New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Blasphemous Preacher (Far Realms Class)

Um, Heroes of Horror has its own set of Depravity/Corruption rules. I would have built some mechanics into the class but I didn't want to require the use of yet another source book and I wanted good blasphemous preachers to be a possibility. However, here is an alternate ability for those who want to use those taint mechanics.

Tainted Blasphemer
    Your contact with creatures beyond the stars have tainted your mind and body, changing you drastically.
    Class: Blasphemous Preacher
    Level: 1st
    Special Requirement: Evil Alignment
    Replaces: Unnatural Air and Clarity in Madness
    Benefits: You instantly gain 2 points of corruption and depravity. In addition, you gain 2 addition points of corruption and depravity whenever you take an additional level in Blasphemous Preacher. Furthermore, whenever you use your blasphemous secrets class feature, you gain 1 temporary point of corruption and depravity that lasts for 1 week.
    Although you are definitely tainted, you are better able to resist outward sources of taint, gaining a bonus equal to 1/2 your class level on all saving throws made to resist accumulating taint. However, you may not be cured of taint by any means.
    Any symptom of corruption that you gain may be replaced with internal corruption. If this replacement is made, the corruption becomes external under no circumstances, even while in a tainted area.
    At the beginning of an encounter, your taint actively protects you as your corruption bolsters your body and your depravity shows you how to dodge. You gain a number of temporary hit points equal to 1/2 of your corruption score and an insight bonus to your AC equal to 1/2 of your depravity score. However, this state hinders your consciousness, rendering you capable of only taking one move or standard aciton each round. These bonuses last for 1 round if you suffer from mild taint, 3 rounds if you suffer from moderate taint, or 5 rounds if you suffer from severe taint.
    Unlike others, you do not become a tainted reaver or tainted minion if your corruption and depravity scores drive you insane or kill you. Instead, when either taint score grows too high for you to handle, you appear to suffer the normal effects (insanity or death), only to be snatched away by otherworldly powers when you are next alone.
    Although taint usually results from exposure to evil, taint gained through these means representative of the crystallization of one's own evil through exposure to unimaginable thoughts and creatures.

What I did:
    Outside of his homeground (tainted areas), he looks like a complete lunatic.
    WIthin his homeground, his insanity is gone, replaces by a series of disturbing physical mutations.
    He is better at handling alien creatures without accumulating taint.
    When relying on the taint within them, they can become nearly invincible for a short time. However, while "invincible", they may use neither their spell-like abilities, their summons, nor their blasphemous secrets.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-03-28 at 09:51 PM.
    I'm try not to be too vain but this was too perfect not to sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!
    At long last, I have an extended signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well one thing to remember is that the lesser Otherworldly Beings would have an easy save to keep your Sanity score up and though Psduenatural creatures are nothing to laugh at they would still have a rather low DC.

Also if you really want to do it like the Call of Cthulhu RPG then everyone except for Wizards and Psions would have an even easier time.

Personal I would run the Sanity score if I really wanted a HPL style game and I know my players would think it is an awsome rule. As well many would likely rather take Sanity damage then damamge to their spell casting scores.

As well if you are really converting the Sanity score to DnD rules then most Sanity damage is going to be tempary.

I'll work on getting up some rules so you all can know what i am thinking better and that way you can use them if you want.
    H.P. Lovecraft the man who inspired the creation of Mind Flayers, Aberrations, the Far Realm, and so much more.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So no one just overlooks it, you may want to read my previous post.

P.S.: Primalfury, feel free to sig away.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-03-28 at 11:28 AM.
    okay RoC, that is enough! the gitp boards can only take so much awsome, you might actually hurt somebody with this one!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well the big problem with Taint is that it is tainting you with Evil and the Evil is driving you mad and mutating you.

With most HPL stuff they aren't evil they are just maddness made flesh and it is that maddness that is driving the viewer mad. Aswell most people dont mutate from seeing a HPL style monster.

Thus the taint rules don't do the job properly. Now a DM could make a ruling and make HPL's stuff more evil then usual (normally the Otherworldly beings just dont care and are thus more of a True Neutral then Evil) and have them be actively evil. If a DM does that then the Taint rules would make more sence.
    H.P. Lovecraft the man who inspired the creation of Mind Flayers, Aberrations, the Far Realm, and so much more.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Insanity rules already exist for DnD, in Unearthed Arcana, and I think that they fit rather well to this occasion.

In fact, here's a feat for Blasphemous Preachers using sanity rules:

Forbidden Lore
    You know much of what should never be known.
    Prerequisites: Unnatural Air, Sanity Points
    Benefits: Knowledge (forbidden lore) is always a class skill for you. You may invest skill points to gain ranks in knowledge (forbidden lore), losing 1 point of sanity per rank. You never risk bouts of insanity from gaining ranks in this way. You may invest no more than 1 skill point at each level, or 4 at 1st level.
    If you possess 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (forbidden lore), the save DC of your Blasphemous Secret class feature is increased by +2.

Well, as a creature who runs around sucking blood (gibbering mouther) isn't evil, I guess it's not too much of a stretch to say that beings who'd destroy the world on a passing whim (or completely by accident) aren't evil either.

While I was at it, I slightly modified the alternate ability. First of all, you may manifest corruption internally. Secondly, I have explained the taint in a different way. Instead of inheriting it from the far realms, interaction with the complete chaos and immorality of the far realms causes your own evil to crystallize into taint (reflections off of a void, as it were).

Also, I ask you to take a closer look at my pseudonatural template. Unnatural attack is already fully capable of wisdom damage, shaken, or confusing targets while use of abberant assault results in a morale penalty on rolls against it. I know that you’re goal with insanity in mind is to have every being in sight be mentally scarred (to some degree) but implementation of this idea as anything more than good roleplaying (or perhaps the aforementioned rules from unearthed arcana) seems just a bit harsh.

If you want, there is one more thing that I’d be willing to do. I’d change call from beyond so that the called creature(s) can’t act on the turn they are summoned but that all creatures witnessing the summon are shaken for 1 round. If a summoned creature’s CR exceeds that of a witness, I may require them to make a will save or be paralyzed with fear instead.

How does all of this sound?
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-04-01 at 06:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

this is going to take a while to go over in-depth, but it looks pretty neat. kudos.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos View Post
    Insanity rules already exist for DnD, in Unearthed Arcana, and I think that they fit rather well to this occasion.

In fact, here's a feat for Blasphemous Preachers using sanity rules:
    Oh . . . I'll have to give those a look.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

confused Re: Blasphemous Preacher (Far Realms Class)

hm, i dont really see the point of that feat RoC, since all knowledge skills are taken indiviudally for this class anyway, right? or are those just the mechanics for the Knowledge (forbidden lore) skill when used in conjunction with sanity? and i like the idea of the sudden apperance of the... thing causing everyone to be shaken (and possibly paralyzed), but would that include the BP as well since many of his other abilities do?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2008-03-30 at 07:25 PM.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Knowledge (forbidden lore) has special rules preventing you from taking ranks in it under normal circumstances. Instead, you take ranks in it when you lose sanity. Taking ranks in it lowers your maximum sanity score and requires no skill points. There is no upper limit on how many ranks you may have in it at any given time.

Well, as it has been given the a-okay, summoned ...things will shaken everyone who sees, including you (another incentive to blind yourself).

10. - Top - End - #40

ah! i see. is there a way to use Blasphemous Secrets in tandem with Knowledge (Forbidden Lore)?
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I added a little section onto the feat I made.
    Now, in the same way that clerics with at least 5 ranks in Knowledge (Religion) get a +2 bonus on turn checks, so to does the DC of Blasphemous Secrets increase by +2 if you have at least 5 ranks in Knowledge (forbidden lore).

It will make yourself more vulnerable to blasphemous secrets, true, but you were already going insane anyway.

12. - Top - End - #42

what happens to your sanity once you gain the half-farspawn template? do you become immune to sanity damage since you have become a creature of insanity? do outsiders even have sanity?

EDIT: ah! about Invoke Breach what exactly do you mean by the limitation it has? example would be dimensional anchor. it stops you from going places, but does it stop the energy of those places from coming to you?
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2008-04-03 at 03:29 PM.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In order:

1. When you become half-farspawn, you continue losing sanity in the normal method. The thing is, however, that half-farspawn are not sane by nature. As such, you are merely getting closer to your natural mental state.

2. When under the effects of dimensional anchor or dimensional lock, you cannot use your spell-like abilities (you would be similarly stopped by anchor mist but you would not take damage unless the spell-like abilities themselves try to teleport you). Simply put, its a bit hard to pierce a microscopic hole into a place beyond all of existance, siphon some essence from beyond, and shape it into a spell when you have access to no planar travel at all.

14. - Top - End - #44

WOO HOO! check out my awsome new avatar! if that dont say "Primal Fury" i dont know what does! AND i got the link to that commercial in my sig! now THAT is a statment!

anyway, on to my question. when using their spell-like abilities in the Far-Realm, or in a cerebral blot, do BP's get any sort of bonuses on caster level since they are in the very essence of where their power comes from? or is it the same all around? same for dimension lock & and anchor. would those prevent them from using their abilities within these places?
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Here are some HPL style things I though up awile back.
    Though they may not have much to do with your class I thought you might like them.

-StonefLesh:
    Stoneflesh is the bane of all organic matrial in existance.
    Any organic matrial (living, dead, or undead) that touches it is quickly consumed by it and
    converted into more Stoneflesh. The Stoneflesh progressess at a rate of one inch per second. When the Stoneflesh
    has consumed all of the organic matrial it is touching the organic being will, if not all ready, be dead.

If someone or something touches Stoneflesh the only way to save them is to cut off the area that is
    being consumed, making certian to also cut off some of the surrounding flesh so as to ensure that you don't
    leave any Stoneflesh as even the smallest amount is deadly. Attempting to pull or brush Stoneflesh off of
    a person is NOT advised. Once Stoneflesh begins consuming matrial it does not cover a person then consume
    their insides, but consumes their internal organic matrial at the same rate as the external matrial. So
    pulling or brushing Stoneflesh will only serve to spread it more quickly.

If someone has gotten Stoneflesh on a vital section of their body (head, chest [i.e. heart, stomach, etc.],
    etc) we suggest you cut off/out the Stoneflesh section and the surrounding flesh and then find a Cleric to
    Raise them if they have died.

Destroying and transporting Stoneflesh is hard, but possible. Extreme heat such as that of a volcano
    will destroy Stoneflesh. Summoning up Lave or Fire Elementals who are capable of creating such levels of
    heat is a possible choice when choosing how to destroy Stoneflesh.

If you wish to transport Stoneflesh you must use a non-organic contianer to carry it. Boxes made of pure
    stone, magical force, ice, etc. are your only choices as they are not organic. For maximum security make certian
    that the stone flesh is completely surrounded by the non-organic matrial so that no flesh can fall in.

There is no save vs being consumed. This is a "die with no save" kind of substance so you are warned to
    use it in your games VERY CAREFULLY! That in mind we hope you use it and have fun with it. :)

-Silver vien:
    Any organic matrial that it touches will be slowly transformed into "something else". The process
    takes several days. The new form of the creatures is almost always violent, omnivores, and mobile.

-Thought crystal:
    Thought Crystal has a "thought smell" that most Otherworldly beings can not stand to be around. It has
    been documented that some Otherworldly beings have even stopped hunting someone that has Thoughtstone on them.

-Black, Gold, and Clear crystal (Creature Gates):
    A quasi-gate/demiplane/extrademinsional Space/portal toward some place/thing on this/another plane of existance. The things inside are similar to Devils in that they make deals with those who contact them. The price of a deal is never obvious to the person(s) making a deal with them. The deals
    almost always seem free; this is unlikely, but no solid proof can be brought up to disprove that the gifts
    are free.

The different crystals seem to contain/channel the same basic type of creature-thing. The primary differences are in how the creature-things "feel" and "sound" as they make a deal with someone. During a deal they seem to wash over a person as if the person is swimming in them. Black feels slick, chilly, and thick, Gold feels light, quick, and "deep," Clear seems to diffy proper discriptions even by the standards of the Otherworldly beings. The best description that can be gained is "warm."

The voices that the Creature-things use are also different for each crystal. The Black talk with a croking, gutural male voice that often reminds the more Elementaly educated of a cross between the croke of a toad and the voice of a Earth Elemental. The Gold talk with a happy female voice that giggles quite often. Listeners have described her as many different races as she seems to use the talking habits that the listener has. If the listener is speak in a very educated manner then so does the voice. The Clear crystal's voice follows much the same patteren as its "feel" in that no one can ever describe it well. In fact after talking with a Clear Crystal the listener never remembers what the voice sounded like or what they talked about. Only that they talked, it gave the listener something, and what that something is. These descriptions do not propperly prepar a person for how it "feels" and "sounds" to talk to these creature-things.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Primal fury, I added in text saying that in the offhand chance that you find yourself in the far realm or cerebral blot, effects blocking extradimensional travel no longer stops your spellcasting.

And behind door number 2, my attempt to make some of Bookmen's ideas usable in an everyday campaign...

Dread Alchemy
    Your connection to alien realms allows you to craft bizarre, and often inimical, items.
    Prerequisites: Invoke Breach, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks.
    Benefits: You can now craft dread alchemic substances, as listed below.
    Special: For each dread alchemic substance that you knowingly carry, you take a -1 penalty on fortitude saves. Close exposure to such inimical forces simply wears away at your health.

Thought Crystal
    This shard of crystal seems to bend the light around it in a most unnatural fashion.
    Thought Crystals are raw manifestations of the order that our multiverse has placed within the far realms. As such, their pressence is detestable and painful to creatures from that far place. All pseudonatural creatures, half-farspawn creatures, and creatures native to the Far Realms within 20 feet of an exposed crystal take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws.
    Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks, 500 gp

Silver Vein
    The small item before you has the look of a mesh of veins made from iron, weakly moving as if alive.
    This strange item may be planted on a helpless foe as a standard action or thrown at an active foe as a thrown weapon (simply dissipating if it misses). When it makes contact with a creature, that creature must make a DC 15 Fort save or become helpless and immobilized as they are wrapped up in a cocoon of silvery mesh, which emerges from the victim's skin. Each day over the next week, the target may attempt a new saving throw, although the DC is increased by 1 each day. If they succeed, the transformation process is aborted and the creature can break free. In addition, any target receiving the benefits of a heal spell automatically breaks free. If the creature fails all saving throws for one week, they emerge at the end of that week as a pseudonatural creature with -6 intelligence, wisdom, and charisma (to a minimum of 3 in each of those ability scores) who is treated as hostile towards all creatures. At this point, only a wish or miracle can restore the creature to its former shape.
    Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft (alchemy) 12 ranks, 9,000 gp

Pact Gem
    As you gaze at this incredibly flawed gem, you get the feeling that you look at it not just with your eyes but with your entire soul.
    As unpredictable as the Far Realms is, it undoubtedly seeks to remove us from its pressence. Among its means to do so are a few gems granted with the ability to exchange a willing party's soul for power. When first grasped by a willing creature, that creature gains benefits as if they had signed a pact certain with a devil (Fiendish Codex II, pg 23-24), except that they choose the benefits and may not choose to receive XP.
    In return for the boons, when the creature is slain, no means, including divine intervention, may bring them back to life.
    A single creature can only bind to one Pact Gem and a single Pact Gem can only bind to one creature. A pact gem can be destroyed (Hardness 10, HP 5). Doing so denies the creature of the benefits that they have gained but does not allow them to bind to a new pact gem (or save their soul after death).
    Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft Alchemy 15 ranks, 12,000 gp

I'm sorry if any of these fail to convey your original intent or possess serious power issues but right now, I am too tired to really tell one way or the other.

Everyone out there is free to submit their own dread alchemic items.
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2008-04-12 at 12:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

And behind door number 2, my attempt to make some of Bookmen's ideas usable in an everyday campaign...
    Before going on I must say that I really like your take on my ideas.
    Now to the comments.

Dread Alchemy
    Your connection to alien realms allows you to craft bizarre, and often inimical, items.
    Prerequisites: Invoke Breach, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks.
    Benefits: You can now craft dread alchemic substances, as listed below.
    Special: For each dread alchemic substance that you knowingly carry, you take a -1 penalty on fortitude saves. Close exposure to such inimical forces simply wears away at your health.
    Nice. I like the special part. It really fits with the BP theme.

Thought Crystal
    This shard of crystal seems to bend the light around it in a most unnatural fashion.
    Thought Crystals are raw manifestations of the order that our multiverse has placed within the far realms. As such, their pressence is detestable and painful to creatures from that far place. All pseudonatural creatures, half-farspawn creatures, and creatures native to the Far Realms within 20 feet of an exposed crystal take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws.
    Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft (alchemy) 4 ranks, 500 gp
    That looks very good and is truely a great stating of my idea. The only thing I have to say, and the error is my fault not yours, is that when I thought this up I had called it Thought Stone not Crystal. I'm not quite sure which idea fitting better, Crystal or Stone. Crystals are more often used by Otherworldly beings (and the like) then stones, but there are Otherworldly beings (and the like) that are made of stone.
    Silver Vein
    The small item before you has the look of a mesh of veins made from iron, weakly moving as if alive.
    This strange item may be planted on a helpless foe as a standard action or thrown at an active foe as a thrown weapon (simply dissipating if it misses). When it makes contact with a creature, that creature must make a DC 15 Fort save or become helpless and immobilized as they are wrapped up in a cocoon of silvery mesh, which emerges from the victim's skin. Each day over the next week, the target may attempt a new saving throw, although the DC is increased by 1 each day. If they succeed, the transformation process is aborted and the creature can break free. In addition, any target receiving the benefits of a heal spell automatically breaks free. If the creature fails all saving throws for one week, they emerge at the end of that week as a pseudonatural creature with -6 intelligence, wisdom, and charisma (to a minimum of 3 in each of those ability scores) who is treated as hostile towards all creatures. At this point, only a wish or miracle can restore the creature to its former shape.
    Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft (alchemy) 12 ranks, 9,000 gp
    My original idea was more drastic then this, but I really like this. I'll work on creating something else with my original idea.
    Pact Gem
    As you gaze at this incredibly flawed gem, you get the feeling that you look at it not just with your eyes but with your entire soul.
    As unpredictable as the Far Realms is, it undoubtedly seeks to remove us from its pressence. Among its means to do so are a few gems granted with the ability to exchange a willing party's soul for power. When first grasped by a willing creature, that creature gains benefits as if they had signed a pact certain with a devil (Fiendish Codex II, pg 23-24), except that they choose the benefits and may not choose to receive XP.
    In return for the boons, when the creature is slain, no means, including divine intervention, may bring them back to life.
    A single creature can only bind to one Pact Gem and a single Pact Gem can only bind to one creature. A pact gem can be destroyed (Hardness 10, HP 5). Doing so denies the creature of the benefits that they have gained but does not allow them to bind to a new pact gem (or save their soul after death).
    Prerequisites: Dread Alchemy, Craft Alchemy 15 ranks, 12,000 gp
    Very nice! I'm not sure what else to say as it is very nice.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I thought that I'd try adding something new. Without further Adeu, the first Blasphemous Preacher PrC

Harbinger

“What hope do you have once my master appears. My service ensures my swift death. You can not even hope for this.”
    -Barron Goltaff, Harbinger

There are certain beings in our world that are inimical to all of existence. These beings, collectively known as elder evils, have destroyed entire worlds on their never ending campaign of existence. Some of these beings have originated from the Far Realms. Although these monstrosities are truly something to fear, the true fear we should hold are the countless such beings that have yet to escape and the mortals who would bow before such terrible powers.
    Although mere mortals cannot hope to bring their displaced master into the world, they can still serve its ends and channel a shard of its apocalyptic might. Through these actions, these horrific cultists create great destruction in their wake, ravaging the world. Unlike most worshippers of Elder Evils, a mortal is under no specific compulsion to free their master. So long as they continue spreading chaos and destruction, their master is content to bide its time.
    Hit Die: d6

Prerequisites:
    The following are prerequisites for becoming a Harbinger.
    Skills: Knowledge (the Planes) 10 ranks, Spellcraft 10 ranks
    Feats: Chosen of Evil, Slave to Evil
    Special: Blasphemous Secrets class feature
    Special: Must have dedicated oneself to an elder evil (as described in Elder Evils, page 10).

Class Skills:
    A Harbinger’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Intimidate, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

The Harbinger
    Code:
    Level    BAB     Fort    Ref     Will    Special
    1        +0      +2      +2      +2      Aspect of Ending, Dark Dreams
    2        +1      +3      +3      +3      Spurn Divinity
    3        +1      +3      +3      +3      Aura of Dread
    4        +2      +4      +4      +4      Aspect of Ending
    5        +2      +4      +4      +4      Hidden Threat
    6        +3      +5      +5      +5      Aura of Dread
    7        +3      +5      +5      +5      Aspect of Ending
    8        +4      +6      +6      +6      Divine Scourge
    9        +4      +6      +6      +6      Aura of Dread
    10       +5      +7      +7      +7      The End is Near
    Class Features:
    All of the following are class features of the Harbinger prestige class.
    Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Harbinger gains no new proficiencies with weapons or armor.
    Aspect of Ending (Su): As a Harbinger, you work towards the destruction of all in existence. Through your dedication to an elder evil, you can wield a similar power. At 1st level, and again at 4th and 7th levels, you may choose from any of the aspects below. They act in many ways as signs of the apocalypse (Elder Evils, page 7). However, knowledge checks are insufficient to identify them. Each aspect of ending is a supernatural ability with a range equal to 400 feet + 40 feet/level. If any saving throw is allowed, its DC is equal to 10 + class level + Charisma modifier. You need not select the same sign that your elder evil would unleash upon the world.
    At any time, you may only display one Aspect of Ending. You may switch between two known Aspects of Ending as a Full-Round Action. In addition, for up to 1 hour each day, you may suppress all known aspects simultaneously.
    Blood Moon: All creatures within range become one step closer to hostile towards all other creatures. In addition, the first time another creature in the area is damaged, they must make a will save or fly into a blind rage, attacking the closest target available until they are dead or leave the area. They may also make a new saving throw each round to end the effect prematurely. If a creature leaves the area of this aspect of ending, reenters it, and is damaged, they must make a new saving throw.
    Dead Sun: All light in the area is reduced to shadowy illumination, all mundane light sources such as torches and lanterns are automatically extinguished (no saving throw), and all spells of the light descriptor with a spell level equal to or less than your class level are suppressed while in the area. Furthermore, every 10 minutes that another creature remains in the area, they must make a fortitude save or take 1d6 cold damage.
    Eerie Weather: The area around you is filled with unnatural precipitation. This precipitation may either be regular rain or snow or any nonmagical item no more than 6 inches in its largest dimension and weighing no more than 1 pound. Although the falling of items deals no damage (even flaming or freezing precipitation fails to deal damage to creatures or items), the range of sight within the area is halved and both listen checks and ranged attack rolls take –4 penalties. Any precipitation that leaves the area instantly unravels into nothing.
    Infestation: Select one variety of diminutive or fine animal. That breed of animal follows you unerringly and in great numbers. To others it may seem that you walk upon a sea of creatures. At the beginning of each of your turns, all creatures within the area other than you must make a fortitude save or take 1d6 damage and be sickened for 1 round.
    Restless Dead: Whenever a creature capable of being revived as a skeleton or zombie dies within the range of this ability, it rises as the more appropriate form of undead (according to the current state of its body) 1d4 rounds later. These undead treat you as being invisible and inaudible but attack other creatures normally.
    Seal of Binding: Always floating a couple hundred feet above your head is a weakly glowing sigil. Within range of this ability, spells or abilities of the divination school or summoning subschool fail to function. However, you may use your call from beyond ability without penalty.
    Twisted Life: All other living creatures within this ability gain fast healing 2 while all other undead within the area of this ability lose 2 health each round. Any creature may attempt a Fortitude Save each round to stave off these effects. On any round in which a creature is healed or damaged by this ability, they take a –2 penalty on all saving throws. Lastly, any creature healed through this ability takes 1d4 points of charisma damage. A creature dealt charisma damage in this way gains immunity to further charisma damage from your Twisted Life aspect of ending for 24 hours.
    Dark Dreams (Su): Starting at 1st level, a Harbinger is contacted nightly by their patron. Their patron may give orders or cryptic clues, which the Harbinger is free to follow or ignore at their own discretion without punishment (at least before death…). Furthermore, each night functions as a contact other planes spell, allowing a single question to be asked as if you had asked the question of a greater deity on an outer plane. Lastly, contact with such a nihilistic being wears your body quickly, rendering your continuously exhausted.
    Spurn Divinity (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, you can spurn the effects of divine magic with great impunity. You add your charisma modifier as a bonus to all saving throws made against divine spells. Furthermore, whenever you are subjected to a divine spell that does not normally allow for a saving throw, you may make a will save as if it did allow such a saving throw. If it is successful, the spell is negated.
    Aura of Dread (Su): Starting at 3rd level, you develop an aura around you, representing the manner with which reality begins to break down around you. This aura extends out to a 1,000 foot-radius + 100 feet/level.
    Starting at 3rd level, this aura projects only a sliver of what is to come, unleashing mass unease as creatures begin seeing and hearing the unnatural and impossible. Any creature to remain within the area of your aura for 24 hours or longer is fatigued. Furthermore, natural healing is halved in this area.
    Starting at 6th level, this aura begins to break down the concept of space and distance within range. All speed in the aura is reduced by 5 feet. As such, 5-foot steps are no longer possible. Furthermore, no means of extradimensional travel with function within the area.
    Starting at 9th level, this aura breaks down the very fabric of time, eliminating entire expanses of it. All other creatures within range except you may take neither swift nor immediate actions.
    Hidden Threat (Ex): Starting at 5th level, the servants of deities have a much harder time discovering anything about you. All divine spells of the divination school automatically fails when used to ascertain information about you. Divination spells that are also arcane function if they are cast by a nondivine spellcaster.
    Divine Scourge (Su): Starting at 8th level, you have mastered your defense against the divine. Once per day, as a swift action, you may unleash a deadly pulse similar to that produced by some elder evils. All divine spellcasters and extraplanar creatures within a 1 mile radius are sickened for 1d4 minutes and take 1 point of vile damage/class level.
    The End is Near (Su): Starting at 10th level, you can go through your final apotheosis, learning how to bring forth a true sign of the apocalypse. In order to do so, you must spend a 24 hour period entering a special meditative state. In this state, you gain immunity to polymorphing, petrification, energy drain, ability drain, ability damage, death from massive damage, and mind-affecting spells and abilities. Furthermore, you gain resistance to cold 20 and fire 20, blindsight out to 500 feet, and can telepathically communicate with any creature within 1,000 feet that has a language. Lastly, you need not eat, drink, nor breathe while in this state.
    When you enter this state, choose one sign of the apocalypse. You need not choose one for which you possess an aspect of ending or the one that your elder evil will unleash upon the land. You manifest that sign upon the world, albeit under faint intensity. If you remain in this state for at least one month, the intensity increases to moderate. The intensity never increases past this point.
    Even while in this state, you may still manipulate what, if any, aspect of ending you have active. Furthermore, your aura of dread continues to function while in this meditative state, you may use your Divine Scourge ability, and you may use your call from beyond class feature. However, you may take no other action other than these or to leave the meditative trance. Leaving the meditative trance takes 1 minute of work, during which time you do not benefit from it and are considered helpless for all purposes.

I already have the ideas for 3 more PrCs, a preacher dedicated to breaching their way into the far realms and calling more powerful creatures from beyond; a warper obsessed with the corruption of all flesh; and a repetant doomsayer for the few good blasphemous preacher, dedicated to preventing damage caused by the far realm whenever possible.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Realms of Chaos;4083096
    [B
    Clarity In Madness (Ex): [/B]Starting at 2nd level, the madness a Blasphemous Preacher pursues begins to wear away at their mind. They take a penalty equal to half of their class level to all wisdom-based skill checks and will saves.
    However, with this madness comes true clarity. Once per minute, as an immediate action, the Preacher may instead gain a bonus of equal size to all wisdom-based skill checks, will saves, and to their AC for 1 round.
    Because DM's rarely keep track of time like this (YMMV), why not say once every 10 turns?

An artful bit of homebrew, in any case.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Awesome class- I want to play one now.
    Why are Rangers so racist?

Awesome Avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's always nice when one of my creations gets a good dose of fresh air.

Thank you two for your kind words.

As for the once per minute thing, that was stolen from the wording of Deformity (madness) in Elder Evils.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Hairb View Post
    Because DM's rarely keep track of time like this (YMMV), why not say once every 10 turns?

An artful bit of homebrew, in any case.
    It is doubly good to have it be 10 rounds and not 1 minute as from what I have heard on the grapevine in 4E they will not be saying "1 minute" but instead "10 rounds."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

changed clarity in madness so that it reads once per ten rounds.

I also changed the wording of invoke breach, blasphemous utterance, and summon vestige to be more friendly with the 1/day, 1/encounter, at will model that is being made.

However, I can't figure out a way to use this model with call from beyond and the aforementioned clarity in madness. any help would be welcome.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

This... Is... Win. Epic. Win.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm glad that you seem to like it.

Edit: In response to the post below, yeah. I'm sorry to have perpetuated the necromancy by giving thanks to the person who rose this from the dead. I'd make this point in a new post but that would make me an even worse offender so I am content just doing this...

I'm sorry. *droops head*
    Last edited by Realms of Chaos; 2009-12-04 at 06:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'd say this is a pretty bad case.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

[QUOTE=Bookmen;4177274]Here are some HPL style things I though up awile back.
    Though they may not have much to do with your class I thought you might like them.

-StonefLesh:
    Stoneflesh is the bane of all organic matrial in existance.
    Any organic matrial (living, dead, or undead) that touches it is quickly consumed by it and
    converted into more Stoneflesh. The Stoneflesh progressess at a rate of one inch per second. When the Stoneflesh
    has consumed all of the organic matrial it is touching the organic being will, if not all ready, be dead.

If someone or something touches Stoneflesh the only way to save them is to cut off the area that is
    being consumed, making certian to also cut off some of the surrounding flesh so as to ensure that you don't
    leave any Stoneflesh as even the smallest amount is deadly. Attempting to pull or brush Stoneflesh off of
    a person is NOT advised. Once Stoneflesh begins consuming matrial it does not cover a person then consume
    their insides, but consumes their internal organic matrial at the same rate as the external matrial. So
    pulling or brushing Stoneflesh will only serve to spread it more quickly.

If someone has gotten Stoneflesh on a vital section of their body (head, chest [i.e. heart, stomach, etc.],
    etc) we suggest you cut off/out the Stoneflesh section and the surrounding flesh and then find a Cleric to
    Raise them if they have died.

Destroying and transporting Stoneflesh is hard, but possible. Extreme heat such as that of a volcano
    will destroy Stoneflesh. Summoning up Lave or Fire Elementals who are capable of creating such levels of
    heat is a possible choice when choosing how to destroy Stoneflesh.

If you wish to transport Stoneflesh you must use a non-organic contianer to carry it. Boxes made of pure
    stone, magical force, ice, etc. are your only choices as they are not organic. For maximum security make certian
    that the stone flesh is completely surrounded by the non-organic matrial so that no flesh can fall in.

There is no save vs being consumed. This is a "die with no save" kind of substance so you are warned to
    use it in your games VERY CAREFULLY! That in mind we hope you use it and have fun with it. :)[QUOTE]

I keep thinking of an evil Cleric using stoneshape to make a stone mace with a chunk of this stuff on the end.

And by the way, Binding Naberius(Level 1 vestige) gives you "Ability regeneration"; you heal one point of ability damage to eath score every round and one point of ability drain each hour. It just seems like something that might make this class a bit exploitable.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice pseudonatural template there. Mind if I link to it on my Alienist (psionic) PrC?
    Last edited by GrassyGnoll; 2010-03-23 at 04:15 AM.
    A post about nothing.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wait...what...how... People still remember this thing???

Sure, link away. I had alot of fun making this monstrosity so that everyone could have some fun with it.