New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Yes, although Eldritch can be used to describe any magic, usually arcane.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wasn't commenting on the actual meaning of the word, just its usage in DnD class names(unless that's what you're talking about).

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

So any thoughts on it other than hte name?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I like the idea of a barbarian spellcaster who casts during rage. You seem to have mostly ways to enhance the rage by sacrificing casting, but I think it would be cool if raging could actually give some kind of benefit to spells.

5. - Top - End - #155

Yea, you could easily work in an alternative class ability at 4th level for Armored Caster. Say only get Light Armor but then your Evocation Spells add your Cha Mod to damage or +1 damage/Berserk Level.

Then if anyone doesn't have anymore comments on the Iron Hob, I'll put up another PrC of mine.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

The Eldritch Berserker kinda steps on the toes of the Rage Mage from Complete Warrior (i believe that's where it's from), though I think I'd be hard up to decide which is better for the Orc berserker mage. I think I prefer Spell Rage from the Rage Mage but that's just me I guess.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #157

The only thing better about Spell Rage is that it ups your Caster Level equal to your character level while raging. Then at 5th Level Angry Spell which ups the DC by +2. Those are the only better benifits I see. Also, the Eldritch Berserker gains a good Will Save, and 4 Skill points/Level and I think can be taken earlier, which are decent benefits.

So Bhu, I would then definately put in an ability that augments your spells, either up the DC or up the damage, just something. Otherwise, I still think it is gine.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

What would I take out though?
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #159

I'm not sure. You probably could put in a variant for Armored Caster, stating that you get only Light Armor but also gain some extra damage.

The only way is probably to create a variant ability for certain levels and let players choose.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not sure you need to take out anything. You could just say "When raging, spells gain +whatever."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

WOuldn't it overpower them a lil? I mean eventually some of their spells will become supernatural abilities (which will increase the save DC already)
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, it seems similar to Rage Mage and I've heard that Rage Mage really isn't that good. Powering it up a little might not be too bad. Admittedly, I may not know what I'm talking about; it would be nice if someone with a better grasp on the rules would say something.
    Blue avatar by The Stoney One.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Halfling in the Playground

Grr... it ate my last post.

Well. Lets see if I can rewrite it.

When I was first starting out I threw some goblins against my group of 6 lvl 2's. They'd faced harder stuff... and easier stuff too. But when they realized they were facing goblins they all of a sudden began to exude this contempt... like they were facing a troup of iritable preschoolers. And that annoyed me. Goblins were supposed to be dangerous, treated warily and with respect... not like honorable mentions at the special olympics.

So first thing I did was tweek their stats. -2 str, +2 dex, -2 cha, and +2 int. I wanted them smart and cunning, so no wisdom as a dump stat. Goblins weren't nice, but they were clever. Then I took a page from WoW and MTG and made them technological. They used grenades, and there was few ways to target them before the bombs flew. They made copious use of alchemist fire and acid, and every goblin worth their salt carried contact and wound poison. They had hook knives that did more damage when removed than going in, sheilds with mousetrap like springs to disarm, and swords that exploded when disarmed. And those were just the low level goblins.

When they got higher they thought that they would be safer. Not so. They faced goblins who grafted adamantite blades to their fingers and plates to their limbs. They faced goblins who were frenzied on magical pcp. Goblins who forced demons to possess them for spell powers. And that was nothing compared to the wisards, rogues, and fighters they faced. And worse of all were their lairs. Traps that would make a rogue faint. Diseased filth tipped weapons (as in a trapped latrine... which caught the barbarian.) and tight crawlspaces.

I even changed their society a bit. They were more like anti-dwarves... excellent at ripping ore and jewels from the earth with no more consideration than if they were plucking a tasty morsel from a carcass. Goblins were interested in practical mining... and if the tailings poisoned an elven forest or blocked a river... well too bad for them. Goblins would do anything and everything they needed to to get ahead... and only their own tearing each other down kept them from outstripping humans and other races. Goblins went for the long odds, and weren't afraid to take a gamble and fail. Because that slim chance of success might make them the next goblin boss.

And of course by 8th level I had one player playing a 'rogue' goblin. (he was chaotic neutral, not chaotic evil).

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    WOuldn't it overpower them a lil? I mean eventually some of their spells will become supernatural abilities (which will increase the save DC already)
    Well now reading the entry for DC under Su abilities in the MM, the lower level spells will get a drastic increase in DC while the higher level ones get small or next to nothing.

So yea, if you intend to treat them as Su that need a spell slot, then the DC would go up. I would clarify this if you haven't already.

Also, I might add that you the Sp/Su spells you pick can have metamagic on them, but they always are metamagic-ed and take up the higher level slot. I.E. You could have a Sp/Su Empowered Magic Missle, but it would take up 3rd level slots and always be empowered.

Just a thought.

15. - Top - End - #165

Hobgoblin Bonerobber

"I can rip the skeleton right out of you and make you my soldier." - Dryash Zhaer

A Hobgoblin Bonerobber is a necromancer who specializes in Soldier Skeletons. Hobgoblins are a breed of military goblins and as such, your undead are trained soldiers. They fight with effeciency and are effective. You also start to take on aspects of your undead soldiers becoming more like them. Finally, they get the bonerobber ability if they are powerful enough. With that they can rip the skeleton out of someone and make it their own soldier.

BECOMING A Hobgoblin Bonerobber
    Hobgoblin Bonerobbers are necromancers who like skeletons. Usually a cleric gone bad or a wizard who likes to animate undead, any spellcaster capable of casting Animate Undead and Summon Undead qualifies. Usually Hobgoblin Bonerobbers have a level or two in a martial class such as fighter or ranger to help defend themselves.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    To qualify to become a Hobgoblin Bonerobber, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
    Race: Hobgoblin
    Feats: Corpse Crafter, Necromatic Presence
    Spells: Must be able to cast Animate Undead and two Summon Undead spells.
    Alignment: Any Non-Good

Class Skills
    Hobgoblin Bonerobber's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, Planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + Int Mod

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Soldiers Never Die, Loyal Soldier   --
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Goblin Brethren    +1 Level of existing Spellcasting
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Necrobody I        +1 Level of existing Spellcasting
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Summon Soldier                      --
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Elite Solider      +1 Level of existing Spellcasting
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Goblin Battalion OR Aura of Combat  --
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Bonesplitter       +1 Level of existing Spellcasting
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Necrobody II       +1 Level of existing Spellcasting
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Bonesickle                          --
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Bonerobber         +1 Level of existing Spellcasting
    Weapon Proficiencies: Hobgoblin Bonerobber gains proficiency in the Sickle and the Scythe and no armor proficiencies.

Soldiers Never Die (Ex): A soldier never dies, and a Hobgoblin Bonerobber knows this. All it takes it the right manipulation and they're soldiers again. Any skeleton the Bonerobber creates or animates, gains the Soldier Skeleton Template (LM p.162).
    Spoiler
    Show

Template that can be applied to a Skeletal Giant, Humanoid, or similar creature.
    -Gains: Combat Reflexes & Weapon Focus as bonus feats.
    -Gains: Cooperation – gains a +1 Circumstance bonus on attacks & AC for each Soldier Skeleton adjacent to it. If it flanks an opponent, it gains a +1 Circumstance bonus on attacks against that opponent.

Loyal Soldier: A Bonerobber's class levels stack with other class levels for determining familiar progression.

Spells per Day/Spells Known: At every Bonerobber level except first, fourth, sixth, and ninth a Bonerobber gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in an arcane or divine spellcasting class he possessed before adding the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, such as familiar progression. If he had multiple spellcasting classes, he picks one class to advance.

Goblin Brethren (Ex): A hobgoblin shares a greater bond with his goblin brothers. This extends even into death. Anytime a Bonerobber creates/animates a creature with the [Goblinoid] subtype, the undead gains one extra hitdice and it takes only half the amount of black onyx for animation/creation.

Necrobody I (Su): A Bonerobber starts to become infused with necromatic energy as it augments his body. His undead soldiers don't get fatigued or exhausted so why should he? A Bonerobber becomes immune to fatigue/exhaustion and sleep effects.

Summon Soldier (Ex): A Bonerobber relies on his soldiers for support and by using the Summon Undead spell, he can summon more of them from beyond the grave. A Bonerobber may summon the following skeletons by using the appropriate Summon Undead spell. Any bonuses that apply to the Soldier template apply to the summons.
    Spoiler
    Show

Summon Undead I
    Spoiler
    Show

Hobgoblin Soldier Skeleton
    Medium Undead
    Hit Dice: 1d12 (6 HP)
    Initiative: +6
    Speed: 30ft.
    Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +2 Natural, +2 Heavy Shield) touch 12, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+1
    Attack: Battleaxe +2 melee (1d8+1 20/x3) or Claw +1 melee (1d4+1)
    Full Attack: Battleaxe +2 melee (1d8+1 20/x3) or 2 Claws +1 melee (1d4+1)
    Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
    Special Attacks: --
    Special Qualities: Cooperaton, DR 5/Bludgeoning, Darkvision 60ft, Immune to Cold, Undead Traits
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +2
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 15, Con --, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills: --
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes, Weapon Focus (Battleaxe)
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Any
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always NE or that of controller
    Advancement: None
    Level Adjustment: --

Cooperation: Soldier Skeleton gains a +1 Circumstance bonus on attacks & AC for each Soldier Skeleton adjacent to it. If it flanks an opponent, it gains a +1 Circumstance bonus on attacks against that opponent.

Summon Undead II
    Spoiler
    Show

Hobgoblin Soldier Skeleton
    Medium Undead
    Hit Dice: 4d12 (26 HP)
    Initiative: +6
    Speed: 30ft.
    Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +2 Natural, +2 Heavy Shield) touch 12, flat-footed 14
    Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+3
    Attack: Longsword +5 (1d8+2 19-20/x2) or Claw +4 (1d4+2)
    Full Attack: Longsword +5 (1d8+2 19-20/x2) or 2 Claws +4 (1d4+2)
    Space/Reach: 5ft./5ft.
    Special Attacks: --
    Special Qualities: Cooperaton, DR 5/Bludgeoning, Darkvision 60ft, Immune to Cold, Undead Traits
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +4
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con --, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills: --
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes, Weapon Focus (Longsword)
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Any
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: NE or that of controller
    Advancement: None
    Level Adjustment: --

Cooperation: Soldier Skeleton gains a +1 Circumstance bonus on attacks & AC for each Soldier Skeleton adjacent to it. If it flanks an opponent, it gains a +1 Circumstance bonus on attacks against that opponent.

Elite Soldier (Ex): A Bonerobber's soldiers are top notch and elite troops. He only animates the best of the best. Any Skeleton that the Soldier template is applied to also gains the following qualities: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +1 Nat. Armor and Weapon Specialization as a bonus feat.

At 6th Level Choose either Aura of Combat or Goblin Battalion
    Aura of Combat (Su): A Hobgoblin Bonerobber emits an aura of combat and fighting. His soldiers gain a morale boost and fight harder. All undead under the Bonerobber's controll within 30ft gain a morale bonus to Attack and Damage rolls equal to your 1 + Cha Mod (Min +1).

Goblin Battalion (Ex): A Hobgoblin Bonerobber is a leader of goblins and always gains new goblin recruits. A Hobgoblin Bonerobber when using any Summon Undead to summon a Hobgoblin Soldier Skeleton summons one additional Hobgoblin Soldier Skeleton.

Bonesplitter (Su): A Bonerobber learns how to channel necromatic energy into bones causing them to explode, even when they're still inside someone called a Bonesplitter. 2/Day you may target any creature with a skeletal system within 30ft + (5ft per point of relavent casting ability mod) can cause one of their bones to explode. It deals 5d4 damage plus 1d4 Constitution damage with a Fortitude Save DC (10 + 1/2 HD + Cha Mod) to negate the Con damage. If a Bonerobber targets a skeleton with this ability, the bone explodes sending bone shards every where dealing 1d8 damage to all in a 10ft burst from the skeleton.

Necrobody II (Su): A Hobgoblin Bonerobber fuses even more with necromatic energy taking on more aspects of his soldier skeletons. His soldiers are immune to poison, disease, and can't be paralyzed or stunned so why should any of that stop him? A Hobgoblin Bonerobber becomes Immune to Poison, Disease, Paralysis, and Stunning effects. Although all this necromatic energy starts to interfere with his body and acceptance to Positive Energy for healing. A Hobgoblin Bonerobber heals only half the amount when any spell or ability is used to cure him of hit point damage or ability damage.

Bonesickle (Ex): A Hobgoblin Bonerobber finds that the sickle is a powerful weapon for killing even though it doesn't look like it. A Hobgoblin Bonerobber may summon/animate/create a Soldier Skeleton with a bonesickle replacing one of the skeleton's arms. The bonesickle is treated as a natural weapon and can not be used to hold any thing or preform any tasks involving the use of a hand; It can not be dropped or disarmed of it although it may be sundered (Hardness 6, HP 7). The bonesickle has the following stats: 1d8 Piercing or Slashing, 20/x4 Critical, can be used to make trip attempts.

Bonerobber (Su): Only the most powerful Bonerobbers gain this dreadful and sadistic power. This is where Bonerobbers earn their name. A Hobgoblin Bonerobber can try to rip the skeleton right out of someone killing them and then using the skeleton as their own tortured soldier. Using powerful necromatic energy, he causes the bones to vibrate and move violently, dealing major internal damage. 1/Day you can target any living creature with a skeletal system within 30ft (+5ft per point of relavent casting ability mod) dealing 10d6 damage, Fortitude Save DC (10 + 1/2 HD + Cha Mod) halves damage, plus 1d6 constitution damage with a Fortitude Save DC (10 + 1/2 HD + Cha Mod) negates the Con damage. If the creature is slain, the skeleton is then animated as an Elite Soldier Skeleton under your control.

PLAYING A Hobgoblin Bonerobber
    You are a Necromancer. A maniplulater of negetive energy and undead. You command a battalion of soldier skeletons and you use them to fight your battles for you. Sometimes you even fight side by side. Although when the going gets tough, it's time to rob some bones.
    Combat: Bonerobbers stand behind a battalion of soldier skeletons while he gives support with spells and ranged weaponry. Summoning more soldiers as needed sometimes you even get into the frey.
    Advancement: Bonerobbers usually go onto other classes that enhance their undead soldiers or their own necromatic power.
    Resources: Bonerobbers are usually on their own. Robbing graveyards for skeletons to animate and sometimes killing for them as well. Other than that you might have a few friends who share your love of an undead army.

Hobgoblin Bonerobbers IN THE WORLD
    I swear those skeletons were trained soldiers. Then to add insult to injury, he animated my soldiers! - Rathin Dreath - One of four survivors of the 32nd S&R Brigade.
    A brief description of how your class is persevered in the world and how he interacts with the world.
    Daily Life: Some general information about the typical day in the life of your class.
    Notables: Make up some cool information about notable figures in the history of your class. It's best to give a little information from one of the good alignment and evil alignment (unless it's a good or evil only class).
    Organizations: Some information about organizations dedicated to the practice of your class and other organizations which members of your class will be attracted towards.

NPC Reaction
    This is an in detail description of how NPC's would perceive your class and the immediate generalization that people would give of your class.

Hobgoblin Bonerobbers IN THE GAME
    This is a good place to provide a quick note on how your class will effect game play statistically.
    Adaptation: This is a place where you put in detail how people can adapt your class into their campaign setting.
    Encounters: This is a place to describe what sort of encounters PC's will have with NPC versions of your class.

Sample Encounter
    Give an example of how one might encounter a member of this PrC.
    EL x: Give the encounter level and description of a sample member of this class and a stat block for him/her.

Dryash Zhaer
    LE/Male/Hobgoblin/Cleric 5/Fighter 2/Bonerobber 7
    Init +1, Senses: Listen +5, Spot +5,
    Languages Common, Goblin, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 21 (+1 Dex, +6 Armor, +3 Shield, +1 Ring of Protection) touch 15, flat-footed 20
    hp 74 (5d8+5 +2d10+2 +7d6+7 HD)
    Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +13
    Speed 30ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +1 Unholy Longsword +11 (1d8+2 19-20/x2 plus 2d6 to all good creatures) or +1 Unholy Longsword +11/+6 (1d8+2 19-20/x2 plus 2d6 to all good creatures)
    Base Atk +8/+3, Grp +9
    Atk Options Bonesplitter, Power Attck
    Combat Gear Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
    Spells Prepared 6/5+1/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1 Domains: Destruction & War
    Domain Power: Smite 1/Day - +4 Attack, +5 Damage
    0 Level - Detect Magic (2), Light (2), Read Magic, Resistance
    1st Level - Summon Undead I (2), Magic Weapon, Divine Favor, Entropic Sheild, Doom
    2nd Level - Summon Undead II (2), Spiritual Weapon, Death Knell, Descrate, Deific Vengence
    3rd Level - Summon Undead III (2), Magic Vestment, Animate Dead, Cure Serious Wounds
    4th Level - Summon Undead IV (2), Divine Power, Weapon of the Deity
    5th Level - Summon Undead V, Flame Strike, Inflict Light Wounds, Mass
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 21, Cha 12
    SQ Darkvision 60ft, Rebuke Undead, Spontaneous Inflict, Necrobody I (Immune to Fatigue/Exhaushtion & Sleep), Aura of Combat, Summon Soldier, Elite Soldier, Goblin Battalion, Soldiers Never Die
    Feats Corpse Crafter, Necromatic Presence, Deadly Chill, Weapon Focus (Longsword), Power Attack, Shield Specialization (Light), Somatic Weaponry, Practiced Spellcaster
    Skills Climb +3, Concentration +10, Heal +8, Intimidate +7, Jump +3, Knowledge (Religion) +6, Spellcraft +6
    Possessions +1 Light Fortification Mithral Breastplate, +1 Unholy Longsword, +1 Ghost Ward Light Steel Shield, Amulet of Wisdom +2, Rod of Undead Mastery, Ring of Protection +1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-05-03 at 09:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Well now reading the entry for DC under Su abilities in the MM, the lower level spells will get a drastic increase in DC while the higher level ones get small or next to nothing.

So yea, if you intend to treat them as Su that need a spell slot, then the DC would go up. I would clarify this if you haven't already.

Also, I might add that you the Sp/Su spells you pick can have metamagic on them, but they always are metamagic-ed and take up the higher level slot. I.E. You could have a Sp/Su Empowered Magic Missle, but it would take up 3rd level slots and always be empowered.

Just a thought.
    Id thought about it but considering the benefits of a Supernatural ability vs a spell I thought people would find it overpowered if I'd allowed it.

Of course now would be the time for everyone to chime in.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #167

Well then you could say that it takes one more higher level, but then it gets to the point where it's worthless. Eh, it was just a thought.

Anyway, I've brought the Bonerobber up for PEACHing!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    Well then you could say that it takes one more higher level, but then it gets to the point where it's worthless. Eh, it was just a thought.

Anyway, I've brought the Bonerobber up for PEACHing!
    Whats teh Necromantic Presence Feat?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

I'd probably make the saves for the 10th level ability 10 +1/2 hit dice+Cha mod. Other than that I have no real objections.
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Whats teh Necromantic Presence Feat?
    Necromantic Presence is a feat from Libris Mortis that grants undead you control +4 turn resistance while w/in 30' of you.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #171

Yea, that is what it does. I edited the Save DC for Bonesplitter and Bone Robber and I'm thinking of changing around the 6th and 7th levels. That and making you choose between the Goblin Battalion and Aura of Combat at 6th Level and giving Bonesplitter at 7th level.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Kewl. I like it.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

TIGERSKIN BERSERKER

"Do not underestimate me based on appearance."

It's a rare Orc warrior who gets initiated into the Sublime Way, and most who do seem drawn to the Tiger Claw style. It meshes well with their Rage.

BECOMING A TIGERSKIN BERSERKER
    Most Tigerskin Berserkers begin as simple orc warriors before being adopted by a teacher of the Sublime Way.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Any Orcish
    Class Abilities: Rage, and at least Tiger Claw Stance and 3 Tiger Claw Maneuvers
    BAB: +6
    Feats: Rapid Assault, Tiger Blooded
    Skills: Jump 8 Ranks
    Special: May only have Tiger Claw Maneuvers and Stances.

Class Skills
    The Tigerskin Berserker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int

Hit Dice: d12

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    Raging Tiger
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    Pouncing Tiger
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    Tigers Wisdom
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    Raging Tiger
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    Pouncing Tiger
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    Tigers Wisdom
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    Pouncing Tiger
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    Raging Tiger
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    Tigers Wisdom
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    Tiger's Rage
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Tigerskin Berserker gains no new weapon or Armor Proficiencies.

Maneuvers: At each odd numbered level you gain a new Maneuver from the Tiger Claw discipline if you meet the prerequisites for it. You add your Tigerskin Berserker levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest level maneuvers known. At 3rd level you gain an additional maneuver readied per day.

Raging Tiger (Ex): At 1st level a Tigerskin Berserkers Class levels stack for determining how many times per day he can Rage. For example a Barbarian 1/Warblade 5/Tigerskin Berserker 5 is considered to be a 11th level Barbarian and can Rage 3 times per day.

At 4th level while Raging and using any Tiger Claw stance you do not take the -2 Armor Class penalty normally gained while Raging.

At 8th level while Raging you may perform any Tiger Claw maneuver that has a penalty to AC without receiving that penalty. For example, if you performed Rabid Wolf Strike while Raging you would not receive the -4 AC penalty.

Pouncing Tiger (Ex): At 2nd level you may expend 1 daily use of Rage to add half your Tigerskin Berserker level to the Bonus you get from your Battle Ardor ability as a Swift Action. This lasts the same number of rounds as your Rage does.

At 5th level you may expend 1 daily use of your Rage to do double your normal weapon damage with a successful charge attack (i.e. you decide to expend the Rage after the to hit roll is made).

At 7th level you may expend 1 daily use of Rage to add damage equal to your character level on a successful hit with a Tiger Claw maneuver. Your opponent must also make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half hit dice plus Strength Modifier) or be Stunned 1d3 rounds.

Tigers Wisdom (Ex): At 3rd level the Battle Axe and Orc Double Axe are considered associated weapons for your Tiger Claw maneuvers. You get a +2 Competence Bonus to Damage with weapons associated with the Tiger Claw style.

At 6th level you gain a +4 Competence Bonus when making an opposing roll against an opponents Disarm or Sunder attempts.

At 9th level you may always Take 10 on a Jump check.

Tigers Rage (Ex): When Raging, all of your maneuvers known are considered readied. When you drop out of Rage, none of them are.

PLAYING A TIGERSKIN BERSERKER
    Tigerskin Berserkers specialize in the Tiger Claw style. Most are obsessed with perfecting it, and proving that Orcs can be something other than dull witted barbarians who run screaming into combat.
    Combat: Ideally you'll go into Rage as quickly as possible to take advantage of your class abilities.
    Advancement: Most Orcs wield the Greataxe since it's the Tiger CLaw weapon they're most familiar with. Some do go the route of trying to be more exotic, but they are truly exemplary warriors.
    Resources: Tigerskin Berserkers can usually call upon their teacher or fellow students unless they were cast out for a constant loss of temper.

TIGERSKIN BERSERKERS IN THE WORLD
    "Hey Bob. You mind helping me pull this Kukri out of my left buttock. The Orc down the road is feeling merciful today."
    "What makes you say that Joe?"
    "Because he didn't put one in the other cheek too."
    Tigerskin Berserkers tend to be respected mercenaries in the world outside their tribe, but their taste of a different life and different philosophy alienates many of them from their fellows. They want something better than to just be a simple raider. Which means becoming a warchief and leading he tribe down a different path, or leaving for better places.
    Daily Life: Tigerskin Berserkers are always training, always looking for that edge, that way to prove to the world that their people can be better than just a brute with an axe.
    Notables: Baggi (CN Orc Female Barbarian 1/Warblade 5/Tigerskin Berserker 6) has violated one of the prime tenets of Orc society by becoming a warrior. Cast out from her tribe she now wanders as a mercenary pondering what to do with her life.
    Organizations: Tigerskin Berserkers usually help one another, but they really have no formal organizations.

NPC Reaction
    Tigerskin Berserkers fare about as well among NPC's as the average Orc Barbarian. Which is to say there's the usual screaming and pointing of fingers...

TIGERSKIN BERSERKERS IN THE GAME
    Tigerskin Berserkers might gain Orcs slightly more respect. People may begin to think of them as competent warriors as opposed to screaming savages. Which unfortunately might mean they get attacked more once they get taken seriously.
    Adaptation: Tigerskin Berserkers will always be odd men out. Too civilized for other Orcs, not civilized enough for other races.
    Encounters: Being as they tend to be mercs or killers for hire, PC's will often encounter a Tigerskin Berserker as an opponent hired by some organization.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The local Thieve's Guild is being murdered one by one. They've hired mercs to bolster their manpower, and Braggi is one. Told to be on the lookout for suspicious people, what could be more suspicious than 4 heavily armed drifters walking into town with loads of money.

Baggi
    CN Orc Female Barbarian 1/Warblade 5/Tigerskin Berserker 6
    Init +2, Senses: Listen +6, Spot +0, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Orc, Common
    AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19 (+2 Dex, +5 Armor, +4 Natural Armor)
    AC Raging 19, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (-2 Rage, +2 Dex, +5 Armor, +4 Natural Armor)
    hp 90 (12 HD), 114 hp Raging
    Fort +12, Ref +7, Will +3
    Battle Clarity +2, Uncanny Dodge
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares), 30 ft. in Armor
    Melee +2 Greataxe +17/+12/+7 (1d12+6)
    Melee Raging +2 Greataxe +19/+14/+9 (1d12+9+1d8)
    Base Atk +12, Grp +15 (+17 in Rage)
    Atk Options Battle Ardor +2 (+4 w/Pouncing Tiger), Rage 4/day, Raging Tiger, Pouncing Tiger, Tiger's Wisdom
    Combat Gear 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    Maneuvers and Stances Known: 1st: Blood in the Water, Gnawing Hyena, hunter's Sense, Hyena's Bite, Hyena Strike, Sudden Leap
    2nd: Claw at the Moon
    3rd: Flesh Ripper, Soaring Raptor Strike
    4th: Death from Above
    5th: Pouncing Charge
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 16 (20 Raging), Dex 14, Con 13 (15 Raging), Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 6
    SQ Illiteracy, Fast Movement
    Feats Tiger Blooded (B), Rapid Assault,
    Skills Climb +9 (+11 Raging), Concentration +7 (+9 Raging), Craft (Weaponsmithing) +8, Intimidate +6, Jump +11 (+13 Raging), Listen +6, Martial Lore +8, Survival +6
    Possessions Tigerskin Armor, +2 Brash Berserker Greataxe, Cloak of Predatory Vigor, +4 Amulet of Natural Armor, Boots of Jumping, 3 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 430 GP

Hyena Strike
    Tiger Claw (Strike)
    Level: Swordsage 1, Warblade 1
    Initiation Action: 1 Standard Action
    Range: Melee Attack
    Target: 1 Creature

You must fight with a two handed weapon to use this maneuver. You add double your Strength Modifier to the damage of this Strike.

Gnawing Hyena
    Tiger Claw (Strike)

You must fight with a two handed weapon to use this maneuver. You make a Sunder attempt against your opponents weapon without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it successful and the weapon is damaged instead of broken, it takes -2 penalty on to hit rolls until it is repaired.

Hyena's Bite
    Tiger Claw (Strike)

You must fight with a two handed weapon to use this maneuver. If you hit successfully and your opponent is flat-footed or denied his Dexterity Bonus to AC he is Dazed for 1 round.

EPIC TIGERSKIN BERSERKER

Hit Die: d12
    Skills Points at Each Level : 4 + int
    Maneuvers: Your Initiator Level is equal to your Character Level, but you gain no new Maneuvers after the 20th level.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Tigerskin Berserker gains a Bonus Feat every 2 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-02-10 at 05:11 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

No thoughts so far?
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Oh and I know technically there aren't enough Tiger Claw maneuvers to qualify for the TB yet, so I'll be making some.
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #176

Oh and I know technically there aren't enough Tiger Claw maneuvers to qualify for the TB yet, so I'll be making some.
    Bhu, there are 17 Tiger Claw maneuvers and you want 3 to qualify. There are enough maneuvers to make it five times over. Also the minimum level to get 3 Tiger Claw maneuvers is 3rd level.

Also, I would give at least one more maneuver readied at 6th level.
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2008-05-06 at 03:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

oopsie. I forgot to add one of the prerequisites of the class: May only have maneuvers from the Tiger Claw style.

Plus it was intended for Greataxe fighters, and many of the lower level Tiger Claw styles are for two weapon fighters.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2008-05-07 at 12:59 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

got any more goblin classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

There's a list of intended classes on the first page.
    Blue avatar by The Stoney One.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Im working on about 8 goblinoid classes as we speak. Will have some posted soon.
    Orcs and Goblins