New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout: Van Buren (IC)

Alexis

"Alright, this is good for us, only a matter of time now. Everyone, be at ease, they're here to get us out."

He starts off to go through each and every cell.

"Cassie, could you please take care and assist Torres if he needs? You can tell him that we're proceeding to disabling the elevator itself, but returning power to the block. Or something like that anyway."

He smiles briefly at her and walks off, passing Wrench.

"Hey Wrench, try to get some leverage going. Or maybe Juggs would be useful here?"

He continues walking, going to the cells.

He pips VT:

Spoiler
    Show
    > Do you have anyway to make your presence visible? Can't you walk out of your cell? Are you hurt?

He moves from cell to cell in an attempt to find (although he doesn't know just yet) the robot.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-25 at 05:35 PM.
    A Revenant

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

*Having found nothing of further use, Juggs returns to the console, silently awaiting whatever fate the NCR troops mean to visit upon the inmates.*
    Last edited by Surrealistik; 2008-03-25 at 06:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

VT

>"No, my legs aren't working at the moment."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

OOC: yeah sorry, I didn't mean to slow up that biz there, just had a block of 3 classes in a row

James flinches back from the quick moving soldiers and quickly says "Stay back." Assuming the soldier moves back a little bit James lets them know that he is coming out, but wants everyone to stay back. He then slowly and cautiously exits the grate, ready to jump back in if necessary.

"Look, first, we have control of some of the power in our area, but to be fair we think there are robot guards in the elevator." The being fair part of the job out of the way, James continues in a rather blunt fashion. "But we'll need some assurance you aren't here to do the same damn thing." James, covered in grime and looking at his probably saviors, does have a slight feeling of shame. Still, that is quickly replaced by feelings of responsibility. "I won't let you hurt anyone down there." James is transmitting pip information intermittently, but he doesn't transmit his last sentence. He begins transmitting the second somebody replies, and will give the ALL CLEAR signal at what he thinks is about 4 minutes if he doesn't feel too threatened.
    Last edited by webgem; 2008-03-25 at 07:58 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Max yawned idly as he glanced around the area, occasionally looking down to read the Pipboy messages. He really was rather pleased with people taking initiative; saved him the trouble of having to do things himself, even if the only reason he left his hometown was for adventure. Laziness go~ He glanced down at the latest message just had to groan and shake his head as he scanned through what James had transmitted.

> Hey man, if they were out to get us, you'd already be dead. Besides, if they are here to kill us, we'd just die when this place falls apart anyway. Hurry up and cooperate with them already.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

*Relaxing by the control console as best he can in the bulk of his newly fashioned armour, Juggs dictates a quick message to webgem.*

>Try to determine exactly *why* they went through all the trouble of enacting this breach.
    >It is highly doubtful that their motives are entirely altruistic.
    >They've risked considerable danger, resources, and manpower through their actions, and have suffered fatalities, even bringing a *general* with them.
    >For what?
    >It cannot be for a bunch of prisoners without any real signifigance to them.
    >A general overseeing a rescue mission is beyond suspicious regardless of who they intend to retrieve.
    >Further, I doubt there's anyone of relevance within this cell block, otherwise, it is more than likely you would have been sent a message by such a person, who would in all probability, try and speak through you to the soldiers.

*Juggs then levels a query at all prisoners within his pipboy's transmission range, in an apparent bid to arrive at some degree of confirmation.*

>Are you of any especial importance to the NCR?
    Last edited by Surrealistik; 2008-03-25 at 08:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

Keeping one eye on his pip, and counting down the minutes as the stare down continues, James waits tensely for a reply. Juggs has some good points, but waits for them to make their next move, he put the ball in their court so to speak.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Alexis can find VT light close to one of the shower stalls. Don't read too deeply into why no one noticed it because it was a continuity issue.))

Torres drops down a smallish lobby with three corridors leading outwards, two leading left and right and one leading to what looks like a much large room. The walls in this lobby. The large room is about three stories high with three fused black pillars in the center around a large black structure built in the center of the room with walkways connected it to the balcony that runs around the perimeter of the chamber. Mirrored windows sit at the third story walls. At the corners of the walls at the bottom level are black pillars with an elevator door. There are three sunken areas between walkways that look like semi-holding pens, as well as doors to stairs and sitting areas. The place strangely feels like a technological hospital lobby than an actual prison.
    Coleridge shakes his head at Torres concerns.
    "There is no intent to harm anyone, civilian. My name is General Coleridge of the East NCR Defense Batallion. This is a rescue mission after some of my men and I were attacked and captured while on our way to Denver. The assailants. Brought us here and we realized the extent of the problem. The rest of my division came on a rescue mission and after freeing me the squad I was attached to, we simply could not abandon them. So we're prolonging the operation to get everyone out."
    "So you said there are more of those killers in the elevator already? We need to frag em." Pierce interjected.
    "We can't do that and save the hostages. Now then, we're moving-" Coleridge looked behind himself to where one of the elevators opened and a small group of about eight prisoners shuffled out and were headed into the larger elevator at the centre of the chamber.
    "As you can see, we're move as many people as we can out to the General. So long as we can keep the robots contained at the machine shop above, we can take our time. But the sooner we clear all the cells the better."
    "Up or down, those robots are gonna kill someone if we don't do something now."
    "Well we can't do anything so long as the elevator doors are locked Captain."
    "Hold on, I might have something." One of the soldiers who had been crouching in the sunken pit stands up, a Pip-Boy in hand. "We won't be able to open the doors until Block 3 is back on the grid. The backup generator needs to be working to put it back on the grid and at the very least, get the elevator to work. So either the generator shut down on its own or you used the computer console to do so."
    "The point, Mik?"
    "The console doesn't run if the backup power is out. However, if you just shut it down via console we can just turn on the console with a micro-fuse and shut down lower doors. We open the upper ones then and drop an amp or two. Then we're almost home." Mik paused and turned to Torrs. "You did shut down the block with the console, didn't you?" Coleridge looked intently at Torres and Pierce had a pained look.

---

None of the block 3 inmates reveal anything too note worthy. A few are citizens of the NCR including Cassie, but none classify themselves as anyone of a prestigious rank to warrant a military search and rescue.
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

James nods slowly, it seems to make sense.

"Not sure on how we did the electronics, not my strong suite let me check. ALL CLEAR, status on how we shut things down Cassie?"

James sends the pip message, and then turns to the soldiers. "I like that you seem honest. I also apologize for my rudeness. But if you do anything to break that trust, guns or not I'll make you pay."

Edit: James receives the message that Cassie had done the trick with the computer originally. "Okay guys, you know what is going on, so if you want to turn the power on, my vote is to go for it, but thats your call." He pips. "I guess it is up to them now, but if you need anything I can help, especially if there are any other captives to help." He says to the soldiers.
    Last edited by webgem; 2008-03-25 at 09:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Immediately Torres gets a vibe from Pierce as soon as he finishes his sentence. The guy seems to be watching him more intently. There's no telling if the other soldiers picked up on it.
    "Well, if you did use the console, it's a simple practice. We just need to use a micro-fuse."
    >Shut down the power to the grid?
    >Wrench and the others have been trying to do that, but I can also try down here...
    There is a pause.
    >Christ, the console doesn't have a back up battery.
    >It must feed directly from the grid.
    >I can't do anything here unless we can power the console.

"You think that's a good idea."
    "C'mon Pierce. The guy is small enough to fit through the ducts to get here, he can do it going down. Besides, it's one micro, what's he going to do with it? Cut and run."
    "Pierce, shut the **** up and let the tech work." Mik produces a sandy brown metal box with a yellow radioactive mark stencilled onto it.
    "This is a micro-fuse. Carries a lot of electrical juice to it. You just clamp the two cables onto the terminal power conduit just like they are for the generator. From there the computer will run. With that console running, you can run anything from the power grid, to the generator chamber, to the sumps, and even the call and dismissal of Fixits. If you can haul that back down below and get the power back on. Whoever shut down the power should know how to lock the elevator. Then you just have to-" Mike pauses. "Oh perfect, you have a Pip. Listen, let me just check that mine is being detected. That way when you have the doors locked you can tell us. We'll need you guys to clear away from the doors, the amp may cause some damage." Mik moves to examine Torres pip-boy.
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

James backs away suspiciously before the tech can fiddle with his pip. Something about that Pierce bothers him as well.

"I've gotta talk to the rest of the people down there before I let you in on all of our conversations, I can't decide that on my own."

He had been recording most of that any way, but to clarify he pips
    >They want to integrate with my pip, should I let them?

He takes a look at all of the people in the room, trying to get a better idea about who he was dealing with.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10)[6] vs per 7

OOC: Also, I'm going to bed for now, if everyone is okay with them fiddling with my pip I'll let them, if not I won't let them, but suggest that I just bring down the device and I could come back upwards. Either way I'm pretty much okay with being directed by the dictates of the party on what I do as far as the pip goes, my guy isn't a techie enough to know how it all works. But he doesn't feel bad about bringing the package down.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Wrench" Dodgson
    >They've got Pips too? Great - let them hook into the network, it'll help us work from this end.
    >Juggs, I've found the elevator maintenance panels, but they're too small - could you come down and give me a hand with opening it enough to get at the electronics?

Wrench makes an attempt to pry open the the elevator panel, with little success.

>Depending on the circuitry, I may be able to trip the elevator emergency brakes and trap the robots in the elevator with a micro-fuse. Do they have any up there?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

*Eyeing the incoming text from his pipboy with rapt fascination, Juggs dictates a quick reply.*

>As long as we relay only what is absolutely necessary to the NCR tech, I don't see a problem with permitting him limited access to our network.
    >Just be certain that his actions are restricted to those initially specified.
    >Watch him closely as he handles your pipboy, and withdraw it in the event he does anything you might find suspicious.
    >When you are beyond earshot, be certain to disclose your assessment of these NCR soldiers.
    >Though their story seems plausible enough, it astounds me that a heavily armed, and disciplined NCR battalion, capable of fighting their way into this facility so effectively, could suffer captures by the Warden's machines.
    >It is of further curiosity that its very general could be seized; an individual who invariably would enjoy the greatest protection of any person in the regiment.
    >I would not be so quick as to abandon all suspicion just yet. Something seems quite amiss here.

*Noting Wrench's message shortly thereafter, he makes a hasty response, heading off towards his location.*

>Indeed, a microfuse has been issued to James, who is to bring it down here via the ducts.
    >As for the awaiting gruntwork, I'm on my way.

*He sighs.*

"Right then, I'll give it a go."

*Juggs begins straining at the stubborn panel, investing himself mightily into the effort.*

"Hurrghh!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10)[2] vs STR 6
    Last edited by Surrealistik; 2008-03-25 at 11:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ((I forgot to mention, Wrench would probably recognize the term micro-fuse to be slang for a Micro Fusion Battery.))

With the permission of the rest of the posse, Torres relinquishes his arm and allows Mik to take a look. Pressing a button, the techies eyes scan across the screen.
    "Four-seven-eighty-five, that's what I was looking for." He nods to himself. "Right." He hands the box to Torres. "Again, tell me when the power is on and everyone is away from the elevator and we'll deal with those bots."

Before Torres leaves, he notes that the higher ranked soldiers are wearing heavier ballistic armour along with automatic rifles. All their equipment looks to be in rough condition, as if they had been involved in a protracted battle. Mik and a few of the other lower ranked troops are wearing armour that appears to made up of NCR leather but also some salvage. Some of the soldiers have been given better weapons, but are wearing the prison uniform. Coleridge has the familar blue short-sleeves on, but has had a ballistics very and helmet put over top.

---

Cassie ponders on what was revealed and of Jugg's concerns. Cassoe os about to speak when she hears the grunting and straining. She watches as Juggs hefts at the hatch and yanks it open with a groan of the structure.
    Using some of the glowing goop, Wrench spies a few heavy duty cables running up and down the back of the hatch. The light is difficult to use, but these cables don't seem to be universal like the others and seem to be using a different code altogether. Fortunately, with the power off, there shouldn't be any problem with cutting them at random.
    "Wait a second, Mister Wrench." Cassie warns. "Even if we stop the elevator by cutting the cables, how are we going to get up without it functioning? We'd be safe, but still trapped. Perhaps that isn't the best route."

15. - Top - End - #165

"Wrench" Dodgson
    "Hmm, looks like there's no way to get at a maintenance panel. Sorry to waste your time, Juggs. If I could get at a proper maintenance panel I'd have been able to disable the elevator by tripping the emergency brakes, but if I just cut here it's not going to do much more than crash the elevator."

Wrench puts away his tools and steps back. "I don't intend to trap us here, Cassie."

He pushes down the microphone button.

>Ask them to send down a second micro-fuse. Powerful as they may be, I don't think just the console will be enough.

16. - Top - End - #166

Alexis

"What the..."

Approaching V, he attempts at picking him up delicately.

"You're... a robot?" Raising an eyebrow, genuinely surprised.

Taking V's essential parts with him, (Or what he says his vitals are) he goes back towards the main group.

"Hey.. I've got something for you here, Wrench. Looks like a 'bot. And it sure has seen better days."

Laying V down not far from Wrench in a sitting up position, he grabs his pipboy.

> Ok, let's let them in on our pipboy records.
    A Revenant

17. - Top - End - #167

"Wrench" Dodgson
    Wrench examines VT in half-wonder, having never worked with a robot before. They were far too rare to be seen during his apprenticeship with the Raiders of Clearwater.

"Alright, I'll need a diagnostic - I haven't got the tools to do any major repairs, but I'll put together what I can." he says, starting with the essential legs, picking one up and examining it, then the socket that it had been removed from.

"Let's see, huh, looks like someone's just removed your limbs. It'll take a bit of time, but shouldn't be hard."

Spoiler
    Show
    Since there's no 'real' damage, so to speak, I think repair is the most appropriate here. I'll retry until I succeed, representing time taken to finish the job.

Repair 31 - (1d100)[19]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[79]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[58]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[46]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[51]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[70]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[77]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[50]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[63]
    Repair 31 - (1d100)[48]

EDIT: Heh. Haha. HAHA. I roll 10 Repair checks and all but one fail - and the one that succeeded just so happens to be the first!

I'm so glad I chose to take luck 10.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-03-26 at 03:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Max arced an eyebrow at Alexis, then at Wrench, stepping forward only when the man proposes repairing VT.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! The hell do you think you're doing? Leave that rustbucket here; we don't need any robot attacking us after we've managed to break out of our cells. For all you know, this could be one of that warden's tricks. If anything, repair that sucker when we get the hell out of here, with those soldiers' guns trained on it in case it tries anything fishy!"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

James stops before leaving and double checks with the tech to make sure one is enough. He pauses another second.

"Look, this might be a lot, but could you spare any weapons in case anything goes wrong with the elevator situation? We don't have any way to defend against the security."

After he hears the answer, possibly another micro fuse, and is possibly given some firepower (if not he doesn't argue), James heads back down the way he came.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10)[7] v str 6
    (1d10)[8] v agil 10
    (1d10)[4] v per 7

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

VT

The robot hangs it's head at an angle when Alexis steps into view. "Technically I am a human-interaction android intended to assist non-mutant humanoids in the event that they find their way to my Vault. Though, I suppose the moniker "robot" would fit as much as "monkey" fits for a human." If it was possible, one would think the robot was insulted by Alexis' words. None the less, the android is a simple human-shaped robot with simple legs, arms, and a head. It's entire body is painted soft robin egg's blue, and it's face appears to be smiling perpetually.

When Alexis takes VT to Wrench, the smiling robot looks toward the repairman with a sense of relief in it's electronic, monotone voice. "Good evening, humanoids. You must be the one who was transmitting electronic information earlier. My limbs are fine, but they are internally disconnected from my torso. A simple issue for someone with your skill."

When Max speaks up, VT immediately corrects him. "I do not know what this "Warden" is. If you're talking about the poorly simulated AI voice that I noted during your P.I.P.Boy transmissions, then no, I do not work for a warden. I am the doctor, maintenance-android, and psychologist of Vault 18. My serial number is VTHRMD-NW-201-BD. I prefer to be called VT." The android focuses it's eyes on Max. It's metallic face never stops from it's smile and it's eyes remain unblinking.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-03-26 at 11:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Pierce's reaction darkens at the suggestion of providing a weapon to Torres. Mik simply shakes his head.
    "I'm afraid neither option is either available or reasonable. The micro should be enough to get the jump start you need to get the console running. As for a weapon..."
    "In all seriousness, we already had one of my men attacked by a crazed prisoner with a screwdriver. I'd hate to have any serious weapon in the hands of anyone who could be dangerous."
    "You heard the general. That's all we can really do. Just send us the signal when everyone is ready and we'll scrub the bots." With that, Torres is hoisted into the duct and quickly makes his descent back down into block 3.

---

Wrench's job is pretty elementary, just a little bit of probing and fitting is needed and the occassional use of the multi-tool in order to reach the links closest to the inner frame. It only takes about ten minutes of fiddling before he is done. VT's diagnostic gives an all clear on the part of its chassis and extremeties.
    The software however, proves to have some issues as the GPS and the Pip try and communicate. After some ham-handed adjustments, the system merely pops up several write-protection notices, the system practically wagging a finger for trying to mess with it.
    Cassie is rather amazed at the discover and crouches down, clearly impressed by the design. She remains silent however, allowing Wrench to work.
    "Hey! He's back!" Someone calls, pointing to the torchlight coming from the ducts as Torres emerges with the battery in tow.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

*Juggs nods at Wrench's explaination and quickly refocuses his attention on his pipboy, broadcasting the following message specifically to Torres.*

Spoiler
    Show
    >What is your opinion of these NCR soldiers?
    >Did you observe anything suspicious?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGuy

James Torres

After dropping of the device, James makes his way to Juggs and talks quietly with him, reviewing the situations briefly.

"Only one, Pierce, seemed to really be a cause for concern. Maybe he just doesn't like me though, hard to tell. They wouldn't give us weapons, but would you? It seems fishy, but we just have to keep on our toes. No real other option now. Besides," he leans in more closely, "I had two options, up or down, in that vent. When I went down it was all water, and I don't think it was supposed to be. I didn't have time to check if it was rising or not before I heard gunfire, and if this goes quickly it won't be an issue, but it's something to take note of."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

"All water? Do you mean to say that there was observable flooding? In either case, I'm sure any leaks will quickly be staunched by the fixits. Our concerns should be primarily vested in escaping from this facility safely, though your discernment is noted."

*Juggs then frowns.*

"As for the NCR soldiers, you speak the truth, we are powerless to do anything but trust in them, and remain vigilant. Once we are extracted, I will be keen to clarify a number of details with their general if possible, but for now, shall settle with the disseminations of the tech."

>Greetings.
    >I understand you are the NCR tech assigned to our rescue.
    >There have been a number of perplexing questions on my mind.
    >Perhaps you could provide some clarity?
    >How is it that your general managed to be captured amongst your battalion?
    Last edited by Surrealistik; 2008-03-26 at 03:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

"Wrench" Dodgson
    Wrench stepped back from VT and helped him up. "Call me Wrench. Good to meet you, VT." Having introduced himself, he took the Micro Fusion Battery.

Wrench gets the micro fusion battery hooked up to the console quickly, and signals to Cassie that it's ready to go.

"Alright, the console should have power now. It won't last forever, so whatever you need to do, it'll have to be done now."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

There is a long pause before Juggs gets a response.

>Due to the political situation in the west at the moment, our higher ups had deemed it necessary to only send one company of soldiers out east to the outer reaches of the frontier.
    >This meant the entire company was spread out into sections patrolling neighbouring communities and moving east.
    >The section the general and I were in were to make a bee-line directly to Denver and redezvous with other sections.
    >The raiders and mutants were kept on the fringe.
    >Taking the Eastern line, we would by pass are way to Denver and re-establish the NCR's influence in the area.
    >After passing through Cipher territory, all of our electronic devices were hit by a powerful jammer.
    >Both of our vehicles were immobilized.
    >The only thing coming off of the radios was a powerful pulse, we had thought we hit a rad hole.
    >We had seen some lights on the horizon and the general ordered a squad to investigate.
    >When we heard gunfire, we were expecting trouble to come from that direction.
    >We didn't know what due to that radio interference.
    >A large black machine we couldn't identify showed up from our flank.
    >Thing moves like lightning and gassed the campsite.
    >It must have been a sleeping agent.
    >Next thing we knew, about six of us had been placed in Block 7.

---

"Alright here goes nothing." Cassie works quickly on the controls. Making a sound of frustration as she made several errors and led to correctional noises by the console. It took all of about two minutes, but it felt like twenty as the battery quickly faded.
    At the two minute mark, this is a low and steady hum as the the generator charged. Then a loud clack and the lights flickered back on with little no warning, much to the chagrin of some of the inmates. Cassie only paused to shield her eyes before working on the keyboard more.
    The humming sound died down and was replaced by a hiss coming from the pillar. Cassie stepped away from the console as the image wavered and then went black.
    "Whew. It's a lot harder to get that thing working that I thought." Cassie commented as she wiped some sweat from her brow. "Anyway, I also stopped the elevator. There's no telling where it is but now we don't have to worry about any hostiles coming for us."

The loudspeaker crackled.
    "Oh you're ready to negotiate now? I see you finally realized the error of your ways in trying to stop the inevitable. I wonder though, was it because you were hungry? Or maybe because you didn't like the Fixits keeping you up? Or perhaps you have just grown up and are now ready to accept your punishment. Sadly, I don't have much mercy left in me. I am very well aware of what you and your friends have been doing, but all that it is that you're doing is making me sad. How unfortunate. I was beginning to like you, and would have been willing to let you all off on good behaviour. But that would have required a great deal more on my part than you realize. The court system has all but shunned me over the past few -hundred- years. But then I cannot blame them for not liking me for not liking them for not liking my methods or the methods of anyone else. But here I'm rambling when there is your-
    "Hold on. What have you done now? Locking the elevator will not help you any. You still won't be able to get out, nor will you be provided food or clean water. If it weren't for the integrity of the facility's super-super structure, I would even remove the Fixits. Though they make a wonderful sound when they're agitated, don't they. I am not completely a monster."

27. - Top - End - #177

"Thank you Wrench."

Looking at the obvious fascination Cassie was displaying observing the robot, he smiles, a bit like he would if he saw a young girl watching a nice doll through a window.

But then, there -was- a kind of barrier between the humanoids and the robot. It was invisible, non palpable. He was just a machine, a fine program perhaps, but in the end, it was just a big clock.

"I disagree Max. This guy had his limbs disconnected and he was dumped in the showers. If anything, the Warden could have used his parts to manufacture another robot, or attempted at reprogramming it, so it wouldn't just be lying around in the shower rooms, thrown away like an old alarm clock."

He looks at VT.

"So you're a doctor, huh? Well, you've got NCR personel up there. You might be able to go back to the Vault soon. If we manage getting out."

> To NCR Personel: We have a robot down here. Non-hostile. Model

He stops and asks VT to repeat his number.

> Model VTHRMD-NW-201-BD. VT, he looks different from the other robots around. This one has a perpetual smile on his face. You'll love him. He's a robot programmed as a doctor. I'm sure we'll need him, so don't just go shooting him when we get out.

He turns to Wrench and Cassie and gives a nervous smile.

"Let's get out of here, I hate confined spaces."
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-26 at 05:19 PM.
    A Revenant

28. - Top - End - #178

Alexis (Sorry for the double post)

> To NCR Personel: The power is back.. but who knows for how long. The elevator has been locked.

> Tell us what you're about to do so we can take appropriate measures.

Alexis breathes deeply and sighs. His minor claustrophobia was getting him nervous. He wanted to be outside. Actually, he wanted to be outside riding his old Harley, the wind whipping across him.

He almost felt like crying from overjoy just thinking of that, but at least it calms him down sufficiently.
    Last edited by El_Frenchie; 2008-03-26 at 05:22 PM.
    A Revenant

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

VT

The android assesses the health and dispositions of the humanoids around it. It notes the super-mutant talking into his PIPBoy. It wasn't programmed to deal with mutants, but then again, no one expected survivors in the event of a nuclear holocaust. It takes a moment to assess the survivability of the mutant, but ultimately writes the mutant off as expendable should the survival of the non-mutant humanoids be an issue.

It divides it's "consciousness" again, immediately beginning work on it's software while remarking to the female humanoid that was appraising it. VT's initial attempt at fixing the GPS and intergrating it with the PIPBoy's automapping system proves fruitless, so the Android tries again while appraising the female humanoid's eyesight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Programming Check: First Attempt: 65 vs 60
    Second Attempt: 44 vs 60.

Perception Check: 7 vs 7

Doctor Check: 33 vs 42

"Greetings, female humanoid. Are your eyes troubling you?"

EDIT: To Alexis

"I would not like to return to my Vault.. My job was to ensure the maintenance of both the robots and the humanoids in the Vault. But my internal clock reset approximately 176 years ago, which I can only attribute to a loss of power. When I powered back up, the humanoids were dead and the robots were non-functional. I have spent quite some time in my Vault, sixty-three thousand five-hundred and fifty-six days to be precise, and there are only so many times one can see the same rotting humanoid sack of meat before things get.. Boring, I suppose?"
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2008-03-26 at 05:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Alexis

"You really... did not need... to tell me that last bit."

"Her name is Cassie by the way. I am Alexis. This guy who fixed you is Wrench. The big guy there: Juggs. The small guy over there: Torres. And this is my inmate, Max."

"Everyone, meet VT."
    A Revenant