New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Alrighty, here're the orcs in my campaign.

Orcs
    +2 Con, -2 Int
    Medium: As Medium creatures, Orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    Orc base land speed is 30 feet.
    Low-Light Vision: An orc can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    Weapon Proficiency: Orcs receive the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat for the Orcish Goleyo.
    +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
    +2 racial bonus on Climb, Swim, Listen and Spot checks.
    Favored Class: Barbarian (male) or Druid (female).

Goleyo: 2d4 damage, 19-20 x2 critical. 10 ft. range increment, 2 lbs., slashing damage. The Goleyo doubles as a set of artisan's tools.
    Last edited by Jergmo; 2009-10-24 at 01:15 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    DM: "Sunder the wall?! WT**** kind of tactics are these!?"
    Me: The kind that armies have been using for millennia.
    DM: They didn't do it with swords!
    Me: Which makes us so much cooler.

Player: Where are the babau in relation to everyone else?
    Me: They're right behind you. Vesil is covered in Loki's blood. That is their location in relation to you.
    Player: I was just wondering about a fireball.

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

what exactly is the goleyo?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #843

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    what exactly is the goleyo?
    It's another name for the hunga munga, basically. It just seemed like a really cool and fitting weapon.

Spoiler
    Show

Me: They're right behind you. Vesil is covered in Loki's blood. That is their location in relation to you.

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Got most of the Flamers Blast SHape and Eldritch Essence Invocations up. How abotu i change the name to Tannaruk Arsonist?
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Got most of the Flamers Blast SHape and Eldritch Essence Invocations up. How abotu i change the name to Tannaruk Arsonist?
    The class is less about setting fires and more about cultivating their demonic heritage, so I don't think Arsonist is quite right, either.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    The class is less about setting fires and more about cultivating their demonic heritage, so I don't think Arsonist is quite right, either.
    True but they do rely on Brimstone Blast a lot. And they are used as arsonists by their masters.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Does Eldritch Reel seem okay? If not I'm gonna remove it and replace the Rendng Blast there.
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Got most of the new Invocations up (may add some fire related ones). Also still trying to decide where to put hte Rending Blast.
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

3 more Invocations to figure out and we can start the next one
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Got the Flamer (now the Arsonist) done. On to the Pandemonicus!

PANDEMONICUS

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"It's not rage that drives me, it's competition."

Many Tanarruk are perfectly willing to be ordinary Berserkers like their Orcish brethren. Some however feel the calling of heir demonic ancestry, and begin to dabble in the powers all Tanarruk have lying within them. Eventually they end up more Demon than Orc, and they either leave this world for the Abyss, or cause much grief before they die.

BECOMING A PANDEMONICUS
    Any Tanarruk Barbarian who eventually turns to spontaneous arcane spellcasting can become a Pandemonicus.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Tanarruk
    Class Abilities: Rage
    Spellcasting: Must be able to cast Arcane spells without preparation
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) 2 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks
    Feats: Extend Rage, Instantaneous Rage
    Alignment: Must be Chaotic Evil

Class Skills
    The Pandemonicus' class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes), Listen (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Survival (Wis)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +2     +0     +2    Demonic Rage
    2. +1    +3     +0     +3    Demonic Power, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    3. +2    +3     +1     +3    Demonic Endurance, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    4. +3    +4     +1     +4    Demonic Rage
    5. +3    +4     +1     +4    Demonic Power, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    6. +4    +5     +2     +5    Demonic Endurance, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    7. +5    +5     +2     +5    Demonic Rage
    8. +6    +6     +2     +6    Demonic Power, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    9. +6    +6     +3     +6    Demonic Endurance, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    10.+7    +7     +3     +7   Demonic Transformation, +1 Level of Arcane casting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Pandemonicus gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Demonic Rage (Su): Your Pandemonicus and Barbarian levels stack for purposes of determining how many times per day you can Rage. You also gain some new abilities while Raging: At 1st level when Raging, your Spell Resistance increases by an amount equal to your Charisma Modifier. You also become immune to poison whether you're raging or not.

At 4th level you get Damage Reduction x/Good or Cold Iron while raging, where x is equal to your Charisma score (maximum DR 15).

At 7th level you are immune to electricity while raging.

Demonic Power (Su): As a Free Action, while Raging you may "lose" a spell to enhance the offensive abilities you have gained from your demonic parentage (or that are waiting latently within your system). At 2nd level you can "lose" a spell with the Chaos descriptor to temporarily turn all weapons (including natural weapons, grapples, and unarmed strikes) you wield for the next x rounds (where x is equal to the spells level) as Anarchic weapons. You may only use Demonic Power while Raging.

At 5th level you can "lose" a spell with the Evil descriptor to temporarily turn all weapons (including natural weapons, grapples, and unarmed strikes) you wield for the next x rounds (where x is equal to the spells level) as Unholy weapons. You may also "lose" 2 such spells at the same time to have Anarchic and Unholy attacks.

At 8th level you can "lose" a spell with the Chaos or Evil descriptor to temporarily increase the damage of all weapons (including natural weapons, grapples, and unarmed strikes) you wield for the next x rounds (where x is equal to the spells level) if they make a successful critical. All critical confirmation rolls get a Profane Bonus equal to the level of the spell lost, and if they successfully critical they do an additional 1d6 Profane damage per level of the spell.

Demonic Endurance (Su): As a Free Action, while Raging you may "lose" a spell to enhance the defensive abilities you have gained from your demonic parentage (or that are waiting latently within your system). At 3rd level you can "lose" a spell to gain Energy Resistance x to any 1 type of energy of your choice for the duration of your Rage (you can choose to lose up to 3 spells at a time, thus choosing up to 3 energy types per Rage). X is equal to the spells level plus your Charisma Modifier. You may only use Demonic Endurance while Raging.

At 6th level you can "lose" a spell to gain a Profane Bonus on one type of Saving Throw for the Duration of your Rage. You can lose three spells to gain a Bonus to all three Saving Throw types.

At 9th level you can "lose" a spell to gain Fast Healing equal to the level of the spell (i.e. a first level spell gives you Fast Healing 1) for the duration of your Rage.

Demonic Transformation (Ex): The Pandemonicus becomes a demon at level 10, gaining the Chaotic, Evil, Extraplanar, and Tanar'ri Subtypes (and losing the Native Subtype). It also gains a permanent +4 increase to both Strength and Charisma. Once per day it may attempt to Summon a Dretch or 2 Manes with a 50% chance of success.

PLAYING A PANDEMONICUS
    Mercy is for the weak. You don't need love or compassion, or acceptance. Your hate keeps you company in the lonely hours, and it your one true friend. Hate was with you from the day you were born screaming into the world, and hate will be there when you are lain into your grave. No one else can or will be there for you with that kind of dedication.
    Combat: The Pandemonicus relish combat, and fling themselves happily into any fight that comes their way. Believing their powers give them an edge over mortal opponents, they have faith that evil will always overcome good, because of goods many inherent weaknesses.
    Advancement: Most Pandemonicus walk a pretty similar path of violence and bloodshed before being murdered either by religious crusaders, victims who were more powerful than they looked, or their own fellows.
    Resources: Most Pandemonicus are trained as warriors, and will have connections to their tribes military. But they have also forsaken Gruumsh for the Abyss, which places them at odds with the usual Orcs religious fanaticism. Tribal deserters often become members of demonic cults as they think of it as their new tribe.

PANDEMONICUS IN THE WORLD
    "Most people need to confront their inner demons, not embrace them."
    You wield power granted by your demonic ancestry. The second people connect you to Demons, it's all over for you in most civilized lands. Being Orcih certainly doesn't help your case either.
    Daily Life: Pandemonius spend their days wreaking havoc. Whether it's doing something they've been ordered to, or they just went looking for trouble out of boredom, it's never pretty. It also leads to htem keeping a much higher profile than they should.
    Notables: Char (CE Female Tanarruk Barbarian 5/Sorcerer 1/Pandemonicus 1) is a loyal, but not too incredibly bright enforcer of a cult dedicated to Malcanthet. Rather an odd choice for a Tanarruk, but she's made herself passably useful at murdering the cults enemies.
    Organizations: All Pandemonicus worship Demon Lords, and are often found belonging to cults. Those choosing to remain among the Orcs must at least pretend fealty to Gruumsh if they wish to not be killed or exiled, and htey are never accepted by the church.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's are terrified of the Pandemonicus, and for good reason. Most of the Tannaruk are already pretty dark, but the Pandemonicus are looking past this world towards the next. They don't care how much damage they take or receive here, because they intend to leave the Prime behind them when they move on towards what they consider to be their destiny.

PANDEMONICUS IN THE GAME
    This is a pretty dark class, and it ends in the PC becoming a Demon. Meaning it might be better off for PC's in some campaigns.
    Adaptation: This is definitely meant for darker campaigns.
    Encounters: Pandemonicus can be encountered in fights with the Tanarruk or Demon cults. Rarely they are sent on missions away from supervision, but their scorched earth type of fighting makes their handlers reluctant to turn them loose.

Sample Encounter
    EL 15: "Of course killing children is wrong. But if I hadn't killed them it would have been a tragedy. Whats the point of letting a bunch of ignorant peasants with no life in front of them grow up to make more ignorant peasants?"

"Besides the looks on the faces of their parents when I pulled them limb from limb was just too delicious to pass up."

Char
    CE Female Tanarruk Barbarian 5/Sorcerer 1/Pandemonicus 1
    Init +6, Senses: Listen +7, Spot +7, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Abyssal, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 29, touch 17, flat-footed 27 (+2 Dex, +4 Natural, +8 Armor, +5 Deflection)
    AC Raging 27, touch 15, flat-footed 25 (-2 Rage, +2 Dex, +4 Natural, +8 Armor, +5 Deflection)
    hp 62 (12 HD)
    Fort +11 (+13 Raging), Ref +7, Will +8 (+10 Raging)
    Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense +1
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee Bite +14 melee (1d6+4) or +1 Great Axe +15/+10 (1d12+5)
    Melee Raging Bite +16 melee (1d6+6) or +1 Great Axe +17/+12 (1d12+7+1d8)
    Base Atk +10, Grp +14
    Atk Options Rage 5/day, Demonic Rage
    Combat Gear 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Spells Per Day 0: 6 (DC 12)
    1st: 4 (DC 13)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 18 (22 raging), Dex 14, Con 13 (17 raging), Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 14
    SQ Fire Resistance 10, SR 26, Control Flame, Orc Blood, Fast Movement
    Feats Extend Rage, Extra Rage, Improved Initiative, Instantaneous Rage, Mad Foam Rager
    Skills Climb +6, Concentration +3, Hide +10, Intimidate +10, Jump +5, Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) +1, Listen +7, Search +7, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +3, Spot +7, Survival +1
    Possessions +1 Berserker Brash Unholy Surge Great Axe, +5 Ring of Protection, +8 Bracers of Armor, Ring of Spell-Battle, 2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 180 GP

EPIC PANDEMONICUS

Hit Die: d8
    Rage You gain one additional daily use of Rage at level 24, and every 4 levels thereafter.
    Spells Your caster level continues to increase with Epic levels, but you do not gain new spells per day, or learn new spells.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Pandemonicus gains a Bonus Feat every x levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-11-07 at 06:32 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

oops, double post
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-10-31 at 05:56 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I got the first update of the Pandemonicus up. Should be obvious what I'm going for here.
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

I suppose there won't be any actual casting involved with this class, just burning slots for abilities. Just be careful when making the abilities that its feasible for them to do so while in a rage, as that whole "No Concentration" thing can kick you in the ass mighty quickly if you're careless.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

No worries. Had that in mind. Got the fluff up for the most part, just need to put up the abilities.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

ANy thoughts on Demonic Rage as written?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Pandemonicus just needs capstone and tis done.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

ANy thoughts on Demonic Rage as written?
    I find it a little odd to base the bonii off of Charisma, which kinda forces the poor Tanarukk into Monk level MADness. If Demonic Rage natively granted a Charisma bonus, I'd think it was okay but, well, it doesn't.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    I find it a little odd to base the bonii off of Charisma, which kinda forces the poor Tanarukk into Monk level MADness. If Demonic Rage natively granted a Charisma bonus, I'd think it was okay but, well, it doesn't.
    Perchance might you feel better now that I have added the capstone?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

The capstone helps a bit, yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    It's another name for the hunga munga, basically. It just seemed like a really cool and fitting weapon.
    While I love those weapons (especially the top left and bottom left examples, from the linked page), what sort of artisan's tools would they serve as? They also should weigh at least 4 or 5 lbs, IMO.
    Last edited by Set; 2009-11-05 at 03:57 PM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

TANARRUK DEMONSWORD

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"One sword keeps another in the sheath."

With all the conflict between Orcs and Elves it was inevitable that one day some enterprising Orcs would learn the secrets of the Elven Duskblades. The Tannaruk just got there first given their connection to the Abyss. It's a lot easier to learn magic when your Demon parent can simply torture it out of someone.

BECOMING A TANARRUK DEMONSWORD
    Demonswords all begin as Duskblades, and eventually learn to access new powers due to their demonic ancestry.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Tannaruk
    Class Features: Spell Power +2
    Skills: Concentration 6 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks
    Feats: Battle Caster, Spell Focus (Any school)

Class Skills
    The Tanarruk Demonsword's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (any)(Int), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Hit Dice: d8

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +0     +2    Enchant Weapon, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    2. +2    +3     +0     +3    Advanced Learning, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    3. +3    +3     +1     +3    Enchant Armor, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    4. +4    +4     +1     +4    Enchant Weapon, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    5. +5    +4     +1     +4    Advanced Learning, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    6. +6    +5     +2     +5    Enchant Armor, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    7. +7    +5     +2     +5    Enchant Weapon, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    8. +8    +6     +2     +6    Arcane Channeling (Full Attack), +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    9. +9    +6     +3     +6    Enchant Armor, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    10.+10   +7     +3     +7   Sword of the Abyss, +1 level of Arcane spellcasting class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Demonsword gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Enchant Weapon (Su): At 1st level the Demonsword begins to gain the ability to "lose" a spell to temporarily enchant a weapon he wields with a magical ability for 1 round plus 1 round per level of the spell (i.e. 1 round for a 0 level spell, 2 rounds for a 1st level spell, etc). Or he may lose a spell to gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls with the weapon equal to the spells level (duration is same, this stacks with any Enhancement Bonus the weapon may already have from being magic itself, but not from those given by spells/powers/effects). For some of these he may not have a spell of the appropriate descriptor at the time he gains this ability, but he can still use the options requiring them once he gains an appropriate spell. All weapon properties mentioned may be found in either the DMG or the Magic Item Compendium:

Bane: Lose any 1 spell from the Conjuration school.
    Corrosive: Lose any 1 spell with the Acid descriptor.
    Defending: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Eager: Lose any 1 spell from the Divination school.
    Flaming: Lose any 1 spell with the Fire descriptor.
    Frost: Lose any 1 spell with the Cold descriptor.
    Ghost Touch: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Illusion Bane: Lose any 1 spell from the Divination school.
    Keen: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Magebane: Lose any 1 spell from the Evocation school.
    Maiming: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Mindfeeder: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Paralyzing: Lose any 1 spell from the Enchantment school.
    Screaming: Lose any 1 spell with the Sonic descriptor.
    Shattermantle: Lose any 1 spell from the Divination school.
    Shock: Lose any 1 spell with the Electricity descriptor.
    Sundering: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Throwing: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Thundering: Lose any 1 spell with the Sonic descriptor.
    Warning: Lose any 1 spell from the Divination school.
    Weakening: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.

At 4th level he may lose any spell of 3rd level or higher to gain Weapon properties from the following list:

Acidic Burst: Lose any 1 spell with the Acid descriptor.
    Anarchic: Lose any 1 spell with the Chaos descriptor.
    Collision: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Domineering: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Doom Burst: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Enervating: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Fiercebane: Lose any 1 spell from the Conjuration school.
    Flaming Burst: Lose any 1 spell with the Fire descriptor.
    Ghost Strike: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Icy Burst: Lose any 1 spell with the Cold descriptor.
    Impedance: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Paralytic Burst: Lose any 1 spell from the Enchantment school.
    Parrying: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Screaming Burst: Lose any 1 spell with the Sonic descriptor.
    Shocking Burst: Lose any 1 spell with the Electricity descriptor.
    Unholy: Lose any 1 spell with the Evil descriptor.
    Vampiric: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Wounding: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.

At 7th level he may lose any spell of 4th level or higher to gain Weapon properties from the following list:

Cursespewing: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Ethereal Reaver: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Implacable: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Soulbreaker: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Souldrinking: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Speed: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Unholy Surge: Lose any 1 spell with the Evil descriptor.

Advanced Learning (Ex): At 2nd level the Demonsword learns 1 spell per point of Intelligence Score above 10 from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list of any level he can currently cast (ie. if he can cast up to 3rd level Duskblade spells, he can learn any Sorcerer/Wizard spell of up to third level). He cannot actually cast these spells, but he can use a spell slot to sacrifice them to use his Enchant Weapon or Enchant Armor abilities.

At 5th level he adds additional spells equal to (Int Score-10).

Enchant Armor (Su: At 3rd level the Demonsword begins to gain the ability to "lose" a spell to temporarily enchant any armor he wears (or shield he wields) with a magical ability for 1 round plus 1 round per level of the spell (i.e. 1 round for a 0 level spell, 2 rounds for a 1st level spell, etc). Or he may lose a spell to gain a bonus to AC equal to the spells level (duration is same, this stacks with any Enhancement Bonus the armor may already have from being magic itself, but not from those given by spells/powers/effects). For some of these he may not have a spell of the appropriate descriptor at the time he gains this ability, but he can still use the options requiring them once he gains an appropriate spell. All armor properties mentioned may be found in either the DMG or the Magic Item Compendium:

Acidic: Lose any 1 spell with the Acid descriptor.
    Bashing: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Blinding: Lose any 1 spell from the Evocation school.
    Ghost Ward: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Light Fortification: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Styptic: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.

At 6th level he may lose any spell of 3rd level or higher to gain Armor properties from the following list:

Animated: Lose any 1 spell from the Transmutation school.
    Arrow Deflection: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Axeblock: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Energy Immunity: Lose any 1 spell with the appropriate Energy descriptor.
    Hammerblock: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Retaliation: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Shadow: Lose any 1 spell from the Illusion school.
    Silent Moves: Lose any 1 spell from the Illusion school.
    Spearblock: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.

At 9th level he may lose any spell of 4th level or higher to gain Weapon properties from the following list:

Ghost Touch: Lose any 1 spell from the Necromancy school.
    Invulnerability: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.
    Moderate Fortification: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.

Arcane Channeling (Su): Identical to the ability 13th level Duskblades gain on page 20 of PHB II.

Sword of the Abyss (Su): Once per day at 10th level you may lose any 1 spell of fifth level to transform your weapon into an Abyssal Blade for the duration of the encounter. An Abyssal Blade is a +5 Anarchic Unholy Surge Weapon. It cannot be Sundered or Disarmed.

PLAYING A TANARRUK DEMONSWORD
    As a professional killer, you earn a much better living than most mercenaries, and definitely a much better living than the other members of your tribe. Your connections in the merc world also allow you to travel freely, acting as a spy for the Abyss as well as performing your duties for paying clients.
    Combat: Demonswords prefer melee combat where they gain the full use of their powers, but they do save a few spells back for the occasional ranged opponent. And unlike many melee fighters they don't have as much need to acquire a magic weapon.
    Advancement: Most concentrate on their combat skills as that's what gets them hired and allows them to carry out acts of subterfuge for their demonic ancestors.
    Resources: The Demonswords are killers for hire, and as a mercenary group they almost always enjoy a patron of some kind. Usually one with lots of money, and little in the way of scruples.

TANARRUK DEMONSWORDS IN THE WORLD
    "Watch that Orc over there, if he is an Orc. There have been reports he has a blade made of lightning and fire."
    Despite usually being Chaotic Evil, most Demonswords have more self control than the average CE mercenary, and refrain from pointless acts of violence in order to continue their charade of professionalism. In reality they're just as crazy as their brethren, they just find ways to channel that for their own purposes.
    Daily Life: Usually you're either guarding someone important (or at least rich), ir killing someone else on their behalf. Unless the Demons want you to do something in which case you have to achieve their goals without it looking like you're doing a job on the side.
    Notables: Kiba (CE Female Tanarruk Duskblade 6/Tanarruk Demonsword 1) is a local celebrity, hired to guard the richest (and most depraved) nobles from the peasants who would see them meet their all too deserving end. Ironically the local Demonic cults would also like to see the nobles deposed, and she works for their cause in secret.
    Organizations: The Demonswords are a professional mercenary organization with a large (and rich) clientele, although they will work for less if they believe the client is deserving of their help (i.e. their Demonic masters tell them to). Many struggle with the need to seem less evil than they really are, and are eager for the day they can cast off their charade of civility for endless days of slaughter.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's aren't sure what to think of you. You act a lot different than other mercenaries, and even seem helpful sometimes. On the other hand you're still an Orc. A decidedly odd looking one at that. And your employers are...well some of them make the Orc tribes look respectable.

TANARRUK DEMONSWORDS IN THE GAME
    Being as the Demonswords work for Demons, the PC will either have to be Evil, or an unknowing pawn (which is unlikely). Make sure the group doesn't have a problem with this before allowing the class.
    Adaptation: This is possibly adaptable to various styles of campaigns, but it's probably suited for darker ones better.
    Encounters: As a mercenary group, the Demonswords can be found just about anywhere there is the potential for conflict. They also frequently hire out as bodyguards or enforcers, and can be found in urban environments as well.

Sample Encounter
    EL 15: The PC's have been told a local Duke has blackmailed a group of foreign Orcish mercenaries into serving him, and been tasked with the job of finding out what it is he has on them so the locals can get them on their side. Boy are they in for a surprise.

Kiba
    (CE Female Tanarruk Duskblade 6/Tanarruk Demonsword 1)
    Init +6, Senses: Listen +7, Spot +7, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Abyssal Orc, Common, Undercommon
    AC 40, touch 23, flat-footed 38 (+2 Dex, +4 Natural, +13 Armor, +6 Shield, +5 Deflection)
    hp 66 (12 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +8, Will +10
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Melee Bite +16 melee (1d6+4) or +5 Longsword +21/+16/+11 (1d8+9/19-20)
    Base Atk +12, Grp +16
    Atk Options Arcane Channeling, Enchant Weapon
    Combat Gear 6 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Spells Per Day 0: 6 (DC 12)
    1st: 7 (DC 13)
    2nd: 6 (DC 14)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 8, Cha 8
    SQ Fire Resistance 10, SR 21, Control Flame, Orc Blood, Arcane Attunement, Armored Mage (Medium), Quick Cast 1/day, Spell Power +2
    Feats Battle Caster, Greater Spell Focus (Necromancy), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Spell Focus (Necromancy), Combat Casting (B)
    Skills Concentration +13, Hide +10, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) +8, Listen +7, Search +10, Spellcraft +8, Spot +7
    Possessions +5 Light Steel Shield, +5 Full Plate, +5 Longsword, +5 Ring of Protection, Boots of Temporal Acceleration, 6 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 376 GP

EPIC TANARRUK DEMONSWORD

Hit Die: d8
    Spells: The Tanarruk Demonswords caster level continues to improve with Epic levels, but he does not gain extra spells per day or learn new spells.
    Enchant Weapon: Beginning at level 21 the Tanarruk Demonsword may lose any spell of 5th level or higher to gain Weapon properties from the following list:

Brilliant Energy: Lose any 1 spell from the Evocation school.

Enchant Armor: Beginning at level 21 the Tanarruk Demonsword may lose any spell of 5th level or higher to gain Armor properties from the following list:

Improved Shadow: Lose any 1 spell from the Illusion school.
    Improved Silent Moves: Lose any 1 spell from the Illusion school.
    Radiant: Lose any 1 spell from the Abjuration school.

Bonus Feats: The Epic Tanarruk Demonsword gains a Bonus Feat every 4 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-11-21 at 07:12 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow. Bhu you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much free time on your hands.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gamerkid View Post
    Wow. Bhu you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much free time on your hands.
    Actually I really dont. I just need a distraction from things every so often, and this is it.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

I see, well I have to say some of this stuff looks veeeeeeery interesting, also, any plans to make PDFs for all this stuff? (I just wish the cat burglar PDF wasn't so large, or i would print it out)
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

25. - Top - End - #865

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    While I love those weapons (especially the top left and bottom left examples, from the linked page), what sort of artisan's tools would they serve as? They also should weigh at least 4 or 5 lbs, IMO.
    I had considered making them heavier, but I wasn't certain; I just made them the same weight as a throwing axe. And from what I learned online, they're used as farming tools and used in construction.

Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gamerkid View Post
    I see, well I have to say some of this stuff looks veeeeeeery interesting, also, any plans to make PDFs for all this stuff? (I just wish the cat burglar PDF wasn't so large, or i would print it out)
    Eventually. Some of these definitely arent up to snuff for a .pdf. Plus I have to get teh revision of the Cat Burglar .pdf out of the way.
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Was there ever any PHB II errata? It mentions Duskblades get a certain amount of 0 level spells from their spell list. but looking at their list it doesn't mention any 0 level spells.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Was there ever any PHB II errata? It mentions Duskblades get a certain amount of 0 level spells from their spell list. but looking at their list it doesn't mention any 0 level spells.
    The PHB2 Errata doesn't mention anything about 0-level spells, either.

As for the Tanarruk Demonsword, it would actually make a bit more sense for them to be Hobgoblins, who have an established Duskblade tradition (at least according to MM IV or V, anyways, where statted Hobgoblin Duskblades appear). Or I suppose that the Tanarruks could have learned from the Hobgoblins, which makes some sense as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

So should I errata them to have access to all 0 level spells on the Wizard list do you think?
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

Well heck with it, I need to keep moving. Got Advanced Learning up, and part of Enchant Weapon. Should give you an idea where I'm going with this.
    Orcs and Goblins