New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    Read!
    It's pure awesome win covered in... win? And I say this as someone who doesn't really like watching tv/movies/etc... and I loved it. Go find the DVDs. There are only like, what, 14 episodes ('cos Fox is a bastard and canceled it)? And then go watch Serenity (movie) after... puts some closure on the whole thing, and it's fantastic too.
    Interesting . . .
    To YouTube!
    I guess it can't hurt to give it a go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Not a chance of finding me under a guy's arm. I have standards, y'know. I'm only to be found under french women's arms.
    It is so hard to tell a tribble's gender, but I can only assume that Trog was speaking of your feminine counterparts, the Vorpal Tribble Fraulines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Tribbles are genderless. They asexually reproduce, remember?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok! This day turned out to be a whole lot more involved than I was guessing. Most of the morning and early afternoon spent packing (we had some friends and family members who came over to help us out) and then the evening doing birthday party stuff for our son. It was actually not too bad, but I am exhausted!!!!!

Now, if only he will sleep until after...well, 8:30 would be ok. *sighs*
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

Firefly = Hicks in Space.

I was going to use the smiley, but I don't dislike it all that much. I'd just prefer to watch Star Trek or Lexx...

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm...for some reason I'm hearing that old Muppets skit, only it's called "HICKS...IN...SPAAAAAAACE!"

Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post

I was going to use the smiley, but I don't dislike it all that much. I'd just prefer to watch Star Trek or Lexx...

Hicks. In space. You live in Australia, right? is dueling still legal there?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

8. - Top - End - #278

ER: Me too
    Fox: Sure, why not.
    >fetches Italian rapier I bought for Goff<

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Hee hee... If you're not really listening very closely, it kinda sounds like hicks in space...
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

10. - Top - End - #280

Did it seriously seem to you like hicks? Come on!

11. - Top - End - #281

There is a prostitute on board, a total gun-nut, and they're all rednecks.

12. - Top - End - #282

actually she is the equilvalent if a geisha... She has more class then the rest of them (doctor excluded) put together. and what about River? how many episodes have you seen? And I think you are being offensive to the rednecks...

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

The only question I have, is why does everyone seem to speak some Chinese? And why won't they translate it in the subtitles?!
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    actually she is the equilvalent if a geisha... She has more class then the rest of them (doctor excluded) put together. and what about River? how many episodes have you seen? And I think you are being offensive to the rednecks...
    *raises hand*

...the representative from Georgia thinks it's a great compliment to rednecks to compare them to Firefly cast members. That is all.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The American and Chinese cultures merged after Earth was Destroyed. Whedon apparantly likes this concept, because it was also used in Titan A.E.

There arent' subtitles because the Mandarin was used in place of most swearing to get around the censors.

@^ same with TN...if only hicks were like everyone on Firefly

@V River's the crazy girl that Doc Simon had in the freezer box. She's also his sister.

Also, rednecks aren't near as civilized as everyone on Firefly...it's much more a cowboy's in space thing.
    Last edited by Jack Squat; 2008-03-29 at 10:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

1. I actually kinda liked that character.
    2. Can't remember who River is.
    3. Not very many. I have already mentioned that it can suck me in (on the other hand, Neighbours has too, once or twice...).
    4. I never said that it was especially bad for it to be Hicks in Space. Or are you saying it's offensive to rednecks to be associated with Firefly?

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    The only question I have, is why does everyone seem to speak some Chinese? And why won't they translate it in the subtitles?!
    Because China and America formed up to make the Alliance as they colonized the universe. They all speak Chinese for that reason, and they mostly use it for swearing...

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, but I still don't realize why they can't translate it for the subtitles. I've bought the thing, I want to know what they're saying!

I don't think I'd realized the thing about the Alliance merger. Like I said, I've only seen a couple of episodes yet.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

19. - Top - End - #289

The usage of "hicks" is commonly derogative, my fanboyism immediately kicked in. Also, the pilot is hardly "redneck"...

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

They have translations in the Firefly books...there's two of them and they contain the entire script and cool info about the show and interviews. Next time I have money I'll buy them, but for now I just borrow them from a friend whenever I want to look something up. IIRC, they're about $25 each, although they could have dropped in price.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm....

*looks at the boxes of books already packed, ponders buying more books to add to the pile*

Better not right now. I need to finish going thru the ones I have in order to make room for new ones. As it is, I will have to wait to finish re-reading stuff until after we move.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Hmmm....

*looks at the boxes of books already packed, ponders buying more books to add to the pile*

Better not right now. I need to finish going thru the ones I have in order to make room for new ones. As it is, I will have to wait to finish re-reading stuff until after we move.
    I usually hit firefly wiki and they have ALL of the Chinese in the episode listed at the bottom
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

I may have to check that out, though I probably won't have it up at the same time as the show. I don't think I'd be able to follow the show if I did that, and I'd probably lose the tv to someone else if it looked like I was actually on the computer.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

*sputters*
    I just came and read this page, so I hope I'm missing something because... Serp.... doesn't like firefly?.... but but that will decrease the love just a bit. My love meter just went down a notch. Losing points makes pxp sad.

Also, pxp is supposed to be writing a paper that is due on Wednesday and is really long. But it is not written yet. And the subject that she is writing it on is missing large gaps of information. Which makes it harder. And her energy level is through the floorboards, and she is hungry but the lack of energy means she didn't go out and buy food today like she was supposed to. And I think she might be a little lonely. We'll keep that one quiet though.
    Character Stats

Phoenixineohp avatar by Trog!

25. - Top - End - #295

I don't exactly especially not like it, I'm not just likely to gush about it or go out of my way to watch it. I would still be more than happy to snuggle up on the couch with you and eat lots of tasty foodstuffs once you've we've finished our assignments, and I'll even probably enjoy it!

edit: Just noticed some edits. Cowboys are just another, cooler, flavour of Hick. Like Toreadors are cooler varieties of Daeva
    Totally has not started LARPing, how dare you even suggest such a thing >.>
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2008-03-30 at 01:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

I'm trying to explain this thing to a friend of mine. I've seen in some old Japanese movies where the women have their eyebrows plucked almost all the way, so they just have two little dots. I've been looking for pictures to send to her to illustrate what I'm talking about, and I can't find any. I've never found Google to be so useless.

morbid
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

You'd be surprised to find out how many things Google can't find.

Does anybody here knows of a good heavy metal/dark metal/death metal/heavy rock band?

Cause I need to fill some, errmmm, blank spaces of my ears.

Groups you don't have to tell...
    Atreyu
    Metallica
    Apocalyptica
    Dream Theatre
    Haggard.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

I don't like heavy metal, so I don't know what's good and what's not, but my ex from high school is in a band called Woven Fear.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Lexx? LEXX? LEXX?!

Never in all my life would I dream of meeting someone who said they "prefered" Lexx to other sci-fi shows. Wow. That has got to be one of the weirdest damn shows ever made.

You won't hear me say this much, but ... God help us.

LEXX?!

@V: Oh for ... not another Kai-fan! You know he's dead, right? Dead? So he can't even ... it's not even possible ...

He's dead, you know!
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-03-30 at 01:56 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300

I like Lexx...

I can't say I prefer it to other sci-fi shows. Especially not to Firefly. But I did like it...if only for Kai...

@^ I'm aware. That's kind of the point.
    Last edited by mercurymaline; 2008-03-30 at 02:02 AM.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!