New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142
Results 1,231 to 1,239 of 1239
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Van Buren (IC)

"Wrench" Dodgson

Though he may or may not be, Wrench couldn't really disagree with trying to avoid taking on an entire hospital full of dogs.

"I dunno, iff'n ya managed to blow its brains out 'n ten seconds, I doubt they can be that bad. We don't got the ammo to take on fifty dogs, though."

He took up the rear, retreating with his back to the dogs, avoiding turning his back to them and maintaining vague eye contact.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2009-02-07 at 10:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Juggs whips his head back, casting a tense sideways glance towards Wrench.

"Our barricade should hold the dogs, but it's not going to stop that horned bastard. The moment he comes, it's going to topple, and then we'll be stepping in some real deep **** we don't have the shoes for. Best case scenario the mutts and horndog kill each other, but I wouldn't bet on it. Besides, I was lucky to sneak up on the first one; this time we won't be so fortunate."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

James nods as Wrench mentions the possibility of large numbers of dogs. "It doesn't really do us any good to fight off a horde and waste our bullets on dogs, rather use that ammo to defend ourselves against things that might try to hunt us down if we actually run away."

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Halfling in the Playground

Addison

Coming back from placing the body she looks back before looking at the exit.

"Frankly I'm up to getting out of here, who knows if killing that other bulldog won't enrage the rest of the pack and yeah I don't feel like getting involved with them."

With that said she moves towards the exit.
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alexis Bodar

"Looks like we all got a plan, let's move out people. Juggs opens the formation, Wrench closes it, first one to blow our cover gets to be thrown to the dogs."

Alexis then follows after the rest of them.
    A Revenant

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Orc in the Playground

As the group clamors out onto the skyway's roof via the office window, they hear a loud throaty bellow and a small vibration runs through the frame of the skyway. Behind them, plaster fills the corridor as a big, horned dog punches a whole through like a cat hearing a treat bag. The dogs scatter in a panic as the brute smashes into the barricade. Plastic cracks and metal squeaks as it thunders into it, causig debris to scatter all over the office. The barricade holds, but just barely.
    Another guttural roar comes from the corridor, the bull dog has been rebuked but doesn't seem ready to surrender, it's titanic form lumbering back into the darkness.

A measurable sense of safety passes over the posse as they get to the top of outbuilding 2, far away from the slavering dogs. If they were tenacious enough, they would start circling back or attempt to rush onto the skyway. The latter of which seemed rather unlikely thanks to the heroes' quick exit.
    Joab looks back towards the west, eyeing the DPD's region warily.

"The target is at the DPD still... Or rather, patrolling around it. I believe it is a search pattern. Given we have those canines and that machine following us, perhaps now is a good time to find a place to regroup and resupply."
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Juggs nods in acknowledgment of Joab's input, carefully taking stock of his surroundings before looking out towards the DPD himself.

"Thanks for the info Joab, and I couldn't agree more with your recommendation. I suggest we hightail it back to the camp, barter off our salvage, lick our wounds, and head on out to that weapons cache in the morning. Hopefully we'll make it back before night sets in. If not, we should aim to find a defensible position so that we can rest in some modicum of safety."

He then turns to face the rest of the team.

"Now then, how's everyone fairing? I take it there were no injuries during the retreat?"

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alexis

"I'm good. No dog bites, nothing. I guess we were pretty lucky. And I agree. We need to get back and resupply. We've got the auto-doc and all these other things, we can probably get VT or Cassie to take care of it for us."

With that, Alexis sighs slightly, taking a deep breath.

"Whatever we do, let's make a beeline away from the DPD area. Whatever that thing was, I don't want to see it up close, or it seeing us at all."

He takes out the drawn map that got them to the DPD in the first place, examining it. Turning it, trying to find where they could go through to bypass all those dangers, he snaps his fingers.

"Dang'it. Guys, remember what the old man Hardin said? Can't make it by night."
    A Revenant

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Halfling in the Playground

Addison

"No injuries on my part here."

She looks to the sun as Alexis talks about not being able to make it back at night.

"Well it'll be harder but why can't we make it back at night? Though if we really can't we should make a start on it now at least to put some distance before we rest."
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.