New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Like Orogs, I see Tanarukks as more Warblades than anything, maybe taking Martial Study to get the Desert Wind techniques and also doing Iron Heart or Stone Dragon.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Like Orogs, I see Tanarukks as more Warblades than anything, maybe taking Martial Study to get the Desert Wind techniques and also doing Iron Heart or Stone Dragon.
    I wanted it to be a mystical class that focused on their power to manifest fire. I chose Swordsage cause it was the most mystical of the 3 and had access to Desert Wind from teh beginning.

Worry not I shall try to make it worth while :D
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

I got most of the fluff up. If I have time I'll get the crunch up this weekend too.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #454
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, so I updated the Bleeding Medic a bit. Still need to take a look at feat prereqs.

Anyway, I need some help with the capstone. I have a few ideas. One is a 2/Day Heal or Harm spell. Any other ideas than just a straight heal/harm?

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

You could make him semi vampiric, able to heal others by letting them drink his blood, or heal himself by drinking theirs.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Or, optionally, you could make him able to transfer damage between two targets within a certain range. i.e. whatever amount of damage his ally heals the enemy takes.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #457
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Okay, so I updated the Bleeding Medic a bit. Still need to take a look at feat prereqs.

Anyway, I need some help with the capstone. I have a few ideas. One is a 2/Day Heal or Harm spell. Any other ideas than just a straight heal/harm?
    What about something like a 1/encounter burst ability that lets them basically explode with either positive or negative energy equal to the amount of damage they had healed in themselves or others. So lets say the medic cured Bob the Fighter for 10hp in round 1, then healed Chuck the Rogue for 15hp in round 2, on round 3 he would be able to burst with healing/harming energy for 19.

On another note, I will be finishing up the Goblin Cook in the next few days. Any suggestions on fluff? Anyone?
    That point can be debated, depending who we're talking about cooking.
    I play Lawful Evil. I love goblins. I like Prestige Classes.

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

Some of my Prestige Class work with the brilliant BHU

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    "I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

8. - Top - End - #458

Added a picture and filled in a bit of the fluff for the goblin cook. What do you guys think?

Visit Dwenty, a collaborative project I took part in with several other people from all over the world.

"I know that you believe that you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious View Post
    Added a picture and filled in a bit of the fluff for the goblin cook. What do you guys think?
    Is the Skill FOcus prerequisite for Craft (Cooking) or Profession?

Luv the pic. Thems some Big cleavers.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #460

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Is the Skill FOcus prerequisite for Craft (Cooking) or Profession?

Luv the pic. Thems some Big cleavers.
    Glad you like the pic. The Skill Focus prereq. is for Craft (Cooking). Need to know how to cook to be a cook ;)

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DonThelonious View Post
    Glad you like the pic. The Skill Focus prereq. is for Craft (Cooking). Need to know how to cook to be a cook ;)
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

12. - Top - End - #462

You make an excellent point...

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Updated Tanarukk FIresword. I just noticed on the Orog Knight they gain no maneuvers/stances for the 10 levels. Think I should keep it that way?
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, yeah, i totally failed to notice that Orog Knight had no maneuver progression. I don't think the class' power progression is such that giving them a progression is going to horribly overpower it.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Got the Firesword done cept capstone and example PrC.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't have a usage limit on Blackfire, fyi. I assume you meant 1/day or some such.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Firesword is up, cept for the example NPC. If you like it, Ill finish. and then move on to the spookity psychic gobbins
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

STYGIAN BLADE

"Nothing feels better than watching your opponents soul shrivel into dust in your hands."

Goblinoids tend to have a certain finesse with Stygian powers. Maybe it's because they allow them to kill things easier, or perhaps many Goblinoid psychics are due to the result of experimentation on their species which has left them, shall we say, bereft of that which many other races call sanity.

BECOMING A STYGIAN BLADE
    Members of most psionic classes can become a Stygian Blade as long as they can gain access to the appropriate negative energy powers.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Goblinoid
    Psionics: Manifester Level 5th, must be able to Manifest at least 1 Stygian Power
    Feats: Stygian Archon
    Skills: Autohypnosis 4 ranks, Concentration 4 ranks, Knowledge (Psionics) 4 ranks

Class Skills
    The Stygian Blade's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Concentration (Con), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Psicraft (Int), and Spot (Wis)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Stygian Power (+1)
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Stygian Combat Style, +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    3. +2    +1     +1     +3    Stygian Blade
    4. +3    +1     +1     +4    Stygian Power (+2), +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    5. +3    +1     +1     +4    Stygian Combat Style, +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    6. +4    +2     +2     +5    Stygian Blade, +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    7. +5    +2     +2     +5    Stygian Power (+4), +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    8. +6    +2     +2     +6    Stygian Combat Style
    9. +6    +3     +3     +6    Stygian Blade, +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    10.+7    +3     +3     +7    Stygian Apotheosis, +1 Level of existing Manifesting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: Stygian Blades gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Stygian Power (Ex): At first level the Save DC for all powers you Manifest that use negative energy increase by +1. This stacks with Feats such as Psionic Endowment. The Bonus increases to +2 at level 4, and +4 at level 7.

Stygian Combat Style: Beginning at level 2 you begin to choose a Combat Style involving your negative energy powers. You get to choose one from the following list, and that power may not be changed once it is chosen.

Stygian Touch (Prerequisite: Any power using negative energy with a Range of Touch): At second level your touch attack powers do +1d6 negative energy damage. At 5th level this increases to +2d6. At 8th level this increases to +3d6.

Stygian Attack (Prerequisite: Any power using negative energy that modifies a weapon, such as Stygian weapon): At 2nd level the Save DC of the attack increases by +1. At 5th level it increases to +2. At 8th level it increases to +4. This stacks with the Stygian Power Class Feature.

Stygian Blast (Prerequisite: Any power using negative energy as a ranged attack): A 2nd level your ranged negative energy powers costs 1 point less to manifest. At 5th level hey cost 2 points less. At 8th level they cost 3 points less.

Stygian Power (Prerequisite: Any power using negative energy): At second level the duration of powers you Manifest using negative energy gain use of the Extend Power Feat without it expending your Psionic Focus. At 5th level powers you Manifest using negative energy gain use of the Enlarge Power Feat without expending your Psionic Focus. At 8th level powers you manifest using negative energy gain the benefit of the Knockdown Power Feat without expending your Psionic Focus. This ability still requires the extra power points the Feat would use up.

Stygian Augment (Prerequisite: Lurk Augments): At second level you may convert your Sneak Attack damage to negative energy damage when attacking with your Lurk Augments. You gain +1d6 at level 5, and +2d6 at level 8.

Stygian Rage (Prerequisite: Surging Euphoria): When using your Wild Surge ability for a power using negative energy, your Surging Euphoria Bonus increases by +1 at level 2, +2 at level 5, and +3 at level 8.

Stygian Blade (Su): At third level the Stygian Blade can manifest the class ability that gives the PrC it's name. As a Move-equivalent Action the Stygian Blade can Manifest a long "blade" of negative energy. This is a light melee weapon doing 1d6+(Manifesting stat modifier) negative energy damage (Criticals on a 19-20, x2 damage). The Stygian Blade may take Weapon Feats for it's Stygian Blade as though it were a weapon, including Psionic Feats like Psionic Weapon.

At 6th level the Blade does 1d8 damage, and criticals on an 18-20. It may now be modified by Psionic Powers as though it was a weapon, and excess damage from Psionic Feats and Powers also becomes negative energy damage.

At 9th level the Blade does 2d6 damage, and gains the Profane and Profane Burst abilities (see Magic Item Compendium).

Stygian Apotheosis: At 10th level you aren't quite goblin anymore. You become immune to negative energy damage, death effects, energy drain, level drain, and ability drain/damage.

PLAYING A STYGIAN BLADE
    You have learned to somehow manipulate negative energy without suffering any ill effects. At least you see it that way. Others can tell that there are subtle and increasing changes in your personality. Changes they probably won't like.
    Combat: Combat varies for Stygian Blades. Psions/Wilders tend to concentrate on ranged attacks. Psychic Warriors tend to concentrate on infusing their weapon attacks with negative energy as do Lurks. Ardents and Divine Minds tend to use their negative energy powers to manipulate undead.
    Advancement: A lot of how a Stygian Blade advances depends on what class it originally was, as many of the Psionic classes have differing negative energy powers. This means that many Stygian Blades are unalike, making them not as predictable as other organizations.
    Resources: The Stygian Blades have their organization to draw on, and when serving the Goblin nobility may also likely call upon their money as well.

STYGIAN BLADES IN THE WORLD
    "Don't trust that one Gorv. He's a little too close to the grave for comfort."
    Stygian Blades interact with each other, and perhaps the dead, not so much the world. Their close ties to the Negative Energy Plane causes them great mental stress, and many mental abnormalities, making daily interaction with others increasingly difficult.
    Daily Life: A great many Stygian Blades spend their days in their own heads. Most have severe psychological problems that interfere with their daily existence. For some this is because their connection to negative energy came from experimentation on them by some madman. For others, they were born connected to the Negative Plane. Talk about your warped childhoods...
    Notables: Svetozar (NE Male Goblin Ardent 5/Stygian Blade 7) is the local equivalent of a necromancer for his tribe.
    Organizations: Stygian Blades sometimes form small organizations to achieve mutual goals, but there aren't enough of them to form large scale problems.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's react to Stygian Blades in much the same way they would a Necromancer, or any other caster using negative energy: mind bending fear.

STYGIAN BLADES IN THE GAME
    This PrC gives the Goblins some unexpected Necromantic backup. The negative energy artillery it provides evens the odds a little when the PC's come arriving.
    Adaptation: Horror campaigns work best for this class, but traditional fantasy campaigns work too.
    Encounters: Stygian Blades may be sent to assassinate PC's, or someone they have been asked to protect. Or perhaps they've been sent to soften up or sabotage communities before a raid. Or they rob graves for cannon fodder.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The local Orc tribe has become increasingly agitative lately. They're attacking the towns with increasing frequency, and it seems as if they are almost driven. A captured Orc warrior tells tales of horrifying dead things, and a shaman gone mad. He claims the raids aren't made by choice. The Shaman needs bodies for a plan...

Svetozar
    NE Male Goblin Ardent 5/Stygian Blade 7
    Init +2, Senses: Listen +10, Spot +10, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Goblin, Common, Giant, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 27, touch 17, flat-footed 25 (+1 Size, +2 Dex, +10 Armor, +4 Deflection)
    hp 54 (12 HD)
    Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +13
    ------------------------------------------------
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee Stygian Blade +1d8+4 (18-20)
    Base Atk +8, Grp +2
    Atk Options Stygian Blade +10 melee (1d8+4/18-20)
    Combat Gear 4 Cure Serious Wounds Potions
    Mantles Known Consumption, Death (Primary), Destruction (Primary), Evil, Pain and Suffering
    Powers Known 1st: Dissipating Touch, Hungry Touch, Stygian Discernment
    2nd: Death Knell (Psionic), Dissolving Touch, Dissolving Weapon, Stygian Ray
    3rd: Speak with Dead Psionic,
    4th: Power Leech
    5th: Psychotic Break, Stygian Dominion
    Manifester Level 10, Power Points 108
    Stygian Power +2
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 8
    SQ Assume Psionic Mantle, Stygian Power (Enlarge Power, Knockdown Power)
    Feats Combat Manifestation, Narrow Mind, Speed of Thought, Stygian Archon, Weapon Finesse
    Skills Autohypnosis +12, Concentration +9, Diplomacy +5, Hide +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Psionics, Religion) +10, Listen +10, Move Silently +12, Psicraft +8, Ride +6, Spot +10
    Possessions +5 Breastplate, +4 Ring of Protection, Torc of Power Preservation, Third Eye Concentrate, Ring of Chameleon Power, 4 Cure Serious Wounds Potions, 950 GP

EPIC STYGIAN BLADE

Hit Die: d6
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Manifester Level Manifester Level is equal t Character Level -3. You gan no additional power points or powers after 20th level.
    Stygian Combat Style Stygian Touch: At Level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter your touch attack powers do an additional +1d6 negative energy.
    Stygian Attack: Save DC increases by +2 at Level 21 and ever 3 levels thereafter.
    Stygian Blast: Ranged attack powers cost and additional 1 power point less to Manifest at Level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Stygian Power: At level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter choose an additional Metapsionic Feat. You may Manifest negative energy powers using that Feat without expending your Psionic Focus.
    Stygian Augment: Gain an additional Sneak Attack die at level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Stygian Rage: Your Surging Euphoria Bonus increases +1 at level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Stygian Blade gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-19 at 06:20 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #469

OOOoohh... I likes spooky psychic (and possibly psychotic) goblins!

Anyway, I've finally got the capstone for the Bleeding Medic up! I took Thel's idea and modified it a bit. The only thing is do you think it needs a save for half damage? The problem is that sometimes, the amount of damage wouldn't be enough for a save for half, especially for a capstone, but you could potientially amass alot of damage.

The power is reprinted below:
    Spoiler
    Show

Power of Blood (Su): Upon 7th level, a Bleeding Medic learns their last ability, the Power of Blood. A Bleeding Medic may have energy burst from their body, either healing or harming all caught in the blast. Once Per Encounter, a Bleeding medic may burst dealing or healing damage equal to the damage they've healed (themself or others), damaged, or been damaged in a 30ft radius burst centered on self. The Bleeding Medic also half the amount of damage delt or healed. This functions once per encounter, only counts damage delt or healed during the encounter, and an encounter ends after 5 minutes of non-strenuous activity.

Example: Larry the Bleeding Medic has dealt 20 damage and healed 24 damage this encounter (12 points being himself). Larry then can burst with 44 points of energy, damaging or healing all creatures within 30ft of himself also healing himself 22 points in the process.

20. - Top - End - #470

Since the concept is Open Game Content, I was thinking of making a new bloodline for the bugbear, possibly a minor one for orcs and hobs if that's feasible (feats if not). What does everyone think of that?
    LGBTitP

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Since the concept is Open Game Content, I was thinking of making a new bloodline for the bugbear, possibly a minor one for orcs and hobs if that's feasible (feats if not). What does everyone think of that?
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

OOOoohh... I likes spooky psychic (and possibly psychotic) goblins!

Anyway, I've finally got the capstone for the Bleeding Medic up! I took Thel's idea and modified it a bit. The only thing is do you think it needs a save for half damage? The problem is that sometimes, the amount of damage wouldn't be enough for a save for half, especially for a capstone, but you could potientially amass alot of damage.
    Hmm.....tough one that....I'll have to think on it
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #473

Rappy: You're welcome to experiment here!

Bhu: Yeah, I'm leaning toward having a save after I've thought about it. It's a 1/Per Encounter being the biggest thing. If it was 1/Day, then no save. Anyway, you could easily use a Cure/Inflict Critical Wounds and get I think around 4d8+20 heal/damage or pulling off a Cure/Inflict X Mass spell and get even more damage. Not to mention if they previously casted a Heal/Harm spell. That could be around 150+ damage. So yeah, save for half.

Edit: Also thinking about that, I need to really take it down a notch, possibly even damaging yourself a bit because of the mass amounts of energy coming from your body.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-12-16 at 05:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Y'all will wish to peek at the Pain Totem on page 1. Kitteh has a surprise for you...
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #475

Maybe it's my horrible cold, but I can't really see any difference...

Bleh, damn cold. I'm going to create a PrC centered around debuffing/causing sickness; anyone have any starting ideas?

Also, I edited the Bleeding Medic capstone. I added a DC 15 + Wis Mod Will save for half damage and took out the self healing part.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-12-17 at 08:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476

Well, I took to heart the fact that bloodlines tend to be for 5+ hd monsters, so I made a feat instead. Tell me what you think, and what could be changed.

Goblinoid-Blooded [Initial]
    You have goblinoid blood running through your veins, to the shock and queasy faces of your fellow kind.
    Prerequisites: Humanoid that isn't a goblinoid.
    Benefits: You gain the goblinoid subtype and darkvision out of 60 feet (if you don't have it already).
    Last edited by Rappy; 2008-12-21 at 05:37 AM.
    LGBTitP

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it's my horrible cold, but I can't really see any difference...

Bleh, damn cold. I'm going to create a PrC centered around debuffing/causing sickness; anyone have any starting ideas?

Also, I edited the Bleeding Medic capstone. I added a DC 15 + Wis Mod Will save for half damage and took out the self healing part.
    You will notice that there are now Epic levels at the bottom. And I edited the Feats a lil.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Bhu: I also notice, provided that I'm not forgetting what it once was, the removal of sorcerer levels to get in. Provided that's true, the example character needs to be fixed for that.

Rappy: As for the Goblinoid-Blooded feat, that's a lot of stuff to put in a single feat, considering the Races of Destiny equivalent feat, Human Heritage, just gives the Human subtype and maybe extra skill points. I'd maybe cut what you're offering in the feat to one thing (either the skill bonus or Darkvision, i think) and then make some additional feats to show you cultivating your goblinoid heritage, maybe make them like some of the other Heritage feat chains, in which they all get better as you get more feats in the chain. That would be all sorts of nifty =3
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    Well, I took to heart the fact that bloodlines tend to be for 5+ hd monsters, so I made a feat instead. Tell me what you think, and what could be changed.

Goblinoid-Blooded [Initial]
    You have goblinoid blood running through your veins, to the shock and queasy faces of your fellow kind.
    Prerequisites: Humanoid that isn't a goblinoid.
    Benefits: You gain the goblinoid subtype. In addition, you have a +4 bonus to Move Silently checks, a +2 bonus to attack rolls against elves, and darkvision out of 60 feet (if you don't have it already).
    I think you overdid it a bit, Rappy. Skill Focus might be an underpowered feat, but I still think no feat should be strictly better than another unless it's part of a tree. My advice? Go ahead and do some bloodlines for it. The added diplomacy with goblinoids from "Goblinoid Affinity" would be much more useful than the Dragon or Elemental or whatever other more rarely-used affinities the other bloodlines give.
    Characters:
    None right now!

30. - Top - End - #480

Ah, I did see the Epic Levelness for the Pain Totem. That's cool. The feats also look like good feats to take because I remember them being somewhat weak.

Anyway, anyone got some starting ideas for a sickness/debuffing PrC? I'm trying to think of some myself.