New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

What's up?! I am back now that my extremely busy schedule is over! I can't wait to read all the new stuff and get back to work. I already have my next idea.

I have an idea for a kinda free-runner type Hobgoblin that gains extreme mobility and a rage-type ability. Maybe even a ranged focus or light weapons... or both?

Whatcha think or if you have a different idea just shout it out!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Nice to have you back. Idea sounds good to me so far.
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

For Deadly Feint using up a readied maneuver, that dovetails right into my thoughts; i forgot that they had other prestige classes do that in the Tome of Battlem so that works well.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

4. - Top - End - #424

Hobgoblin Paragon

The Hobgoblin Paragon is a hobgoblin that takes the values of Hobgoblins a step further and represents them to the fullest. Hobgoblin Paragons are elite foot soldiers, commandos if you will. They have a varity of skills and talents along with amzing physical abilities.

Class Skills
    Hobgoblin Paragon's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Profession (Wis), Swim (Str)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + Int Mod

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will    Abilities
    1. +1    +2    +0/2    +0/2    Special Training, Commando Skills
    2. +2    +3    +0/3    +0/3    Commando Fighting
    3. +3    +3    +1/3    +1/3    Ability Increase (+2 Con or Dex)
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Hobgoblin Paragon gains proficiency in all Simple and Martial weapons, Light and Medium Armor, and with shields (except Tower Shields).

Special Training (Ex): A Hobgoblin Paragon gets special training to complement their tough bodies. A Hobgoblin Paragon chooses either Reflex or Will as their 2nd good save, the other becomes a poor save. This can not be changed once chosen and only lasts for the Paragon levels.

Commando Skills (Ex): A Hobgoblin Paragon is an elite soldier, a commando. They undergo more rigorous training to give them a varity of skills. A Hobgoblin Paragon gains any 2 of the following (none twice): +2 Climb, +2 Jump, +2 Swim, +2 Intimidate, +2 Hide, +2 Move Silently, +2 Heal, +2 Spot, +2 Listen, +2 Ride. These count as Insight bonuses for stacking.

Commando Fighting (Ex): A Hobgoblin Paragon gains futher commando training in the art of intense melee (or ranged) combat. A Hobgoblin Paragon gains a Fighter Bonus Feat for which he meets the prereqs. A Hobgoblin Paragon's levels count as Fighter levels for meeting prereqs.

Ability Increase (Ex): A Hobgoblin Paragon's Constitution or Dexterity score increases by 2 points.

PLAYING A HOBGOBLIN PARAGON
    Brief description on how to play the class you are designing.
    Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
    Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
    Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

HOBGOBLIN PARAGONS IN THE WORLD
    A quote of somebody else talking about your class!
    A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

HOBGOBLIN PARAGONS IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Name
    alignment/Gender/Race/Levels
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +, Spot +,
    Languages
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC , touch , flat-footed ()
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str , Dex , Con , Int , Wis , Cha
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-11-21 at 06:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #425

I didn't see any Hobgoblin Paragon while browsing through Unearthed Arcana and decided I needed to quickly make it. So what's everyone think? I find the Hobgoblins to be soldiers and the Paragon of one would just be a better fighter which is what I tried to do.

Anyway, I've got some ideas for the Free Runner Hobgob and I'm wondering wether to make it a 5/7/10 level PrC. That and I found a PrC I had sketched out a while ago and I'm going to finish it really quick and post it. The Point Blank Sniper!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

I edited the level 9 and 10 abilities of gray sn a bit.

RE: Hobgoblin Paragon

Does the enhanced Save only last for the Paragon levels? And what kind of bonus do the skills get? Is it competence?
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #427

I made the minor edits to the Paragon. The skill bonuses are Insight because I want them to be permanent and stack with other items the N/PC might find.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Halfling in the Playground

Hmmm. I think it may be time to make a reappearance. Hello all, and how do you do's all around. WoTC really ground my gears so I think I might make the move over to here permenant. Should be fun to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

9. - Top - End - #429

Goblin Cook

“The blood basted roast dwarf is good, a little tough though. The fried elf kidneys are my personal favorite though.”
    ---Keeto Gutpunch, Goblin Cook

The more martial races have a saying: "An army marches on its stomach" and this is true. Goblins are a different story all together though. "If I can kill it, I can eat it" is a well known goblin saying; but where others might say it, the lean and mean goblins live by it. From the fish and animals of the world to the mightiest of dragons and outsiders, if it can be killed and it has meat than you can be sure that a goblin would not hesitate to throw it into the cook pot.

Every tribe has one member who acts as their cook, whether its the one closest to the fire or the one with a spoon. Over time these humble goblins discover the power they have in their hands, the power to choose who eats and who starves. Most times these individuals jump on the chance to abuse this power and are quickly taken out by rivals, often times ending up in the very same pot they thought to rule from. Every once in awhile though a goblin comes along who does more than just throw stuff into the pot. These rare individuals dedicate themselves not just to making slop to fill the tribes belly's, they pursue food as an art and believe dinner to be something holy and sacred. From these ranks a very select few are chosen by the gods of goblin-kind to become culinary warriors, bringers of full tummy burps and well fed farts. These holy chefs are the legendary Goblin Cooks! Purveyors of fine food, seekers of exotic eats, soup slurping healers, defenders of dinner, and leaders by virtue of the stew.

BECOMING A GOBLIN COOK
    Most potential cooks come from the ranks of ranger hunters, though in all fairness any goblin can dedicate themselves to creating the perfect dish. Occasionally fighters, barbarians, rogues, and bards hear the cry of empty bellies and chose to take up this class not only to silence the beggers but to also supplement their combat abilities with some of the cooks unique abilities. Clerics, druids, sorcerers, and wizards rarely take up the spoon and apron.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    To qualify to become a Goblin Cook, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Goblin
    Skills: Craft (Cooking) 8 Ranks, Knowledge (Nature)5 Ranks, Profession (Cook) 4 Ranks
    Feats: Skill Focus: Craft (Cooking)
    Weapon Proficiency: Club
    Spells: Character must able to cast Cure Light Wounds.
    Special: Any goblin can throw some stuff in a pot and call it food, but it takes some degree of dedication to become a true goblin cook. To prove ones culinary worth the cook must organize and lead a successful hunt for one of the following creature types: aberration, dragon, fey, magical beast, or non-native outsider; with a CR equal to or higher than the potential cooks character level. The potential cook must than prepare and serve the creature in a ceremonial meal (Craft (cooking) DC 25; cannot take 10 or 20).

Class Skills
    Goblin Cook's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Profession, Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + Int Mod

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +2     +2     +0    Trusty Cooks Spoon, Cast Iron Stomach
    2. +1    +3     +3     +0    “Save The Stew!” 1/Day, Mithral Chef
    3. +2    +3     +3     +1    Main Course
    4. +3    +4     +4     +1    Mystery Meat
    5. +3    +4     +4     +1    “Save The Stew!” 2/Day
    6. +4    +5     +5     +2    Iron Chef
    7. +5    +5     +5     +2    Side Dish
    8. +6    +6     +6     +2    “Save The Stew!” 3/Day
    9. +6    +6     +6     +3    Secret Sauce
    10.+7    +7     +7     +3    Adamantine Chef

Weapon Proficiencies: Goblin Cooks treat the cooks cleaver (an exotic weapon detailed below) as a martial weapon and do not suffer the usual break chance associated with wielding one. They gain no other weapon or armor proficiencies.

Trusty Cooks Spoon: Whether its a tree branch roughly shaped like a spoon or a gem encrusted gilded ladle, every cook has his trusty spoon. Starting at first level the goblin cook may select any long handled spoon-like clubbing object to be his cooks spoon. The cook gains the Item Familiar feat (pg. 170, Unearthed Arcana) with the selected object with the following exceptions: The spoon does not have to be valued at 2000gp and it does not have to be magical, but it does have to be of at least masterwork quality and it cannot already be a weapon. The object also becomes a melee weapon (treat as club). In addition to any other abilities or enchantment the spoon may come to possess, once per day per goblin cook level the spoon can produce enough wood for a fire and Leftovers which have the same effect as a Create Food And Water spell (caster level equal to goblin cook level). Once chosen the spoon may only be changed in the event of the first spoons complete destruction. If that happens the cook may choose another spoon and use either a Limited Wish, Wish, or Miracle spell to transfer the trust into it from the first spoon.

Cast Iron Stomach (Ex): In your quest for culinary perfection you are willing to try everything. In the world of cooking there are many ingredients, and what does not kill you makes you stronger. You gain a bonus to all Fortitude saves against ingested poisons and all non-magical diseases equal to your goblin cook level.

Save the Stew! (Su): Battlecry grants goblin cook and all allies within 10ft of his stew a +1 bonus on all attack rolls and a +1 bonus to armor class for every 2 class levels the rallying cook has. This effect lasts a number of rounds equal to the goblin cooks constitution modifier + 3.

Main Course (Ex): Some goblins fight out of fear, others out of greed. You fight for the highest purpose of all: dinner. At the beginning of each week, starting at level 2, you may declare one creature type as your main course for dinners that week. This creature type is selected from the rangers favored enemy list (excluding constructs and undead). When battling creatures of the chosen type you gain a bonus to all damage rolls equal to your constitution modifier, but you must cook and consume at least one meal from your chosen creature type each day.

If you have the Favored Enemy ranger ability and choose one of your favored enemies as your main course the bonuses to damage stack

Mystery Meat: A good cook can use anything to make a meal. And a good goblin will make a meal out of anything. Goblin cooks live (and occasionally die) by those words and your no exception. Starting at 4th level you may use any meat from any source with a reduced chance of poison or disease. The save DC for any toxins in the meat are reduced by 10 + 1/2 Goblin Cook level + Con Modifier. In addition those who succeed on their save regain 2d4 hit points per point of remaining DC.

Side Dish (Ex.): At level 7 you may declare an additional creature type from the Main Course list as a side dish each week. When battling a side dish creature you gain a bonus to all damage rolls equal to ˝ your constitution modifier. Otherwise this ability is identical to Main Course. This ability does not stack with your main course, but does stack with your Favored Enemy ability if you have one.

Mithral Chef (Ex): Sometimes the only way to really get the stew meat is to get in there and get it yourself. At level 2, goblin cooks may choose to follow the Way of The Flung Cutlery for ranged combat or the Path of The Perfect Cut to get close and personal. Those that choose to focus on ranged combat are treated as having the Rapid Shot feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. Those that choose to stick with melee are treated as having Two-Weapon Fighting even if they do not meet the prerequisites.

This ability functions exactly as the ranger class ability Combat Style. Those that have the Combat Style ability already, you instead gain the benefits of the Iron Chef ability, see below.

Iron Chef (Ex): Your skills and abilities have brought you far in your quest for culinary dominance. To further maintain your place in the food chain you have honed your ability to fight potential prey with more aptitude. Followers of the Way of Flung Cutlery are treated as having the Shot On The Run feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. Followers of the Path of The Perfect Cut are treated as having the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat, even they do not meet the prerequisites.

Secret Sauce (??Su??): Every chef has a signature sauce, and whatever goes into that sauce is a closely guarded secret. Many cooks go to their graves without revealing the secret, rather dieing than allowing another to possess the knowledge. Whenever you use your Mystery Meat ability to prepare a meal you may choose to add your secret sauce to the mix. Diners who partake of the meal gain a +2 circumstance bonus to their initial save. On a failed save the consumer still gains 2d4hp and also has a +4 bonus to their secondary save from any poison. Those who pass their save gain 2d6 HP and also gain the benefits of a Bless spell for 1 hour (CL = Goblin Cook level).

Adamantine Chef (Ex)/(Su): At 10th level you master the arts of cooking and the science of combat. Followers of flung cutlery are now treated as having the Improved Precise Shot feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites. Those seeking the perfect cut are treated as having the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat, even if they do not meet the prerequisites for it.

In addition, you reach the peak of culinary mastery. Once per day, a meal you prepare has the same effects as the Heroes Feast spell (Caster Level = Character Level).

Finally your talent for mystery meat matures into the Mystery Meat In The Can ability. Once per month when preparing a meal, you may choose to prepare it in this special way. Using skill and experience alone you reduce the poison or disease save DC by only 1/2 Goblin Cook level + Con Modifier. Failure means death. Those that survive this meal gain the benefits of a Greater Restoration spell in addition to those normally granted. Other mystery meat can still be prepared as normal.

PLAYING A GOBLIN COOK
    Everything is potentially your next meal so alway be on the look out for new and exciting things to toss into your stew pot. When selecting a main course or side dish go for the most common or dangerous creatures, if the creature type is sentient than make sure others know just what your doing with their dead since most races would find the thought of you feeding off of them to be very disturbing.
    Combat: The best meat comes from creatures killed by surprise, so whenever possible try and ambush your potential prey. Depending on your combat path your either picking off meals at range or tenderizing them with melee, either way you want to deal as much damage as possible. Your high hit points allow you to absorb a lot of damage so when it comes time to collect ingredients don't be shy.
    Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
    Resources: Most experienced goblin cooks are feared and respected within goblin society, where hunger is often a fact of life. Some underdark tribes as well as tribes in remote or harsh locations depend solely on their resident cook for sustenance. Given this fact, a goblin cook can generally call on any tribe in the area that he has cooked for, provided nobody too important died as a result. Goblin cooks are also in great demand by horde armies who recruit them to act as camp cooks, with platoons of wounded orc and hobgoblin soldiers depending on their mystery meat to heal the days wounds.

GOBLIN COOKS IN THE WORLD
    “Never completely trust a goblin cooks stew. You never know what your gonna get.”
    ---Hobgoblin Drill Instructor on subject of camp food.
    Everything living needs something to eat, and everything living can be eaten. To those who have to depend on you for their next meal your a celebrated ally, to those that find themselves facing the stew pot you are a relentless danger.
    Daily Life: Other than the occasional goblin chief or warlord who has to die for questioning your authority in the kitchen, your life pretty much revolves around hunting, cooking, and eating.
    Notables: Keeto Gutpunch has cooked for everyone from his small tribe in the deep forest to exotic, and often times illegal, dinners for masked human nobility with a fetish for cannibalism. His most well traveled tale is the time he was forced to cook for a disgusting human warlord. The warlord had heard of Keeto's culinary prowess and used his tribe as leverage to force his obedience. Keeto than proceeded to poison and kill everyone in the warlords castle, ensuring that his tribe ate well that winter.
    Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

GOBLIN COOKS IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Keeto Gutpunch
    CN/Male/Goblin/Ranger7/Goblin Cook8
    Languages: Common, Goblin
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options:
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions

Cooks Cleaver
    SMALL EXOTIC MELEE WEAPON
    Type: Light One Handed Slashing
    Damage/Critical: 1d8/19-20/x3
    Range: Special; See Below
    Cost/Weight: 8gp/1lb.
    This is a strengthened version of a standard cooking cleaver found in most civilized kitchens. Its blade is usually rectangular with one side of the thick heavy blade sharpened to a razors edge, which gives the cleaver a keen effect. Even though it has been strengthened for use as a melee weapon, the basic design of the blade is inherently flawed, see below, and therefor is usually easily broken even when cleverly crafted or magically reinforced.
    Special: Every time a critical hit is rolled there is a 40% chance the cleaver blade snaps from the handle. If the cleaver is made masterwork this chance drops to 25%. Magically imbued cleavers take 1% off this chance for every +x of enhancement.

In addition, when used as a thrown weapon the cooks cleaver gains the following stats:

Flying Cooks Cleaver
    SMALL EXOTIC RANGED WEAPON (Thrown)
    Damage/Critical: 1d8/x3
    Range: 10ft.
    These weapons look and function exactly as normal cleavers, in fact they are. The only real physical difference between a thrown cleaver and a held on is that the thrown weapon often has a much more curved edge near the base of the blade, where the corner of the blade has been broken off and then ground down to make the cleaver roll from the hand easier. The new shape of the blade reinforces the blade when it strikes its target, the shape of the blade absorbing much of the damage. Even though it has been strengthened for use as a ranged weapon, it is still a cleaver and can still be used for melee with no penalty.
    Special: When used for ranged combat the base chance for breaking the blade is reduced by 5%.

GOBLIN COOK FEATS

Cleaver
    Requirements: Power Attack, Cleave
    Benefits: On a natural 20 you may choose to either deal damage as per your normal critical or you may make another attack roll at your full base attack bonus. This second roll sets the Reflex save DC the target must make otherwise it loses a limb.
    Special: This feat can only be used on creatures with discernible anatomy and are affected by critical hits.

Taste Test
    Requirements: BAB +8
    Benefits: You gain a secondary bite attack as appropriate for your size: 1d4 small/1d6 medium.
    Special: If you already have a natural bite attack or you have taken this feat once already, your base die damage increases by one step. Taking this feat more than twice does not stack.

*Added fluff, altered entry requirements, added more skills, added more abilities, and added new weapon.

*Filled in some of the fluff and edited.clarified on a few of the abilities. Started sample character.

Last edited by DonThelonious; 2008-12-10 at 08:31 AM.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

"I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

10. - Top - End - #430

Welcome back DonT! I recently reappeared too, ala last week! Bhu has made some great stuff while we were gone.

Now on for a couple comments on your latest PrC. Love the concept. As for Cast Iron Stomach, I would make it so eventually the Goblin Cook immune to injested poision and non-magical disease if not at first level.

Other ideas include giving it Track to allow it to track down it's next meal; some sort of Fire starting ability, like giving the Cooks Spoon the ability to cast Burning Hands or some other fire spell for combat ability and you need a fire to cook.

11. - Top - End - #431

THE POINT BLANK SNIPER

"Anyone can snipe long range... It takes a true soldier to snipe point blank" - Drazg, Hobgoblin Point Blank Sniper

A Point Blank Soldier is a front line soldier that uses a bow or cross bow to shot his enemies up close and personal. It keeps him up to pace and allows him to go into quick melee fighting if need be. Hobgoblins favor this form of sniping over the long range because they view that as cowardice and melee the true form of fighting.

BECOMING A POINT BLANK SNIPER
    Fighters that took up the bow and arrow or the bolt and crossbow are the most common to take this class. Rangers are sometime seen as bowmen on the front lines. Rarely you'll get a Rogue or Scout also following the point blank.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    To qualify to become a Point Blank Sniper, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    BAB: +5
    Feats: Point Blank Shot, Dodge
    Special: Must of had a battle where you wielded a ranged weapon (bow/crossbow) in melee range (at least 15ft) the entire fight.

Class Skills
    The Point Blank Sniper's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + Int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
    1. +1    +0     +2     +0    On the Front Lines, Power Blank
    2. +2    +0     +3     +0    Snipe Style, Bow Block
    3. +3    +1     +3     +1    On the Front Lines
    4. +4    +1     +4     +1    Snipe Style, Close the Gap
    5. +5    +1     +4     +1    Shot through the Heart
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Point Blank Sniper gains proficiency with the arrow or bolt as a dagger of the appropriate size (medium does 1d4, etc.).

On the Front Lines (Ex): A Point Blank Sniper lives on the front lines and has adapted his ranged combat to them.
    At 1st Level: +4 AC vs Attack of Opportunities provoked while Shooting; Precision Shot only when in Point Blank Range (30ft)
    At 3rd Level: No Attack of Opportunities provoked while shooting; Gains Mobility as a bonus feat.
    At 5th Level: Can make one Attack of Opportunity per round with a ranged weapon if the target is within 10ft.

Power Blank (Ex): A Point Blank Sniper improves his ranged power when he's in point blank range giving his shpts greater accuracy and damage. This increases Point Blank Shot's bonuses +2 at 1st Level, +3 at 2nd Level, +4 at 5th Level.

Snipe Style (Ex): A Point Blank Sniper picks a style of sniping and sticks to it gaining impressive abilities with their choice. At 2nd Level you can choose either Bow or Crossbow. At 4th Level you can choose either Power or Rapid Fire.
    Bow: Gain Rapid Shot as a bonus feat
    Crossbow: Gain Rapid Reload as a bonus feat.
    Power: Increase damage die of your previous choice (Bows/Crossbows)
    Rapid Fire: You get one extra attack per round with your previous choice. This attack functions exactly like Rapid Shot and stacks with it.

Block Bow (Ex): A Point Blank Sniper while uses ranged weapons, still is in melee range and learns to use their weapon as a shield, parrying blows. You gain a Shield bonus to AC based on your weapon. Light Crossbow/Short Bow +1 AC; Heavy Crossbow/Long Bow +2 AC.

Close the Gap (Ex): A Point Blank Sniper's power increases the closer the enemy is to his shot. The bonus from Point Blank Shot doubles if the target is within 10ft.

Shot through the Heart! (Ex): A Point Blank Sniper's pinicle ability, to get so close as to shoot through one enemy and hit another. As a Standard action a Point Blank Sniper may make a shot that hits two enemies, both enemies must be right in line with each other. The shot uses your highest BAB while the second it incurs a -5 penalty. If the first hit misses, roll for the second hit with an additional -3 penalty.

PLAYING A POINT BLANK SNIPER
    Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.

POINT BLANK SNIPERS NAME IN THE WORLD
    "That hobgoblin sniper was insane. He engaged us in melee willingly with his crossbow!"
    A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).

NPC Reaction

POINT BLANK SNIPERS IN THE GAME

Sample Encounter

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-11-23 at 10:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Pixie in the Playground

I had a complete humanoid campaign for years at my shop. We evolved some very fancy rules for the characters. It was all 2nd Ed. so I won't waste space by posting it all here. If you are curious, here is the page:

http://www.geocities.com/grumbolt/humanoid.html

Feel free to e-mail me with any comments!
    Last edited by Grumbolt; 2008-11-26 at 10:23 PM.
    Never underestimate a little green goblin with a plan...
    Tanks tah Arokh for da nice picture!!! Me not eat him...

13. - Top - End - #433

BLEEDING MEDIC

"Amature medics only use their knowledge of the body to heal. I use mine to heal, and inflict pain" - Gyruh, Hobgoblin Bleeding Medic

A Bleeding Medic is a combat medic who started using his knowledge of how to heal, to inflict pain. Knowing how the body works to heal injuries, can be flipped into how to inflict them. The Bleeding Medic is a powerful force on the battlefield due to their life saving, or severing, knowledge.

BECOMING A BLEEDING MEDIC
    Clerics are the most common entries to the class. Fighter/Clerics are also pretty common. Just about any Cleric with some melee class works well. Some Paladins also take the Bleeding Medic up.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Skills: Heal 5 Ranks
    Feats:
    Spellcasting: Must be able to cast Cure Moderate Wounds

Class Skills
    The Bleeding Medic's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Religion), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + Int

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities                   Spellcasting
    1. +0    +2     +0     +0    Red Cross, Blood Magic          --
    2. +1    +3     +0     +0    Open Wound, First Aid I     +1 Level of existing class
    3. +2    +3     +1     +1    Blood Infusion              +1 Level of existing class
    4. +3    +4     +1     +1    Target Limbs                +1 Level of existing class
    5. +3    +4     +1     +1    Combat Medic, First Aid II  +1 Level of existing class
    6. +4    +5     +2     +2    Blood Energy                    --
    7. +5    +5     +2     +2    Power of Blood              +1 Level of existing class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Bleeding Medic gains no new proficiencies.

Spells per Day/Spells Known: At every Bleeding Medic level except first, and sixth a Bleeding Medic gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in an arcane or divine spellcasting class he possessed before adding the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, such as familiar progression. If he had multiple spellcasting classes, he picks one class to advance.

Red Cross (Ex): A Bleeding Medic focuses on their healing powers so that they never fall behind. The Caster Level of any Cure/Inflict Spell you cast is equal to your level.

Blood Magic (Su): A Bleeding Medic knows how to cause pain as well as mend wounds. A Bleeding Medic can spontaneously cange any Cure spell into an Inflict spell of equal level or lower and vice versa. This can not be used on magic items such as scrolls, wands, etc.

Open Wound (Ex): A Bleeding Medic can use their curing power to close wounds, but also to open them and cause them to bleed. As part of an attack, you may spend one Cure/Inflict spell to casue your target to bleed HP equal to the spell level for rounds equal to 1 + (Half Wis Mod).

First Aid (Ex/Sp): A Bleeding Medic still increases his knowledge of the body.
    At 2nd Level: Gains Bleeding Medic Class Level to Heal Checks; +2 heal/damage on any Cure/Inflict Spell.
    At 4th Level: Gains a Neutralize Poison usable as a spell like ability 1/Day.

Target Limbs (Su): A Bleeding Medic knows how to heal flesh; They also know how to heal, and also break, bones and limbs. A Bleeding Medic may use any Cure/Inflict spell to target one person to either heal or hurt their limbs. For evey 10 points healed/damaged you heal/damage 1 point of any one physical ability score (Str, Con, Dex), chosen upon casting. (Note: Cure only heals while Inflict only damages).

Blood Infusion (Su): A Bleeding Medic can use blood to enhance their spells beyond their normal power. A Bleeding Medic can use their or a helpless enemy's blood (-5 HP) to increase any spell CL by +1 for a single casting.

Combat Medic (Ex): A Bleeding Medic still trains in their fighting skills to keep them in tip top shape. A Bleeding Medic gains a Bonus Fighter Feat.

Blood Energy (Su): A Bleeding Medic can use the blood of his fallen enemies to empower himself. Once per encounter, a Bleeding Medic may use the blood of any helpless enemy (-5 HP if still alive) to give himself +15 Temporary HP and +2 Str for the rest of the encounter.

Power of Blood (Su): Upon 7th level, a Bleeding Medic learns their last ability, the Power of Blood. A Bleeding Medic may have energy burst from their body, either healing or harming all caught in the blast. Once Per Encounter, a Bleeding medic may burst dealing or healing damage equal to the damage they've healed (themself or others), damaged, or been damaged in a 30ft radius burst centered on self. A DC (15 + Wis Mod) Will Save for half damage. This functions once per encounter, only counts damage delt or healed during the encounter, and an encounter ends after 5 minutes of non-strenuous activity.

Example: Larry the Bleeding Medic has dealt 20 damage and healed 24 damage this encounter (12 points being himself). Larry then can burst with 44 points of energy, damaging or healing all creatures within 30ft of himself with a DC 19 (15 + 4 Wis Mod) Will save for half damage.

PLAYING ABLEEDING MEDIC

BLEEDING MEDICS IN THE WORLD
    A quote of somebody else talking about your class!

NPC Reaction

BLEEDING MEDICS IN THE GAME

Sample Encounter

Name
    Languages
    hp ( HD)
    Fort +, Ref +, Will +
    Speed ft. ( squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +, Grp +
    Atk Options
    Combat Gear
    Spells Prepared
    Supernatural Abilities
    SQ
    Feats
    Skills
    Possessions
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-12-17 at 08:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434

There are my lastest two PrC's. The Point Blank Sniper and the Bleeding Medic! Tell me what you think.

I'm specifically having trouble with Prereqs for the Bleeding Medic (and possibly the Point Blank Sniper) and it's saves.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Welcome back DonT! I recently reappeared too, ala last week! Bhu has made some great stuff while we were gone.

Now on for a couple comments on your latest PrC. Love the concept. As for Cast Iron Stomach, I would make it so eventually the Goblin Cook immune to injested poision and non-magical disease if not at first level.

Other ideas include giving it Track to allow it to track down it's next meal; some sort of Fire starting ability, like giving the Cooks Spoon the ability to cast Burning Hands or some other fire spell for combat ability and you need a fire to cook.
    Wats! How wonderful to see your still active! I have been chatting back and forth with BHU for the last month or so on yahoo and he has slowly gotten me back into the groove, so here I am. Your Hobo stuff is looking great and I like the Paragon class. I should probably work on a Goblin Paragon class...

I like the suggestions for the cook and will be integrating them into the whole tonight. God its good to be back.

Oh, and its Thel. Please.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Sweet! It's nice to see everybody back!
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

For the Bleeding Medic, you're probably gonna want to change the language about a willing enemy. No enemy will willingly bleed for you, though they'll certainly make you bleed, if they're able.

Maybe I'm missing what you're trying to say with "willing enemy" but, as it currently stands, the ability makes little sense, as i don't see a cleric or pali charming enemies around the battle field to bleed for them, which'd have to be pretty damn close to a domination effect to work, anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

OROG KNIGHT

”I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

It is rare that an Orog finds a teacher of the Sublime Way. The few that have start their own orders of Crusaders in the depths of the Underdark.

BECOMING AN OROG KNIGHT
    Orog Knights begin as Crusaders who have devoted themselves to defending their people.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Orog
    BAB: +6
    Maneuvers: Must know at least 4 Devoted Spirit maneuvers, one of which must be Defensive Rebuke
    Feats: Devoted Bulwark, Combat Reflexes (yes I know most Orog wont be able to make use of it)
    Skills: Intimidate 8 Ranks

Class Skills
    The Orog Knight's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Armorsmithing, Weaponsmithing), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local, History, Religion)(Int), and Martial Lore (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4+ int

Code:
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    Patient Strike
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    Improved Defensive Rebuke
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    Furious Defense
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    Patient Strike
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    Improved Defensive Rebuke
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    Protect the Fallen
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    Patient Strike
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    Improved Defensive Rebuke
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    Improved Zealous Surge
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    Rally The Troops
    Weapon Proficiencies: Orog Knight’s gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each odd numbered level you gain a new Maneuver from the Devoted Spirit or Stone Dragon disciplines. You must meet the Maneuver's Prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Tanarukk Firesword Levels to your Initiator Level to determine your total Initiator Level, and your highest level Maneuvers Known. At 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels you gain an additional Maneuver readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th level you learn a new Stance from the Devoted Spirit or Stone Dragon disciplines if you meet it's Prerequisites.

Patient Strike (Ex): At 1st level whenever the Orog Knight attacks with a Readied Attack it gains a Circumstance Bonus equal to it's Charisma Bonus.

At 4th level the Orog Knight may do double damage with a Readied Attack three times per day.

At 7th level the Orog Knight automatically threatens a critical when it Readies against a Charge attack.

Improved Defensive Rebuke (Ex): At 2nd level whenever you use the Defensive Rebuke Maneuver you gain your Furious Counterstrike bonus on all Attacks of Opportunity you make that round.

At 5th level you gain your Furious Counterstrike bonus on all critical confirmation rolls for Attacks of Opportunity that round as well.

At 8th level if you Ready Defensive Rebuke against a Charging opponent, and hit successfully with it, he must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half your hit dice plus Strength Bonus) or be Stunned that round.

Furious Defense (Ex): At the beginning of your turn as a free action you may announce you are foregoing the use of your Furious Counterstrike ability until next round as a Free Action and use this ability instead. For that round you may make a number of Attacks of Opportunity equal to your Furious Counterstrike Bonus.

Protect the Fallen (Ex): If an attack from an opponent brings an Ally of yours to 0 hit points or less, you immediately get to make up to a 5 foot step and can make an attack of opportunity against that foe if he is within reach.

Improved Zealous Surge (Ex): You may now use the Crusader's Zealous Surge 3 times per day if you have it.

Rally The Troops (Su): Whenever you successfully perform a Devoted Spirit Maneuver all Allies within 60' heal hit points equal to double your Orog Knight level.

PLAYING AN OROG KNIGHT
    Orog Knights are the Paladins of their society. Whereas many Orog warriors concentrate on being effective killers of other races, the Knights prefer to concentrate on defending their people and their homelands.
    Resources: The Orog Knights have their own Orders resources to draw upon, and when it's for the defense of the realm they can call upon a great deal of wealth from their people's leaders.

OROG KNIGHTS IN THE WORLD
    "Watch out for the heavily armored ones."
    "They ALL have heavy armor Jim. They're Orogs. It's what they do."
    The Orog Knights generally only interact with the surface world in brief violent moments, or as occasional diplomats. For that matter they only tend to interact with underdark races that aren't Orogs in brief, violent moments as well. Being the primary defenders of their people means outsiders usually only get to see the business end of their weapons (they aren't called upon as diplomats very often you see).
    Daily Life: The Knights train nonstop. It's their life. It's all they know. If they aren't training they're on assignment from their superiors. Many are also proficient smiths.
    Notables: Merrik (CE Male Orog Crusader 6/Orog Knight 3) is a fairly recent addition to the Order, but has recently proved valuable in dealing with the surface world.
    Organizations: The Orog Knights are an organization unto themselves. They have several different chapters, but all of them report to a head organization which is fairly high up in both the Orog government and religion.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's react to the Knight's the same way they react to any other Orc warriors. Which can generally be described as "oh crap".

OROG KNIGHTS IN THE GAME
    It's rare to meet a diplomatic Orc, so members of this PrC will be considered exotic at best. The reputation of the Orc race will make your secondary purpose as a diplomat troublesome at best.
    Adaptation: This shouldn't be too hard to adapt. It's basically a holy warrior type class, and the Orogs have those already.
    Encounters: PC's will generally encounter an Orog Knight when assaulting an Orog village or stronghold, or when the Orog's wish to talk and send one as a diplomat.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: A strange race of Orc like creatures have been swarming up from tunnels in the mountains and conducting raids on the local villages. They have offered parley, and the local nobility has hired the PC's to guard the kingdom's top diplomat, and the Orc representative at the talks. Who will have guards of his own of course.

Merrik
    CE Male Orog Crusader 6/Orog Knight 4
    Init -2, Senses: Listen +0, Spot +0, Dark Vision 120'
    Languages Orc, Undercommon
    AC 25, touch 10, flat-footed 25 (-2 Dex, +2 Natural, +2 Deflection, +13 Armor)
    hp 75 (10 HD)
    Fort +11, Ref +2, Will +8
    Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +4 Greatsword +18/+13 (2d6+11/19-20)
    Ranged +2 Throwing Axe +9 (1d6+7)
    Base Atk +9, Grp +14
    Atk Options Furious Counterstrike, Smite 1/day (+4)
    Combat Gear 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Stances Known 1st: Iron Guard's Glare, Martial Spirit
    Maneuvers Known 1st: Bolstering Voice, Crusaders Strike, Leading the Attack, Stone Bones, Vanguard Strike
    2nd: Foehammer
    3rd: Defensive Rebuke
    4th: Divine Surge
    5th: Doom Charge
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 7, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 18
    SQ Light Blindness, Fire Resistance 5, Cold Resistance 5, Orc Blood, Steely Resolve 10
    Feats Adaptive Style, Combat Reflexes, Devoted Bulwark, Extra Granted Maneuver
    Skills Balance +8, Concentration +6, Craft (Armorsmithing, Weaponsmithing) +6, Diplomacy +12, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (Religion) +6, Martial Lore +6
    Possessions +5 Full Plate, +4 Greatsword, +2 Returning Throwing Axe, +2 Ring of Protection, 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 442 GP

EPIC OROG KNIGHT

Hit Die: d10
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Orog Knight gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-05 at 04:52 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

ooo, Orog support =3
    I've never been that big of a fan of the Crusader but fun anyways. I more see Orogs becoming Warblades but that's just me.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #440

Okay. So now that I have gotten fully up to date on whats been going on here I have to say I am very impressed. PEACH-ing is still a little more scarce than I would prefer, but overall much progress has been made.

As for specific PrCs and my personal opinions, I have yet to form anything more solid than "Sweeeeeet!!!". The many ToB based classes were an unfortunate surprise , but the work put into them is definitely something to be proud of (For those who have yet to get to know me, I have read the arguments, read the book, discussed its pro's and con's with many friends and come to the conclusion that I do not like ToB. Its that simple.).

Personal opinions aside, I am proud and happy for all the support and involvement. I just hope I can meet (and exceed ) the expectations that BHU seems to have generated. As I work on finishing off the cook I plan on transferring my other works over from the WoTC board.

Oh, and uh... w00t!
    Last edited by DonThelonious; 2008-11-26 at 01:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

You always do well Don :D

Orog Knight updated.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Wats, do you have Complete Champion? Peek at Healing Devotion, Mitigate Suffering, or Touch of Healing. They might work as Prerequisite Feats fro the Bleeding Medic.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #443

Alas I have every complete book but Champion. I think Divine might have a feat for me though.

As for the "willing" enemy comment, I meant helpless and it's been changed. It was meant so that if you had an enemy alive but bound, sleeping, unconsious, etc. so that you could get some blood with out it resisting you could use that.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi there,

I'm actually a huge fan of orcs and goblins, but I really don't care for Prestige Classes. On the first page it says something about "Complete Goblinoid" or something, followed by a long list of Prestige Class names. I think a lot of people really like PrCs... but a lot of people really don't.
    I flipped through the pages and it seems like there are only PrCs. Not that there's anything bad with PrCs if you enjoy them, but I REALLY would like to see some (let's be honest: a lot) of fluffy stuff about orc and goblin society, religion, martial arts, communities, and traditions.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neithan View Post
    Hi there,

I'm actually a huge fan of orcs and goblins, but I really don't care for Prestige Classes. On the first page it says something about "Complete Goblinoid" or something, followed by a long list of Prestige Class names. I think a lot of people really like PrCs... but a lot of people really don't.
    I flipped through the pages and it seems like there are only PrCs. Not that there's anything bad with PrCs if you enjoy them, but I REALLY would like to see some (let's be honest: a lot) of fluffy stuff about orc and goblin society, religion, martial arts, communities, and traditions.
    http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=862300

This is the parent thread at Wizards, and it links to the other race threads. There's a lil stuff there. I may be doing some fluff after I get all my PrC's done (I'm working on a hundred of them).

First ability of the Orog Knight is up, lemme know what you think.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-11-30 at 05:34 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #446

Hey BHU, if its still up you might want to peek at my Savage Paladin over on the wizards board. I think you may find some nifty things to try in the Orog Knight.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Added Improved Defensive Rebuke.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Got everything up excpet the capstone.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Okay hadda do some revising and added the capstone. Lemme know what you think.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

Last of the ToB PrC's for now

TANARUKK FIRESWORD

”Fire is the answer to all of life’s problems.”!

Given their bizarre and unholy parentage it’s odd to think of the Tanarukk taking up the art of the Swordsage, but their affinity for fire seems to make them naturals at the Desert Wind style.

BECOMING A TANARUKK FIRESWORD
    Tanarukk Fireswords begin as Swordsages, if they can find a teacher.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Tanarukk
    Maneuvers: Any 3 Desert Wind maneuvers, one of which must do Fire Damage.
    Feats: Desert Wind Dodge, Scorching Sirocco
    Skills: Tumble 6 Ranks
    Class Abilities: Discipline Focus (Desert Wind)

Class Skills
    The Tanarukk Firesword's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion)(Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4+ int

Code:
    1. +0    +0     +2     +2    Holocaust Sword (Flaming)
    2. +1    +0     +3     +3    Fiendish Heritage
    3. +2    +1     +3     +3    Control Flame (Delayed Blast Fireball)
    4. +3    +1     +4     +4    Holocaust Sword (Flaming Burst)
    5. +3    +1     +4     +4    Fiendish Heritage
    6. +4    +2     +5     +5    Control Flame (Fire Storm)
    7. +5    +2     +5     +5    Holocaust Sword (Flaming Blast)
    8. +6    +2     +6     +6    Fiendish Heritage
    9. +6    +3     +6     +6    Control Flame (Blackfire)
    10.+7    +3     +7     +7    Demonic Transformation
    Weapon Proficiencies: Tanarukk Fireswords gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each odd numbered level you gain a new Maneuver from the Desert Wind or Stone Dragon disciplines. You must meet the Maneuver's Prerequisite to learn it. You add your full Tanarukk Firesword Levels to your Initiator Level to determine your total Initiator Level, and your highest level Maneuvers Known. At 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels you gain an additional Maneuver readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th level you learn a new Stance from the Desert Wind or Stone Dragon disciplines if you meet it's Prerequisites.

Holocaust Sword (Su): At 1st level whenever you wield a Desert Wind weapon it is considered to be a Flaming weapon (see DMG page 224).

At 4th level it becomes a Flaming Burst weapon (see DMG page 224).

At 7th level whenever you successfully critical everyone within 15' takes the excess fire damage (except of course yourself).

Fiendish Heritage (Su): Beginning at second level the Tanarukk begins to develop the powers of it's Fiendish legacy. At 2nd level it gains Energy Resistance 10 to both Cold and Electricity.

At 5th level it becomes Immune to Fire and Poison.

At 7th level it gains both the Chaotic and Evil Subtypes, and the Save DC of all Desert Wind Maneuvers it uses are increased +2.

Control Flame (Sp): Over time the Tanarukk's control over flame increases rapidly. At 3rd level the Firesword may cast Delayed Blast Fireball once per day as a Spell-Like Ability.

At 6th level he may cast Firestorm once per day as a Spell-Like Ability.

At 9th level he may cast Blackfire once per day (see Spell Compendium) as a Spell-Like Ability.

Demonic Transformation (Su): At 10th level the Firesword begins to fully manifest his demonic ancestry. He becomes an Outsider with the Native Subtype, and gains DR 10/Cold Iron.

PLAYING A TANARUKK FIRESWORD
    Fire is the answer to all of your problems. Even against opponents immune to flame you might be able to do sufficient nearby structural damage to give yourself an advantage. If that fails you can always rely on your fellow mercenaries (i.e. cannon fodder) to get between you and the good guys by fleeing. Better to live to carry on your fight another day than die now. How will you live to see the world burn if you get killed fighting inconsequential would be heroes?
    Combat: Tanarukk Fireswords tend to rely on fire. Against opponents immune to fire they are at something of a loss, and simply flail away with their Falchions or make their escape as best they can.
    Advancement: Tanarukk Fireswords are obsessed with gaining more power over fire, using it to cause holocausts, burning cities and fields. Most are avid pyromaniacs and will do anything to get better at manipulating flame. Some are addicted to setting fires, which is one reason many never live to see hte 10th level of this PrC.
    Resources: Tanarukk Fireswords can count on each other in times of trouble, and often can gain temporary help from either the Orc tribes, other demonic cultists, or even other Fiends.

TANARUKK FIRESWORDS IN THE WORLD
    "Them damn monsters are back again. Burned down Brother Amos' barn yestiday. They'll pay someday. Oh how they'll pay!"
    Tanaruk Fireswords are little better than rabid dogs, eager to do the bidding of their masters. Hungry for blood and destruction they need little excuse or provocation to begin burning whatever is within reach.
    Daily Life: The daily life of a Firesword consists of practice, setting numerous fires, and wanton slaughter. Sometimes it's an assignment, sometimes its out of boredom, sometimes it's because they aren't bored but feel the need to live up to their rep.
    Notables: Selkirk (CE Male Tanarukk Swordsage 3/Tanarukk Firesword 3) is an infamous mercenary for hire, specializing in arson.
    Organizations: The Tanarukk Fireswords are an organization of sorts, dedicated to spreading worship of their Demonic parents among the other Orc races. This causes them some problems as the Priesthood of Gruumsh doesn't take to it so kindly.

NPC Reaction
    Since the Fireswords are militant arsonists who get their jollies by setting things on fire, most NPC's don't like them. Running in terror screaming is a common reaction.

TANARUKK FIRESWORDS IN THE GAME
    This classes entire attack is based on fire, meaning putting them against a lot of opponents immune to fire is kinda cheap, and mean to your PC. Plus fire is kewl.
    Adaptation: Every campaign has a demon cult of some kind (well almost every). If you like the traditional fiery critters, this is perfect for you.
    Encounters: PC's will probably encounter Tanarukk Fireswords as they go on burning rampages to show appreciation to their Fiendish lords, or on assignment from one Demon or another.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been hired to find out who has been burning down small villages by a local Countess. Eventually they track down a cult of demon worshippers that are obsessed with fire led by a strange Orc like creature. But in the days to come they will see this same creature chatting with the Countess. If they know each other why did she hire the PC's to track down the source of the fires if she already knows it? Especially if that source leads back to her?

Selkirk
    CE Tanarukk Swordsage 3/Tanarukk Firesword 3
    Init +3, Senses: Listen +10, Spot +10, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Orc, Abyssal, Undercommon, Common
    Quick to Act +1
    AC 30, touch 21, flat-footed 28 (+2 Dex, +4 natural, +2 Wis, +9 Armor, +3 Deflection)
    hp 60 (11 HD)
    Fort +7, Ref +12, Will +12
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Melee +3 Falchion +16/+11 (2d4+9+1d6 Fire/15-20)
    Base Atk +9, Grp +13
    Atk Options Discipline Focus: Desert Wind (Weapon Focus), Holocaust Sword (Flaming Burst), Control Flame (Delayed Blast Fireball and Firestorm 1/day)
    Combat Gear 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 4 Potions of Haste
    Stances Known 1st: Blood in the Water, Step of the Wind
    Maneuvers Known 1st: Blistering Flourish, Burning Blade, Charging Minotaur, Counter Charge, Distracting Ember, Stone Bones, Wind Stride
    2nd: Burning Brand. Flashing Sun
    3rd: Death Mark
    Initiator Level: 6, Maneuvers Readied: 4
    Supernatural Abilities Control Flame
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 4
    SQ Cold/Electricity Resistance 10, Spell Resistance 20, Orc Blood, AC Bonus, Immune to Fire and Poison
    Feats Adaptive Style, Blade Meditation (Desert Wind), Desert Wind Dodge, Scorching Sirocco,
    Skills Concentration +7, Hide +10, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Religion) +4, Listen +10, Martial Lore +6, Move Silently +8, Search +8, Spot+10, Tumble +10
    Possessions +3 Keen Falchion, +5 Chain Shirt, Cloak of the Salamander, +3 Ring of Protection, 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 4 Potions of Haste, 375 GP

EPIC TANARUKK FIRESWORD

Hit Die: d8
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Tanarukk FIresword gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-06 at 05:19 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins