New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help or Destroy

1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Help or Destroy

(sorry, everyone make a perception check. Devon, are you in the pilot's seat, or the fake pilot's seat? I would guess the fake pilots seat since no one did anything to the body yet, but wanted to make sure. So, since your the only one in either piloting chairs make a second perception check also. If someone wants to touch the dead body to move it and also sit in a bloody pilot seat, then they can also make a second perception check I guess. First come first serve?)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Perception Check 1: 12 + d20 = 19

The traondoshan grabs the dead body and pushes it off the chair.
    Perception Check 2: 12 + d20 = 19.
    He looks at the blood on the seat, considers a moment, licks it, then considers again. "It is ssweeter when it'ss my own kill," he says. He sits down then turns towards Krith."My name is Tahgrrah."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 = 31 (Natural 20)

Linnae, looking slightly disgusted at Tahgrrah, replies, "My name is Linnae. What is your current mission?"

4. - Top - End - #94

Imp

Perception 1: D20 + 6 = 9
    Perception 2: D20 + 6 = 26 (yay 20, I'm hot).

Nice to meet you Tiger. My name isn't important. What is important is that if you double cross us, I'll strap enough detonite to your butt to launch you into orbit, or at least parts of you.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

EX3 moves over toward the trandoshan and Linnae. I figure that this is the best option for now to continue with the mission.

Perception check: 1d20: 15+ 9= 24
    I search for anything suspicious( that might hurt us):
    1d20: 15+ 20= 35
    Last edited by Sarin88; 2008-05-28 at 12:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yess, your mission. That'ss why I've been tracking you. I am fully aware of your current target and sstand to gain much from helping you asssasssinate my employer. You may not be aware that I am the head of ssecurity for his corporation, primarily the planet-sside headquarterss. I have accesss to any part of the compound you want, sso we can easily enter at your leisure and desstroy him. And after your sskillful display during the firefight, I believe I am going to enjoy hunting with you. Now, as for betrayal, I had no intention of harming you back there, nor do I have any reason to harm you now. When I ssaw that the guards had their guns aimed at you, I tried to gain your trusst by shooting them down. Unfortunately, without your aide, I could not eliminate them all. I am a hunter, not an infantry unit. I did not realize they were on your sside."

7. - Top - End - #97

MonkGuy

Krith/ Tahgrrah:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you sit in your pilot chairs and look out the viewport, you see that the other transport turns away from you, rather then behind you, and preps its hyperdrives.

Krith:
    Spoiler
    Show

You start up the engines and begin going down to the planet. Unfortunatly, for an unknown reason, you are unable to rotate the ship in any direction, and now that you have turned the engines on, they will not turn off or slow down.

EX3/ Linnae/ Tahgrrah:
    Spoiler
    Show

You notice that the pilot of the other transport has a devious smirk on his face as he closes his transports door and disconnects from your transport.

EX3/ Linnae:
    Spoiler
    Show

As the other transport door comes closed, you notice several of the guards taking off their helmets and you spy through the opening that one looks remarkably like the fake pilot, whom you also see standing up and laughing.

EX3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice a panel missing at the base of the control panel in front of Krith's seat. There are several wires poking out made up of various colors. There are also several electrical burns around the area on the floor. You also hear a subtle ticking/beeping noise.

Your transport begins heading towards Bothawui's surface, picking up speed quickly as it heads down. (Since you are all pilots, you all recognize that it is heading down much faster then it should be, but everyone else on the ship has no clue and are sitting quietly looking forward through the pilot door and just watching you or talking amongst themselves.)
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-05-28 at 08:49 PM. Reason: know when posted

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

"We're in trouble. Krith be careful, there's a bomb below you where a panel is missing with wires sticking out. Krith don't do anything unwise, but try to disable the exploding device."

EX3 moves around the ship, careful not to step on anything that might do something bad.

Perception (all around): 1d20: 15+ 11= 26
    Last edited by Sarin88; 2008-05-28 at 09:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Imp

Krith speaks so that the passengers can't hear what he's about to say. Ok, I'll take care of the thing that will blow us up now. However as you can all see we're speeding towards the planet and I can't steer or slow us down for whatever reason so we need to solve the problem that will cause us to go boom on the planet too. EX3, work with the computer to see if it's a programming problem. Linnae, look at the wiring to see if it's been rigged. Tiger I'm not sure what your expertise is other than security so do whatever you feel will help.

Krith then looks down at the bomb carefully to see what he's dealing with.
    Perception: 1d20 + 11 = 27

If it appears that I can disable the bomb without to many problems (ie explosion) I do so.
    Mechanics: 1d20 + 17 = 29

If the perception check reveals something that could cause further problems (ie explosion or why the ship can't turn) then I'll wait for a description of those problems before proceeding. Also my above rolls are assuming I'm back at normal condition. I figure it's been enough time to have spent the swift actions needed to do so.
    Last edited by Trinak; 2008-05-28 at 11:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

MonkGuy

EX3:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you glance around you see the Alderanian prince begin getting up, but still woozy. You cannot see any other bombs on the ship. Several other passengers are beginning to notice that the ship is going faster then it should be. One passenger looks like a moron and grinning in a way that makes it obvious he is unaware that he may die very soon. . . you wonder if he is a few gears short of a full posotronic brain. You also find 12 credits! . . . good for you. . .

Krith:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you stare through the missing panels opening, you see a readout in an unknown language which keeps changing rapidly. Wires from the engines are connected to it so that when they were used again, the bomb would turn on. You see several other wires have been cut, most likely those used for the ships turning capabilities. As you fiddle with the wiring of the bomb, the foreign language stops changing, so does the beeping noise. You notice behind the bomb several other wires have been cut. These are likely the ones for the turning.

The transport enters the atmoshere of Bothawui, continually trying to pick up speed.

(and yes, enough time has passed that everyone can be back to full condition track except Shalynn who hasn't fixed her arm with a Mechanics check yet, so its still limp and your still at a -1 :) .)
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-05-30 at 11:59 AM. Reason: didnt like something

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Tahgrrah gets up and looks toward Krith. "I'll check the maneuvering thrussters and make sure none of the wires or other componentss have been ssabotaged." He runs toward the aft of the ship and begins examining the circuitry and repairing anything that looks out of place.

Perception check: 1d20 + 13 = 23
    Mechanics check: 1d20 + 14 = 27
    Last edited by DarthTelson; 2008-05-29 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I meant perception, not persuasion check

12. - Top - End - #102

MonkGuy

Tahgrrah

Spoiler
    Show

You find nothing wrong in the aft of the ship. Although, the alderanian prince is patting himself worriedly and looking very confused. Several passengers look rather worried as you run by them to the aft.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Tahgrrah walks back up toward the pilot area. He considers telling the passengers not to worry, but they'd probably be more terrified of a trandoshan with a heavy rifle slung over his shoulder approaching them than watching one run by. He goes up to Krith, EX3 and Linnae to tell them what he found. "The aft engines and circuitry seem to be working fine. There must be ssomething wrong with the controls. Do any of you have computer hacking exprience? We're running out of time."

14. - Top - End - #104

Imp

Ok, I think I got the bomb disabled and figured out the problems. If Linnae and Tiger want to help me I think I can jury-rig this thing so it flys properly again...at least till we land...maybe.

Krith begins fiddling with the wires, trying to reattach the ones for turning and fix the ones for the engines, without reactivating the bomb.

Mechanics check: 1d20 + 27 (17 normal, +1 tool kit, +5 for using tool kit, and +4 if both Linnae and Tiger assist me) = 33

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Tahgrrah does what he can to help out. Do I have to roll a dice for this?
    Just in case:
    Mechanics check: 1d20 + 14 = 16

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Linnae assists Krith as needed.

Mechanics check: 1d20 + 13 = 25
    Last edited by Kilikina; 2008-06-03 at 10:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

MonkGuy

(sorry took so long, I'm workin now, and had to figure out exactly how assisting worked. So, we're gonna say Krith called out the wire colors for you two to assist him, since neither of you could have fit down there in the panel with him already there. That work? So, assistance is on page 61 of the saga book. To assist, you need a skill DC 10 check, so you both helped, and did not hinder.)

Several wires were too short to get to what you thought the original connections were, but through some ingenuity you were able to reconnect the wires in a way that you think might work. One or two wires were left undone, but your pretty sure they arent necessary, which is why you took wiring from them to make the other ones connect.

Your ship has entered the atmosphere and has begun its akwardly fast decent to the most populated city of Bothawui. The city has begun to hail you on the transmitter as well.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-06-05 at 10:58 PM. Reason: know when i posted

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

EX3 tries to talk to the computer of the ship to see if it is possible to slow the ship down that way or at least to find out what else may be wrong.

Use Computer: 12+14= 26

19. - Top - End - #109

MonkGuy

EX3 is now friendly with the computer. The com is still blinking with a hail from the city, which is also still approaching rapidly. Also, several passengers are complaing about going too fast. The one that looks like an Alderanian prince is crawling on the floor and under the seats around him, swearing liberally.
    Last edited by Rowen925; 2008-06-08 at 10:30 PM. Reason: know when

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Linnae responds to the hail. "This is Linnae. I'm flying a transport. It has been sabotauged. We are currently trying to fix the problem."

21. - Top - End - #111

Imp

Krith jumps to the controls to see if the problems are fixed. If so he attempts to slow the transports descent to prepare to land.

Pilot: 1d20 + 15 = 23
    Last edited by Trinak; 2008-06-10 at 11:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

MonkGuy

The tower responds: Understood Linnae, do you have experience in piloting? There's not a lot we can do for you down here until you attempt a landing. We'll prepare some medical staff. Do you require anything else when you touch ground?

The ship begins to roll and pull up slowly as Krith uses the controls to slow down. The craft is still coming down hot though, and is only 4 minutes from the capital of Bothawui. A few people have begun screaming as well. The inner cabin has begun to feel an increase in heat.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Is Linnae in the bloody pilot's seat? If not, Tahgrrah sits down in that seat again and begins doing what he can as a copilot, you know, reading ship stats and diagnostic messages outloud to Krith.
    Pilot: 1d20 + 14 = 22

24. - Top - End - #114

MonkGuy

(ok, so you now have an additional 2 points to your next pilot check Devon, make another roll to see if you can land succesfully unless someone wants to do something else before you all land)

25. - Top - End - #115

Imp

Krith uses the information he gets to make corrections as needed to the landing. He continues to try to land them safely.

Pilot check 1d20 + 17 = 18 (uh oh, natural 1)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

EX3 talks to the computer of the ship.

computer check= 6+ 14= 20

I ask the computer if anything else is wrong with the ship, pertaining to landing it safely and getting off of it safely; if sohow do we fix it.

27. - Top - End - #117

MonkGuy

The computer tells EX3 that there is nothing else wrong as far as it knows but goes quiet fast as a gust of wind pummels the ship. Tahgrrah calls out some coordinates to help maneuver, but Krith overcompensates and slams into the ground. The passengers scream as the ship bounces back into the air only to crash on the ground again and begins skidding fast towards the control tower.

(Okay, I need some info in order to say how this will end. Someone brought up the idea that y'all die to start the other one I had planned. Devon and Shalynn dont care either way, I dont remember what Kristen said, but Garrett should call me tomorrow preferrably (Thursday) so we can talk about what you wanna do, and what you wanna do about that ship you found. Kristen, Devon, and Shalynn can either e-mail me or post here what they would prefer or talk to me in some way so I can hear the sultry sounds of your voices. But I'd like a call from you Garrett so there's no mistake, and so we can talk about you using the ship in the other one or how to incorporate it into this one easily, whichever ends up being the choice.)

28. - Top - End - #118

MonkGuy

As the transport scrapes along at a high speed, the control tower hails you again yelling to slow down or divert course. You hear somewhere in the background over the passengers panic screams the tower yelling to evacuate the tower a little too late. The transport slams into the tower, making it collapse down ontop of you, killing you all.
    Well, except EX3, it took some work, but after a week your master found all your base parts and rebuilt you. But you were never the same again, you refused to work with anyone who used a rocket launcher or grenade launcher, no matter how many times Mia Annix tried to reprogram you. Mia also enjoys a brand new ship she made for some now dead people, which she sold to some Jedi running from Order 66. A few months later a man in a black suit with a regiment of storm troopers tracked the jedi through Mia though, and killed her and her droids with a red lightsaber and some blaster fire when she wouldn't tell them where the Jedi went to. Unfortunatly, she also did not erase the info on the sale, so they were hunted down and killed as well.

However, Jerot Daagh was at the control tower at the moment of impact, picking up some measurements and checking on several things. So, he died in the crash as well. Congratulations on completing this side quest at the cost of your lives. Except EX3, whom lived for a few more months before dying again.

(okay, you all said you wanted to die a bloody way, what could be worse then having a building dropped on you? Anyway, I'll send an e-mail for specs on the next game.)