New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Lost Vampires IC Thread

You run through the halls of your house, all the others of your family arrayed in their doorways, watching you with contempt as the voice inside your head screams to run, run, run.

This is how it's supposed to be.

You burst into the front hall, your former friends and companions silently closing the space behind you, your dead blood rushing through your veins like never before.

Terror.

For the first time since your transformation, you feel terror, the eyes of your fellows watching you with contempt and pity.

Terror.

Smashing through the ornate double doors of the front hall, you run into the night, this scene replaying in many of homes nearby.

Terror.

Your vision tightens as this new sensation takes an even greater hold, forcing you to move, and move fast.

Terror.

Others like you appear, and you move near them for comfort.

Pain.

A vast mass of gibbering darkness moves behind you, tearing into your ranks and pulling one of you out.

Pain.

That one lost, the others continuing to run deeper into the woods.
    You, on the other hand, regain consciousness as her pitiful cries for help and a savior reach a fevered pitch, the mass pulling one of her legs off, sucking the blood from it like a child with a candy cane.

Life is different, and so very much the same.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-03-09 at 06:30 AM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Lost Vampires IC Thread

Arlecchio D'Comdia
    How could they have caught on so quickly?
    There was no question on the matter; the whole affair had been a ruse. He was never trusted with anything, why should Arlecchio think for a second that he would have been truseted with his family's Culling? As soon as he made his move to Arch Mage Vassilly's coffin, desecrated stake held high above his head, ready to strike through the lid and end the foul tyrant's unlife, the crypt doors crashed open. Two of his brothers, well armed and clearly expecting Arlecchio advanced on him, and only after wounding one and evadeing the other had he managed to escape the room, and the mansion. He never looked back once, despite his surprise at what followed him. Other vampires, but from different families, and not giving chase, but fleeing as well. He had not noticed the chaotic mess following them, though, pulling numbers from their unorganized ranks. He noticed only that his family had not bothered to even leave the safety of their own mansion.
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Samael Beau Pre

Terror flooded his body. All he could think of now was to save his un-life by running. As he busted outside, he saw others like himself. Running. He barely even recognized them, though, and his mind couldn't think of anything except for evading capture and surviving longer...

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gestarn Iorstig

So, they were fools after all. I told them, I have Illiakan under control! A wave of derisiveness not his own washed over him. Shut up!!!! He continued to flee. Why can't they see the power, all the power I have...I could have helped them, made them stronger than they ever imagined. If only they had listened! The being, the ancient inside of him made a brief contact before sinking back into his subconscious: Your idiocy impresses me. They wouldn't understand real power if it was drinking their blood. You fool... SHUT UP!!!!! but there is no more from the ancient, from Illiakan. But Gestarn would show them. He would show them all...
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2008-03-12 at 06:39 AM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Konstantine von Röthenburg

Half-naked and slightly groggy from being roused so quickly, Konstant wielded his horse carefully as the others approached. He had only caught fleeting images of what had attacked him. He thanked the Goddess that Isabella had been wise and remained home on this journey.

"At least one of us is safe," he mumbles under his breath.

He instinctively checks his side, and finds his sword: His horse had his lance at least, but not his armour; but luck cannot grant you everything, he assumed to himself. The dying screams fall hard on his heart, but he cannot save them all, nor was he meant to. He tries to catch his breath, but realises that it would do him no good. He closes his lips over his eye-teeth and watches as the others approach him. He remains vigilant, but doubts that any poses a threat to him. He slows his horse to a trot, and then turns to make sure what ever was chasing him was still a good distance behind him.

Need to get some armour, quick, he thinks to himself.
    Last edited by Elector; 2008-03-11 at 03:15 PM.
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

Witty signature under construction

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The shadowy mass cleans the leg of flesh and drops it to the ground, pulling off another of the woman's legs as she screams in horror and pain, the limb coming off with a slight pop.
    It seems to be nothing more than a hunched mass of congealed darkness as it uses one of its several tentacles to run the leg over the space where a mouth would be, the bones coming away clean.
    The captive vampire, completely entangled in its tentacles, continues to scream, her bloody stumps oozing the purple fluid of your kind onto the ground, rigid from pain and continued terror.
    Her eyes rolls into the back of her head as she lapses into a pain free stupor, the creature moving its tentacle back to pull one of her arms from its socket.
    It ignores you entirely, completely engrossed in the feast at hand.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-03-11 at 11:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Konstantin von Röthenburg

"Very glad she decided to stay home..." Konstantin says quietly to himself.

"Gentlemen, I strongly suggest that we moved away from this beast with haste... unless you care to see any more of the specticle." Without waiting for a responce he begins to back away carefully, trying not to attract attention to himself. "Courage does not mean dying needlessly," he reminds himself with his sub-conscious chatter with himself. He had picked up the habit on long trips away from his Isabella, reminding himself of his own sanity since his turning on the battlefields.
    Last edited by Elector; 2008-03-12 at 12:46 AM.
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

8. - Top - End - #8

"I am forced to agree. We should go. Now." Gestarn's face and limbs warp, crack and pop, flailing wildly before settling in the form of a lean gray wolf. He bounds off after Konstantin, easily keeping pace with his loping strides.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Ride check to pick up Samael Beau Pre (1d20 + 14=34) Heh heh, love them nat 20's The idea is that I am trying to maneuver the horse while only helping him up... so keeping control of the horse takes presidence.

"Stop gawking and get on" Konstantin says forcibly. He turns around and helps the fellow get onto the back of his horse. He turns to the remaining Vampire and with a strong glance and a flick of his head says "Get moving, I cannot carry everyone."

For everone:
    Spoiler
    Show

Heroism (Ex): At 4th level, the knight and his allies within 60 ft. are immune to fear. In addition, whenever any such character would have to normally make save against fear, he instead gains +2 morale bonus to Strength for 1 minute.

A quick spur and the horse is moving. "Damned," he says loud enough to be heard, but still to himself , "Sunrise is soon, and I haven't fed in a while." He turns to check on his passenger, and confirming his continued presence on the back of the horse, turns back around.
    Last edited by Elector; 2008-03-12 at 11:54 AM.
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

10. - Top - End - #10

Arleccio D'Comdia
    Arlecchio had been plnning to take Samael with him for protection. Now that the unarmoured knight had stole away his target, he had little reason to stay here. He managed a quick response to the two before picturing his hometown in his mind and activating his boots of teleportation. "I'll meet you in Konigston. I'd suggest you invest in a faster means of transportation, though. I don't plan on waiting forever. If you make it in time, search for me in the D'Comdia musoleum. I'll save a few spots." And with a wink, he was off.((Teleporting himself to some nearby town, hereby named Konigston, waiting out theo coming dawn in the cover of his family mausoleum/crypt. The town should be 'familiar', I assume you want to roll for the spell. Tell me if you have a different destination in mind. ))
    Last edited by browng-08; 2008-03-13 at 10:58 AM.
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Arleccio is transported to Konigston, a town 34 miles away from the Houses, and about 26 miles to the South-East of where you are now.
    When he gets there, he sees a varied group of were-creatures coming from the north, along the road that would lead to the his and the other's Houses.
    They carry the head of a vampire that on a pike, its look of pain and terror almost sickening you.

Gestarn, Konstantin, and Samael all move away from the creature as it continues its meal.

[You ran from the East to the West for about 15 miles, the ocean is another 20 or so miles West, town (where Arleccio is now) is the only other town within 100 miles (the Houses are just the main home/base of the vampire portion of the 520), and large mountains ring around the East and North. The South is mostly woods until you reach the plains 90 miles down the coast.
    3 and a half hours until sunrise.]
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-03-13 at 01:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Arlecchio D'Comdia
    Arlecchio ducks into the nearest allyway and looks for a good place to hide. He remains there, listening for the approach of the were-creatures. Should he realize they're onto him, he jumps out and attacks, weilding his Profane Longsword.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search- (1d20+11)[13]
    Hide- (1d20+14)[26]
    Listen- (1d20+15)[27]
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Arlecchio moves into the shadowy ally, becoming immersed in shadow.
    The were-creature don't notice him, being to busy saying how much fun it was to hunt the crazy vampires.
    They move south at a steady pace, the towns people keeping their eyes cast down so as to not anger the Were's.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Once the group has gotten a bit farther on, Gestarn heads off the horse before returning to his human form with a sickening series of snaps, krackles, and pops. "This is pointless. If we continue to run aimlessly, eventually dawn will come. I have a pair of boots allowing teleportation, thrice each night. I believe that I can take us to the town, where at least we can find shelter. Would this be an acceptable course of action?"

15. - Top - End - #15

Samael Beau Pre

Well, whatever we do, we need to do it fast. If we keep running like this, we'll all be dead...again. If you've got an idea, then do it!

Samael jumped off of the horse, and paced around, obviously nervous and scared.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

16. - Top - End - #16

Gestarn looks at Sammael. "Very well then, if you're ready, I'll take you." He looks at Konstantin. "Don't move far. I'll be right back." He looks again at Sammael. "Take my hand." (The next section assumes Sammael takes the proffered hand) Gestarn grips Sammael and murmurs under his breath before they both vanish briefly. (for the purposes of rolling, I'd put it down to seen casually; Gestarn likely would have seen it at least once since it's the only village in a hundred miles) Dropping Sammael off, he returns and (Barring any mishaps) goes through the process once more with Konstantin.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Damned," he said holding his head and leading his horse on foot. He had never been too fond of magic, trusting only his sword when things needed to get done. He was glad he couldn't feel cold,a few years ago, he'd probably be having issues right now. He extentds a bare hand to the two fellows with him, "Sir Konstantine von Röthenburg, knight of the Order of the Dragon. Son in death of Lord Valentin von Röthenburg."
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Samael and Gestarn see Arlecchio hidden in an ally, a troop of Were's moving south and the townspeople of Konigston not looking you in the eye as they go about their nightly business.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Gestarn gently pushes Sammael towards the Alley. He then retrieves Konstantin, trying to teleport back into the Alley directly.

20. - Top - End - #20

Samael Beau Pre

Samael had been amazed. In an instant he had be...transferred, for lack of a better word to this city in an instant. It was weird, but Samael had never truly experienced magic. Seen it, sure, but never experienced it on himself. He stood in disbelief when he first appeared, dumbfounded, until he felt a rough shove from his side. He was shoved into the alleyway and he finally noticed Arlecchio in the same alleyways.

Wondering what was going on, he began to look around, and noticed the werecreatures stalking the street. He plugged up against the wall as tight as his slightly large frame would allow him to. With luck, they wouldn't notice any of them in the alleyway.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Well, a fine spot," he says to himself, holding and aching head and wondering why he had bothered with a horse just to be teleported around. He mutters a short prayer to Evening Glory, to anyone close enough, it sounds like a love letter to Isabella.

"What is our next step?" he asks quietly to those surrounding him. "This isn't the best place for us to be loitering around."
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The Were's are a ways away now, and only you and the towns people remain in sight.
    The town of Konigston is mostly just a feeding station for the local vampire populace, nothing more than about 20 houses in a ring around the central fountain, along with a pub, a smithy, a general store and a Very high class brothel.
    Everything outside the ring is either the fields that support the town or woods, which begin about a mile away.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Arlecchio D'Comdia
    "I don't know about you guys, but I think now that we've got back together, it's about time we cleared out the rabble from this town."
    Arlecchio says with a snarl. He only gained a glimpse of the severed head, but he culd recognise his sister anywhere.
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Agreed... I still have no idea what that thing was... gah... but I never want to see anything like it again." He shutters at the memory.
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

25. - Top - End - #25

Gestarn looks cautious. "Perhaps it would be best to lay low for a time. Rest and recuperate, then figure out what to do from there. I don't fancy our odds against that raiding party, and the light draws near. It's annoying to them. It's fatal to us."

26. - Top - End - #26

Aye, I'd have to agree...if we can't find shelter soon, it won't matter what we clear out, we'll all be going with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+22)[37]
    Looking for a place that seems to be abandoned and would be able to stop sun.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please

-George Carlin

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

All the nearby houses are occupied, and there is another 2:30 hours until morning.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Gestarn looks at Arlecchio. "D'Comdia! Didn't you reference a mausoleum?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

"Anyone have ins with the owner? I hope for our sake he isn't dead."
    - Kurfürst von der Rhein

30. - Top - End - #30

Arlecchio D'Comdia
    "Yes, the family mausoleum. We'll have to take the road where those mange-ridden bastards came down from, so keep your eye out for stragglers. I just hope they weren't already in there."
    'Banjulhu' by Serpentine