New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Werewolf II

1. - Top - End - #661
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf II

OOC

((Please remember narrators, that the moment we hit 50 pages, that we need to start a new thread called "Werewolf II, cont'd" or somesuch, and let folks know when this happens so we can all jump in and check in there. That, for sure, should get people posting.

Hey all you out there! Yeah, you. You who are not posting. I know that this may all be part of your "strategy" to sit back, and not post, but seriously, we had, what, 12 votes out of 40 for the lynching? The problem with this is that, technically, you cannot "opt out" of voting. Technically, everyone must vote for somebody. You can change who you are pointing to, to include yourself (a villaiger made himself a martyr in the last game by doing this), so that your vote is going to somebody else and not getting a vote on someone else to convict them. So, to all of you not at least posting, and definitely not voting, please jump on. This is supposed to be a highly interactive game, and you all are missing out by not actually interacting.

There. I've finished my soapbox speach. I'll get off of it now.

Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that this was an entirely OOC speach, and in no way should reflect on any in-game way. Thank you.))
    My Awsome Sig!
    Spoiler
    Show

The Original Narrator for the SMBG "Werewolf" game
    WEREWOLF CENTRAL
    LET CHAOS RULE: Turquoise bicycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly!
    It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo. Because the status...is not quo.

Games I run: Fallout: Great Plains (Redux)

2. - Top - End - #662
    alcomoholik
    Guest in the Playground

OOC

Sorry for non-participation in the last round - was at a friends for the weekend and his internet is up the wall. Also as i've now got no internet at home now, unless I can get to a comp with access i'll only be able to post 9-5 mon-fri GMT

But for the next couple of IC nights i'll be participating as much as I can get away with at work (usually a lot)

(again, that was all OOC)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Narrator Korith:
    4 1/2 hours until daybreak.

If you have a special role and haven't messaged me yet (you KNOW who you are), be warned that your power will be missed tonight if I don't hear from you by the deadline.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

4. - Top - End - #664
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I would suggest that we start a new thread with this new day - just as a logical place to make a break.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

5. - Top - End - #665
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets
    I would suggest that we start a new thread with this new day - just as a logical place to make a break.
    Thats actually a really good idea, PMing Korith.

Done and done. At 8:30 watch out for a new thread from Korith
    Verminaard avatar by drKarling

6. - Top - End - #666
    Pixie in the Playground

(( MAy I make a suggestion?

I suggest you pin warnings that if the people who didn't vote this round don't vote in the next will get kicked out of the game... Lessens the numbers and kills the people who aren't acually playing...))

Avatar credit goes to Faceninja... Thanks mate!
    Star Army, a... Well, Space Opera Roleplaying site.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Kerigan Lin Bardi
    (( MAy I make a suggestion?

I suggest you pin warnings that if the people who didn't vote this round don't vote in the next will get kicked out of the game... Lessens the numbers and kills the people who aren't acually playing...))
    Narrator Korith:
    A little harsh, IMO. However, I might be inclined to require a vote over the next two turns in order to survive. Some people can be pretty badly indisposed in the short term. That will give a deadline of about...Saturday. Yeah, that might be fair. I'll have to confer with The Roaming Gnome on the subject.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

8. - Top - End - #668
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu the Masked LLama
    *Atreyu whimpers and looks around. Too many possibilities but he tries to think it over.

[i] Runeclaw, however, seems to target early voters. He is trying to instill the fear of accusation into the early voters. Maybe he is a werewolf and knows that if no one votes then no one will be lynched. If we are too afraid to vote to lynch someone, then the wolves have nothing to fear and can eat the llamas and people of this town without worry.
    This would not be a bad piece of logic, except for three things:

1) I have not been advocating suspicion of people who vote early, but rather of those who jump on rapdily-forming band wagons. I think that the tactics of a werewolf would not be to accuse someone themselves (as that attracts attention), but to wait for a consenus to begin to form, and to then encourage it. My supicion of Destroy (rest his soul...I was wrong about him) was not based on his having been an early accuser - indeed he was, respectiviely, the 5th and 3rd accusers of Sneak and Tully, by my count. And his being the 3rd accuser of Tully actually made was earlier than I would have expected for a werewolf, but he fit the pattern I was looking for better than anybody else.

2) A werewolf would know that even if the majority of the villagers cast no votes at all, even a few votes is enough to lynch someone if there are not votes opposed (at least, that is my understanding - Destro certainly had far from a majority).

3) I'm not a werewolf.

Its a sad day, that another innocent has been killed, and I fear another will be the victim of werewolf attacks tonight. Tomorrow we must try to find one of the wovles amongst our number and string them up for sure.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Scribe, Korith

Narrator Korith:
    A little harsh, IMO. However, I might be inclined to require a vote over the next two turns in order to survive. Some people can be pretty badly indisposed in the short term. That will give a deadline of about...Saturday. Yeah, that might be fair. I'll have to confer with The Roaming Gnome on the subject.
    Works for me. Since I am the day Narrator, I'll keep a list of who has voted over two rounds. If you would, Korith put a nice big OOC message at the top of your daybreak post.
    Verminaard avatar by drKarling

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

(( Joy, I contributed!))

Avatar credit goes to Faceninja... Thanks mate!
    Star Army, a... Well, Space Opera Roleplaying site.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Pixie in the Playground

Somewhere between here, but not so far as there.

Cain is unsure why to think, two people dead, and no where near finding the werewolf.

*He points at DLD, and prays that he is right

A Little Nonsense now and again, is valued by the wisest man. ~ W. Wonka

12. - Top - End - #672
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Morning has broken, and the game continues here

Narrator Korith:
    Cain2005, we would appreciate if you would move your post to the new thread.

Mods, we would similarly appreciate if this thread were locked tight.

Regards,
    Korith the Narrator.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES