New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Okay I have a couple of the new Final Mutations up.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Fiery Orifices is a feat that may be taken only in conjunction if you are a chaos orc PC. Flame breath is allowable only as a full attack by itself (say if you're immobile and you can't swing away in melee). 1d12 damage (with no allowable modifiers) seems reasonable, considering that it also allows for more chance (range of 1 - 12).

LA +1 seems fine.

Chaos Orc NPC's are hardly different from normal orcs, except they have more hp and can rage. CR 2 seems reasonable enough (for the orc listed), imo.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2008-08-13 at 05:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry I haven't posted more. Wor has made some changes, and they seem to be for the worse. Be a lil patient with me for a few more weeks while we straighten things out. I'll get the thread caught up soon.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I got all the final mutations up. If it looks good, I'll finally move on.
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

Greater Skills is still unpopulated as an ability. My suggestion for it is to maybe go the way of the Savvy Rogue feat with Take 12 or something like that
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Greater Skills is still unpopulated as an ability. My suggestion for it is to maybe go the way of the Savvy Rogue feat with Take 12 or something like that
    Edited and fixed. Now I just need to add the trained attack organs and finish up unless there's anything you guys would like to see done.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

I guess thats okay then. Bugbear up next:

BUGBEAR ENFORCER

”I’m not cheap, I’m not stupid, and I’m not just a token thug.”

Bugbears are often used as cheap muscle. When taught by practicioners of the Shadow Hand, however, they become something more than mere thugs. The fact that they learn the empty hand style means they aren’t at a disadvantage in cities that rarely allow members of their race to carry weapons.

BECOMING A BUGBEAR ENFORCER
    You have been recruited by some sort of organization (usually a Thief or Assassin’s Guild, or a Mercenary company) and sent out to be trained as an Enforcer.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Bugbear
    Class Abilities: Sneak Attack +2d6
    Maneuvers: Any 3 Shadow Hand Maneuvers
    Skills: Hide 8 Ranks
    Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple

Class Skills
    The Bugbear Enforcer’'s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local)(Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +0     +2     +2    Choke
    2. +2    +0     +3     +3    +1d6 Sneak Attack
    3. +3    +1     +3     +3    Stealth (+2)
    4. +4    +1     +4     +4    Improved Choke
    5. +5    +1     +4     +4    +2d6 Sneak Attack
    6. +6    +2     +5     +5    Stealth (+4)
    7. +7    +2     +5     +5    Neck Snap
    8. +8    +2     +6     +6    +3d6 Sneak Attack
    9. +9    +3     +6     +6    Stealth (+6)
    10.+10   +3     +7     +7    Silent Death
    Weapon Proficiencies: Bugbear Enforcers gain no new weapon proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each odd numbered level you gain a new Maneuver from the Shadow Hand discipline. You must meet the Maneuver's prerequisite's to take it. You add your full Bugbear Enforcer levels to your Initiator level to determine your total Initiator level and your highest level Maneuvers known.

At 3rd level, you gain an additional Maneuver readied per day.

Choke: When you successfully Grapple an opponent now, he cannot speak regardless of whether you have him Pinned or not. You may deal lethal damage equal to your Unarmed Strike damage without taking any penalties to grapple checks.

Sneak Attack (Ex): This is identical to the Rogue ability listed on page 50 of the PHB, and stacks with Sneak Attack gained from other levels in other classes.

Stealth (Ex): At 3rd level you get a +2 Competence Bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks. This increases to +4 at level 6, and +6 at level 9.

Improved Choke: If you can Pin an opponent successfully he begins to suffocate (see DMG page 304) with one difference. The DC of the FOrt Save is equal to 10 plus the damage done on your successful grapple check, and he begins making Saves the first round you do damage with the grapple, and each round it is maintained.

Neck Snap: When you successfully grapple an opponent and do damage, you now add your Sneak Attack damage.

Silent Death (Ex): If you successfully Grapple an opponent who is flat-footed he must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Strength Modifier) or die. If he succeeds in making the Saving Throw, he takes damage as normal.

PLAYING A BUGBEAR ENFORCER
    You are fairly reserved for a member of your species, always aware of the consequences of your actions and of those around you. Never commit, never admit, and never talk more than you have to. By not giving offense you don’t give others a reason to question you.
    Combat: You try not to show off your abilities. You want them to be a surprise. You prefer to attack from ambush with surprise (and several friends) on your side. Between teamwork and getting the drop on your opponent you hope to make combat as quick as possible.
    Advancement: Most Enforcers concentrate on concealment of their activities and stealth over raw power. There are ways of dealing with more physically intimidating opponents. Many also try to find some way of dealing with magical opponents as well.
    Resources: A Bugbear Enforcer can always ask his employers for equipment or help, or from friends he has made in the crime community (usually other Bugbear Enforcers).

BUGBEAR ENFORCERS IN THE WORLD
    ”You’ll see a Bugbear standing outside Old Dead Bob’s Tavern tonight. He’s the one you’ll want to talk to.”
    Bugbear Enforcers interact with the world in brief episodes of violence. They are spat on by their own kind as being dumb and easy manipulated, and the other humanoids hate them as well. That leaves them little in the way of friendship except each other. Help one, and he’s a friend for life. Cross one, and he’s an enemy for (what little is left of your) life.
    Daily Life: Bugbear Enforcers spend their days training for the next mission, executing a mission, or pretending to be honest citizens (or at least as close to honest as Bugbears get).
    Notables: Black Bear (NE Male Bugbear Rogue 3/Swordsage 3/Bugbear Enforcer 2) is the top killer for hire in his home town. His name is whispered in the streets, and no one is really sure of his true appearance. But he is known as being the person to contact if you need some problems solved.
    Organizations: Various organizations train Bugbear Enforcers as they are quite popular. Being goblinoids they can’t really find honest employment in most humanoid cities, and will be willing to do criminal work because of it. Once in, they rarely get out.

NPC Reaction
    NPC’s are pretty much terrified of Bugbear Enforcers, the same way they would be of any hitman or brute for hire.

BUGBEAR ENFORCERS IN THE GAME
    If you want Bugbears taken a little more seriously, making them hit men instead of cheap muscle is the way to go. As long as you make them competent hitmen.
    Adaptation: This class sort of implies that Bugbears can be more than token mooks. That shouldn’t offend people, but I do realize that some will find the idea a little odd.
    Encounters: PC’s will usually encounter a Bugbear Enforcer once one has been assigned to “take care of them”.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL 12: The PC’s have been hired to find who has murdered and partially eaten a local Noble’s daughter. After many false leads, and all clues exhausted they are told to contact a mysterious Bugbear known only as “The Black Bear”. He knows everything about the town, and if someone has murdered in his city, he’s sure to know who and why. Of course there’s the problem of arranging the meeting without him getting suspicious they’re actually after him.”

Black Bear
    NE Male Bugbear Rogue 3/Swordsage 3/Bugbear Enforcer 2
    Init +3 (Quick to Act), Senses: Listen +5, Spot +5, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 23, touch 14, flat-footed 23 (+2 Dex, +2 Wis, +3 Natural, +6 Armor)
    hp 43 hp (11 HD)
    Fort +6, Ref +13, Will +9
    Evasion
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee Unarmed Strike +12/+7 (1d8+5)
    Melee +1 Short Sword +13/+6 (1d6+6)
    Base Atk +7, Grp +12
    Atk Options +3d6 Sneak Attack, Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus: Shadow Hand), Choke, Improved Choke
    Combat Gear
    Maneuvers Known 1st: Charging Minotaur, Clinging Shadow Strike, Counter Charge, Mighty Throw, Shadow Blade Technique, Stone Bones, Sudden Leap
    2nd: Cloak of Deception, Drain Vitality
    Initiator Level: 5
    Stances Known 1st: Child of Shadow, Island of Blades
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 6
    SQ Trapfinding, Trap Sense +1, Stealth
    Feats Extra Readied Maneuver, Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, Superior Unarmed Strike
    Skills Balance +8, Concentration +9, Disable Device +6, Hide +15, Jump +11, Knowledge (Local) +6, Listen +5, Martial Lore +6, Move Silently +14, Open Lock +8, Sense Motive +8, Spot +5
    Possessions Sword of Subtlety, +6 Bracers of Armor, Ring of Invisibility, Masterwork Thieve's Tools, Powder of the Black Veil, Necklace of Warning, Belt of One Mighty Blow, Bag of Holding Type I, 840 GP

EPIC BUGBEAR ENFORCER

Hit Die: d8
    maneuvers The Epic Bugbear Enforcer's Initiator Level is equal to his Character Level, but he doesn't gain additional maneuvers/Stances past 20th level.
    Stealth The Epic Bugbear Enforcer's Competence Bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks increases an additional +2 at level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Sneak Attack The Epic Lab Experiment gains an additional die of Sneak Attack at level 21, and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Bugbear Enforcer gains a Bonus Feat every 4 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-26 at 07:53 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Almost have the Bugbear Enforcer done, I just need to figure out a capstone ability.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #309
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

i LOVE playing the 'less popular' races and this has given me so many cool new ideas - baby collecting druids, bionic hobgobs, mental orcs! if you start getting hate mail - don't worry it's probably from my rp buddies - after a dozen years or so i think they were hoping i was gonna start running out of ideas and/or excuses for a goblin to be hanging out with paladins and clerics,etc. but no more!
    i'm utterly unreliable with work e-mails let alone posting but keep it coming and rest assured you have a fan out here in the unpronouncable east!
    i have a 47 char lev/ div lev 4 char in a game that's run since '02 and now gets played once a year ( otherwise the DM has seizures!) who is an orc general - that should give me a chance to test them out as followers - orc warlord, epic leadership, might makes right and legendary commander is a great progression tree btw, so orc sergeants and the like are a cool idea.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

We also have several threads over o nthe Wizards board (I'll have to go fetch links). They have more PrC's there, only a couple of us stuck with it and posted here as well.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #311
    Bugbear in the Playground

Although you never know when that will shift. I like the Enforcer, bhu. The idea of a sneak attacking bugbear makes me grin.
    LGBTitP

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Okay what do you think of the 3 choking maneuvers?? If you like them as is I'll think of a capstone.
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Im thinking of making the capstone a save or die type effect once or twice per day. Sound good to everyone?

Oh and the Trained Attack Organ is almost done
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-08-23 at 05:28 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

all my d&d books are back in rainy ol' england and i'm not a big download book looter so i'm not sure if it's practical but i fancy putting a couple of orc/gob/similar prc's together if i can. due to the lack of references please feel free to go 'baghtru' on them if i ever get them posted.
    some ideas i have:
    1 - the green politician - surely if every time orcs/gobs come into contact with pinks there's a war then one side would be dead by now, and the pinks don't negotiate with terrorists! cue the gren lobbyist who uses high charisma and good skills to rein in his own side's radicals whilst pacifying the opposition ... might even be enough to make you play a bard! (but probably not though - some thigs are just wrong.)
    2 - captain of ilneval - one for the fighter/clerics or fighter/ marshalls, maybe an alternative to orc warlord that allows for more considered tactics and better troop discipline - the uruk hai without turning to hobgobs.
    3 - maybe bindun but - hobgoblin legionnaire/centurion - lots of group and ally feats and abilities that stack/build up with others of the same prc - this style of class generally gets on my t1ts as a player (... what's the point of an ability that relies on everyone being the same when everyone is playing a different character) but i've found them really fun to use as a gm.

thoughts jadies and lentilmen?

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

I like the ideas so far. There's a Goblin deity I think that would do well as a patron for the green politician, the name just escapes me right now.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Oh btw, I have been a tad distracted lately, so iff anyone posts something and it doesn't appear in the table of contents o nthe first page "nudge" me.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Hi guys, I've just started reading this thread and oh boy there's a lot here. There's a lot of good stuff here, but I think you all could benefit from this chart.

How to post 10th level Prestige Class in HTML

NAME OF CLASS
    {table=head]Level|BAB |Fort |Ref |Will |Special

1st|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

2nd|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

3rd|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

4th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

5th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

6th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

7th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

8th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

9th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability

10th|
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |
    +x
    |Class Ability[/table]

You can find this in the Guide to Homebrewing or you can quote and copy this. It makes things a lot easier. Just replace the Xs with the numbers and take out Class Ability and put in the appropriate information. There are more charts in the Guide to Homebrewing (for 5 level prestige classes, for spells, feats and prestige classes with spellcasting abilities).

Rappy, sometimes you use some very odd Saves. Is that intentional? I'm not sure how balanced some of them are.

So far, my favorite weird thing is the lab experiment. Bhu, were you channelling Young Frankenstein when you wrote that?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2008-08-26 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Fixed things.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

hi guys,

that prc table just posted keeps going berserk in my incompetent hands. where did you find the layout you use for the prcs here? also for the green party prc what do you think - add. lvls of existing spellcasting or bladesinger-esque dedicated mini spell list? one kinda limits it to bards and sorcerers and possibly a few clerics, the other makes it accessible to most anyone. i'm planning five levels so maybe option 2 could be more fun?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

I adapted a template for classes someone else did for the PrC format. If you hit reply just copy/paste the following into Word or something:

PRESTIGE CLASS NAME

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

Quote of Some Kind by a member of the class!

A general description of whatever the class is!

BECOMING A CLASS NAME
    How you would normally become a member of this prestige class.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

Class Skills
    The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
    Skills Points at Each Level : x + int

Hit Dice: dx

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7
    Weapon Proficiencies: A place to put the different proficiencies.
    Put all the different class abilities in here!

PLAYING A CLASS NAME
    Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
    Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
    Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
    Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

CLASS NAME IN THE WORLD
    A quote of somebody else talking about your class!
    A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

CLASS NAME IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-08-27 at 05:48 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ourmaninsaigon View Post
    hi guys,

that prc table just posted keeps going berserk in my incompetent hands. where did you find the layout you use for the prcs here? also for the green party prc what do you think - add. lvls of existing spellcasting or bladesinger-esque dedicated mini spell list? one kinda limits it to bards and sorcerers and possibly a few clerics, the other makes it accessible to most anyone. i'm planning five levels so maybe option 2 could be more fun?
    The table (and others) can be found in the guide to homebrewing (not the FAQ my mistake). It's a stickied thread at the top of the Homebrew Design front page. I'll edit my earlier post so it makes sense.

The table does take some getting used to so take some time and play with it. You can always go back and edit it later.

Debby

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all, I'm back.

I didn't get round to doing anything with the Mad Dok whilst I was away because I was busy with a World of Darkness project too. That and I wasn't able to take any D&D books with me for reference. Sorry.

Anyway, now that I'm back I shoul dbe able to get back to it.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet! It's nice to see you back!

On a side note, I added the capstone ability to the Bugbear. Lemme know what you think.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

FInished up the Bugbear. Almost have the Trained Attack Organ done. Anyone want any particular organs other than what I have listed?
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Guess that was a no. Trained Attack Organs are up. And now for my next magical trick:

DAI-BAKEMONO

”RAAAAARGH!!”

Occasionally a Shogun trains a Dekanter or Bakemono slave in the Sublime Way. It is difficult given the limitations of the Bakemono, but when they have been trained in fighting unarmed they provide their master with endless amusement in the arena, and an excellent assassin.

BECOMING A DAI-BAKEMONO
    You were a toy of your master, and now have been trained to be a pawn. Slavers fetch the most promising of your kind to be trained to fight in the arena. And your masters promise you freedom if you do well. Freedom and the chance to kill whoever they point out as a target.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Bakemono or Dekanter
    BAB: +6
    Maneuvers: 3 Stone Mountain and 3 Tiger Claw Maneuvers, 2 of which must be Bone Crusher and Flesh Ripper
    Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike
    Skills: Balance 4 Ranks, Jump 4 Ranks

Class Skills
    The Dai-Bakemono's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Martial Lore (Int), and Swim (Str).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4+ int

Hit Dice: d12

Code:
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    Tigers Bite +2
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    Dragonskin +2
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    Stone Power +2
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    Tigers Bite +4
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    Dragonskin +4
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    Stone Power +4
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    Tigers Bite +6
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    Dragonskin +6
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    Stone Power +6
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    Tiger Dragon
    Weapon Proficiencies: Dai-Bakemono gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Tigers Bite (Ex): At 1st level you gain a +2 Bonus to damage when successfully using a Tiger Claw maneuver. This increases to +4 at level 4, and +6 at level 7.

Dragonskin (Ex): At 2nd level your Natural Armor Class Bonus increases by +2. This increases to +4 at level 5, and +6 at level 8.

Stone Power (Ex): At 3rd level the Save DC's of Stone Dragon Maneuvers you use increase by +2. This increases to +4 at level 6, and +6 at level 9.

Tiger Dragon (x): At 10th level the Dai-Bakemono may choose 1 Stone Dragon or Tiger Claw Maneuver he knows of 5th level or lower at the beginning of each day. For the next 24 hours that Maneuver is always considered Readied.

Maneuvers: At each odd numbered level, you gain a new Maneuver from either the Tiger Claw or Stone Dragon Discipline (you must meet a Maneuver's prerequisites to take it). You add your full Dai-Bakemono level to your Initiator Level to determine your total Initiator level and your highest level Maneuvers known. At 3rd level you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

PLAYING A DAI-BAKEMONO
    Bakemono are just above being beasts, and Dekanter are considered little better despite obviously being more intelligent and capable. Others will always think your little more than a sub intelligent brute. Use that to manipulate them. When someone thinks you’re a fool, he doesn’t bother to watch what he says and does in front of you.
    Combat: You definitely are a brute in combat. You were built for it, and trained by the best (you had to be trained by the best, they’re the only ones with enough patience to put up with you). Generally you close into melee and begin to rip and tear. Few other options are open to you.
    Advancement: Advancement in any path other than being a pit fighter or killer is not open to you until you win freedom from your master. After that it’s up to you.
    Resources: Dai-Bakemono have little in the way of resources. They are usually considered a pet monster or some Lord’s personal killer. They’ll last as long as he does, and be killed or tossed aside when he dies.

DAI-BAKEMONO’S IN THE WORLD
    ”They’re little better than dogs. Look at them laying there in the pits. Bastards.”
    You’re a caged slave. A monster owned by someone to entertain him and his staff of ghoulish sycophants. You fight in the pits or the arena to amuse them, and sniff out their enemies at night when ordered to hunt one down and kill him.
    Daily Life: You are kept in a cell when you aren’t training or fighting. Sometimes you will be let out to play by killing one of your masters rivals. Maybe someone who takes pity on you will release you one day, but killing is all you know. It’s your only skill, your only purpose. Giving it up would be like asking someone to give up breathing. In the end you’ll likely be put down one way or the other, you just hope you can take them with you.
    Notables: Mog (CE Male Bakemono Warblade 6/Dai-Bakemono 5) is the prized beast of Feng Cong, a local magistrate. And he has gone missing, prompting a vast search for him. He’s been busy…and somehow he's acquired some new toys...
    Organizations: Usually you are trained by the staff of some noble or wealthy elite, but there are training stables for gladiators and beasts (and you’re usually thought of as a beast).

NPC Reaction
    Most NPC’s will see you as little more than a rabid dog. And you’ll have done little to prove them wrong. But you also haven’t been given a choice either…

DAI-BAKEMONO’S IN THE GAME
    The Dai-Bakemono assume your running a fairly brutal campaign world. It's meant for a dark, gritty campaign, and may make some people uncomfortable.
    Adaptation: This is kind of a depressing class. It’s assumed anyone taking it is a slave, and willing to murder to survive. Because that’s what you’ll be doing. Your master will expect results, or you’ll be put down.
    Encounters: PC’s may face a Dai-Bakemono if they are captured and put in the fights to see how long they last. If they can gain the Bakemono’s respect (and survive the process) they may even gain a friend. Assuming he hasn’t torn them limb from limb, or been killed by his Lord for failing to kill them.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC’s have been asked to help track down Mog. He’s been eating villagers. Upon cornering him they hear his story. He is a monster, but he was forced to be one. He’s been killing people because he needed food, and humans were what his master always fed him. If they return him, his master will still be feeding him peasants. Or they can find a way to cure him of his madness and reinstate him into society someway.

Mog
    CE Male Bakemono Warblade 6/Dai-Bakemono 5
    Init +5, Senses: Listen +1, Spot +1
    Languages Common
    AC 28, touch 12, flat-footed 27 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +10 Natural, +6 Armor)
    hp 104 (11 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +6, Will +6
    Uncanny Dodge
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee 1 Bite +20 (1d8+8) and 2 Claws +15 (1d6+5)
    Melee Unarmed Strike +20/+15/+10 (1d8+8)
    Base Atk +11, Grp +13
    Atk Options Tigers Bite +4
    Combat Gear
    Maneuvers Known:1st: Charging Minotaur, Stone Bones
    2nd: Mountain Hammer, Rabid Wolf Strike
    3rd: Bonecrusher, Flesh Ripper, Soaring Raptor Strike
    4th: Overwhelming Mountain Strike
    5th: Pouncing Charge
    6th: Irresistible Mountain Strike
    Stances Known: 1st: Blood in the Water, Stonefoot Stance
    Initiator level 11, Maneuvers Readied 5
    Abilities Str 22, Dex 13, Con 16, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 4
    SQ Battle Clarity (+0), Weapon Aptitude, Battle Ardor (+0), Dragonskin (+4)
    Feats Improved Unarmed Strike, Martial Study (Soaring Raptor Strike), Sudden Recovery, Superior Unarmed Strike, Improved Initiative (B)
    Skills Balance +6, Intimidate +1, Jump +11
    Possessions +2 Amulet of Mighty Fists, Ring of Invisibility, +6 Bracers of Armor, +2 Cloak of Resistance, Ioun Stone (clear spindle)

EPIC DAI-BAKEMONO

Hit Die: d8
    Tiger's Bite The Epic Dai-Bakemono's Damage Bonus with Tiger Claw Maneuvers increases by +2 at level 21, and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Dragonskin The Epic Dai-Bakemono's Natural AC Bonus increases by +2 at level 22, and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Stone Power The Save DC's of the Epic Dai-Bakemono's Stone Dragon Maneuvers increases by +2 at level 23, and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Dai-Bakemono gains a Bonus Feat every 5 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-01-30 at 05:19 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #325
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    ORC PIRATE

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"We don't take prisoners."

Some Orcs learn to adopt the pirate lifestyle...

BECOMING AN ORC PIRATE
    Usually you're just a typical orcish tribe member (i.e. Barbarian) forced into a nautical setting.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Orcish
    Class Abilities: Rage (specifically the Whirling Frenzy Rage variant listed on page 65 of the Unearthed Arcana)
    Feats: Daylight Adaptation
    Skills: Climb 4 Ranks, Jump 4 Ranks, Survival 4 Ranks, Swim 4 Ranks
    Base Attack Bonus: +6

Class Skills
    The Orc Pirate's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Geography, Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    Reaver
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    Able Seaman
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    Bad Reputation +2
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    Reaver
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    Able Seaman
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    Bad Reputation +4
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    Able Seaman
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    Reaver
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    Bad Reputation +6
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    Pirate Lord
    Weapon Proficiencies: Orc Pirates gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Reaver (Ex): Your Orc Pirate and barbarian levels stack for purposes of determining the number of times per day you may use your Rage.

At 4th level you gain the variant Greater Rage Ability.

At 8th level you have reached the peak of frightful reputations. When you go into Rage any living opponent within 30' of you must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Charisma modifier) or be Panicked for 2d4 rounds if they have Hit Dice equal to or less than your own, or Shaken for 2d4 rounds if they have more Hit Dice.

Able Seaman (Ex): At 2nd, 5th, and 7th level the Orc Pirate can choose one skill he has at least 4 ranks in. From now on he may Take 10 as a Free Action when making a skill check with that skill. This can only be done in Light or no Armor, and with a Light or Medium load.

Bad Reputation (Ex): Due to the Orc Pirate's incredibly bad reputation as a murderer and despoiler it gets a bonus to Intimidate checks. At 3rd level its +2, at 6th level it's +4, and at 9th level its +6.

Pirate Lord (Su): At 10th level you gain the variant Mighty Rage ability.

PLAYING AN ORC PIRATE
    Orcs that live near the sea often don't have the same options as their luckier inland brethren, as most of the available land is solid rock. Therefore to survive they must turn to a life of piracy to feed themselves.
    Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
    Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
    Resources: Most Orc Pirates only have themselves as a resource. And their fellow shipmates (if said shipmates don't have any other choice).

ORC PIRATES IN THE WORLD
    "The Orcs haunt these waters midshipman. Adjust course to the south."
    Orc Pirates are even more brutal than most members of their profession. Death or injury is common for them, and they leave no survivors, and take no prisoners (except maybe as food). It's death for them if they're caught, and they know it.
    Daily Life: The daily life of an Orc Pirate is hard work maintaining the ship, repairing damage from raids, hunting for food, and preparing for the next fight.
    Notables: Kark (CE Male Orc Barbarian 6/Orc Pirate 6) Kark has made a name for himself, even among the Orc pirates. He is as hard and merciless as any pirate to ever walk the decks of a ship, and anyone encountering him can at best hope for a quick death. It'll be preferable to what usually happens..
    Organizations: Orc Pirates are never organized, and see each other as rivals for the most part. They only cooperate for mutual survival.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's generally crap themselves at the sight of Orc Pirates. They're reputation is worse than even the most disturbed of human pirates. If you're caught by them you are dead one way or the other. At best it's a quick death, at worst you become provisions.

ORC PIRATES IN THE GAME
    Being that Orc Pirates are almost universally despised (even by other Orcs!), playing one as a PC will be difficult at best. Best to hide who you really are.
    Adaptation: Orc Pirates are great for nautical settings, but elsewhere...meh..
    Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Orc Pirates when the ship they're on is attacked.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: Kark has recently acquired the Captain's position on his ship. And unlike the former captain he intends to raid inland instead of out to sea...

Kark
    CE Male Orc Barbarian 6/Orc Pirate 6
    Init +3, Senses: Listen +3, Spot +3, Dark Vision 60 ft.
    Languages Orc, Common
    AC 22, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+3 Dex, +9 Armor) Dodge, Mobility, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge
    AC during Rage 25, touch 16, flat-footed 21 (+3 Dex, +3 Dodge, +9 Armor)
    +2 to Flat-Footed AC
    hp 96 (12 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +13 (+16 Rage), Will +3
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Melee +1 Great Axe +16/+11/+6 (1d12+4)
    Melee when Raging +1 Great Axe +17/+17/+12/+7 (1d12+7)
    Base Atk +12, Grp +15
    Atk Options Greater Rage 4/day, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage
    Combat Gear
    Abilities Str 17 (23 Rage), Dex 16, Con 14, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 12
    SQ Fast Movement, Illiteracy, Trap Sense +2, Bad Reputation +4
    Feats Daylight Adaptation, Instantaneous Rage, Intimidating Rage, Dodge, Mobility
    Skills Balance +7, Climb +7 (+10 Rage), Intimidate +7, Jump +7 (+10 Rage), Listen +3, Spot +3, Survival +3, Swim +7 (+10 Rage)
    Possessions +5 Deepdweller Speed Chain Shirt, Axe of the Sea Reavers, Devastation Gauntlets, Mask of Blood, Necklace of Warning, Ring of Water Breathing, Bag of Holding IV, 10 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 6 Potions of Protection from Arrows 2030 gp
    Could be useful for a warcraft 2 setting. I recall an orc pirate on the cover.

Also all the naval combat in that setting, etc.

Alternatively humans might become pirates out of greed or poverty.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2008-08-31 at 03:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

I still think I need to tweak the Pirate.
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone objecting to my removing Dekanter and making the PrC Bakemono only? It'll make design easier.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to see more Dekanter support, if not this prestige class than elsewhere. They're one of my favorite goblin subraces and getting more stuff for them would be sublime. So, I'd like to see them stay in the class, if possible.
    Also, what book are the Bakemono from?
    Last edited by Cieyrin; 2008-09-02 at 04:24 PM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Oriental Adventures, if I'm not mistaken.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Bakemono are from OA. The have massive Int penalties, while the Dekanter don't. Hence why i was thinking of making this PrC for htem. The Dekanter will get support nevah fear.
    Orcs and Goblins