New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

That's good. Vey good.
    Stupid haunted place and then getting in trouble for 'viciously murdering two dogs', breaking and entering and 'vandalism'.
    Only the second charge was real. The thingy there would have killed us if we'd left before the two guard dogs arrived. (They were King Charles Spaniels by the way) And it was in the bin, but the bin was full.
    But we heard everything from there and when we tried to leave the kitchen the bin tipped over and rolled over to us slowly and it was barking and growling so viciously that we had to stare at the bin until they arrrived.
    And I wa recording everything and the sound was played at the trial and scared everyone. And the tape was filmed by another person who got in troubl with a security guard and only some of the tape could be shown/.
    And the ghost dog demon thingy killed the two spaniels! Badly! We could hear them screaming and yelping and we were running and crying and the dog demon thingy was growling and barking o loudly we thought it was behind us.

Very bad dream. We were only there because some girl said she thought the hedge was haunted and we went there during a trip and we saw this 'nose' in the hedge and she said that it would be around more in the night. So we went there and were in the kitchen when the dog demon thingy showed up and everything was so damn scary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    girls...

i'm trying to do a comb-over with mine!
    Oh come on. 1/2 inch long armpit hair is still substantial armpit hair. But just... you know... without it hanging out of your shirt sleeve or anything gross. I mean it's one thing to have manly armpit hair but yet another thing lift up your arm and find Vorpal Tribble there.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    The actual church there is called St Andrews, so it could just be a coincidence. I don't know much about it, but it's in Herefordshire. I guess it's probably a coincidence, I don't want to worry you unduely!
    Also because in the Isles, small towns with old Victorian churches and vicarages are dime a dozen. It's like dreaming about a castle in Austria or Scotland.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks, Trog!!

*Goes around "Rawr"ing behind Cobra*
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

I had an odd dream the other night, it was really realistic.

I was driving my car following a friend when I couldn't get over a steep hill and so my car broke down.

Then Noel Edmunds jumps out of nowhere with a microphone saying I was the next guest on his new show, "wish or work".

This show does not exist but I dreamt up all the rules and premise. The contestant needs to be in a damsel in distress scenario to be chosen. Then two words are randomly generated. In the dream these words were "marriage" and "beaches". Then the contestant says whether they'd rather work towards a goal associated with the words or wish that the goal had already been met. I said, in the dream, that "beaches" would be one to wish for as I don't live near a beach and that marriage I'd have to work at as I can't be given a marriage without even having a girlfriend. Then at the end of the show the contestant weighs up being given things vs. working for them.

Then I was whisked off to a hotel swimming pool to impress some ladies, and I was being coached my Noel about the eventual goal of getting married. I did a couple of lengths of the pool wearing a blue dressing gown, then I took that off and I was wearing a white dressing gown. And then I took that off and I was wearing trunks.

Then I went to the hotel room where I was trying to watch Noel Edmunds on telly. But it wouldn't work. Then I got a signal and he said "they'll be here soon". The hot girls show up of course I wake up as is tradtional.

When I woke up I spent ages trying to figure out if that was a real TV programme or not. Very odd.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

My friend almost got run over by Noel Edmunds...

*Bounces into thread delivering warm baked hug goodness*
    Also, raaaargh! Jibar is kinda happy!
    Despite not sleeping or eating or drinking fior 24 hours, this is because he was busy with party, a party where a group of friends decided to pick on him by telling him how awesome they thought he was!
    Then, today, I not only managed to get in watching Rocky Horror Picture Show when everybody was clearing out, but upon a trip to the city I got myselfs a copy of BioShock and Dead Rising, and a Paramore poster aaaand finally, after months of searching, found a copy of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol II!
    *You Got The Thiiiiiiiiing*

*Continues bouncing through thread dishing out hugs*
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    blah, blah, blah BioShock Blah blah
    did someone say Rapture?
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

8. - Top - End - #218

Umm, I'm slightly confused here.
    Is Noel Edmunds still alive? I thought I read something to the contrary.
    Of course, if he is dead he could still visit Glug's dreams from beyond the grave.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Congratulations, Jibar!
    my birthday present arrived today! I am guessing it is either a sword or Gitaur Hero 3.
    And i also have a date in roughly an hour, with a cute guy. we are seeing 10,000 BC because it's crap.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    did someone say Rapture?
    No, he said Bioshock,
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Ooooh, Zak is back!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Death Knight by Threeshades, Werewolf Knight by boomwolf

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    Congratulations, Jibar!
    my birthday present arrived today! I am guessing it is either a sword or Gitaur Hero 3.
    And i also have a date in roughly an hour, with a cute guy. we are seeing 10,000 BC because it's crap.
    I hope it's a sword. GH gets boring after a while.

And I refused to watch that movie. Ice Age is not the same without Scrat.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

12. - Top - End - #222

Cool.
    Birthdays are fun; and it's possible I'll finally get my birthday loot on Saturday. Ł25!
    I can either buy:
    The Hogfather on DVD and one other.
    Three books.
    Many books; but from charity shops. And it'd take time.
    Other DVDs.
    Save.
    Books.
    Or maybe I could order many things off Amazon...

So many possibilities.
    Besides; 'ziras' birthday is the 6th right? Meaning many things will be cheaper.
    Oh, I hope sword as well. GH games are something I've never played, but are apparetly addictive (bad considering your GCSEs are in May/June) and repetitive.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Cool.
    Birthdays are fun; and it's possible I'll finally get my birthday loot on Saturday. Ł25!
    I can either buy:
    The Hogfather on DVD and one other.
    Three books.
    Many books; but from charity shops. And it'd take time.
    Other DVDs.
    Save.
    Books.
    Or maybe I could order many things off Amazon...

So many possibilities.
    Besides; 'ziras' birthday is the 6th right? Meaning many things will be cheaper.
    Oh, I hope sword as well. GH games are something I've never played, but are apparetly addictive (bad considering your GCSEs are in May/June) and repetitive.
    You have to choose the charity shop option. I've had such fun trawling through them trying to find stuff. And when you find discworld books for Ł1.50 you know it's been a good day.I guess I'm just cheap.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    You have to choose the charity shop option. I've had such fun trawling through them trying to find stuff. And when you find discworld books for Ł1.50 you know it's been a good day.I guess I'm just cheap.
    That's a bit expensive. I tend not to buy books over Ł1 unless they're in extremely good condition or part of a series I've been collecting for mooer than one year. And then it takes two to three weeks to decide whether or not to buy it.
    That is frugal.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    The brain scene was funny.
    If by funny you mean insanely disturbing then yes it was very funny.

It was like watching someone get hit by a car. You don't really want to see it but you can't look away.

Question for my fellow playgrounders:

Who would you rather have capture you Hannibal or Jigsaw?

Talk about hard decisions.

To make things more interesting in either case they want you to suffer as much as possible.
    Last edited by Raiser Blade; 2008-03-28 at 03:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raiser_B1ade View Post

It was like watching someone get hit by a car. You don't really want to see it but you can't look away.

Jigsaw. Hands down.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Dreams you say?

There are only two dreams I have ever remembered.

One involved some sort of pack of wolves that stalked the city at night and chose houses to attack. Except these wolves were like the deinonichus in Jurrasic Park. They could open doors. And had criket bats for bludgening people. Don't ask how. They just did.

The other dream was effectively the Hitchcock film 'The birds'. But in garish technicolour and instead of birds there were various vicious brightly coloured polygons trying to kill me.

In my defence, the second dream was whilst I was doped up on morphine in hospital. But still really damn weird.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

To make things more interesting in either case they want you to suffer as much as possible.
    Jigsaw implies I can still survive.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Jigsaw implies I can still survive.
    Yes but you do stand the chance of dying a much slower painful death if you don't win his game. Of course there is the whole getting eaten part with Hannibal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes but you do stand the chance of dying a much slower painful death if you don't win his game. Of course there is the whole getting eaten part with Hannibal.
    Jigsaw gives you everything you need to win his game, and even tells you the rules. All you have to do is think, and care about your life.
    Remember, Jigsaw's targets all don't love their life, and the game is simply so they can learn to love living, again.
    Of course, I haven't seen beyond SAW II, so my information may be slightly outdated.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, Curly! You remember m birthday, i am flattered!
    I reccommend you get the Hogfather DVD. Because it was awesome.

Also, my date was great. We mainly ignored the film and smooched.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale
    Also, my date was great. We mainly ignored the film and smooched.
    That is a good date What's better to do while watching a bad movie than that?
    silver

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww. I liked 10000 BC. It amused me. What with the mammoths and ...Egyptians.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aww. I liked 10000 BC. It amused me. What with the mammoths and ...Egyptians.
    I don't know...is it a copy of Apocalypto? Cause it looks like it.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I hit the Barnes and Nobles todaywith abunch of giftcards I had saved up. I wanted to get some books that I haven't read and would look niceon my bookshelf (I treat mybookshelf like a reading resume). The cashiers' reaction: "wow. Sun Tzu and Lovecraft, what an interesting combination."
    Dear adults: Yes, I am a teenager who enjoys reading. Yes I read books that were meant for people three times my age. Can we move on please?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Amen Firefox. My favorite book a while back was Sun Tzu's Art of War. People gave me the weirdest looks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

27. - Top - End - #237

To be fair, the cashier seemed genuinely pleased at my selections... (Which were a Lovecraft compliation, The Art of War, and a Clancy novel)
    But this comes up to often...
    "What doyou want to be when you grow up?"
    "Oh I don't know, I like strategy, so probably gointo the military, 'officer and a gentleman' and all that."
    "You want to be a soldier?"
    ""

28. - Top - End - #238
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Well, I hit the Barnes and Nobles todaywith abunch of giftcards I had saved up. I wanted to get some books that I haven't read and would look niceon my bookshelf (I treat mybookshelf like a reading resume). The cashiers' reaction: "wow. Sun Tzu and Lovecraft, what an interesting combination."
    Dear adults: Yes, I am a teenager who enjoys reading. Yes I read books that were meant for people three times my age. Can we move on please?
    Sun Tzu and Lovecraft? Hmm...

"Proper Logistics of Great One Unit Deployment"? "Unspeakable Horrors and Interrogation"? "Rl'yegh Defense Strategies"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    It's not your age per se. As someone who works for Beowulf and Grenoble I think the two COMBINED is unusual. Most people three times your age read the biggest crap (The Secret anyone? Or the newest load of hooey from Poprah (Oprah) A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle)

Sometimes I play out various scenarios of what the oddest combos of books are. Such as "Kama Sutra" with a children's book coming out of the box.

Also there's a book called "The Game" (or something similar) It always makes me lose

Someone on the B&N community mentioned they found Marley and Me (a book about a dog basically) with Skinny Bitch. THAT'S funny right there.

I think other combos I could come up with are probably mostly inappropiate considering some books titles.... >.>

[/bookseller geek]

EDIT: NINJAAAAAAAAaaassssssssssssssss! But yes. We're always pleased to see some actual interest in reading and not.....whatever the Poperah has come up with

(btw all spoof on names are from the fault of the B&N livejournal community and blatantly stolen from there)
    Last edited by Bookman; 2008-03-28 at 09:27 PM.
    Ceikatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer
    Homeschoolers pwn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibar
    Hey, whatja know.
    Homeschoolers do pwn.

30. - Top - End - #240

...And my day is made, thank you.