken for 2d6 rounds, 10-12: Panicked for 1d4 rounds, Shaken for another 1d6 rounds; 13+: Panicked for 1d6 rounds, shaken for another 2d4 rounds. If the Save is successful, the opponent is immune to this Pain Totems Terrifying Aura for 24 hours. The Save DC gains an Enhancement Bonus equal to your maximum Rage Pool divided by 6.

Iron Mind (Su): The Morale Bonus you gain to your Willpower Saves when Raging increases depending on the power of your Rage Pool. 1-3: +2, 4-6: +4, 7-9: +6, 10-12: +8, 13+: +10. This Saving Throw Bonus does not work against your Handlers.

Empowered Weapon (Su): Weapons you wield gain magical power while you Rage depending on your Rage Pool. 1-3: +1, 4-6: +2, 7-9: +3, 10-12: +4, 13+: +5. They are considered magical for purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction.

Steal Rage (Su): Anytime a being with the Rage ability enters within 30 feet of you, it must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half your hit dice plus Charisma modifier) or lose 1 daily use of it's Rage ability, which is added to your Rage Pool. It must continually make these Saving Throws while in range until it runs out of daily uses of Rage, or makes it's first successful Saving Throw. Allies may willingly fail their Save and donate as many uses of Rage as they want. If the victim has only one daily use of Rage, and he is currently Raging, and he fails the Saving Throw, he ceases Raging, and you still add 1 use of Rage to your Rage Pool. The Save DC has an Enhancement Bonus equal to the number of uses of Rage currently not in your Rage Pool. Steal Rage may not be used against someone who also has Steal Rage. If 2 Pain Totems are in range enough to trigger this ability, and the opponent only has 1 use of Rage left, they both roll 1d20 + level + Con Bonus, higher total wins (if it's a tie reroll).

Synergistic Frenzy (Su): You can enter Frenzy more times per day than normal. If any being within 30 feet of you uses a daily use of it's Frenzy, so do you. If you cannot normally Frenzy, or this occurs when you have no daily uses of Frenzy left, you still enter Frenzy normally, but take 1 point of Constitution damage when the Frenzy wears off. Once you are already Frenzied this does not trigger further uses of Frenzy until the first wears off.

Steal Frenzy (Su): Anytime a being with the Frenzy ability enters within 30 feet of you, it must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half your hit dice plus Charisma modifier) or lose 1 daily use of it's Frenzy ability, which is added to your Rage Pool. It must continually make these Saving Throws while in range until it runs out of daily uses of Frenzy, or makes it's first successful Saving Throw. Allies may willingly fail their Save and donate as many uses of Frenzy as they want. If the victim has only one daily use of Frenzy, and he is currently Frenzied, and he fails the Saving Throw, he ceases Frenzying, and you still add 1 use of Rage to your Rage Pool. The Save DC has an Enhancement Bonus equal to the number of uses of Rage currently not in your Rage Pool. Steal Frenzy may not be used against someone who also has Steal Frenzy. If 2 Pain Totems are in range enough to trigger this ability, and the opponent only has 1 use of Frenzy left, they both roll 1d20 + level + Con Bonus, higher total wins (if it's a tie reroll).

Giant Among Orcs (Su): Whenever you enter Rage or Frenzy you become Large Sized, along with your equipment. Your Base Speed increases 10 feet, Reach increases to 10', and you gain all the abilities listed on page 291 of the Monster Manual for going from Medium to Large. Remember also that your weapon damage increases due to Size Class.

Steal Life (Su): You may use this ability once per day per point of Charisma modifier (minimum of 1). You choose 1 living injured (injured defined as being at less than full Constitution or Hit Points)target within 60 feet that is visible to you, and it must make a Willpower Saving Throw (Save DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma Bonus), or lose 2 hit points per your effective character level. You gain hit points equal to the victims Hit Dice x2.

Giant Transformation (Ex): At 10th level you undergo radical magical surgeries taking 24 hours and costing 1000 GP in materials.. Giant Among Orcs becomes permanent, not just when raging. When using Rage or Frenzy you now gain Fast Healing 3.

PLAYING A PAIN TOTEM
    You are a barely restrained psychotic. You live life in constant pain and suffering, and are an outcast even among your own people. No one likes you, and after several years of being treated badly you wouldn't have it any other way. It's not that your own people don't believe you have supernatural, perhaps gods-given power.It's not that they don't appreciate your ability to fight. But you have even less social skills than the average orc, and lash out unexpectedly at whatever is near when you're upset. Once you gain the Steal Rage ability this massively compunds the problem.
    Combat: Your always first in line in a fight. When the Barbarians charge in so do you. It lets you take advantage of their Rage initially, and lets you steal it later. Eventually you'll charge in before them against other opponents capable of Raging to steal their Rage. After that the Rage Pool will kick in and you just swing away relying on brute strength to carry the day.
    Advancement: Advancement is kind of a moot point for Pain Totems. No one will teach them anything, and for the most part they aren't willing to learn. Once they get the Channel Rage ability they usually give into their own anger to dull the pain of existence, and lead a short but bloody life.
    Resources: Pain Totems without a patron tribe are pretty much on their own. They really only have their own abilities to keep them going at that point, because few if any beings will willingly support them.

PAIN TOTEMS IN THE WORLD
    "Those things aren't natural. Even the other Orcs don't like them. You see one of those twisted freaks you avoid it boy. Fight the other Orcs."
    Pain Totems don't interact with the world much. Most of them set and stare into the distance until there's a fight or they sense a problem. And then they go insane and start smashing things. Until no one is angry, the problem goes away, their handlers calm them down, or they die. Some of them are kept in chains until a fight is needed.
    Daily Life: As a Pain Totem you will spend most of your day being ostracized by your tribe who live their lives in fear of you. Your'e either kept sedated or chained so anyone getting angry nearby doesn't set you off. Or perhaps there are special handlers, usually spellcasters of some kind who specialize in enchantment.
    Notables: Tarn (Sorcerer 1/Barbarian 5/Pain Totem 6) has led his tribe to many victories. he is unusual in that his tribe has allowed him to lead. Perhaps ecause he has seemed less unstable than most of his kind. In fact the strange scars all over his body are said to be a sign from Gruumsh by the Shamans...
    Organizations: Pain Totems have no organization. Usually they try to murder each other if given a chance.

NPC Reaction
    Considering that you look horrible, most non Orcs will find you terrifying. Even most Orcs find you terrifying. In all likelihood most strangers you meet will consider you a monster.

PAIN TOTEMS IN THE GAME
    Pain Totems are probably better as a NPC Prestige Class. Since their abilities rely on absorbing Rage or Frenzy they will need to be surrounded by teammates or enemies to make proper use of them. They'll also tend to be in the spotlight an awful lot in fights, and pretty much a drawback outside of them. Leadership is a boon to them, as they can have a group of Orc Barbarians as a cohort, making them pretty nasty...
    Adaptation: Pain Totems make Orc invasions a bit different. Instead of hundreds of berserkers, you now have dozens of berserkers, a lot of weaker warriors, and a small group (or perhaps even an individual) with serious power.
    Encounters: PC's will usually encounter a Pain Totem as the giant, twisted monstrosity in the charging horde of Orc reavers they are about to face. Or as a bedraggled outcast considering either suicide or bloody vengeance somewhere in the bleak places of the world.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.

EL 12: Tarn is one of the few of his kind to learn restraint, as well as live past the age of 20. At one point he tired of being the pet monster of his tribes chieftain, and made sure to be next to him in a large raid against the humans. With his rage gone the older Orc didn't do so well in battle and fell to the humans. There were few if any survivors. Tarn was one of them. His tribe did not yet know of his ability to steal the Rage from his fellow berserkers, and he faced little punishment. At least no more than the others did. The fight over who was to become chieftain was short and brutal, and to everyone's surprise Tarn won. To their continued surprise he was actually good at it. The tribe prospered under his rule, despite his seeming to be fairly uninterested in being a leader. The truth was that Tarn had found an old sword while in the hills alone returning from the battle. It called to him, and showed him visions of a future. A future without the humans. If only he would wield it. He agreed. Flash forward several years, and Tarn is now undisputed lord of his tribe. His rivals are dead, the priests are dead, and he plans to lead his tribe on a suicidal raid on a nearby human city. The sword has shown him that he and his tribe will die, but the humans will be broken enough that they will fall to the other tribes. He doesn't care anymore. The pain of his existence is now overwhelming, and he's been willing to die for years. After all what does he have left? His blasphemy of killing the priesthood leaves him no afterlife with Gruumsh. The tribe fears him more than anything else. The humans would probably wipe them out eventually anyway. So on this day Tarn sets his wife free, and tells her she is free to remarry, if any of them come back. And he smiles and thinks "Today at last I will die. I can hardly wait."

Tarn
    CE (originally CN) Male Orc Sorcerer1/Barbarian 5/Pain Totem 6
    Init +1, Senses: Listen +3, Spot -1, Dark Vision 60 ft.
    Languages Orc, Common
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 25, touch 11, flat-footed 24 (+1 Dex, +8 Armor, +6 Shield)
    Max possible AC using Channel Rage is 33, touch 11, flat-footed 32 (+ 8 Natural Armor Bonus)
    hp 74 (12 HD)
    Max hp when using Channel Rage 122
    Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8 +2 on Saves vs Pain,
    +2 Morale Bonus to Willpower Saves when Raging
    Max possible Fort Save when using Channel Rage is +10
    Cannot be Dazed or Stunned
    Dr 8/- when using Channel Rage
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares), 30 ft. in armor
    Melee Sword of Darkness +15/+10 (1d8+7) or Unarmed Strike (1d3+4)
    Max possible when using Channel Rage +19/+14 (1d8+11) or Unarmed Strike (1d6+8)
    Base Atk +8, Grp +12 (+16 with Channel Rage)
    Atk Options Inspired Rage, Inspired Frenzy, Steal Rage, Steal Frenzy, Channel Rage (Strength, Constitution, Iron Toughness, Terrifying Aura (Save DC 19), Maximum Rage Pool 8), Rage 2/day, Power Attack
    Combat Gear 6 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 3 Potions of Protection from Arrows
    Sorcerer Spells Prepared (CL 12th)
    0: Detect Magic x2, Detect Poison x2 (also knows Flare, Message)
    1st: Ray of Enfeeblement x1 (Save DC 14), True Strike x3
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 16
    Max possible when using Channel Rage Str 26, Con 21
    SQ Illiteracy, Trap Sense +1
    Feats Scarred, Power Attack, Thick Scars, Patterned Scars, Leadership
    Skills Climb +10, Concentration +10, Intimidate +10, Listen +2, Spellcraft +1
    Possessions +3 Ring of Protection, +5 Heavy Fortification Hide Armor, 3 Potions of Protection from Arrows, 3 Potions of Non Detection, 6 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, +4 Heavy Steel Shield, Bag of Holding 2, 814 GP, Sword of Darkness (the Swod of Darkness is an artifact whose stats are up to the DM. It should be at least a +3 intelligent longsword somehow capable of seeing the future and manipulating it's wielder).

Cohort CE Male Orc Barbarian 6/Frenzied berserker 4
    Followers 20 1st Level Male Orc Barbarians, two 2nd Level Male Orc barbarians, 0ne 3rd Level Male Orc Barbarian.

Scar Feats

Scarred
    You are born with a network of scars over your entire body. You are in constant pain, but suffer no ill effects from it.
    Prerequisites: Any Orc Race, must be taken at 1st level
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on Saving Throws against spells or effects that specifically only cause pain (for example Finger of Agony, Symbol of Pain, and Wrack).

Thick Scars
    Your scars have grown more prevalent and more ugly with time.
    Prerequisites: Scarred, Base Fortitude Save +5
    Benefits: You are now immune to effects based on Pain.

Patterned Scars
    Your scars have grown into patterns the Shamans assure you have hidden meaning and significance.
    Prerequisites: Scarred, Base Willpower Save +5
    Benefits: Caster Level for your Arcane Spells is equal to your Effective Character level.

Burning Scars
    The pain from your scars drives you mad sometimes. But it also gives you power...
    Prerequisites: Scarred
    Benefits: 3 times per day you may increase the Save DC of any Spell or Supernatural Ability you have as a Free Action by +2. This stacks with Feats such as Spell Focus or Ability focus.

Hardened Scars
    Your scars have grown iron hard.
    Prerequisites: Scarred, and 3 other Scar Feats or Damage Reduction of some kind.
    Benefits: You cannot be Dazed, Sickened, Staggered, or Stunned. Your Damage Reduction increases +3 against subdual damage (i.e. if you had Dr 5/-, it is now DR 8/-).

EPIC PAIN TOTEM

Hit Die: d8
    Rage Pool: The maximum amount of uses of Rage/Frenzy your Rage Pool can hold increases by +1 for every level past 20th.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Pain Totem gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-12-17 at 03:31 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #7

Well, let's get started! Except I have work. Will say right now two things:
    1) reserved for my massive PEACH. You know me Bhu.

and 2) I like the idea so far. Nice job with the layout.
    My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help? Want to see what I've done? Want to see what others have done well? Check it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...But you have never given any bad advice as far as I have seen. Not to mention, unlike some other people I see around here, you actually know what your talking about.

Trust dman11235.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Heres the list of vague ideas for PrC's I was considering doing. The ones with an asterisk are done or under construction. A warning, some of the Orc ones are kinda dark..

Ironheart Crusader *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Smite, Martial Study Feat used to gain Ironheart maneuver
    Possible benefits: You are a Devoted Crusader who fgains acess to the ironheart style

Ironheart Berserker *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Battle Ardor, Iron Heart Surge
    Possible benefits: Unique maneuvers and stances for Ironheart style

Dai-Bakemono *
    Prerequisites: Bakemono or Dekanter, Bone Crusher, Flesh Ripper
    Possible benefits: Optimizes combining Stone Dragon and Tiger Claw styles

Orog Knight *
    Prerequisites: Orog, Defensive Rebuke
    Possible Benfits: You styles are adapted to be used with spears and have some unique maneuvers

Gray Sun *
    Prerequisites: Gray Orc, may only use Shadow Sun maneuvers and stances
    Possible benefits: Unique maneuvers and stances for Shadow Sun style

Tigerskin Berserker *
    Prerequisites: Orc, Rage, any Tiger Claw maneuver
    Possible benefits: Tiger claw abilities enhanced while raging

Tanarruk Firesword *
    Prerequisites: Tanarruk, Weapon Focus: Falchion, any Desert Wind maneuver doing fire damage
    Possible benefits: Unique desert Wind maneuvers dealing fire damage

Azure Nightmare *
    Prerequisites: Blue Goblin, 1 Diamond Mind Maneuver, 1 Psychic Warrior Power
    Possible benefits: Synergy between psychic powers and initiator abilities

Bugbear Enforcer *
    Prerequisites: Bugbear, Assassins Stance, Sneak Attack
    Possible Benefits: Shadow Sun Specialist

Horn Berserker *
    Prerequisites: Dekanter or Varag, Rage, Skirmish, Powerful charge Feat
    Possible benefits: Your charge attacks are exceptionally dangerous.

Vril Escapee *
    Prerequisites: Vril, Rage, Vril Feat
    Possible benefits: DC of your special attacks like Dazing Shriek (or the attack itself) is enhanced when you are raging

Juicer *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, Rage, addiction to alchemical potion that lets you rage whenever you drink it
    Possible benefits: Alchemy enhanced rages

Forestkith Alpha *
    Prerequisites: Forestkith Goblin, Rage, ??
    Possible Benefits: One in a thousand Forestkith males is an Alpha becoming medium size with powerful build.

Elf Breaker *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, Rage, Improved Grapple
    Possible benefits: You love to break elves spines over your knee. Grapple based PrC.

Goblin Jihadi *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, Rage, Trap Sense
    Possible benefits: You excel at avoiding traps and detection, unleashing your rage when you find your target

Basher *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, Rage, ranks in Knowledge religion
    Possible Benefits: reigious berserker of some sort.

Soulless*
    Prerequisites: Orc, Rage, must have succumbed to a spiritual malady called the Fading
    Possible Benefits: Immunities to many things like death effects, energy drain, ability drain

Scarred Veteran *
    Prerequisites: Orc, Rage, DR 1/-
    Possible Benefits: Your tough, even for an orc

Hidden Soul *
    Prerequisites: Half-Orc, Ranks in Alchemy, Rage
    Possible Benefits: You have studied alchemy to repress your Orcish side to blend in with humans. However ever so often it escapes and you go an a rampage. Equal parts the Hulk, and Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde.

Bugbear Frightener *
    Prerequisites: Bugbear, Hexblades Curse
    Possible Benefits: If you successfully curse an opponent wh is denied his dex bonus to AC you appear larger and more frightening

Goblin Blacknife *
    Prerequistes: Any goblinoid, Hexblades curse, Sneak Attack
    Possible Benefits: Give up daily use of Hexblades curse to empower your sneak attacks

Darkened Eye *
    Prerequisites: Orc, Hexblades curse, born without left eye, Dark Companion
    Possible Benefits: You focus on curses to the exclusion of spellcasting and have some darkness based powers. Your Dark Companion becomes your shadow.

3.5 Hexer *
    Prerequisites: Depends I need to see the old PrC first, but Hexblades curse is up there
    Possible Benefits: Much like the old class.

Hobgoblin Sniper *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Hexblades Curse, Hex Feats
    Possible Benefits: Range of your curse is extended, you companions gain bonuses against anyone you have successfully cursed

Blue Moon *
    Prerequisites: Blue, Hexblades Curse, Psion powers
    Possible benefits: Use psionics to boost curse abilities.

The Peoples Champion *
    Prerequisites: Goblin, Swashbuckler
    Possible Benefits: It's accepted that bigger goblinoids push smaller goblinoids around. But every so often one goes insane and fights back in the delusionary belief that he's a hero.

Professional Duellist *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Swashbuckler
    Possible Benefits: Your accuracy with a sword is quite impressive.

Orc Pirate *
    Prerequisites: Orc, ranks in certain skills, Swashbuckler
    Possible Benefits: Your a pireate what more do you need

Gaijin Marshall *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Samurai
    Possible Benefits: You get sent to do the dirty work other samurai wont touch.

Orc Sergeant *
    Prerequisites: Orc, marshalls Aura (motivate ardor or motivate attack), proficiency with whip
    Possible Benefits: You inspire charges with fear, mostly of your deadly whip

Pack Master *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Leadership (varag cohort), Marshalls Aura (over the top)
    Possible Benefits: More powerful auras when leading a pack of attack varags

Bugbear Sergeant *
    Prerequisites: Bugbear, Marshalls Aura (motivate dexterity)
    Possible benefits: Sneak attack aura

Steadfast Commandant *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Marshalls Aura (resilient troops)
    Possible benefits: Improved auras

Ironheart Samurai *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Smaurai, must have had heart removed and replaced with iron replica
    Possible Benefits: Your slowly becoming a construct like monster

Spear of Gruumsh * (changed to Orc Spear Master)
    Prerequisites: Orc, Skirmish, Hurling Charge Feat
    Possible Benefits: warrior specializing in throwing spears

Orc Bison Rider *
    Prerequisites: Orc, ranks in Handle Animal and Ride
    Possible Benefits: Bison mount, mounted combat specialist

Orc Thug *
    Prerequisites: Orc, Sneak Attack
    Possible Benefits: Combat based rogue PrC

Fist of Gruumsh *
    Prerequisites: Orc, Eldritch Blast,Eldritch Spear
    Possible Benefits: Warlock specializing in Eldritch Blast

Tanarruk Flamer *
    Prerequisites: Tanarruk, Brimstone Blast
    Possible Benefits: Fire related Invocations

Orog Eldritch Sword *
    Prerequisites: Orog, Weapon Foucs (Greatsword), Hideous Blow
    Possible Benefits: Expert at channeling your eldritch blast through your Greatsword

Hobgoblin Artillerist *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Warmage Edge
    Possible benefits: Increased Range with Ray and Orb spells

Orog Juggernaut *
    Prerequisites: Orog, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Warmage Edge
    Possible Benefits: Can cast spells in the heaviest of armor.

Pain Totem *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Rage, ability to cast arcane spells
    Possible Benefits: Can steal uses per day of rage from other barbarians to empower itself growing bigger and more menacing

Pain Manifester*
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, ability to cast arcane spells, cant have summoned familiar
    Possible benefits: Can manifest pain and hatred as a physical being

Eldritch Berserker*
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, ability to cast arcane spells
    Possible Benefits: Can cast spells while raging. SPells must be Conjuration, Evocation, or Necromancy, and can only have verbal and somatic components

Pandemonicus *
    Prerequisites: Tanarruk, ability to cast arcane spells, rage
    Possible benefits: Can expend spells to gain demonic power while raging.

Shrieker *
    Prerequisites: Vril, ability to cast arcane spells, one of which must do sonic damage
    Possible Benefits: Sonic specialist

Goblin Liar
    Prerequisites: Goblin, Cloaked Casting
    Possible Benefits: Your the worlds greatest liar...

Orog Blade *
    Prerequisites: Orog, Arcane Chanelling
    Possible Benefits: Can wear heavier armor

Tanarruk Demonsword *
    Prerequisites: Tanarruk, Arcane Chanelling
    Possible Benfits: Add some spells to Duskblade spell list.

Hobgoblin Slasher
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Arcane Chanelling
    Possible Benfits: Bonuses against elves.

Hobgoblin Knight
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Knights Challenge
    Possible Benefits: More challenge oriented abilities

Blue Sand Shaman *
    Prerequisites: Sunscorch Hobgoblin, Draconic Aura, Blue Dragon Totem
    Possible Benefits: New abilities based on electricity

Sunscorch Adept
    Prerequisites: Sunscorch Hobgoblin, Draconic Invocations
    Possible Benefits: ?

Ice Shaman *
    Prerequisites: Frostblood Orc, Draconic Aura, White Dragon Totem
    Possible Benefits: New abilities based on cold.

Winters Adept *
    Prerequisites: Frostblood Orc, Draconic Invocations
    Possible Benefits: ?

Pine Bender *
    Prerequisites: Orc, Wild Shape
    Possible Benefits: Give up WIld Shape for Giant Shape

Rust Monster Tender *
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid, Animal Companion
    Possible Benefits: You give up your animal companion for your vry own pack of rust monsters

Keeper *
    Prerequisites: Orc, ???
    Possible Benefits: You cut the heart out of slain members of your tribe and keep them in baskets fed on your own blood. You may send their ghosts to spy or attack for you.

Sons of Baghtru *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Baghtru as Patron, Favored Soul
    Possible benefits: Exchange spells for temporary might.

Fists of Baghtru *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Baghtru as Patron, Cleric
    Possible Benefits: Martial clerics.

Swords of Ilneval *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Ilneval as Patron, Divine spellcaster
    Possible benefits: Discharge spells through sword, some enhanced divination

Luthicarite *
    Prerequisites: Orcish Female, Divine spellcaster, Monk. Luthic as Patron
    Possible Benefits: Secretly combative monk/clerics. Would possibly be outed as heretics.

Healers of Luthic
    Prerequisites: Orcish Female, Divine Spellcaster, Luthic as Patron
    Possible Benefits: Enhanced Healers and buffers

Shargaasian Assassin *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Shargaas as patron, Divine spellcasting, Sneak Attack
    Possible Benefits: Spell enhanced assassin

Darkwalker *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Shargaas as Patron, Divine Spellcasting, Dark Domain
    Possible benefits: Tunnel Fighter that gains power and benefits in darkness

Pale Hands *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Yurtrus as Patron, Divine Spellcasting, Monk
    Possible benefits: Necromantic Monk

Maggots of Yurtrus *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Yurtrus as Patron, Divine Spellcasting
    Possible Benefits: Necromancer that raises armies of the dead and spreads disease

Spears of Gruumsh
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Gruumsh as Patron, Favored SOul
    Possible Benefits: Holy warrior

Voices of Gruumsh *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Gruumsh as Patron, Cleric
    Possible Benefits: Evangelists

Sons of Maglubiyet *
    Prerequisites:Goblinoid, Maglubiyet as Patron, Divine Spellcaster
    Possible Benefits: Divine battle caster

Whips of Khurgorbaeyeg *
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid, Khurgorbaeyag as Patron, Divine spellcaster
    Possible Benefits: Specilizes in domination and will destroying

Nomg's Children *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Nomog-Gaeya as Patron, Divine Spellcaster
    Possible benefits: 2 weapon fighter

Skull Taker *
    Prerequisites: Bugbear, Hruggek as Patron, Divine Spellcaster
    Possible benefits: Combat cleric

The Eaters *
    Prerequisites: Bugbear, Grankhul as Patron, Divine Spellcaster, Skirmish or snaek attack
    Possible Benefits: Divine hunter

Traitor *
    Prerequisites: Bugbear, Meriadar as Patron, Divine Spellcaster
    Possible benefits: peace preaching converts

Grandmothers *
    Prerequisites: Bhuka Goblin, kikanuti as patron, Divine spellcaster
    Possible benefits:???

Peacekeeper *
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid, Bhargrivyek as Patron, Divine spellcaster
    Possible Benefits: Some mind control and buffing

Goblin Fireworks Maker *
    Prerequisites: Goblin, Ranks in Craft (Alchemy)
    Possible Benefits: You Are The Evil Mad Bomber, What Bombs At Midnight

Laboratory Experiment *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid
    Possible benfits: Whatever mutation doc frankenstein bestows upon you...

Azure Master *
    Prerequisites: Blue, Telepathy Discipline
    Possible benefits: Enhanced telepathic abilities

Goblin Smuggler *
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid, Nomad Discipline
    Possible Benefits: Enhanced teleportation

Tanarruk Firebreather *
    Prerequisites: Tanarruk, Kineticist Discipline
    Possible Benefits: Enhanced fire powers

Orog Brute *
    Prerequisites: Orog, Egoist Discipline
    Possible Benefits: Enhanced physical prowess

Psychic Brute *
    Prerequisites: Orc or Goblinoid, ANimal Affinity
    Possible Benefits: Can burn power points to shrug damage and enhance your own physical power

Black Blade *
    Prerequisites: Any Goblinoid, Stygian Weapon
    Possible Benefits: Enhanced Stygian Powers

Mindknife *
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid, Mind Blade
    Possible Benefits: Specializes in fightine with twin mind blades.

Mindspear *
    Prerequisites: Orcish, Mind Blade
    Possible Benefits: Can reshape mind blade into a polearm

Mind hammer *
    Prerequisites: Bakemono or Forestkith, Mind Blade
    Possible Benefits: Massively damaging mindblade

Psychic Experiment *
    Prerequisites: Varag or Forestkith, Volatile Mind
    Possible Benefits: volatile and uncontrolled psychic

Goblin Janissary *
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin or Dekanter, must have acess to these Mantles: Conflict, Force, Physical Power, Mental Power
    Possible Benefits: Enhanced Mantle Powers?

Azure Thinker *
    Prerequisites: Blue, must have access to these Mantles:Communication, Deception, Freedom, Mental Power

Forest Brute *
    Prerequisites: Foretstkith, Varag, or Bakemono; must have access to these Mantles: Conflict, Guardian, Natural World, Physical Power

Tunnel Haunt
    Prerequisites: Dekanter, Lurk Augments
    Possible benefits: Tunnel ambusher

Highwayman *
    Prerequisites: Goblinoid, Lurk Augments
    Possible Benefits: Ambushing bandit with psychic powers

Horns of Amon *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, ability to Bind Amon
    Possible Benefits: You specialize in binding Amon, and get extra abilities when doing so

Ashen Swords *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, ability to Bind Marchosias
    Possible Benefits: Assassins who specialize in binding Marchosias

The Called *
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, ability to Bind Vestiges, contacted peacefully by orcish vestige
    Possible Benefits: The Called are contacted by an orc turned vestige. in life he was shunned by his tribe, and he calls upon similar outcasts.

Black Orc *
    Prerequisites: Any orcish, sustaining shadow
    Possible Benefits: Unique mysteries

Orog Myrmidon *
    Prerequisites: Orog, Sharp Shadows
    Possible Benefits: Heavily armored shadow caster

Bleak Archer *
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, Arrow of Dusk
    Possble Benefits: shadowcaster specializing in ranged attacks
    Last edited by Bhu; 2013-05-31 at 11:35 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #9

Probably don't need so many for this book. Try keeping it to the ten or so best ones.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alot of them seem that they should be open to other races as well. Stuff like the Orc Veteran.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I would say that these prestige classes should be designed keeping in mind that most of these things have poor ability. That is to say, they should be a little stronger than normal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Rizban: You could be all, "Today's Destruction is brought to you by the color green.... I HATE GREEN!" then fly off mumbling to yourself "Seven... seven bats... mwa ha ha ha..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Everyone knows you can just parse XML with regex.
    Don't mind me. I'm just going to have some post traumatic flashbacks in the corner here and sob uncontrollably.

Millenium Earl by Shmee

12. - Top - End - #12

??? Orcs and goblinoids aren't underpowered races. They don't need to be extra powerful.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I think he's referring to the penalties they take to mental stats for the spellcaster PrC's i may make.

I was gonna basically make them all, and decide which ones worked best for the book. Other people are doing some too.

Besides I need some experience making PrC's, and doing all of these will get me some :D
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #14

They should only be as powerful as they need to be.

Over on the wizards boards, how much have they gotten done? I'd love to get in there and do some editing. Had I known that this is what Races of the Horde was I would have gotten in there in the beginning.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

15. - Top - End - #15

Alrighty then, taking that PrC in bits.

Seems sloppily done. The fluff on some abilities doesn't match the crunch. Also, it requires spell casting but doesn't improve on it in any way. That's what's wrong with the Arcane Archer, don't have the same problem.

What does this class have anything to do with pain?

Inspired Rage: it does not grant you more rage. It does not inspire rage. It lets you rage when others do. Name it something like Rage Theft or something. Rage Parasite. Copy Rage. Rage Twin. Have the fluff match the crunch. Or change the crunch to match to fluff. If anything have it be optional.

Channel Rage: I LOVE this idea. Great idea. Great, great, great. However (you knew this was coming), the mechanics are a little bit iffy. Do you start the day with a number in your pool equal to your daily uses of rage? If not you should. And you need to say so. Are those bonuses replacing the normal rage ones? Make it clear. Also, have the ability continue into epic, by saying that for every three uses, the bonuses increase by two (str and con, will save), and 1/2 (enhancement bonus on weapon: for every 6 it goes up by 1. Maybe change that one to every 4 uses in your pool you get a +1 enhancement bonus to your weapon, so 1-4 +1, 5-8 +2, 9-12 +3, 13-16 +4 etc.), and 1 (DR). Give the terrifying aura a bonus to the save DC based on the rage pool. A small one. +1/6 in the pool. See, there is no reason to cap it, other than abuse by those with a lot of rage uses. And that can be stymied by limiting it by class level and requiring a feat (epic feat) to allow advancement beyond what you have now. You also need a way to increase the pool at this level.

Steal Rage: Good ability, but allows a save. A very low save. Have Channel Rage give you a bonus to the DC based on number in your pool. +5 for 1-3, +4 for 4-6, +3 for 7-9, etc. Or maybe giving a bonus based on how many you can steal (i.e., your pool can be 12 but is 4, you'd get a +3 bonus because you can get 6, and 6/2 is three). Something needs to be able to bring up the save to failable levels. Otherwise this PrC is nothing but BAB and a good will save. Speaking of which: a combat PrC with poor BAB?!? And it's not the Warhulk?!?

Inspired Frenzy: see Inspired Rage.

Steal Frenzy: see Steal Rage.

Giant Among Orcs: Now we're talking! Problems though: it is a size bonus to strength, not a circumstance bonus. Also, just say you increase in size, as per the MM. Complete with str and con boosts, attack, AC, and dex drops, reach, and natural armor. You will have to add the +10 speed thing I believe.

Steal Life: NO. No, no, nononononono. Save or die a number of times equal to your charisma score? Have it just drain HP, but don't make it kill. A small number of HP. Or lower the number of times per day and have it be a larger number of HP. Have the number be dependent on something. An ability score, class level, or better yet, Channel Rage.

Arcane Transformation: WTF? What does this have anything to do with arcane anything? I like the ability though. However, I'd not grant large size like that. It's just weird. What, is there constant rage coming from the ground that you can use to fuel the large size? I just don't see it. However, something else, maybe to do with the scars would be better: DR/- that stacks with other sources. In fact, have it scale through the class.

Bottom line: WTF? It's a loose compendium of some vaguely related abilities, and some completely out there abilities. Get rid of the arcane requirement, or build on it. Where does pain enter into this at all? WTF?

Feats: Scarred is nice, but the others: too powerful. Immune to non-lethal is better than you think. immune to dazed and stunned (but not their lesser versions?) is way too powerful. Have it be the least versions of those conditions. Maybe just sickened and fatigue. Arcane caster level =character level, eh....maybe. It's definitely more powerful than Practiced Caster. Use con or charisma as save DC: nah. That belongs in a racial substitution level anyway: they did that with the dwarves. Well, spells per day.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Well, since no ones objected to the first PrC (woot!), here's another one:

DARKENED EYE

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"You should have walked away while I gave you the chance."

A Darkened Eye is an Orc born with one eye socket empty. He or she seems to age rapidly, yet suffer no ill effects from it. By the time they are 18 they look half again as old. By the time they are 30 they look almost twice as old. And then there are the powers they manifest... It is believed that the Darkened Eyes are perhaps gifted or cursed by Gruumsh. In truth they have an as yet unkown connection to the Plane of Shadow. But they ruthlessly exploit the idea they may be a chosen one of the Orc god. At least as long as they can.

BECOMING A DARKENED EYE
    Most Darkened Eyes begin as Hexblades.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Class Features: Hexblades Curse, Dark Companion
    Skills: Intimidate 4 Ranks, and Knowledge (Arcana) 4 Ranks.
    Base Attack Bonus: +6 BAB
    Feat: Darkened Eye

Class Skills
    The Darkened Eye's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (Arcana, Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis).

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Dark Curse 
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Dark Soul
    3. +2    +1     +1     +3    Dark Power
    4. +3    +1     +1     +4    Dark Curse
    5. +3    +1     +1     +4    Dark Soul
    6. +4    +2     +2     +5    Dark Power
    7. +5    +2     +2     +5    Dark Soul
    8. +6    +2     +2     +6    Dark Curse
    9. +6    +3     +3     +6    Dark Power
    10.+7    +3     +3     +7    Dark Form
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Darkened Eye gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Dark Curse (Su): The power of your curse is increased by your link to the Plane of Shadow.

At 1st level your hexblade and Darkened Eye Levels stack for determining the Save DC of your Hexblades Curse. You gain 1 extra daily use of your Hexblade's Curse per Darkened Eye level.

At 4th level you can expend a daily use of your Hexblades Curse to cast Bestow Curse, Contagion, Fear, Hold Monster, or Vulnerability as a Supernatural ability.

At 8th level you can expend two daily uses of your Hexblades Curse to cast Evil Glare, Eyebite, Imperious Glare, Insanity, or Opalescent Glare (In your case this Supernatural Ability does NOT have the Good descriptor and work on any creature regardles of alignment. It's still restricted by Hit Dice though.) as a Supernatural ability.

Dark Soul (Su): Your Dark Companion merges with you and becomes your own shadow.

At 2nd level you merge with your Dark Companion, and it becomes your shadow. A living shadow that occasionally moves on its own. Any opponent within 10 ft of you takes the -2 penalty to its Saves and AC as if it were next to your Dark Companion.

At 5th level your Dark Vision increases to 120'. You no longer suffer from Light Sensitivity.

At 7th level your Dark Vision increase to 240'. You are now immune to spells/effects that would blind you. You may now see through magical darkness as well as normal darkness with your Dark Vision.

Dark Power (Su): Your attachment to the Plane of Shadow increases and you gain supernatural abilities based on darkness.

At 3rd Level you are Invisible as per the spell Greater Invisibility whenever you are in darkness. The spell See Invisibility will not reveal you, but True Seeing does.

At 6th level you may cast Shadow Walk once per day as a Supernatural ability. The spell chosen at 3rd level that could be cast once per day can now be cast 3 times per day, and the spell that could be cast 3 times per day may now be cast at will.

At 9th level your opponents do not gain a Saving Throw against your Hexblade's Curse/Dark Curse abilities if they are in complete darkness.

Dark Form (Su): At 10th level you leave mortality behind, becoming a creature of the Plane of Shadow. You now gain the Shadow Creature Template form the Manual of the Planes (also in Lords of Madness).

PLAYING A DARKENED EYE
    Your curse is your main asset. No one wants to be on the receiving end of it, and everyone wants to have its use for their own purposes. this gives you a great deal of leverage once you fully gain control of it. You also have the advantage that many Orcs will believe you are some sort of avatar or priest of Gruumsh.
    Combat: Darkened Eyes like to use their Curses to open up opponents for their allies. They specialize in attacking from hiding at range, and rarely do face to face combat unless given no other choice, or if they're making an example of an obviously weaker individual.
    Advancement: Most Darkened Eyes spend their time focused on increasing the power of their curses. Rarely do they take any other path.
    Resources: Darkened Eyes are not well liked, and usually only have their own abilities to draw on, or the members of their tribe that they have helped. Except for the priesthood. It takes time but many priests eventually catch on that the Eye's power comes from something very much not Gruumsh...

DARKENED EYES IN THE WORLD
    "Never look at Tarn's empty eye socket. Something looked back at me when I did, but it wasn't him."
    Darkened Eyes have a hard lot in life. The Priests of Gruumsh see him as a rival due to his appearance of only having 1 eye. Or just flat out an enemy if they know he's a fraud. Most other high ranking tribesmen fear him because of his powers, and what he knows (because a smart Darkened Eye barters the use of his curses for knowledge). The lower tribesmen fear him for the same reason. Essentially he has no friends. He must blackmail, curse, or outright murder to get his way or keep himself safe.
    Daily Life: You spend most of your time engaged in the study of your powers. Occasionally members of your tribe will consult you for advice in matters they don't wish made public, or for your assistance in cursing their enemies.
    Notables: Hrukk (CE Male Orc, Hexblade 6/Darkened Eye 6) is the witch doctor of his tribe. He know the secrets of it's members (and a good deal of it's enemies). It's the only thing keeping him alive really.
    Organizations: Darkened Eyes have no organizations devoted to them, unless they themselves head them. Rarely do they rise to any high station.

NPC Reaction
    Most people are absolutely terrified of Darkened Eyes. They are known for 2 things: the power of their curses, and their willingness to use them freely. Many are outcast from their tribe for this reason, and take the life of hermits.

DARKENED EYES IN THE GAME
    The Darkened Eyes are exceptional debuffers. Used well they can cripple opponents quickly, so it will be wise for DM's to include more than 1 opponent in most encounters.
    Adaptation: Darkened Eyes are best in horror type campaigns, but will work in others that are serious.
    Encounters: Most PC's will encounter a Darkened Eye as a strange hermit that many locals go to for curses or revenge. Or as the elite assassin of an Orcish raiding party.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.

EL 12: Hrukk has graduated to be his tribal War Chiefs own personal assassin. He's the one who sneaks into human towns to commit sabotage or murder. He's also the one the Chief has paid handsomely to murder rivals, such as Priests, and other warriors. Hrukk also knows where the bodies are buried. Which means his time is limited. The Chief wants him dead and he knows it.

So he's decided to set the Chief up big time using his powers. He's already informed the local human town of all the tribes plans. When the raiding party goes out he'll be slipping away at the earliest opportunity. He's bribed some helpers to ready things when he returns to expose his Chief to the tribe, assuming he survives the fight. After that he has a horse ready to take him to the larger cities. Hrukk wants more money for his talents...

Hrukk
    CE Male Orc Hexblade 6/Darkened Eye 6
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +1, Spot +1, Dark Vision 120 ft.
    Languages Orc, Common
    AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 15 (+5 Armor)
    hp 84 (12 HD)
    Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +8
    +3 vs spells and spell like effects
    Speed 30 ft. ( squares)
    Melee +1 Unholy Surge Stygian Falchion +14/+9 (2d4+4)
    Base Atk +10, Grp +13
    Atk Options Hexblades Curse 5/day (Save DC 21), Dark Curse, Dark Curse, Dark Power, Curse Feats
    Combat Gear 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Hexblade Spells Prepared (CL 3rd)
    1st (2/day):Entropic Shield, Detect Magic, Karmic Aura, Reaving Aura (DC 14)
    Supernatural Abilities (CL 12th) Save DC 19
    At Will: Shadow Mask
    1/day: Shadow Walk
    3/day: Armor of Darkness
    By expending 2 Daily Uses of Hexblades Curse: Bestow Curse, Contagion, Fear, Hold Monster, or Vulnerability.
    Abilities Str 17, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 6, Cha 16
    SQ Arcane Resistance, Mettle, Immune to Blindness
    Feats Combat Casting (B), Extra Curse x2, Extend Curse, Empower Curse, Ability Focus (Hexblades Curse)
    Skills Bluff +6, Concentration +7, Hide +6 (+16 armored), Intimidate +10, Knowledge (Arcana) +10, Listen +1, Spellcraft +6, Spot +1, Move Silently +10 in armor
    Possessions +1 Improved Shadow/Improved Silent Moves Chain Shirt, +1 Unholy Surge Stygian Falchion, Ring of Invisibility, 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 2 Potions of Fly, 875 GP

Darkened Eye
    You are born with one eye put out already.
    Prerequisites: Any Orc Race, must be taken at 1st level
    Benefits: You gain a +2 Racial Bonus to Search and Spot rolls, but only in dim or no light.

EPIC DARKENED EYE

Hit Die: d8
    Hexblade's Curse: The Save DC of the Curse still increases by 1 every 2 levels. The Darkened Eye gains an additional daily use of it's Hexblades Curse at each level.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Darkened Eye gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-12-20 at 12:19 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #17

Bhu, what gives? You're slipping.

I'd like to have seen something relating to Grummsh here. It's like you held out a candy bar towards me and at the last second you popped it in your mouth. Grummsh? No, Plane of Shadow. You'd think that if an orc was born with an eye missing, it would be revered as a prophet of their one-eyed god. Also, that PrC does exist: Eye of Grummsh (CW). I'd like to see some of the great work you've put into other things, like the Cat Burglar (original). Did you even read the Hexblade class before making this? They don't get a Dark Companion. It's an alternate class feature. Granted, it's 10x better than the familiar, but you shouldn't have this advance a non-class feature of the base class it's trying to augment. Also, Shadow Creature is in LoM most recently.

Point 1) change fluff to match crunch, or crunch to match fluff. I say fluff to match crunch, as there already is a one-eye orc PrC.

point 2) make sure you're using the Hexblade, and not the Hexblade with this ACF.

point 3) either advance spellcasting or make it worth the lack of spell casting.

point 4) You've been doing this way too often lately: abilities that copy spells are not (su), they are (sp).

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dman11235 View Post
    They should only be as powerful as they need to be.

Over on the wizards boards, how much have they gotten done? I'd love to get in there and do some editing. Had I known that this is what Races of the Horde was I would have gotten in there in the beginning.

Well we have a nice fat chunk of PrC's on the PrC board. But otherwise things have totally stalled out in the races board.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Hi Dman. In my defense these were posted in rounds of 3 or 4minutes at a time over on the Wizards board. If they seem a little incoherent it's because I wasn't able to focus on them due to rl issues at the time, and most of the reviewers just said YAY! without really PEACHing much.

Hence why I posted it here

Since there's a chance people will be peeking at these here and I may (repeat May) have some more spare time I can fix them up.

I tend to make all abilities in my classes Ex or Su. Spell like abilites are basically just spells without material components, and a set number of uses per day. I really just hate the concept for some reason. Either you're casting a spell, or you're using an innate ability that works differently while still mimicking the spells effects. Gimme a bit and I'll modify the classes.

Oh and the Gruumsh related classes are coming :D The Darkened Eyes usually are thought of as an Avatar of Gruumsh and use it to their advantage, thats why the priests hate them.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-03-17 at 08:54 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Alrighty then, taking that PrC in bits.

What does this class have anything to do with pain?

Speaking of which: a combat PrC with poor BAB?!? And it's not the Warhulk?!?

Arcane Transformation: WTF? What does this have anything to do with arcane anything? I like the ability though. However, I'd not grant large size like that. It's just weird. What, is there constant rage coming from the ground that you can use to fuel the large size? I just don't see it. However, something else, maybe to do with the scars would be better: DR/- that stacks with other sources. In fact, have it scale through the class.

Bottom line: WTF? It's a loose compendium of some vaguely related abilities, and some completely out there abilities. Get rid of the arcane requirement, or build on it. Where does pain enter into this at all? WTF?.
    Made many of the changes you suggested, see what you think now.

It's called Pain Totem because as it says in the fluff, they are constantly in pain, even though it doesn't effect their physical abilities. And because I suck with names.

I gave it a Poor BAB because I thought the bonuses from Channel would eventually make up for it. I can raise it though.

Redid and renamed Arcane Transformation.

Again, pain has more to do with the fluff, not what they can do.

And thanks btw.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Bhu, what gives? You're slipping.

I'd like to have seen something relating to Grummsh here. It's like you held out a candy bar towards me and at the last second you popped it in your mouth. Grummsh? No, Plane of Shadow. You'd think that if an orc was born with an eye missing, it would be revered as a prophet of their one-eyed god. Also, that PrC does exist: Eye of Grummsh (CW). I'd like to see some of the great work you've put into other things, like the Cat Burglar (original). Did you even read the Hexblade class before making this? They don't get a Dark Companion. It's an alternate class feature. Granted, it's 10x better than the familiar, but you shouldn't have this advance a non-class feature of the base class it's trying to augment. Also, Shadow Creature is in LoM most recently.

Point 1) change fluff to match crunch, or crunch to match fluff. I say fluff to match crunch, as there already is a one-eye orc PrC.

point 2) make sure you're using the Hexblade, and not the Hexblade with this ACF.

point 3) either advance spellcasting or make it worth the lack of spell casting.

point 4) You've been doing this way too often lately: abilities that copy spells are not (su), they are (sp).

Okay I added to the fluff a little. It should spell out the Eye's place in Orc society a lil better now.

I used the ACF because Dark Companion fit the bill better than Familiar, and I'd never made a PrC for a classes alternate abilities as opposed to their regular ones and wanted to give it a shot.

Hexblade spellcasting kinda tanks til you get to high levels. I thought the Supernatural abilities made up for it but can alter that.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

could you link this "races of the hoard" thing please?
    from
    EE

23. - Top - End - #23

Channel Rage still needs some rewording. Get rid of the "per day" at the end of the first sentence. Also, state that you no longer have a certain number of rage per day, but you use rages from this pool to activate it. You start out the day with your original number of rage uses in the pool. Add something that gets that message across a little better.

Now, you need a way to increase your rage pool at level 2 (or earlier). Otherwise, it's not an ability to look forward to. At all.

Also, the numbers are off. At level 2: 2 rage (barbarian 4), +3 extra rage+2 class levels+cha (let's say 2). That's a max of 9. And you start with 5. It should be higher than that. Make the abilities every 4 levels. At level 10 in the class it will not be hard to get the cap to 20: 10 class levels+2 rage+3 extra rage+5 charisma. That's a minimum of level 16 as well, 15 if you get rid of the arcane casting requirements (which I still have no idea why it's there).

The natural armor boost shouldn't be that much, drop it to capping at +6. Basically halve it.

Spells: why require it? Especially if you don't lend any ability to the advancement of it what-so-ever. Even less than the Arcane Archer, which at least gets Imbue Arrow. You've got some (su) abilities, but they don't stem from any arcane power, they stem from anger. My advice: get rid of that requirement. Make that special requirement be something synergistic instead. Or even ignore that part of the requirement altogether. It's not that much more powerful than barbarian, and it's less powerful than the FB.

Why allow a save for the steal x abilities? I understand why balance wise. But it's a save, which will get harder to fail rapidly. Add in a clause in Channel Rage that grants a bonus to the DC based on how many uses you don't have. +1 to the DC per use you don't have might be fine. It's only a +5 or so at level 3 for the first one. And the point is to make it hard to succeed on the first one, and easy to succeed on the later ones.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

24. - Top - End - #24

In light of new stuffs: Races of Savagery home, you can (I assume) get to everywhere from there.

There's a reason no body uses an ACF for a PrC entrance: it's taboo. Well, sort of. I see ACFs as an option that doesn't have an impact on your character building style (PrCs and such), but PrCs and such having an impact on ACFs. That makes sense in my mind, not sure if I conveyed well enough. Point is, shy away from it a best you can.

Dark Curse: use two uses of your 5/day at 20 to use it. I'd rather have the (pathetic) spells. The spell like (su): why not just add to the spell list? They need to change to spell-like anyway, and there's little difference between (sp) and spells.

Like I said: make it worth the loss. And you may want to up the power a little mmore beyond that: the Hexblade is a weak class, useful for three level dips.

Spoiler
    Show

Trust dman11235.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

The natural armor boost shouldn't be that much, drop it to capping at +6. Basically halve it.

Spells: why require it? Especially if you don't lend any ability to the advancement of it what-so-ever. Even less than the Arcane Archer, which at least gets Imbue Arrow. You've got some (su) abilities, but they don't stem from any arcane power, they stem from anger. My advice: get rid of that requirement. Make that special requirement be something synergistic instead. Or even ignore that part of the requirement altogether. It's not that much more powerful than barbarian, and it's less powerful than the FB.

Why allow a save for the steal x abilities? I understand why balance wise. But it's a save, which will get harder to fail rapidly. Add in a clause in Channel Rage that grants a bonus to the DC based on how many uses you don't have. +1 to the DC per use you don't have might be fine. It's only a +5 or so at level 3 for the first one. And the point is to make it hard to succeed on the first one, and easy to succeed on the later ones.
    The idea was that their skin eventually gets iron hard, but I get what you mean.

The spell requirement was because many of the classes I saw that had some sort of arcane ability had some spellcasting as a reuirement. I can nix that.

The steal x abilities are abuseable in a way. For example take the Leadership Feat, get Barbarians as your cohort. Suck up all their Rage. I added the Save because if you want to do it to someone who isn't a volunteer, he should have a save, and I used the standard Save DC. You can always up with with Feats. besides if someone used this as a BBEG, and the party had a Barbarian, the Barbarian is now mostly a fighter without Feats if there is no Save.

Making some more tweaks now.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

In light of new stuffs: Races of Savagery home, you can (I assume) get to everywhere from there.

There's a reason no body uses an ACF for a PrC entrance: it's taboo. Well, sort of. I see ACFs as an option that doesn't have an impact on your character building style (PrCs and such), but PrCs and such having an impact on ACFs. That makes sense in my mind, not sure if I conveyed well enough. Point is, shy away from it a best you can.

Dark Curse: use two uses of your 5/day at 20 to use it. I'd rather have the (pathetic) spells. The spell like (su): why not just add to the spell list? They need to change to spell-like anyway, and there's little difference between (sp) and spells.

Like I said: make it worth the loss. And you may want to up the power a little mmore beyond that: the Hexblade is a weak class, useful for three level dips.
    Okay look at the tweaks I made now to the Dark Curse abilities.

BTW I luv breaking taboos nothing makes the day brighter for me. This si the only ACF class i did though. I personally thought what was the point in having ACF's if you didnt have any PrC's you could qualify for using them (cause they usually replace something you could use to PrC).
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Redid the Dark Curse/SOul abilities. Will be a bit more powerful at night than in the day, but a few scrolls/wands will help with that.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello, hello, and hello.

Bhu mentioned on the WoTC forums that he was posting his RotH PrCs over here, so I figured I would as well. For those who don't know me I am the goblin guy Bhu mentioned earlier. So without further ado, please allow me to present:

All done!

I know many of the classes abilities seem over powered, but please pay special attention to the entry requirements as well as the level up requirements under 'Feeding'.

Barghessian

"I feeds on you. I eats yer flesh and soul to make me stronger. You is prey, and prey should know its place."
    Rot-Tooth, Goblin Barghessian

In the Bleak Eternity of Gehenna there lives a demonic type of goblin, able to assume the form of goblin, wolf, or an unholy hybrid of the two. These creature occasionally come to the material plane to feed, consuming the flesh and life force of other creatures in order to grow stronger. These nightmarish beast are the Barghest.

During its time on the material plane a Barghest often finds itself living in and amongst its lesser goblin kin. Very rarely the barghest will help to pass the time by taking a goblin mate, passing its fiendish nature and even more fiendish abilities on to the descendants of these unholy unions. Most times the goblin tribe catches these diabolical whelps shortly after they begin to show signs of their taint, fearfully believing the changes in the young goblin to be the work of Abyssal or Hellish agents working against the goblins cheif diety, Maglubiyet. These unfortunates are then ritually sacrificed to Maglubiyet in a long and sadistically cruel ceremony. Every now and then, though, one of these whelps is able to escape with its life, and passes its foul genes on to future generations.

Most goblins with a barghessian bloodline never even know they carry the nefarious genes. Once in a great while, though, a goblin comes along who not only knows of the tainted blood running through his veins, but he embraces it. Through careful study and rigorous training he learns to wield his innate gift, and takes up the path of the barghessian.

BECOMING A BARGHESSIAN
    Individual barghessian backgrounds vary greatly. Their ranks include everything from former clerics and druids who saw their powers as a divine gift; to fighters, rangers, and rogues who have learned of their heritage and see power in its call; all the way around to arcane casters, especially sorcerers, who see their congenital gift as a way to compliment their magical abilities.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    To qualify to become a Barghessian, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Goblin
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Special: Potential Barghessians must know of their tainted origin. This can either be through long hours of meditation and a DC 20 Wisdom check, divination magic, tracing their bloodline and making a DC 20 Intelligence chaeck, or by being told by a true barghest.
    Special: Potential barghessians must consume the body of a humanoid creature they have killed. This victim must have at least 3 HD. This must be done within 48 hours of reaching the new level. After feeding off the corpse the potential barghessian falls into a state of suspended animation for 1d4+1 days. When he comes out of the trance his mouth has widened, he has grown sharp canine teeth, and he is now a barghessian.

Class Skills
    Barghessian’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Code:
    1  +1    +2     +0     +2    Feed, Bite 1d6
    2  +2    +3     +0     +3    Alternate Form (Wolf), Natural Armor +2, +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    3  +3    +3     +1     +3    Lesser Barghest Powers 1/Day, +2 Dex
    4  +4    +4     +1     +4    Scent 15 ft., Bite 1d8
    5  +5    +4     +1     +4    Natural Armor +4, DR 5/Magic
    6  +6    +5     +2     +5    Lesser Barghest Powers 3/Day, +2 Str, +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    7  +7    +5     +2     +5    Scent 30ft., Greater Barghest Powers
    8  +8    +6     +2     +6    Natural Armor +6, Alternate Form (Hybrid)
    9  +9    +6     +3     +6    Lesser Barghest Powers At Will, +2 Dex
    10 +10   +7     +3     +7    DR 10/Magic, Barghessian Prosopopoeia, +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Barghessian gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spell Casting: Barghessians with the ability use and cast spells continue to grow in power as they advance, albeit at a highly stunted rate. At levels 2, 6, and 10 the character gains spells per day as if he had also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class he belonged to before adding this prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means he adds those levels of barghessian to the level of some other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly.
    If a character had more than one spellcasting class before he becomes a barghessian, he must decide to which class he adds at each level of barghessian for purposes of spells per day and caster level.

Feed (Su): Starting at first level a barghessian gains the frightening and supernatural ability to 'feed' off of his victims. Whenever a barghessian, or one of his allies, slays a humanoid opponent the barghessian can feed from the corpse, consuming both the flesh and the life force of his prey. This is a full round action that does provoke an attack of opportunity. The barghessian only has a small window of time in which to feed before the corpse 'expires', rendering it useless except as plain meat. A corpse will remain viable for a number of rounds equal to the dead creatures HD + 1/2 the barghessian class level. For example a a level 6 barghessian would have a total of 8 rounds in which to consume the corpse of a 5 HD victim.
    Unlike true barghests, who would gain HD and power from the feeding, the barghessian gains a temporary +2 bonus to his strength and constitution after his initial feeding of the day. This bonus lasts for a number of hours equal to his constitution modifier. The constitution bonus gained from the feeding is added to this time limit. The increase in Constitution grants the barghessian an additional 2 hp per character level, but these hit points go away when his Constitution score drops back to normal (these extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are). A barghessian can consume and benefit from a number of corpses equal to his barghessian level each day. For every corpse after the first he gains an additional +1 bonus to strength and constitution, and retains these benefits for an additional hour for every 2 points of constitution gained in this manner, as well as addition bonus hp.

If the first victim of the day has 3 or more HD than the barghessian, than the initial bonus' are increased to +4. Additionally, any victims beyond the initial that have 3 or more HD than the barghessian provide a +2 bonus rather than the regular +1.

After feeding from even one corpse a barghessian must rest for at least 8 hours before he can use his initial feed ability again.

Feeding destroys the victims body and prevents any form of raising or resurrection that requires part of the corpse. A Wish, Miracle, or True Resurrection spell can restore a devoured victim back to life, but there is a base 50% chance (+3% for each barghessian level after the first) that even such powerful magic as this will fail.

Finally, in order for a character to gain a new level in this class he must consume a number of HD worth of humanoids equal to the barghessians total HD + 3 in a single 24-hour period. Additional victims beyond his normal daily limit do not grant any bonus', instead their physical and spiritual essence is burned off to energize the fiendish blood within their bodies, realigning and boding them closer to thier polluted heritage. These victims can be anything from multiple 1-HD humanoids, to a single individual with greater HD, or any combination between. If the barghessian fails to consume the required amount before the 24 hours have passed he must wait and rest for 1 day per barghessian level before trying again. Only victims that the barghessian kills himself count towards the total HD needed.

Bite: All barghessians have a natural bite attack in all forms. Initially this attack deals 1d6 piercing damage, with a x2 critical. A barghessians bite is treated as a light weapon for the purposes of feats and similar abilities.

At level 4 the damage increases to 1d8. At level 7 the threat range for the bites threat range increases to 19-20 and it is treated as lawful when overcoming damage reduction. At level 10 a barghessians bite is treated as Evil aligned as well when overcoming damage reduction.

Alternate Form - Wolf (Su): Starting at 2nd level a barghessian is able to assume the form of an unusually large wolf as a standard action. This is similar to using the Polymorph spell, except as noted. The character can only assume wolf or goblin form; Gear is not affected; HD and max HP do not change; his physical ability scores change to that of a wolf; the barghessian retains his Str and Con bonuses (if any) from feeding, as well as the ability to feed. The character gains the Shape Changer subtype.
    See entry for Wolf on pg283 of the Monster Manual. Also available in the SRD, here.

Natural Armor Bonus (Ex): As a barghessian digs further into his tainted blood he begins to resemble the beasts he call ancestors. His skin begins to thicken and become tougher. Starting at 2nd level the barghessian gains a permenant +2 to his base natural armor in all his forms. This bonus increases it +4 at 5th level, and finally maxes out with +6 at 8th level.

Lesser Barghest Powers (Sp): Beginning at 3rd level, a barghessian can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: Blink, Levitate, and Misdirection. At 6th level he can use these powers up to three times per day. Finally, at level 9, a barghessian has mastered the abilities granted by his tainted blood and can use Blink, Levitate, and Misdirection at will. Also at 9th level a barghessian gains the additional spell-like abilities: Crushing Despair and Dimension Door, usable once per day.
    The barghessians caster level for these is equal to his barghessian level + Cha modifier. The Save DCs for these spells is 10 + spell level + barghessians Cha modifier.

Ability Score Increases: At 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels the barghessian gains the bonus indicated. This is a permenant increase.

Scent (Ex): At 4th level a barghessian gains the Scent ability out to a range of 15 feet. This ability allows him to detect hidden enemies and track by sense of smell. The range of this ability increases to 30 feet at level 7.
    See pg314 of the Monster Manual. Also available in the SRD, here.

Damage Reduction: Starting at level 5 the barghessian has developed the powers inherent in his tainted blood enough to ignore some damage, much like his fiendish ancestor. He gains Damage Reduction 5/Magic, and in addition a barghessians bite is now also considered magic for purposes of overcoming damage reduction. Upon reaching 10th level the amount of damage reduced increases to 10/Magic.

Greater Barghest Powers (Sp): Starting at 7th level, the barghessian is able to tap into some of the more powerful abilities of a true barghest. He gains the following spell-like abilities usable once per day: Bulls Strength and Greater Invisibility.
    Caster level for the barghessians greater barghest powers is equal to his HD.

Alternate Form - Hybrid (Su): At 8th level the barghessians hard work and dedication pay off and he gains the supernatural ability to assume the form of a terrible goblin/wolf hybrid. This ability functions just like the Alternate Form - Wolf ability except:
    • Size changes to medium
    • Type remains humanoid.
    • Base speed increases by 20 feet.
    • +4 Str, +6 Dex, and +4 Con.
    • Gear remains unchanged.
    • Gain 2 claw attacks dealing 1d4 damage.
    • Can use the wolfs' Trip (Ex) ability. See entry for Wolf on pg283 of the Monster Manual. Also available in the SRD, here.

Barghessian Prosopopoeia (Su): At 10th level the barghessian unlocks the final transcendent secrets of his tainted heritage. The intermingling of his mortal blood with that of the fiendish barghest makes him stronger than either individually, he is now a true alpha predator. The barghessians type changes to Outsider and he gains the Native subtype.

In addition a barghessian who has reached his prosopopoeia is treated as if under the effect of a constant Pass Without Trace spell. This effect can be turned off or resumed at will. Turning it on or off is a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Caster level for this ability is equal to character level.

Finally a barghessian of this level gains a permenant +2 bonus to his Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

PLAYING A BARGHESSIAN
    You are the stuff of nightmares. Your a sentient humanoid who feeds on the body and souls of those who fall to your attacks. The only difference between companions and victims is that they are either hold a higher station or they serve a purpose. Either way, their situation can change at a moments notice.
    Combat: Get in close and tear them to shreds. Those are your only objectives in combat. At higher levels, when you get your S-L.As, keep enemies of balance and target the weakest first. Remember to always get the kill shot and feed.
    Advancement: Barghessian advancement is fairly straight forward. Depending on what classes you had prior to entering the barghessian PrC might affect your choices.
    Resources: Your only real resource is yourself. The leaders of your tribe would likely want you dead out of fear for your power. Barghessians serving in military roles will have whatever resources the military sees fit to provide.

BARGHESSIANS IN THE WORLD
    It was not a goblin. It was a demon in flesh! I was powerless to stop it when it killed my wife, and I will never forget the sounds of it feeding on her corpse...
    To many MANY people you are a spawn of the darkest hells. Frightening stories are told of your kind, around camp fires and in Inns and taverns across the land. You are the stuff of nightmares. The only people who don't fear you are either stupid, already dead, or much stronger than yourself.
    Daily Life: Hunting fresh victims, testing your strength against stronger foes in hopes of a good feeding, gaining more power, and staying one step ahead of those who would hunt you down and kill you. These are the things that make up your life.
    Notables: The greatest barghessain ever was a goblin named Rot-Tooth. He was cruel, deadly, and extremely powerful. Most bards tales about the barghessians are based off the exploits of this one goblin.
    Organizations: Barghessians do not fit into any organizations. Their thirst for power and hunger for flesh make them to dangerous to trust very much. The only exceptions to this rule are very powerful thieves guilds, armies with the ability to focus the barghessians blood lust, or adventuring parties whose members have proven themselves worthy of the barghessians respect (very hard to do, given the barghessians disdain for others abilities.

NPC Reaction
    NPCs fear and respect a barghessians powers. Most of the time they are also looking for a way to dispose of the creature as soon as possible. Barghessians are dangerous and not to be trusted, but when the need arises there are no better killers, and if you need to dispose of someone permanently a barghessian is an almost guaranteed route.

BARGHESSIANS IN THE GAME
    NPC barghessians are more dangerous than regular foes, due to their ability to negate most resurrection magics. Barghessians in the party are likely to become powerhouses if given a lot of humanoids to kill and feed off of. DMs need to keep a close eye on the number of chances they give barghessians to feed, but should always give them as least a few opportunities.
    Adaptation: This class will work well in just about any setting. As long as there is a decent goblin population and some way for the true barghest to come to the prime material plane than goblins with the right ancestry will appear.
    This class also works well in any horror type campaing setting, and by changing the flavor of the class a little bit it becomes a dangerous thieves guild composed of magically altered lycanthropes, a special tribe of unique goblins, or an experiment from the hells.
    Encounters: Encounters with NPC barghessians tend to get messy quickly, unless the players are obviously more powerful than the barghessian. If the characters are appear at all weaker than the barghessian will not hesitate to hunt them down and pick them off one by one.

Sample Encounter
    More often then not players will encounter a barghessian when he is about his business of feeding. Other times the barghessian will find the adventurers in order to test his strength or to feed off one or all of them.

Rot-Tooths Challenge
    EL 14: Your party of adventurers finally finds the edge of the great Donnahi Forest just as the sun begins to sink over the horizon. A short distance ahead you see a small farm, its barn painted a cheerful red and a small plume of smoke is rising from the distant chimney.

As you get closer you all see that things are not as they appear. The farm is eerily silent as you ride into the yard, not even the cluck of a chicken or the bleat of a goat. As you dismount, a young woman bursts from the house, her clothes in tatters, blood is pouring from a jagged wound across her face.

Behind the girl comes a disgusting looking goblin, with thick leathery skin, a greasy mop of hair, and an almost feral gleam in his eyes. As he grins up at you you see that most of his teeth are nothing more than rotted black stumps. His whiskery face twitches as if he is smelling the air.

"Ahhhhh," he sighs, "fresh meat. Strong souls. You make good meal. Rot-Tooth make you deal, you fight Rot-Tooth and you win you keep girl and Rot-Tooth give you this."

With an unnaturally fast flourish the horrible little goblin produces a wide thick leather belt studded in metal. "Is strong magic," he says solemnly, "make you strong as strongest giant. Rot-Tooth give to you if you win, one on one. Yes?" (Belt of Giant Strength +4; Rot-Tooth does not use the belt during the fight, and if a character wins in a 1v1 he is good to his word and hands the belt over, see below.)

(At this point the group should ask the obvious question of "what do you get if you win?")

"If Rot-Tooth win he get to eat girl... And he get to eat you..."

(If all characters attack Rot-Tooth than he will simply change into a wolf and run away. If someone goes 1v1 with him he is true to his word, though if he drops below 1/4 HP he uses a total defense action to run away. In either case, after he runs away he begins tailing and hunting the players, surprising them, trying to take them down one by one. He uses basic traps and hit and run tactics until he can get a kill.)

Rot-Tooth
    LE Male Goblin (Goblinoid, Shapechanger) Fighter 6/Barghessian 8
    Init: +9, Senses: Listen +0, Spot +0, Scent 30ft.
    Languages: Goblin, Common
    AC: 31 (10 +5 Studded Leather +2, +1 Shield, +5 Dex, +8 Natural, +2 Deflection) Touch: 17 Flat-Footed: 26
    HP 145 (HD 6d10+10, 8d8+16)
    Fort: +14, Ref: +10, Will: +9
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Base Attack: +14/+9/+4 Grapple: +11
    Melee: +18/+13/+8 Keen +1 Light Pick (1d3+3 19-20/x4) and +18/+13/+8 Kukri +1 (1d3+2 18-20/x2) OR +19 Bite (2d6+2 19-20/x2 Treated as Magic and Lawful)
    Ranged: +20/+15/+10 Shock +1 Shortbow (1d3+1+1d6 Electricity /x3)
    Attack Options: Feed, Trip
    Supernatural Abilities: Feed, Alternate Form (Wolf or Hybrid), Lesser Barghest Powers, Greater Barghest Powers
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    SQ: Damage Reduction 5/Magic
    Feats: Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse, Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defense, Dodge, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Skills: Climb +6, Hide +13, Move Silently +16
    Possessions +2 Studded Leather, Amulet Of Nat. Armor +2, RoP +2, Cloak of Resistance +1, Boots of Elvenkind, 2400gp

Lesser Barghest Powers (Sp): Usable 3/Day: Blink, Levitate, and Misdirection (Will DC13). CL: 9;

Greater Barghest Powers (Sp): Usable 1/Day: Mass Bulls Strength and Invisibility Sphere. CL: 14;

Alternate Form - Wolf (Su): This is similar to using the Polymorph spell, except as noted. Rot-Tooth can only assume wolf or goblin form; Gear is not affected; HD and max HP do not change; his physical ability scores change to that of a wolf; he retains his Str and Con bonuses (if any) from feeding, as well as the ability to feed.
    See entry for Wolf on pg283 of the Monster Manual. Also available in the SRD, here.

Alternate Form - Hybrid (Su): Activates and lasts just like Wolf form except apply the following changes when Rot-Tooth assumes hybrid form:
    • Size changes to medium
    • Type remains humanoid.
    • Base speed increases by 20 feet.
    • +4 Str, +6 Dex, and +4 Con.
    • Gear remains unchanged.
    • Gain 2 claw attacks dealing 1d4 damage. Claws are secondary natural with the following stats: 2 Claws +16 melee (1d4+5/x2 Lawful Magic)
    • Can use the Trip special attack (+4 check modifier).

EDITS:

As of 3/22/08
    • *Added: Whelps sacrifice flavor added to class description as suggested by sigurd;
      *Added: Gave the class a tiny bit of spellcasting progression if the character already has the ability to cast spells;
      *Edited: Made the Feed ability work on any corpse but only for a limited time. Clarified some of the mechanics as suggested by sonofzeal;
      *Edited: Made the bonus gained from Natural Armor a permenant increase to the base creatures own natural armor as suggested by dman11235;
      *Edited: Increased the power of the Hybrid Form ability a little bit;
      *Added: Gave them the ability to use the wolfs Trip special attack while in hybrid form.
    Last edited by DonThelonious; 2008-03-22 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Cleaning up the wording and adding in some suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Halfling in the Playground

I have quite a few other goblin classes I have built, as well as my Savage Paladin and Beast Rider PrCs.

What do you guys think of the Barghessian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Love it actually. Especially how to become one. Immerse thyself in evil and thy reward shall come.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!