New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help or Destroy

1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Help or Destroy

Without hesitation, my character slaps his heavy rifle into single fire mode (swift action), aims (swift and move actions), and fires at the guard directly in front of him who was checking the pilot out.

Attack Roll: 1d20 + 15 = 32

Damage roll: 4d10 + 6 = 33

Because I aimed, my target moves one step down the conditioning track if I hit him.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

The guard see's you aim and take a shot and fires a quick shot at you. It hits and does 19 damage. The guard checking the pilot is hit with a blaster bolt, causing visible damage (condition track drop). The twi'lek male behind the trandoshan aims and fires at the guard as well, but misses. The other four guards split up. two duck behind chairs and shoot at the trandoshan and twi'lek. The trandoshan takes 17, the twi'lek takes 23 and is wounded (condition track drop). The other two guards run up and grab the pilot and the other guard and drag them back behind some chairs for complete cover as long as they stay down. The two guards then aim their weapons above the chairs and ready themselves.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

EX3 grabs the blaster pistol that fell with it's good arm and tries to take some cover from as many people as possible who are trying to aim at me. I shoot for the twi'lek .

attack roll: 13+11= 24
    damage roll: 3d8 +6 = 18
    Last edited by Sarin88; 2008-05-02 at 12:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

MonkGuy

The twi'lek takes a blaster bolt from EX3, he is wounded. The three passengers stay behind their chair/bench things and shoot at Linnae. One shouts "She shot the pilot! She's going to kill us all!" One misses, but the other 2 hit doing 12 and 15 damage each.

(Ok, first round is over, Linnae's turn again)
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-05-03 at 01:36 PM. Reason: to know when I posted

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Linnae moves to get the best cover from everyone on the transport, in this order: Twi'lek and Trandoshan, guards and passengers. After moving she begins aiming at the trandoshan (1 swift action, so not aiming yet) and fires one shot.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 19 = 38

Damage: 3d8 + 11 = 24

6. - Top - End - #66

Imp

Krith drops his grenade launcher/blaster rifle at his feet (swift) and then grabs his missile launcher (move). He fires a missile (if possible to hit the trandoshan and twi'lek, if not the trandoshan).

Attack roll: 1d20 + 18 = 35

Damage roll: 6d6 + 11 = 33

Remember again DT and DR -5 (do you want me to keep posting this as a reminder?).
    Last edited by Trinak; 2008-05-05 at 09:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

(It's a good reminder, but what is DT and DR?)

8. - Top - End - #68

MonkGuy

(DT = Damage Threshold, DR = Damage Reduction.)

The trandoshan takes 57 from Krith and Linnae then (as far as I can tell, if not correct me Garrett). the Twi'lek feels the rocket as well and is again wounded visibly. Linnae runs and hides next to Krith so she is also in the nook to help cover from all sides. One guard fires at Krith on stun after aiming. He crits for 26 damage (I couldn't find any DR on your character, so if there is tell me) which also wounds you (your down the condition track x 2 since it was a stun weapon that dropped you). The other places a thermal detonator he just picked up in his pocket (move) and detatches a stun grenade from his belt (swift) which he throws at the square next to Krith and Linnae and hits causing 15 damage to both.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-05-06 at 11:28 PM. Reason: shot at wrong char.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

I switch my heavy rifle to autofire (swift), attack the most crowded group of people (DM's call as to which target will allow me to hit the most people with autofire. If tied for groups, I choose to shoot the guards), then back up through the doors I am standing in as far as I can go through to the ship I was on, taking cover behind the twi'lek or around the corner beyond the doors if I can make it (move).

attack: 1d20 + 4 15 = 19 20
    (I originally meant to put "1d20 + 14" but missed the 1 when I was typing it in. But I didn't know I was at point blank range so that bumps me up from a 19 to a 20, though I doubt that will make much of a difference.)

damage: 3d10 = 20
    Last edited by DarthTelson; 2008-05-12 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Fixing a typo

10. - Top - End - #70

MonkGuy

(Garrett, your attack bonus should be clsoer to 15ish cause you add yoru DEX with your Base Attack bonus, which is like 11 I think, plus the 1 from Point Blank Shot if you have it)

The trandoshan fires at 3 guards hiding behind their chairs, one fires back quickly (had a readied action to shoot anyone that shoots at him) with his gun on stun but misses. The trandoshan then runs back and hides to the side of the door of thie transport he came in on.
    The twi'lek fires a shot at Krith but misses. he then runs and hides opposite the trandoshan.
    Three guards ready themselves for the next onslaught of weapons while the fourth guard tries to help the pilot, while talking furiously in his comlink in his faceplate.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

EX3 aims at the twi'lek and talks into the internal comlink it has

Krith, Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Stuff you should know: when the Alderanian prince was unconcious, one of the gaurds was bending over him and slipped something into his pocket before advancing on us; the guards are not seasoned warriors; the pilot of the other ship had a false sense of alarm on his face when the door opened. The fake pilot who is now probably dead also threatened the other pilot of the other ship to pull alongside or else the prince would die and 'backup' would come help- don't know if it was bluff or not."

I attack the twi'lek

attack roll: 1d20= 17+11= 28
    damage roll: 3d8= 19
    Last edited by Sarin88; 2008-05-08 at 11:22 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72

MonkGuy

the twi'lek is hit but still standing.
    The 3 passengers stay down but take shots at Krith and Linnae. All miss. (Kristen's turn again)

(As to Devons question concerning Garrett's character, yes he took full damage from the missile. You beat his reflex, and he does not have evasion for half damage. And my bad, Garrett should have dropped a condition track on that one as well since the damage was higher then his damage threshold.)
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-05-12 at 01:19 PM. Reason: small mistake.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Persuasion check: 1d20 + 6= 21

"Why are you shooting at me? I've given you no reason to do so. Let's review the facts: One, the man I killed threatened us with two thermal detonators. Two, I haven't fired at you. Three, he has (pointing at the trandoshan)! Let's kill the trandoshan and then I can help treat any injuries."

14. - Top - End - #74

Imp

Krith stays within the nook to conceal what he is doing as much as possible.

Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Putting this in spoiler since my character is trying his best to do this with no one seeing. Guess up to DM how well this goes. He sets up a piece of detonite with a timer to explode in 2 rounds (so basically at the end of my second turn) and with a 25 disarm DC.
    Mechanics check- 1d20 + 15 = 30

Linnae, EX3
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is said into the comlinks so that only Linnae and EX3 can hear.Ok, fireworks set to go off in 12 seconds. Option 1, gaurds believe the lovely linnae and I chuck it at the trandoshan. EX3 you'll then need to close the doors. Option 2, I still chuck it at the trandoshan, but this time EX3 will need to take some cover as we hope the blast will shake us free. As there will be a cool hole in the ship now, Linnae and I will close the cockpit doors and everyone else who has a breathing requirement will die from lack of...well ability to breath.

15. - Top - End - #75

MonkGuy

Krith/Devon
    Spoiler
    Show
    you need to make a stealth check against their perception check to see if they notice or not. Technically so would Linnae, but she is standing right in front of you, so she should get like +50, lol. anyway, thats to see if you hide the detonite or not.

2 guards raise their heads and ready themselves. One calls out " My comrade tells me this pilot has no identification. However, he threatened you three, not all of us, as far as I could see. So for all I know, he was on to you three for something, and you may have stolen his ID. How else could he be let on to this in a pilots outfit unless the guards at the airport knew him or he had ID? And no you havent fired directly at us, but that seems more because the trandoshan and his friends are keeping you busy for who knows what reason. What did you do to him to involve all of us? We dont need help with injuries from you either, the pilot is coming to thanks to my comrade, and he may be able to help explain what is going on. If you would like, you can try to get everyone on to this ship, then we could question the pilot in the empty transport so he would feel more comfortable in telling us what is happening. While we question him, you can continue shooting at eachother if you want, but first I require the other transport to be empty. He gazes down the corridor at the trandoshan and twi'lek a little disapointedly.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

The Trandoshan calls down the corridor: "Sso what do you want with thiss ship? I may be a little trigger happy, but I don't mind ssettling thiss with ssome other kind of agreement. Look!" He throws his heavy rifle onto the ground in view of the other ship but keeps himself hidden. "I'm willing to negotiate."
    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there a way to give my character a react action so that the next time he gets shot at he can pull out his hold out blaster and shoot or something? I noticed the guards did something like that but maybe that was because they didn't talk or anything. I'm just not sure about the rules on that.

17. - Top - End - #77

MonkGuy

Garrett:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm counting talking as a free-action, since it doesnt really take much activity to move lips. Throwing your gun down could be a move action or standard action, and then your just using your other action, whichever you want it to be, to draw the hold-out blaster in your hand. You can ready an action instead of taking a standard action I believe, which is what the guards have been doing. So, if you wanted and have quick draw (using a swift action to draw your gun instead of a move/standard action), then you could do everthing you wanted in one turn: toss the gun, draw the gun, set an action that when you are fired upon, you fire back at them as well.

18. - Top - End - #78

Imp

Here's the stealth check you wanted, I think I should get some kind of bonus since I have cover and am in a nook, with my body covering what I'm doing.

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 = 27 (yay a 19 on the check, i love it when the dice love me).

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'm doing it the way you described, readying myself to quick draw and fire if fired upon.

20. - Top - End - #80

MonkGuy

(lol, Devon, you totally reminded me of the Darths & Droids where Obi-won is running in the forest and that droid is chasing and shooting at him on the hover gun thing, and he keeps yelling out how he matches his surroundings to try and get bonuses.)

The twi'lek looks over at the trandoshan confused and whispers:

DC 20 perception check for all except Garrett:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you sure you know what your doing? (Ha ha, you thought it was going to be something big and important in this spoiler box :) )

2 guards ready themselves for anything. One calls out We would like an area to question the pilot alone. So he doesn't feel quite so threatened. That is why we want that transport alone. If you want an unbiased party with us, how about that other pilot that came with that transport? He hasn't shot at anyone. How about if he stayed to make sure nothing was happening? 2 guards stand up and begin walking carefully to the corridor to the other ship to see if it really is safe.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-05-16 at 12:40 PM. Reason: kow when I posted

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Whispering to the twi'lek (another perception DC 20 I suppose):
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Just be ready for anything."

The trandoshan raises his voice to call back to the guard. "Alternatively, you could keep the pilot on that sship and we will allow your passsengers onto thiss sship while you perform your . . . interrogation."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

Perception check: 1d20= 15+15= 30

Krith, Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Speaking into the internal comlink- "I do not think the guards are trustworthy. They keep messing us up. I am fine with killing them, however we should not murder the prince that is on board. It would not due to get my mistress mixed up in this since we represent her."

23. - Top - End - #83

MonkGuy

The guard looks at the trandoshan as they pause before entering the hatch between ships. They carefully study the other ship as a bothan with really wet pants gets up from the ground and stares with an open mouth at them. The guards look at eachother then back down the hatch. There are 30 people on this ship, where as there appears to only be 3 or 4 on that one. Which would be easier to clear out? Now, we are looking for a more peaceful solution then shooting eachother. Are you willing to continue to comply? Are you looking for more guarentee's from the 3 would-be hijackers on this ship who appear to be more accomodating then you have been to this point? One looks to Linnae and Krith and EX3 to see what they can offer to help the situation. The other gazes at the trandoshan and twi'lek to see if they will comply. Do you want them to drop their weapons so you can come across and gain cover behind the chairs while we trade ships for the interogation?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

"Alright, I will cooperate as long as thiss sso called peace continues. I will sswitch my gun's ssafety on." He walks over to his gun, hefts it up, switches the safety on, and rests the rifle over his shoulder. "Bessides, I have ssome things to ssay to those hijackers." He looks over at the twi'lek.
    Speaking Ryl:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ssorry I got you into that firefight. I misssundersstood the ssituation."
    Last edited by DarthTelson; 2008-05-20 at 09:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

MonkGuy

Krith:
    Spoiler
    Show
    its been 12 seconds.

The two guards standing by the other transport stand aside as the trandoshan, twi'lek, and bothan begin to come across. Another guard stands up and moves to them. All 6 guards and 3 passengers look to Krith and Linnae to see what they will do. They also ready themselves.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

EX3 and Krith
    Spoiler
    Show
    If they move onto the other transport we can take this one and pilot it to the surface and continue on our mission. Everyone agree?

Linnae turns to the guards The only reason we started this fight was because we thought it would interfere with us getting to the surface. If you wish to take the other transport, that's fine, we can take this one with the Trandoshan. How does that sound?

27. - Top - End - #87

Imp

EX3, Linnae
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krith disarms the bomb (not even gonna roll since it's my bomb and you owe me DM for not telling me combat ended and suddenly the 12 seconds are up).

If the trandoshan and his companions promise to play nicely I can pilot this transport and any other passengers to the surface.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

"Then let uss go planet sside." The trandoshan walks back to the other ship. As he nears Krith, Linnae, and EX3 he adds quietly to them, "And as ssoon as we find ssome privacy, we can disscusss your current 'project.'"

29. - Top - End - #89

MonkGuy

The guards all stand up and drag the pilot across to the transport the trandoshan came from. The twi'lek and a bothan follow the trandoshan to this transport and sit down near the back. Several passengers look a little wary on this change of pilots, but sit akwardly down waiting to see if they'll make it to the surface or not. The guards look back accross the passage and nod. Good luck getting to the surface. We'll be following behind you. They close the door and bring back the docking ramp. The two transports float adrift of eachother.

30. - Top - End - #90

Imp

Krith moves to operate the transport. He engages the engines and beings flying towards their original destination.

Pilot check: 1d20 + 13 = 32