New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Maacain Invasion, Jack's Group II

New thread!
    Thank you good sir Necromimesis for the amazing avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Maacain Invasion, Jack's Group II

Korael

"I join them on my terms, not theirs. Additionally, I would rather have it that they join me!" With that said, he raises his arm and channels negative energy towards the shambling undead approaching him, hoping to rebuke or command them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rebuke Check (1d20+6)[16]
    Rebuke Damage (2d6+14)[20]

3. - Top - End - #3

Koreal

"You think you can make DEATH folllow your terms?" Malgarath roar as the bodies erupt around him, tattering away into wisps of unholy energy. He snap his fingers and a flaming blade erupts to life in his right hand. He carries it up and brings it crashing down, "Do you think you can be a reaper? Do you think you can kill? Do you think you have what it takes to truly save a world?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Korael

Korael looks up at Malgarath. His eyes pierce towards Malgarath's eyes, to meet his gaze and defy his stare. His stance is firm and confident as he says with a bold voice: "I have escaped Hell twice. I have killed people. I have brought those people under my command in death. I have saved people. I might not make death follow my terms in the end and I might not become a reaper or save the world, but that does not stop me from trying! And that is what I am here for - to enhance my power so I may lay my will upon Death itself!" And as he says that, he raises his fist towards Malgarath as he glares at him with a confident look as that same fist flares up with the black and dark negative energy over which Korael does rule in a certain amount.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Marcus

"So it's all for your friends and yourself. Tell me, if hypothetically the entire world turned on one of your friends, would you help them?" Dalboz says, rising off the ground into the air, and beginning to levitate swarms of pebbles to pelt you.

Hypothetically, I'd help them because, well, what else kind of hypothetical friend would I be?

Why the hypothetical questions? Trying to help me achieve the path of enlightenment or stalling for time?

6. - Top - End - #6

Koreal

Malgarath smiles, a sick twisted maniacal grin that is only accented by the blazing of his eyes. The fires around you erupt, larger than ever before. Malgarath nods, "You know I could grant you that power. I could grant you that power, everything and more. It would be simple. It would take nothing. All you'd have to do is prove to me that you'd be willing to kill for it. Kill for the power to beat Amrien and save the world."

With that, Malgarath makes a gesture and a tiny portal opens, he reaches within and you hear a yelp from the other sides, cries of alarms, for help, for guards, the voices all strangely familiar. Then through the portal he drags the form of young Rix. The portal disappears and Malgarath holds Rix in a lock, his head arched back, bearing his neck.

"Maireth? I mean... Koreal... who is this man, what's going on? Where am I? What's happening, Koreal help me... please... help me!" come the helpless cries of Rix as Malgarath holds him in place.

Malgarath strokes the side of Rix's mask and coos. "This is the real Rix, in case you were wondering. I easily have enough power to bring him here. You know what to do..."

"What is he talking about Maireth? Please! Help me! I'm scared!!!" Rix cries out, his voice wavering.

Marcus

With that, Dalboz puts his face into his palm, drops out of the air to land lightly on the ground, and sighs. "Ugh... I give up. Fine, go be senseless. You have enough magic by now. I believe the other half of your training was as a rogue. I'll let someone else take over for that."

And with those words, the world goes dark. Then, spotlights, all blazing down upon you, illuminating the sandy floor like an arena, then slow heavy foot steps approach you, and figure in a black hood stands still in the sand before you. "I am Bob. I... uh... I honestly have no idea how I'm here. I'm not dead, at least not last I checked. In fact if I'm right about certain things I shouldn't be able to die. And since I'm almost always right 'cept for that one time with Schroder and that cat, I am quite certain I'm not dead. Anyway... Uh... I'm supposed to like... teach you or something? What level are you by now? What are your classes and what type of build are you trying to run? I can help you train if you tell me."
    Last edited by Talfrey; 2008-03-26 at 02:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Korael

For a moment, there was hesitation. Malgarath was right in one thing - of those on the world, Rix was the one Korael would hesitate the most to kill, it was the best choice to test him. He had wondered if it was really Rix, and Malgarath had answered that question. For a moment, he did not move, his thoughs running rampant. Yet, without logic, without clear thought, Korael reacted. It may be the gravest mistake he ever made. It may not be - time would tell.

Korael stepped forward, staring at Rix for a moment. He spoke two simple words. "Shut up!" Then, with a lunge forward, he shifted his body and faced Malgarath, driving a hand surrounded with dark energy to Malgarath's neck. Holding his hand there, Korael spoke in a dark, loud and angry voice. "As I said, I want Death to follow MY terms! Not yours, not anybody else! I nay seek dependence of power, being a slave to somebody else's terms, joining with their purpose or desire! You are here to train me and you are wasting my time. I do not seek your power - I seek MY OWN! Now train me instead of bouncing temptations at me so you can exert your power over the world you left behind." His voice sounds sure, without wavering. His look is angry, determined. He lets go of Malgarath's neck and looks down upon him. His stare is filled with fury and determination. His focus is with Malgarath and he does not even glance at Rix to see how he is doing.

8. - Top - End - #8

Koreal

Malgarath smiles.

Malgarath laughs.

Malgarath throws back his head and howls with maniacal cackling.

Malgarath snaps his fingers and Rix slips back into another tiny portal.

"Then we shall begin."

Koreal Levels Up!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Talfrey View Post
    Marcus

With that, Dalboz puts his face into his palm, drops out of the air to land lightly on the ground, and sighs. "Ugh... I give up. Fine, go be senseless. You have enough magic by now. I believe the other half of your training was as a rogue. I'll let someone else take over for that."

And with those words, the world goes dark. Then, spotlights, all blazing down upon you, illuminating the sandy floor like an arena, then slow heavy foot steps approach you, and figure in a black hood stands still in the sand before you. "I am Bob. I... uh... I honestly have no idea how I'm here. I'm not dead, at least not last I checked. In fact if I'm right about certain things I shouldn't be able to die. And since I'm almost always right 'cept for that one time with Schroder and that cat, I am quite certain I'm not dead. Anyway... Uh... I'm supposed to like... teach you or something? What level are you by now? What are your classes and what type of build are you trying to run? I can help you train if you tell me."
    I am Marcus, Warlock, Eldritch Seer, and all around sneaky kind of guy. I think the term for it is Rogue.

I frustrated some guy who was beating me up enough for him to kick me out and into here.... Which is?

10. - Top - End - #10

Bob shrugs, "I dunno" Bob reaches into the depths of his hood with a bluish taloned hand and seems to stroke a beard.

"So like... want to learn to count cards? That's sneaky. Or maybe we should go stab people. That's always fun. What about growing tentacles? Have you ever considered having tentacles installed? They're all the rage right now. That's a lie, but you believe me anyway."
    Last edited by Talfrey; 2008-03-26 at 03:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Bob's Lies!
    Bluff - (1d20+68)[84]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Bob shrugs, "I dunno" Bob reaches into the depths of his hood with a bluish taloned hand and seems to stroke a beard.

"So like... want to learn to count cards? That's sneaky. Or maybe we should go stab people. That's always fun. What about growing tentacles? Have you ever considered having tentacles installed? They're all the rage right now. That's a lie, but you believe me anyway."

Oh, I believe you alright. I'm sure the tentacles are all the rage these days.... in Hell.

Well, the Abyss anyways. You know how those succubi get...

Marcus decides to take a clsoer look at this "Bob" character by quickly moving up to him and sizing him up.

personally, I'd go for stabbing people myself.
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-03-26 at 03:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Marcus

"I just so happen to have an entire bag of clones of Kevin Federlines for just such an occasion."

And so the training begins...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Marcus

"I just so happen to have an entire bag of clones of Kevin Federlines for just such an occasion."

And so the training begins...

Say
    , panted Marcus, after a long day of stabbing, You're some kind of genius, right? Do you have any spells that would make stabbing people easier?

15. - Top - End - #15

"Yes I do." answers Bob as he reaches within the sack and withdraws another Kevin Federline, sheathing his blade into his heart he tosses the body aside. "Sadly you're not funny enough to be able to cast any of the spells. Makes me wonder why Dalboz wanted to pair me with you. I wanted that clown guy. I would totally have spent half the time we fought honking his nose..."

Elsewhere...

Vecna reaches out as his steel grinds against Morgan's blade, both had long since ruined their original sabers and had drawn anew. Vecna's hand lands on Morgan's nose, and with a squeeze, he says, "Honk. Right, not that I've gotten that out of the way..."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Kuruk

The centaur stares at the massive blade and steps away as he regains his composure. He looks up to the slaad through tired eyes, "I cannot. Perhaps my, fatigue is, limiting, my strength, but this, ludicrously, oversized weapon, is beyond, my ability, to pick up."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

17. - Top - End - #17

Tacitus

"Well you have to use it if you want me to train you. Who has the strength?" the slaad says cooly.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Kuruk

He slowly shook his head, "I do not, know. I have met, few stronger, than I, at my peak, and even then, I doubt they, could lift, such a, massive blade. Were he here, my Lord, could wield it, as easily as, any other, weapon, but even, with his strength, flowing, through me, I am lacking."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #19

"Where you have faith, you lack nothing." says the Slaad simply.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Kuruk

He narrowed his eyes at the slaad and drew in a long breath, "Faith is, infinitely powerful, but the world, wearies the flesh. I am, a devout warrior, a crusader, who knows, no end. I am not, a conduit, for the limitless power, of The Shining One, but a soldier, that will never, lay down, his blade, as long as, he has, the strength, to lift it."

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

"Yes I do." answers Bob as he reaches within the sack and withdraws another Kevin Federline, sheathing his blade into his heart he tosses the body aside. "Sadly you're not funny enough to be able to cast any of the spells. Makes me wonder why Dalboz wanted to pair me with you. I wanted that clown guy. I would totally have spent half the time we fought honking his nose..."
    Dalboz never saw this!

Marcus kicks a Kevin Federline out of the way and performs.... INTERPRETIVE DANCE! (1d20+11)[18]

22. - Top - End - #22

Kuruk

"Then lift up his blade, and we shall begin." The blade at your feet is your size, and easily held.

Marcus

"Hah, that's nothing!" Bob waves his arms around, and explains to you through innuendo how to cast spells, and their material components and effects, starting from the top with Summon Tentacled Monster VI, and then any spell you shout out for him to attempt.

(1d20+72)[74]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Kuruk

Still without a great deal of grace the centaur bends his knees and takes a moment to examine the blade. Lifting it from the ground he tests its weight in his hand with a few choice swings before he looks to the slaad, "Where do we, begin?"

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #24

Kuruk levels

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Marcus

"Hah, that's nothing!" Bob waves his arms around, and explains to you through innuendo how to cast spells, and their material components and effects, starting from the top with Summon Tentacled Monster VI, and then any spell you shout out for him to attempt.

[roll0]
    Amazing, Marcus claps his hands upon seeing the after effects of the Planar Binding of succubi and the Summon Tentacle Monster IX spell.

You must be some kind of genius to be able to do all this.

26. - Top - End - #26

Marcus levels.

Everyone should have leveled by now, please make final your item choices and PM them to me, also get ready to be posting at least once every single day, assuming a steady rate we should be finished within the next two weeks.

27. - Top - End - #27

Maireth

An eternity has past in this hell with this madman. The torturous prison you once knew becomes an all too familiar memory as flame and death cross blades again and again, each blow, each spell, each abomination another challenge. There is no rest, there is no stopping, There is simply a tempered anger brearing down on you like a smith's hammer. This crucible will forge you anew, or you will die.

"Summon more quickly child or the dragon will eat you." Malgarath states simply as he watches Maireth, long exposed from the armor of Koreal, dodge blow after blow from the form of a clockwork dragon, summoning with frantic abandon wraiths, which seem to for the most part do nothing to the horrible monstrosity but ice up it's gears for the tiniest moment. He wished he could summon true horrors, but Malgarath has said time and time again that it was not the defeat of the dragon that mattered, but the exercise.

Easy to say for him Maireth thinks as he steps a moment too late and suffers the pain of his foot being shattered. Castings his hands aside the sky above him shreds open into a black portal and from it twines the form of another wraith. He throws forth his hand and all his dead begin to circle the construct like a black cyclone, and moments later, as it's movements slow and gears lurch and shatter, the battle is over.

Maireth lets out a sigh of relief.

"Not bad. Not bad in the least. Expect more battles like this, Amrien will likely be immune to conventional methods of defeat. Now... our time is almost up. I hope you've spent your free time wisely. I also hope you've learned your lesson and know what you need, and what you want." Malgarath grins, then with a hand takes hold of the blade of his sword, and turns the hilt toward Maireth. "For your hard work I will give you a gift, my mightiest possession is the Fire Blade."

------------------------------------------

Morgan

Morgan's blade clashes with that of Vecna, they each pull back and sheath their blades through each other's hearts. A twirl and a side step and their blades pierce through again. Vecna smiles and laughs as they mirror each other's movements.

"You've gotten better Atraxis." Vecna says, knocking aside a blow only to receive the same. "Soon, you'll be able to ma-" A long thing blade protruded from his skull, his head pierced from behind. The form he had just parryed now draws back and buries it's blade in his heart. "Huh"

Vecna draws back, passing incorporeally through the blades "That was good... but it won't kill me."

And then all existence disappears in light as far above in the sky, the floating form of the battle ravaged clown extends it's glowing arms.

"Go Boom"

The world turns white, and then becomes blackness once more. Morgan smiles, this darkness consuming him was familiar. As his eyes adjust, he realizes there is one light left. A spotlight cast upon a chest.

"Looks like Vecna left us a gift" comments Alecto, but as Morgan opens the box the only comment she makes is an excess of laughter.

---------------------------------------

Ferah

Jack stands across from you, his blade at the ready, you only have one of your original kukri's left, your legacy kukri, and it is at the ready in your main hand as Jack comes at you again. You block, you swing, he parries and swings as you dodge, his blade cuts across and you catch it with two blades, and then bring down your main hand to insert your blade into his shoulder. You freeze, struck dumbfounded by amazement. For all the months you've been training with him you've never struck Jack, let alone even draw blood.

"We are done." Jack says, sitting down. "I suggest you leave. Just concentrate and you will. The rewards you seek are best found on one of the dead soldiers outside. I wish I could give you more..."

Jack pauses, and then redraws his blade. lifting it up to you. "Take this. Break it before your kukris and it won't empower them completely, but it will make up for the advancement you should have had if magic had not chosen to interfere... goodbye"

The world goes dark.

Spoiler
    Show
    Your legacy weapon is fully advanced

-------------------------------------------

Kuruk

Your training... has been different than you expected. You can count on both hands how many times you have actually drawn your blade. Instead, you have been spending your time run running, praying, and pushing yourself to the very limits and extremes of your body, and then continuing well past them... and never sleeping. It was painful for the first few months, but now the two of you have been running for what you guess has been two weeks straight across an open field without stopping, and in all honesty, you've never felt better. The bizarre white slaad paladin has been good company, never acting as a teacher but instead as a compatriot in your journey towards power, and all the while regaling you with stories of his days as an adventurer, later as a merchant and how he made his fortune, and finally as a teacher. He also gave you extensive knowledge of the location of each and every single shrine of importance on the earth.

The sun begins to rise again on this endless plain and far away you see a statue. A beautiful statue of Herioneous, only this one is bizarre in that it is a centaur, with a handsome face and strong energetic eyes. You walk towards the statue, examine it's fine armor, it's beautiful craftman's ship, it's intricacy and detail. Each scar, each hair seems replicated, but the more you look it over, the more you realize that this centaur... is you. It is then you see the proud face of the centaur smile, and find yourself staring down the statue of a world weary and well lived centaur.

"You are remade in his image, and so shall in his name live on. Now you may finally rest, not that you should have the need for it. Our training is done."

---------------------------------------

Marcus

"Alright, now put your hand like this and your other hand like this." Says Bob as he extends his arms above his head.

Marcus emulates.

"And then you shake them like this."

Macrus emulates.

"And that's how you do the Time Warp. Let's do the Time Warp agaaaain." Bob breaks out into song.

"It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
    Let's do the Time Warp again!
    "

Bob stops

"Now for Hadouken training." Bob squats, moves forward, and then rises to standing and punches. "Like that. Only time it better so you do... THIS"

Bob does the same move faster this time only he extends both hands and immense beam of energy erupts from his hands.

"Oh, looks like time is almost up. You should keep practicing."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned

Practicing the Hadoken? But doesn't it only work once per day or something?

Marcus decides to use his Eldritch Blasts again.

Ok, now.... Kame.... Hame.... HA!!!

He thrusts both hands out and from each palm bursts forth an Eldritch Blast.

Huh, didn't know I could do that before.
    Last edited by Solo; 2008-04-03 at 07:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Ferah

The training was over. It was time for the REAL fight to begin. Taking a (relatively) short amount of time to prepare herself for a fight against an army, Ferah drew her weapons, and concentrated.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 minutes (training land time) to set readied maneuvers, plus a swift action to enter Blood in the Water and Supreme Blade Parry stances.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

Morgan Atraxis

Morgan looked inside the chest and remained silent for quite some time. Then, slowly, he chuckled. A single chuckle. And then another. The chuckling grew louder and louder until Morgan was laughing a full belly laugh, scarcely able to inhale. Tears streaming down his face, he throws his head back, his laughs echoing aimlessly through the darkness.

After what seemed like an eternity of laughing, Morgan removed what little was left of his old armor. He reached into the chest, and got dressed.