Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default AMEN XXII: WARNING - Contents May Cause Insomnia, Nausea, Nightmares, and Psychosis

Welcome to AMEN

Previous Threads:

AMEN Trophy Case:

Spoiler
    Show

Want to join? Simple::

1. Wander aimlessly in.
    2. Avoid the random AMENites/HALOers who will attempt to kill you.
    3. Poke one of the current members until they hand you the paperwork.
    4. If the aforementioned current member you poke kills you rather than hands you the paperwork, then you didn't pay attention to step 2. Repeat steps 2 & 3.
    5. Sign the mountain of paperwork, preferably in your own blood, although anyone's blood will do.
    6. Prepare to have had your non-existent soul to have been sold to whoever gave you the legalese our leader-by-default, Cat Sinister.
    7. Congratulations! You're now an official AMENite! Do random stuff! Kill people! Make things explode!

And if you're just visiting, then please do not leave muddy footprints in the base. Also, please try to avoid bleeding all over the furniture. All those who visit should be aware that AMEN take no responsibility whatsoever for any torture/evil practices/soul stealing/spontaneous combustion/death that may occur to the individual visiting. Honest.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-03-22 at 10:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: AMEN XXII: May cause Insomnia, Nausea, Nightmares, and Psychosis [move to structu

PM puts up a large neon sign to alert everyone who may have missed it of the godmodding-immune status quo button that will activate whenever anything happens to the base.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Belkar the Gourmet Chef" avatar by Sampi.

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XXII: May cause Insomnia, Nausea, Nightmares, and Psychosis [move to structu

Flickerdart quickly deploys a fortress on the virgin landscape of the thread. He then spends some time pondering how many members on that banner still wage war against Good, and how many new ones have joined the ranks since.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2008-03-18 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #4

"Good news, guys. I managed to make the new thread without my player noticing. Hopefully, that'll be the last we'll see of him for a while."
    Uncle goes to claim the best room in the new base.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-03-18 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #5

To Festy's surprise, the fortress boasts rooms that defy the laws of making sense in an equal manner, and as such no room is better or worse than what its inhabitant makes of it. Except for giant man-eating scorpions that seem to persist no matter what. Flickerdart is nowhere to be seen to answer why this is the case.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2008-03-18 at 06:51 PM.
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

*wanders in pointlessly*

Some of you may not remember, but I used to be a member. Anyway, I'm back, and I will not sign any contracts with my blood, again.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas
    I sometimes stream games! Stop by and watch.

7. - Top - End - #7

Uncle yanks Flickerdart out of whatever extradimensional space he was occupying, and holds him up in the air while shouting in his face, "Festy! It's Festy! No i! Not Feisty, Festy! Yeesh," he says, dropping Flickerdart.
    ((Sorry. Mostly IC rudeness, with an added side of "irritation about people always getting my name wrong". ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

8. - Top - End - #8

"At least you didn't kill me. Kudos." Flickerdart says as he dusts off his behind. "Now, I'm not too familiar with AMEN's military, specifically in the area of siege weaponry and troop transports. What have we got?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Haruki grabs a new tome of Tsubasa and jumps on the couch to read.

*sniff* Azumanga was so awesome. Oh, now let's get to Tsubasa and............MegaTokyo? What's my player doing lately?

Anyway..... isn't anyone doing anything interesting lately?

10. - Top - End - #10

"I've been designing the greatest weapon in creation, the sword-keytar. It will make nations bow before its cutting power and awesome piano solos"
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

since I'm aparently part of amen, first of all, Saurus can stop telling me to get the hell out, and second, I think we should start a coup d'etat, join the french, beat the crap out of cat, then turn on the fren-... wait... I'm saying this out loud... aren't I....

yup...

damn.....

12. - Top - End - #12

Haruki looks up.

Coup d'etat?

..............nah. Maybe some other time. This just got interesting.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sheepofoblivion View Post
    since I'm aparently part of amen, first of all, Saurus can stop telling me to get the hell out, and second, I think we should start a coup d'etat, join the french, beat the crap out of cat, then turn on the fren-... wait... I'm saying this out loud... aren't I....

yup...

damn.....
    "It's SAUROUS! S-a-u-r-o-u-s! It isn't that freaking hard to pronounce or spell, people."
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    *wanders in pointlessly*

Some of you may not remember, but I used to be a member. Anyway, I'm back, and I will not sign any contracts with my blood, again.
    "Dragonprime's back! Woot!"
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

"Hey! Someone who remembers me!"
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

16. - Top - End - #16

they were actually talking about you about 7 pages (last thread) back...

@ Soraus:(that actually sounds cooler than saurous...) I'll spell things as I please, I could have looked at preview posts to find out how to spell your name but I didn't because I didn't feel like it...have an easy to pronounce name, like Oblivious Sheep/ Sheep of Oblivion, and people will pronounce/spell it right... Most of my characters are named Athren 'Liah for other things, and everyone called me laih, so I just used the SoO screen name so I wouldn't have to go through what I'm doing to you...

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by sheepofoblivion View Post
    @ Soraus:(that actually sounds cooler than saurous...)
    No. No it does not.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

Magtok glances at his watch.

I'm gonna be gone before HALO gets here. If anyone is actually online when they arrive, tell them I said hi. But do it with the barrel of a gun, whilst simultaneously telling them they aren't wanted here and they should go back to their Octopus's garden before I come back and make them regret breaking into our home.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Magtok Avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #19

there is no wrong answer to opinions (also, that avatar doesn't seem too temporary...)

20. - Top - End - #20

Agreed. Sauros is just better.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #21

mah, that was partially said just to annoy him, but whatever... (was that misspelledness intentional?)

22. - Top - End - #22

Flickerdart walks back into the room.
    "I just finished setting up plot devices around the perimeter. They trigger upon kicking a puppy, so the HALOers can't use them. Just be careful not to activate them while you're kicking puppies in your spare time."

23. - Top - End - #23

Gwyn set's up his stuff on the high arched, gothic cieling of the main lobby. His bed is in the corner of an arch, lit by a single candle. He also has several chairs, a table, and a refrigerator, looking out of place among all the stark medieval era simple furniture.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

24. - Top - End - #24

Uncle stares at the puppy he just kicked. "Now he tells me."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

"Don't worry. The devices won't trigger from here, and I haven't done the insides yet. Can you imagine? These fortresses don't come with plot devices as a pre-installed option!" says Flickerdart as he brings the Spontaneous Cute Puppy Generator online. "There. Plenty of those little buggers will start appearing on the outskirts soon enough."

26. - Top - End - #26

*sets explosives everywhere... Everywhere.... that includes people... also critical areas of places...*

*sees puppy...*

*Hugs the puppy...*

Spoiler
    Show
    BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM MMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops... bad place to keep a detonater *takes detonator out of jacket pocket*

*spirit kicks spirit of Puppy, activating plot device which *control Z!!*'s this post....*

and if that doesn't work... use cheapness awesomeness to undo this post!!!
    Last edited by sheepofoblivion; 2008-03-18 at 08:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Cat looks around.

"Alright things are moving along, thats good. Oh look here.. It seem Magtok left a very large army of psychotic cyborgs simply aching to cut through the flesh of innocents, or at least kill HALOers."

28. - Top - End - #28

"Hmmm, it seems that we need another dastardly plan involving The Town"
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'd rather wait until after this whole war thingy between Us HALO and the French Rebels lead by my adaptive daughter blows over but, if it kills time sure."

Ragged columns of heavy armed demon mobsters begin marching through several planar gates that appear. Cat Sinister peers more closely at dragonprime

"I don't think I know you, I might have saw you before some time though."

30. - Top - End - #30

Do we HAVE to do this?

They just suddenly decided to attack our base without any consent when they know we're running on a Plot-free system? What if I don't want to get into any more arguments with those guys anymore?