New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help or Destroy

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Help or Destroy

(20 years before Battle of Yavin (during episode 3)) Within a small port in Starport Tower 216, a subspace docking station orbiting Bothawui, Krith Aay and Linnae are taken to make a final payment on their new ship that Mia Annix has taken up to build. The first payment has been recieved, and she has an offer to help you pay for the rest. She sits behind her desk in her chair with several droids standing around her, heavily armed. She looks up at you as you enter.

"Finally, I've been waiting for you. I've thought of a way for you to pay off the debt you have aquired from this ship I am building you. As you know, I'm one of the better shipyard owners in this area. But someone has recently taken up similar work planet side named Jerot Daagh. I require him to . . . stop. . . however possible. But I prefer this not to be traced back to me, so just don't be too messy about it. I've heard stories of some of your past work. This will work well for both of us, by that I mean me of course. If you die, I get your downpayment and a great ship to sell. If you live, I get more buisness. I'll pay you 150,000 credits for making sure his buisness gets shut down permanently. We'll talk when you get back on how to finish the rest of the payment. Oh, and I want you to take one of my superior droids with you to make sure you get the job done right. But if it doesn't come back in one piece . . . well. . . I'm rather fond of this one. I'd hate to have to kill you. Now, your ship leaves in 2 hours. Any questions? "

Mia glances at several datapads on her desk and begins working through them, waiting for you to speak quickly or leave.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-03-22 at 02:08 AM. Reason: adding time period

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Default Re: Help or Destroy

Linnae appears calm despite the theatening situation. Her blaster rifle hangs from her belt, hand ready to use it if necessary.

Before we go, is there any other useful information you can give us? Specific location, how to find him, security measures, or at least what he looks like?

3. - Top - End - #3

Imp

Krith Aay remains quiet as Linnae speaks. Over the years he has learned to let her do the talking while he does the walking. His blaster rifle/grenade launcher hangs from his belt. His jetpack is strapped on his back with a missle launcher just beneath ready to be grabbed as well if needed.

4. - Top - End - #4

MonkGuy

Mia Annix continues to browse and type information out on her datapads."He is a filthy human located in the city Urval'starn on the western side of the planet. Just look for another port that builds ships, he's the only other one in the area that does. But I'm sure you would have figured that out." She looks up briefly, resizing you. Then goes back to work.
    "Security measures would most likely include several body guards, of unknown experience. Possibly some lesser model droids. But my spy told me he may have hired some more experienced people as well. Of course, that was a few weeks ago, and my spy has not called since. But oh well, I no longer have to pay her I suppose. As for description . . . I haven't seen him personally. But I have heard he enjoys to stand out, he likes the attention." Mia pauses to look up at both of you. She hits a button on her desk and the door opens behind her. A very serious looking droid walks up behind Mia now, clearly heavily armed and prepped for battle at a moments notice.
    "I can not emphasize enough how much I do NOT want this to come back to me. This is the droid you'll be taking with you to insure you do not screw this up for me. It is one of a kind, I made it myself. So I will know if you attempt to switch it with another for any reason." Mia looks strongly at Krith Aay during this part. Eyeing up the grenade and missle launcher strongly, then glancing back at her droid hoping for some reassurance before going back to work."Anything else? Or are you ready to get to work."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

"Can we take our ship now, or are you going to lend us one of your transports?"

6. - Top - End - #6

MonkGuy

Mia looks up at you rather crossly. "Do you take me for a fool? I let you take your ship when it isn't even half paid for? What's to stop you from running and dropping my droid off somewhere? No, I have purposfully avoided installing your engines until last. You will finish this mission, and when my droid returns, your ship will be ready for your last part of the payment, or my own to sell. You will be taking a transport. It leaves in an hour and a half, my droid knows the way. Now get out of here. I have to start work on several hidden compartments on some outbound flights." She waves you off. As she does, the droids surrounding her pull their guns to bear and watch you closely.

7. - Top - End - #7

Imp

Krith puts in hand on Linnae's shoulder and motions for them to leave. He waits for the droid to lead the way to the transport.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

EX3 waves at Mia and walks out the door, waiting for Linnae and Krith to follow. A heavy blaster pistol is inside of it and EX3 is ready at any moment to draw it out.

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, where am I suppose to know where to go and how do I get there? Oh yeah and do I have facial expressions. I know I have some knowledge of what humans feel and so on, but can express those same emptions knowing where they apply.
    Last edited by Sarin88; 2008-03-26 at 09:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

(Outside the office.)

Perception DC 26
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk out the door, you notice two red eyes in the shadows, reflecting light from the door behinid you. As you stare at the figure, you note that it is of medium build with a somewhat scaly appearance -- most likely a Trandoshan.
    Last edited by DarthTelson; 2008-03-27 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Changing the DC

10. - Top - End - #10

Imp

Krith Aay follows EX3.

Perception Check: 1d20 + 8 = 19
    Last edited by Trinak; 2008-03-27 at 11:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 = 23

Linnae follows EX3.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to follow them. Do I roll for stealth in order to do that? If I do, I roll a 13 + 14 = 27. If not, I just keep the 26, right?

13. - Top - End - #13

MonkGuy

Input Darth Telson's character name that only the DM and he knows at this point here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    you follow them, keeping to the shadows. They appear oblivious to you as they wander the streets. The human is totally oblivious to anything surrounding him. You can't make out exactly where the droid is focusing its eyepiece, but believe you did not get noticed by it. There is one close call as you walk though, the twilek female glances back. But you believe you hid behind a drunk human walking perpendicular to their route just in time.

Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you walk down past the bar, you get the odd feeling that you are being watched. Knowing to trust your instincts, you glance around quickly but casually, seeing if you recognize anyone from earlier. But all you see that catches your eye is a drunk human walking out of the bar with some sort of back problem. You decide it is nothing and continue walking.

EX3 walks to the left, at a casual pace. It takes you past a small grocery outlet area, and continues walking past a bar with a name so worn down no one can read it anymore. After a while, you enter a docking port with three transports in it. Two (the far left and middle one) appear to be in the process of being prepped for launch. EX3 walks onto the far left one without showing any ID to the armored guards surrounding it, who appear fearful to even look at the droid and instead glare at Linnae and Krith Aay.

Guard Perception checks: 12, 20, 17, 29
    Darth Telson's character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    you walk casually but quietly behind these creatures you saw exit Mia's office. As you enter the docking area, a guard stares directly at you. You can't make out what type of creature it is due to the armor it wears. It taps it's partner and speaks in the partner's earpiece (make a perception check if you want to try and overhear what is said (I wont make too many notes on what you can do in the game, just a reminder on what you can do and help you get a lil more involved if you want.)). Then the creature looks at you directly and nods to the middle ship, then begins walking in that direction. When it approaches the ramp (which is facing away from the left ship) it stops and looks casually around, waiting for something.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tahgrrah makes a perception check to hear the gurad. 1d20 + 13 = 25.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Linnae whispers to Kirth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm getting the feeling that we are being watched. I looked around but didn't see anyone that looked too suspicious. Just some drunk guy with back problems, but he looks harmless. I think it would be safe to stay aware of what's going on around us just in case if something happens.

Linnae continues to follow EX3 towards the transport and glares back at the armored guards.

16. - Top - End - #16

Imp

Upon hearing Linnae's whisper Krith looks around casually as they head to the transport.

Perception check: 1d20 + 8 = 28 (natural 20 baby, does this mean I can read the perception 26 post now).
    Last edited by Trinak; 2008-03-30 at 10:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (roll another stealth check, but put the new value in a spoiler tag to me, because you now have some unnoticed modifiers on your side (at least, they are now in effect since the guard noticed you)
    You listen closely, and distinctly hear the guard whisper "Jerot Daagh's man is here. He must be following those pests with Mia's droid. Cover my shift while I pass on the information we were supposed to." The guard is now standing by the middle transport's onramp, which looks in a hurry to take off.

(Devon: no, you may not read that perception check, its gone (After something else comes up later on, you can look back if you want, but I'll tell you when it will be alright to do that). This new perception check will show your current surroundings, which could prove to be quite interesting, I'm waiting on something before I can say what you see now. While waiting, Kristen and Shalynn can also atempt another check if they want. (I won't remind you to make checks much unless there is something that could prove to be vital to the plot later on (hint, hint), or If I just get bored , or if I just want to fake you out. Anyway, checks will pretty much be up to you all on when you want to try for more random info for the most part.)

The guards square their shoulders towards Linnae at her glare back at them. They reach for their weapons, but don't bring them to bear, mearly hover their hands over them. They watch her closely now. One moves onto the ramp, but does not advance on you.

(I'll post again in a bit when I get a result. Then I can say more of what you all see (you may as well all make a perception roll I guess, no point in me just saying what Devon's character see's when you all could see different things since your at different points (ie: Shalynn is up the ramp and kinda in the ship, Kristen is up the ramp but not in the ship but thus at a higher angle then Devon, Devon is behind Kristen but at a better view for the base of the whole port, and Garrett is where Garrett is (HA! You thought I was gonna say what he was doing didn't you!).)))

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    stealth roll: 1d20 + 14 = 21

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Perception Check: 1d20 + 11 = 31 (I got a natural 20 too! And no, I didn't mess with the die or anything!)

20. - Top - End - #20

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You look around the docking port to look for anything suspicious. You notice a pair of robed figures getting off the far right transport, they head up the corridor you just came down. Across the way you see what is clearly a starfighter with a single Jedi getting off. He appears to be a Rodian. He pays the nearest guard something and walks up the corridor as well. The guard waiting by the onramp of the middle transport in your port looks a little annoyed at having to wait. He looks over at you and nods again, towards the area in front of himself this time, and then glances away.

Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    you see a Trandoshan standing in the middle of the docking port, seemingly unsure of where to go. Near him is a Bothan that seems to be bumping into people rather effortlessly and walking away with an extra wallet in his hands. You also see further up along the upper wall above the furthest transport an astromech that seems to be floating downward, you can't tell if there is a jet pack type system on him, or if he is literally breaking the laws of physics somehow. You notice that several of the guards are now looking at you specifically. They are talking into communicators and a few glance behind you before quickly looking back at you. When you turn around to see what they are looking at, you see a glass window, pitch black on the other side. You look closer and can make out a few shapes inside, possibly boxes, possibly more guards, you can't quite tell.

Krith Aay
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look around the docking port to look for anything suspicious. You notice a pair of robed figures getting off the far right transport, they head up the corridor you just came down. Across the way you see what is clearly a starfighter with a single Jedi getting off. He appears to be a Rodian. He pays the nearest guard something and walks up the corridor as well. The guard waiting by the onramp of the middle transport in your port looks a little antsy and impatient for something. The guard waiting by the onramp of the middle transport glances back at a Trandoshan, which looks a little lost. Near him is a Bothan that seems to be bumping into people rather effortlessly and walking away with an extra wallet in his hands.

EX3
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I rolled for you) You see further up along the upper wall above the furthest transport an astromech that seems to be floating downward, you can't tell if there is a jet pack type system on him, or if he is literally breaking the laws of physics somehow. You log it away in your databanks to replay later and study. As it is, the transport is about to take off, and your companions are still not on. Mia will not be happy if any of you miss this shuttle ride. An image of her being unhappy at another fleshy creature comes to mind, it did not end well for that Twi'lek. You also remember that you are in charge of making sure this mission is accomplished correctly with no snags. Your logic sensors make it clear you should get the others on the transport rather quickly.

The engines on the far left transport begin humming to life. Not long after, the middle transport follows suite.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-03-31 at 09:00 PM. Reason: because I can?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tahgrrah looks left, then right, then casually advances toward the nodding guard by the middle ship. He heads toward the onramp, intending to board. He stops as he comes up next to the guard but faces toard the ship and not the man at his side. Pretending that he knows the guard, he whispers, "You're late. Nexssst time don't take sssso long to get the ssship prepped. (deception 1d20 + 13 = 19)

22. - Top - End - #22

Imp

EX3 and Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krith lightly grabs EX3 by it's shoulder and Linnae by her arm. He begins whispering so only the two of them can hear.Hold your servos assassin bot. Something smells like a bantha turd. The covered dudes look interesting, but I'm more concerned with the gaurd on the middle onramp who looks like he's going to wet himself. Anyone up for giving him a fright to help it along?

23. - Top - End - #23

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Guards perception: 18. He looks at you from his peripheral vision, you think, inside his helmet. "Do you know how hard it is to get a ship cleared for take off on a moments notice Tahgrrah? Especially when we are trying to get it cleared before the one your following is? Now look, Jerot Daagh's been looking for you. He wants you to check up on something. He wants to know about a ship Mia has been working on practically for free. He knows she doesn't do that, and wants to know what kind of stunt she's making them pull for payment. Its for a twi'lek, and a human." Guard looks behind him at Krith Aay and Linnae and EX3 on the far left ships on-ramp. "That must be them, that is definetly Mia's droid. Now, there transport is heading to the general area of Jerot Daagh's port. Guess your better at this then we thought, you found them before you were even asked to. Anyway, this transport is ready to go. If you leave on it now, you can get there before them, so it looks less like your following them. Need anything else?"

Linnae, Krith Aay, and EX3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The guard on the ramp approaches you slowly. " The transport is trying to take off. Are you getting on or not?" The guard eyes Krith's launchers, and pulls his gun out slowly but is careful to not aim directly at the group. "There a problem here?"

EX3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your logic sensors begin warning of danger. You recognize this will definelty lead back to Mia if you start a fight here and now. Everyone here knows you are Mia's droid, and a little backcheck will tell where you all just came from. This will not end well to start a fight here.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I don't need anything elsse. I'll take off right now." Tahgrrah boards the ship and heads towards Jerot Daagh's space port as soon as he takes off.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Krith and EX3
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Come on Krith, let's just get on with the mission."

26. - Top - End - #26

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The guard waits a few more seconds after you get on the ship before walking back to his post. You feel some extra weight in your pocket as you sit down in one of the passenger seats.

The middle transport lifts off the ground and departs from the port. It begins its long decent to Bothawui. The guard that was by it moves back alongside another guard, appearing a little relieved in his walk.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since he has time to spare on the decent down to Bothawui, he puts the ship on autopilot but remains in the cockpit.Tahgrrah reaches in his pocket to find out what's in his pocket. He pulls it out and inspects it scrutinizingly. With his time to spare, he takes 20 on his perception of the object 20 + 13 = 33.

28. - Top - End - #28

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (based on your last post, I should clarify. Your a passenger on a transport, not the pilot. There are a few other people on board: 1 pilot, and 2 other passengers. There are seats for 30 people though, so it is kinda obvious to the other people it left early, but they dont care). You pull a datapad out of your pocket. Its a brief letter from Jerot Daagh that talks about something that makes no sense. Just random small talk. As you inspect it, you notice a slit in the side, you pop it open and see a smaller datapad. It explains briefly about Jerot Daagh's spy in Mia's droid followers transmitting about how the twi'lek and human have been hired to kill Jerot. He wants you to kill them first, and then blow up their ship they had her make. He makes it clear he doesn't care if they strike at him first, he just wants them dead before they leave Bothawui. He'll give you a bonus if you mail their heads back to Mia.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-04-02 at 06:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tahgrrah just sits back and ponders his next move as he waits for the shuttle to land. Should I continue working for Jerot and take out those two mia hired? Or should I take this as my opportunity to get rid of Jerot and collect the bounty on him? Which one is more profitable? If I could get those two to take out Jerot and then I find someone to buy his company . . . hmm . . . no. I'll have to assassinate those two, collect the pay from Jerot, then kill him, contact Mia and try to collect the pay she was going to give to that human and twi'lek, then sell Jerot Daagh's company and leave Bothawui before Mia realizes what has happened. Yes, that would bring in the most profit. Wait! The guard said that the droid traveling with them belongs to Mia. If I kill the twi'lek and human, I'll have to destroy it or it will destroy me, but if I destroy it, I doubt Mia would be pleased. She may not pay me even if I did take out Jerot. But then, she has lots of droids, I'm sure she can replace it. If not, I'll have made enough credits that I could buy her a new one. I'll have to think this through a little more . . . He does nothing until the shuttle lands.

30. - Top - End - #30

Imp

EX3 and Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh fine, but there better be something to blow up on this one. The last one was so boring, you just sniped the guy and that was the end of it.