New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: A Zombie's London IC

James

And theres my time to leave!

James sprints off to the north, smoothly vaulting, running on and sliding over the cars and heavy traffic

Spoiler
    Show
    Skills time! Free running away

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sam

Sam runs after James, trying to keep up with the crazy jumpy man.

Good thing I decided to get out of that tunnel when I did

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Michael

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh, this started because some lab exploded... and they got scared about infections... and now the underground's about to blow up big time...

RUN!

I head off after the two men already racing down the road, dragging people along with me, worried there's a link to what I already know.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Riley Conner

Seeing the smoke billow out I stand still trying to determine the wind direction after a couple seconds I start to run in the dircection I think is upwind.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why wasn't my guy given any antibiotics?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2008-03-26 at 07:20 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jadyn Thomasson

He hurriedly runs after the others.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Riley Connor
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, I totally forgot to wirte it for you, I know its lame but would you mind if we said Riley was given antibiotics?

Everyone
    As the smoke leads out smothering everything in its path you all run North, As you reach the end of the heavy traffic the are fewer cars here and the road eases up, you notice for the first time that people are running with you, though some are starting to run into shops and buildings and jamming the doors shut to get away from the smoke cloud which is only about 20 feet behind you.

MAP;
    Spoiler
    Show

You are all in roughly the green area, the red is the smoked area. The buildings around you are all either shops or offices, most have people at the doors gawking at the smoke.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Michael

Spoiler
    Show
    experiment gone wrong... this might be some kind of gas weapon... I need to get somewhere safe now!

I look around for an open doorway, and run towards the nearest one aiming to get out of the smoke's way.

You wanna complain about trespassing, I'll represent myself and throw emergency situation at you...

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Riley Conner

Despite seeing some people run into buildings I decide to keep running thinking that the smoke will stop advanceing soon enough plus with less people and traffic to deal with I should be able to gain some more ground on the smoke.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

James

Its just diffusion right?so much the cloud itself with stop or dissipate. Just keep running! But then how bigs the cloud?..

James continues down the street, taking the straightest route possible, vaulting obstacles to keep his speed up and smooth.

10. - Top - End - #70

Sam

Sam also continues running away from the cloud, pulling his jacket over his mouth and nose again in case the cloud manages to catch him.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jadyn Thomasson

Jadyn begins to back away, but seeing the others going towards the gas he moves towards it cautiously.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Michael
    You run into a small newsagents selling tabloids and food for on the go. As you run in the owner and 2 other people slam the door shut and jam coats, jumpers and towels into the doorway to stop the smoke coming in. You turn round and see the smoke glide past you like a silent ghost, and then your World goes black as the smoke stops any light entering the shop.
    Just a minute.. Just a minute... You feel the shopkeeper squeeze past you and after a few seconds a halogen bulb illuminates the shop, its people and the smoke.

Riley, James and Sam
    You keep running along but the smoke keeps up its solid pace behind you and you are all starting to get fatigued, ahead of you, you see people getting out of cars and leaving doors open, shops with doors open and an open manhole cover.

Jadyn
    Wait... What? You walk into the smoke? Who else is?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

James

Dashing to the side of the street, James forces the nearest door open and barges inside. He waits until the smoke gets closer, in order to let other people in, before slamming it shut.

Over here! Come on!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Michael

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for letting me in, it's mad out there. Trains blown up and all sorts... Everyone here alright?

I look about at the people with me, to see who they are.

15. - Top - End - #75

Sam

Smoke goes up, right?

Sam runs for the manhole and drops inside, moving away from where the smoke would pour in if he happened to be wrong about its density.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Riley Conner

Looking back I reliezed that the smoke would soon engulf me. Seeing the open manhole I dash over and climb down.(If the cover is withen reach Riley will pull it over the hole.) At the bottem of the ladder I turn on my laptop using it's light to look around, seeing another person I move over to them nodding my head in greeting as I'm too busy gasping for air as my lungs protest the unusal activity forced upon them today.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Sam And Riley
    You jump down the manhole cover and Riley manages to pull the cover over.
    You can't see much with the light from the laptop but you can tell you're in a large sewer tunnel that stretches out to the North and to the South as far as the Laptop will show, the floor is wet underneath and their is a foul smell on the air. The good news is the smoke doesn't go down the manhole.

Michael
    Spoiler
    Show

The shopkeeper turns to you and says; Not at all young sir, he hides his broken english with a wide smile; I'm glad I could get everybody I could out of the smoke it looks choking, I suspect terrorism!
    The shopkeeper is a small elderly asian man with a balding head and a large smile.
    There is another lady, who is also elderly and Asian who you suspect to be the Shopkeepers wife and an incredibly large fat man stands near you, he is wearing a London t-shirt, he turns to you and says in a deep south American Drawl; Hey there, I'm Ryan, Man oh man this is screwed up!

James
    Spoiler
    Show

You run into the nearest shop which happens to be a Starbucks and you let 2 other people in before slamming the door. The cafe is quite busy and people are all stood up staring up at the window and you. A woman screams as the smoke passes the window and plunges you into a brief darkness before somebody turns the light on.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

James

Wow, Starbucks, just my luck. Anyone want to get me a coffee? As you've probably guessed theres something going on outside right now, so I'll be stayng here right now. I'd appreciate it if nobody paniced.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Michael

Spoiler
    Show
    Ryan, hi, I'm Michael. Terrorists, I'm afraid it's nothing that easy. I was speaking with a soldier out there a minute ago and he let slip about some disaster at a government lab -they're scared about an infection spreading. Seems a bit of a coincidence to me that there's big explosions.

How best to cover up an infection escaping a lab than explosions, which people will obviously guess at being terrorism.

I look about and grab some food and drinks, and offer some money to the shopkeeper. I look around to see if he sells anything other than the ordinary food/drink/newspaper etc.

Just out of curiosity, have any of you been near any labs or government areas today?

20. - Top - End - #80

Sam

Spoiler
    Show

Sam turns to the recent arrival and strains to see him through the dim illumination

"Hey, you were on the train too, I remember the laptop. I reckon if we wait here the smoke will eventually clear, and we can take it from there, how about you?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Riley Conner

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds good. I say getting my breath back. I'm Riley Conner, computer programmer, and you are?
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Sam

Spoiler
    Show

"Sam McGowan, gap student. I assume you're as clueless as I am regarding just what the hell is going on?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: GAH! I'm sorry I haven't been here my computer went AWOL an I wasn't able to get here by my local library. Um...yeah)

Jadyn Thomasson.

Hurriedly turning around he dashes towards the others. As he sees two of them enter a manhole he urriedly continues until he an enter a shop.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

James
    Spoiler
    Show

You don't get that coffeee, everyone is too transfixed by the smoke, as you watch the smoke seems to be slowly dissipating, you reckon it might have lifted in a few minutes and several gunshots are heard what sounds like just up the road.

Michael
    Spoiler
    Show

The shopkeeper refuses your money saying that in times of need all Londoners come together. The fat American looks appalled at the idea of the government having a role in this; Aww Man! No way! Our government would never do such a- But his words are cut short as gunshots ring through the air. The smoke seems to be lifting, it could be gone in a few minutes!

Sam And Riley
    Spoiler
    Show

The silence of the sewers is an eerie one, in the distance you can here water running but around you nothing stirs. Above you, several gunshots are heard ringing through the air.

Jadyn
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC; Thats ok, We all have computer problems! No worries!

You run into the nearest shop which happens to be an Army Surplus shop. Uniforms and camouflage drape the walls and several knives are kept in a showcase behind the counter, The big muscle man that runs the shop slams it after you as you arrive in and no smoke enters the shop. Woah! That was close! You ok? ****, theres something going on! You don't really have to wait long before seeing the smoke dissipate, you reckon it'll be gone in a few minutes. In your wait you hear gunshots fly through the air. The owner of the shop looks worried; I'd recognise that sound anywhere. Who are those Special Response Soldiers shooting?

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Riley Conner
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking up at the sound of gunshots Hmm, we should stay down here for a while longer, at least until we can't here anything up above. As always my voice is bland and calm.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

James

Spoiler
    Show
    Gunshots? This must be a more serious problem than I though

"uhh, anyone here know whats going on?
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-04-04 at 04:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87

Sam

Spoiler
    Show

"I'd have to say I agree with that assessment"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Michael

Spoiler
    Show
    Gunshots? Last time I heard those I was standing in a courtroom watching a cctv tape... The man on the receiving end didn't survive... We need to stay hidden, just in case. Do any of you have any kind of self defence weapon?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

James
    Spoiler
    Show

A older man in his late 40s looks out the window before saying to you; No sorry mate, I've not got a clue. Scary though ain' it?
    The smoke continues to dissipate until you can barely see it. You reckon its probably ok to go outside. Looking out the shop at the street, it is deserted and there is a fine layer of silt on the floor and cars.

Michael
    Spoiler
    Show

The little shopkeeper says; Wait just here, I'll go get something. He heads into the back, as you stand in awkward silence with the American you can hear the shopkeeper rustling around. Eventually the man comes back carrying two cricket bats he passes one to you. Lets be careful eh? These are my nice bats!
    You look outside and the smoke seems to have pretty much gone. You reckon it might be ok to go outside again. Looking out the shop at the street, it is deserted and although there is a fine layer of silt on the floor and cars.

Sam And Riley
    Spoiler
    Show

The sewers remain quiet though it feels as though you arn't alone. As you look down you notice, by the dim light of the laptop, hundreds of rats are running past you in the opposite direction of the explosions.

Jadyn
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC; I know you have computer troubles thats no worries!
    IC; The big muscle man looks at you and then the street. I've got no idea what's going on. And I don't care right now. I'm gonna have a cup of coffee. And with that he stomps out the back of the shop.
    Looking out the shop at the street, the smokes seems to have pretty much cleared and you can take in the street once again. It is deserted and there is a fine layer of silt on the floor and cars.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Michael

Spoiler
    Show
    I check the bat out, and walk towards the door, opening it slightly and looking around.

We should all get away from here - who knows what'll happen next...

I gesture for people to follow me, and, assuming the coast looks clear, I head out with whoever is coming with me.