New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default 100 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 90

No thread yet? :O

So, it's too bad that after all that suspense, Parson wasn't able to get any leverage from Charlie at all. I do have hope, however, that he may be able to initiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict. That or come up with some amazing gambit or bluff that'll boop up Ansom's plans. As much as I like both Team Ansom and Parson, I can't say I wouldn't enjoy watching Parson show some tactical brilliance.
    Last edited by Hinotori; 2008-03-19 at 01:38 AM.
    Abayoo.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 100 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 90

It apears Parson is actualy trying to trick the coalition into going into the tunnels instead of an assault on the walls, and is doing it by ruthlessly crushing scouting stacks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

dance fighting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think Charlie knows more than he tells Parson. He seems pretty confident that Parson sees through this whole mess alive.
    random hum :)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

tongue Re: 100 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 90

I like the Sandy outfit for Jillian........ and the Johnny outfit for Vinny

"Grease" vs. KISS in a dance fight?

and I wonder if Parson's Final Thinkgram of the turn is gonna interrupt the pow-wow?
    Last edited by Vince3; 2008-03-19 at 02:44 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't quite understand the logic here. They know their tunnel scout stack was crushed by a main garrison stack, yet from that they determine the tunnels are relatively undefended? Does not compute.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pheldagriff View Post
    I think Charlie knows more than he tells Parson. He seems pretty confident that Parson sees through this whole mess alive.
    Charlie is probably judging Parson's tactical ability from the offer Parson made.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I don't quite understand the logic here. They know their tunnel scout stack was crushed by a main garrison stack, yet from that they determine the tunnels are relatively undefended? Does not compute.
    To hit a main garrison stack, the gobwins must have gotten nearly all the way through the tunnels.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Erfworld hits triple digits! Way to go Rob and Jamie, keep up the good work!

Okay, "dance fighting", "rocker": new mechanics? And Thinkagrams are confirmed as Thinkamancy.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I think they're figuring that the "main garrison stack" is the only stack that's defending the tunnels and that they can overwhelm them with sheer numbers........ and also they haven't found many of the traps and pitfalls yet, so they figure once they overwhelm that garrison stack they'll steamroll in through the underside........

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing interesting. Just who was calling Charlie? And if this Charlie is a spymaster... well, I get the impression he knows somthing here.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ralphmerridew View Post
    To hit a main garrison stack, the gobwins must have gotten nearly all the way through the tunnels.
    That actually makes alot of sense. How exciting! They send most of their forces underground.. then they goes CRUSHES! >:3 Maybe all their bodies will help keep the tunnels from callapsing so much the city callapses. Now thats thinking posative.

Charlie knew parson's name promptly...
    Charlie appears VERY confident that parson will survive this okay.
    Is this advanced knowledge of world mechanics that parson is unaware of but charlie knows? Can he see the future? Or is he just an overconfident guy just talking smack?

In my opinion, the second the midget skipped town and left, I'd have been calling the enemies and said, "Whoa! Whoa! Let me explain.... Six months ago, me and my brothers were back on the beach in jamacia, chilling as usual..." ect. ect. ect.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

It looks like Parson took the gauntlet off and was offering it to Charlie.

So... theyve not bothered to chase after Stanley at all after all that talking?

oh AND

'I'd really like to do business with you personally...'

That was a pretty personally phonecall anyway with just the two of them talking... i'm scared the next step is a dinner and date?

P.S Charlie knew Parson's name promptly because Parson was asked by the 'secretary' what his name rank etc was.
    Last edited by MattR; 2008-03-19 at 04:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Charlie doesn't actually need to know anything about Parson's chances at all. It's simple psychology. He predicts (to Parson) Parson's survival. If Parson makes it, Charlie gets credit for accurate foresight, as well as goodwill from Parson for having had faith in him. If Parson dies, there's nobody who remembers Charlie's mistake.

Btw, I'm still trying to interpret Jillian's comment. Is she anticipating some special form of combat "dance-fighting", or did she start to say "dancing" and then correct it to "fighting" for Ansom's benefit?
    Last edited by fractal; 2008-03-19 at 04:55 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well thats a major part of his plan to divide the enemey forces down the drain.

loyalty and obedience are factors that thinkamancy can affect, and with Charlie's obviously superior skills in this area, augmented by the arkendish, he could have used Charlie to get the rest of them split.

I believe the arkendish gives Charlie unrivaled skills across the whole lookamancy range. Which probably means he knows the coalitions entire plan and Parson's entire plan. Now if he's got a Predictamancer working for him, then he's really got it covered.

Other than that, I agree that Charlie knows the 'game' mechanics far better than parson, and could know a few things in Parson's favour that he isn't aware of ('special').

At least Maggie didn't "snap the cord" on him like she did to Misty and the Foolamancer.

Who will Parson tap next? Vinnie? The Marbits? Or even Jillian herself? Who has the power to really change things for him? Who has the least loyalty to the side, who doesn't have a grudge against him?

They're about to attack after his turn and he's relying on Dirtmore to bear the brunt of it underground until Wanda can recuperate and give the uncroaked soldiers some big bonuses.

I'm thinking Ansome doesn't even know they have a Dirtomancer. Stan never seemed to think much of it and I'm sure if they knew they'd think twice about a fight underground. Thats gotta be the nastiest place to face someone with a Dirtomancer.
    Always spread Vegimite behind your ears to prevent attack by drop bears.
    SHADOWGIRLS FLIPSIDE

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm... you know, I'd really enjoy seeing Parson have a chat with Vinnie... It probably wouldn't do him too much good, but it would certainly be entertaining.
    Last edited by Tinox; 2008-03-19 at 06:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

Grease vs kiss. Its gonna be a dance off.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

PARSON IS GOING TO CALL ANSOM ITSELF!!!!

By the way...now I'm against Vinnie. GO TEAM ROCKER!!

Ps.: I can't wait to make my own grunge golems!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeropsm View Post
    PARSON IS GOING TO CALL ANSOM ITSELF!!!!
    I think he is going to call all of them at the same time and offer them the same deal he has proposed Charlie.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show
    He is going to call Jillian, in such a way that the call is intercepted by Ansom. This way trying to get a lot of distrust in enemy ranks. (Misinformation)

thanx to Abardam for these fantastic Erfworldstyle sigatars
    For the awesome 'The Wolf'-sigatar I thank Sampi.
    Kd7sov, thank you for the Girl Genius, Agatha Heterodyne avatar

21. - Top - End - #21

to answer the question of 'dance-fighting' think back to Westside story if you ever saw it. Two rival gangs that want each other dead walk up to each other and...dance at each other. May the best dancer win.

And I would say that Parson is defiantly contacting Jillian. I mean for starters she is the only person Parson even knows about other then radish man himself. Now think of all the selling points he has in getting her help.

1) her beloved caster Wanda is sick and weak -due to Jillian’s actions- and in need of some TLC.

2) the one person that caused Jillian to join the battle, lord Tool, is no longer present or likely to come back to the keep. Thus the attack is rather pointless.

There really is nothing to keep Jillian from helping Parson other then her relationship with lord radish (so much easier a name to remember) even then Jillian could always try to talk everyone into not attacking the keep without betraying that relationship; not that talking alone will likely help.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeropsm View Post
    By the way...now I'm against Vinnie. GO TEAM ROCKER!!
    As much as I am a bona fide, former mullet-sporting, 80's metal guy, I cannot in good conscience ever root against Vinnie Doombats.

And I peronally thought Jillian was supposed to be Michelle Pfeiffer from Grease 2 instead of Olivia Newton-John, although that may be because I watched that awful movie 4 million times as a kid because, well, it had Michelle Pfeiffer.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vince3 View Post
    "Grease" vs. KISS in a dance fight?
    This concept worries me greatly, since last time I check KISS was just a rock band and had no dancing skills. Personally I would Mix some Metal Golems in to the group of KISS Knights to throw them off. I would like to see some idiot try dance moves from kiss in the middle of a Mosh Pit.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slurpz View Post
    dance fighting
    "Grease Wars", so to speak....

Quote Originally Posted by dsollen View Post
    And I would say that Parson is defiantly contacting Jillian. I mean for starters she is the only person Parson even knows about other then radish man himself. Now think of all the selling points he has in getting her help.

1) her beloved caster Wanda is sick and weak -due to Jillian’s actions- and in need of some TLC.
    Parson has no way of knowing that there is any relationship other than the usual one between a prisoner and interrogator, and no reason to believe that Jillian has any feelings toward Wanda other than the anger and hatred one would normally expect under such circumstances.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    As much as I am a bona fide, former mullet-sporting, 80's metal guy, I cannot in good conscience ever root against Vinnie Doombats.
    Unfortunately, you are completely right. It is a dilemma indeed.

26. - Top - End - #26

either call Ansom and telling him that Stanley has left the building (and that somehow it would be more appropriate to chase him than to fight Gk due to some time constrain, like before he builds up or something) or Jillian for either distrust or also get the air forces away from GK (again, chase Stanley).
    Though, the call Charlie is getting is probably for further use of his archons, or recon on GK or Stanley if he's capable of doing that.
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

27. - Top - End - #27

Oh Yes!

It is *DANCING* time with the *Silly Cows*

/obscure?

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    And I peronally thought Jillian was supposed to be Michelle Pfeiffer from Grease 2 instead of Olivia Newton-John, although that may be because I watched that awful movie 4 million times as a kid because, well, it had Michelle Pfeiffer.
    I don't think that's Jillian, unless she's not going after Stanley. No point in dressing up like that if she is.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chupacabra View Post
    I don't think that's Jillian
    Who else? Blonde girl definitely looks like Jillian to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

30. - Top - End - #30

also, it seems that Maggie has consolidated her respect for Parson. Not only that she can't get away with playing smart or condescending, but that Parson is putting her to real good use and to the limit of her abilities.
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul